Paintings of Queen Beatrix

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Briex

City
Tilburg
Country
Netherlands
I'd like to share my painting of HRH Beatrix. It's based on an existing photo picture of her. Enjoy it! More of my paint work at Home at Briex

Attachments

• H.K.H. Beatrix by Briex.jpeg
    H.K.H. Beatrix by Briex.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 2,463
I'm sure Beatrix is Her Majesty. :)
Very well painted.

That's a very flattering portrait. I also like your portrait of Warhol, and your waterlilies.

What a great portrait of HM....you've really captured her well. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Well done!

Auction house Christie's is auctioning off US pop artist Andy Warhol's pink portrait of Queen Beatrix. Andy Warhol painted the portrait in 1985 as part of his series Reigning Queens, which consisted of four female monarchs: Beatrix of the Netherlands, Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom, Margrethe II of Denmark and Ntombi laTfwala of Swaziland. Christie's says Warhol praised the Dutch queen as the most beautiful of the four.

The auction is scheduled for 30 November. Portraits from the series Reigning Queens have been sold in large numbers as screen prints, but the original paintings are rarely put up for auction.
(from PPE)

Here you can see it.

Has anyone ever heard about it or the other three portraits? At least here are the other portraits as prints...

Briex, your painting is great!

Last edited:
Great painting Briex! It's a nice picture of HM. Thanks for sharing with us.

The Andy Warhol's pink portrait of Queen Beatrix is really a good piece IMO. The colors and the bright outlines he used is incredible. He really did a good job. Personally I wouldn't mind owning it :p

Painting of Queen Beatrix by Carla Rodenburg (1995) - I'll post the link first and the picture below for those who do not wish to see the whole article

The Netherlands

QUEEN_BEATRIX_1995_Carla%20Rodenburg.jpg

Some new 'Beatrix' artwork

Some new artwork with Her Majesty Queen Beatrix as subject.

Attachments

• Beatrix on your marks get set.jpg
    Beatrix on your marks get set.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 343
  • Hare Majesteit Koningin Beatrix.jpg
    Hare Majesteit Koningin Beatrix.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 680
  • Royal Respect - Her Majesty Queen Beatrix in Oman.jpg
    Royal Respect - Her Majesty Queen Beatrix in Oman.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 375
Last edited:
Back