Princess Beatrix at 80: January 31, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just with the photos of them all leaving the Palace this morning I thought either they stayed or there was another event on.

They stayed. Makes no sense to drive back to The Hague and then drive back early in the morning, to leave again later in the morning...

Nice to see the DRF again today - I particularly love the Robin Utrecht gallery, he always takes nice photos. Arianne looks especially sweet and I love her outfit, it looks quite cosy.
I really like Beatrix's make up as well!

I can't get over how mature Countesses Eloise and Luana are getting!

Nice to see the DRF again today - I particularly love the Robin Utrecht gallery, he always takes nice photos. Arianne looks especially sweet and I love her outfit, it looks quite cosy.
I really like Beatrix's make up as well!

Robin Utrecht indeed has a very good eye: he caught HM King Willem Alexander and Queen Maxima's gift bag with photo portraits of the 'A team' princesses, as well as a similar bag carried by HRH Princess Beatrix with a photo portrait of her Norfolk terrier(s)*

*I don't know if she still has more than one!

I love the photos of Beatrix with all of her grandchildren. Its nice to see them all there with her. They are sure growing up. :flowers:

Wow barely recognized Alexia. Love the shorter hair, and she is going ginger.

I love the photo with her dog too. Does he have a name? She seems to be quite the dog lover, seen many official photos with her dogs over the years. Labs seem popular in the family, the king and queen have 2 if I recall.

Happy belated birthday to Princess Beatrix :flowers:

The last direct union between the branches Orange-Nassau and Nassau was the one between Princess Carolina of Orange-Nassau and Prince Carl Christian of Nassau-Weilburg in 1760.

When Willem III of Orange-Nassau, King of the Netherlands, Grand-Duke of Luxembourg died without male heir in 1890, it were the descendants of this couple to inherit the throne of the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg, in place of the late King's daughter Queen Wilhelmina.

One of the godparents at the christening of Princess Beatrix in 1938 was Elisabeth Fürstin und Gräfin von Erbach-Schönberg born Prinzessin zu Waldeck und Pyrmont. Elisabeth was a sister of Queen Emma of the Netherlands and therefore an aunt of Queen Wilhelmina. Not only was Elisabeth a beloved aunt to Queen Wilhelmina, that this old lady was chosen as a godparent to Princess Beatrix was highly symbolical.

Elisabeth's paternal grandmother Fürstin Emma zu Waldeck und Pyrmont born Gräfin von Anhalt-Bernburg-Schaumburg-Hoym was a granddaughter of Carolina of Orange-Nassau and Carl Christian von Nassau-Weilburg.

Elisabeth's maternal grandfather Wilhelm von Nassau-Weilburg, Herzog von Nassau was a grandson of Carolina of Orange-Nassau and Carl Christian von Nassau-Weilburg.

Picture: Queen Wilhelmina (grandmother of princess Beatrix) posing with her mother Queen Emma and her aunt Elisabeth zu Erbach-Schönberg (who would become godmother to Princess Beatrix). https://www.gogmsite.net/_Media/queen-emma-her-daughter_med.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom