Dutch State Visit to the Republic of Estonia: May 14-16, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucien

Majesty
City
Amsterdam
Country
Netherlands
:dutchstandard:

Her Majesty The Queen will pay a State Visit to the Republic of Estonia from may 14th till may 16th by invitation of
HE President Toomas Hendrik Ilves and Mrs.Evelin Ilves.

The visit will take place at the capital Tallinn and the island of Saaremaa,where HM will visit the city of Kuressaare.

The State Visit will see issues as the economic and social development.

HM will also visit the KUMU,the Museum of Modern Art where she will visit an exhibition on Estonian Art since the 18th century,
art from the Soviet era and new art.

HM will be Guest of Honour at a reception hosted by the dutch ambassador for members of the dutch community in Estonia.

Her Majesty will host a reception and a performance by Introdans at the National Opera on the evening of the 15th.

Het Koninklijk Huis

Ahead of the State Visit,starting tomorrow the 14th,here's HJA's impression,and his special page ofcourse:
http://www.royalblog.nl/

courtesy dear HJA.
:flowers:

Is that the first lady dressed in white? I love her dress! Although it does resemble a wedding dress a bit

pictures from tonight. Beatrix wears the pearl-spike tiara and a pearl-necklace

PPE Agency

14 May,

HM in green/orange

Behind a table

What a view!

In full armor

--

Good to see that HM is wearing a tiara at the state dinner. She did so when she visited Latvia, so I expected her to wear one here too. Probably to emphasize the importance of the new EU states, as she usually leaves the tiara at home when visiting a republic (an HM loves these small gestures). Anyway, I the pearl spike tiara come from Russia with Queen Anna Pavlovna and I believe the pearl necklace dates back to Princess Amalia of Solms.

One can never wear enough blue eyeshade

Cheers!

Last edited:
Spech by HM The Queen:

Speech by Her Majesty Queen Beatrix at the State Banquet on the occasion of her State Visit to Estland

Mr President,
It gives me great pleasure to visit your country and to be your guest here this evening. This afternoon we were shown one of the most advanced centres of government in the world, and tonight we are gathered in the mediaeval heart of your capital, a city centre of such great historical significance that it has been inscribed on UNESCO’s World Heritage List. This combination of old and new is typical of your country. On the one hand you cherish an ancient culture, on the other you are completely open to modernity. Respect for the past goes hand in hand with interest in the future.
In the course of history, there has been frequent contact between our countries and our peoples have worked together successfully. In the late Middle Ages a lively trade arose in the context of the famous Hanseatic League, which linked the Low Countries with the towns and cities around the Baltic Sea. Later, when our country had become an independent power, these ties became so important that our great seventeenth-century statesman, Johan de Witt, even spoke of the ‘mother of all trades’. Timber from this region was needed to build our houses and ships, and grain to feed our people. In the recent past these age-old contacts have been revived and our economic ties intensified. And the city links established between various places in our countries contribute to the further strengthening of contacts between our citizens.
Between that distant past and the present day lies a long and turbulent history that for your country was indeed not without tragedy. Foreign, and often cruel rulers oppressed your people and threatened your culture. But Estonia withstood these trials with great fortitude. Estonian culture was preserved through stories, fairy tales and songs and is still alive and well. Oral traditions have now been recorded in writing. Your compatriots’ love of music shows in their active participation in numerous musical events. The Estonian identity is also expressed in choral music. What is more, Estonia’s voice sounded as the herald of independence in the period that has since become known as the ‘Singing Revolution’.

Read the entire speech here.

14 May,

HM in green/orange

Behind a table

What a view!

In full armor

--

Good to see that HM is wearing a tiara at the state dinner. She did so when she visited Latvia, so I expected her to wear one here too. Probably to emphasize the importance of the new EU states, as she usually leaves the tiara at home when visiting a republic (an HM loves these small gestures). Anyway, I the pearl spike tiara come from Russia with Queen Anna Pavlovna and I believe the pearl necklace dates back to Princess Amalia of Solms.

Cheers!

Does she not always a tiara. Also when the dinner is black tie. I think she only didn't wear one to Argenitina etc a few years back. last year in Slovakia she wore also one. But she looks really good.

14 May,

HM in green/orange

Behind a table

What a view!

In full armor

--

Cheers!

Our girl Trix looks just swell!!:wub:

Het Koninklijk Huis

PPE Agency

courtesy PPE/

Last edited:
Does she not always a tiara. Also when the dinner is black tie. I think she only didn't wear one to Argenitina etc a few years back. last year in Slovakia she wore also one. But she looks really good.

I never looked at the matter in that light actually, but I suppose you are right indeed. I will have to look up the difference between white- and black tie though (though the expression is clear enough)

Anyway, i agree that HM looks good. Look here for a backview of the dress and in this picture you almost get to see the dress in full length.

--

HM takes quite a lot of staff btw, here a PPE picture with the higher gods. The caption says:

Drs. F.C.G.M. Timmermans, secretary of state for European Affairs
Drs. M. Hennis, grand master of the House of H.M. the Queen
Mrs. mr. M.L.A. van Loon-Labouchere, grand mistress of H.M. the Queen
Luitenant-general A.J.G.M. Blomjous, adjudant-general van H.M. the Queen
Mr. H.A.C. van der Zwan, ambassador inTallinn
Mr. P.W.A. Schellekens, CEO of the cabinet of the Queen
Drs. W.N. Cosijn, master of the ceremonies of H.M. the Queen
Drs. C. Breedveld, director-general of the RVD
Mr. J.W.S. van Eenennaam MBA, court marshal of H.M. the Queen
Mrs. M.P. van Karnebeek-van Lede, lady in waiting of H.M. the Queen
Commissaris mr. D. Pijl, Head Service Royal ad Diplomatic Security
Luitenant-colonel vlieger E.P.L.M. Hermans, adjudant of H.M. the Queen

Any idea if Maxime Verhagen joined this visit, since he is out foreign minister....

Last edited:
I never looked at the matter in that light actually, but I suppose you are right indeed. I will have to look up the difference between white- and black tie though (though the expression is clear enough)

Anyway, i agree that HM looks good. Look here for a backview of the dress and in this picture you almost get to see the dress in full length.

--

HM takes quite a lot of staff btw, here a PPE picture with the higher gods. The caption says:

Any idea if Maxime Verhagen joined this visit, since he is out foreign minister....

Nah,Maxima Verhagen is in Suriname,on a two day official visit with J-P Balkenende.

Are those 'Maxima's' diamond stars that HM is wearing? Difficult to tell proably as there are two sets of them in the RF. One a gift of the Fuert and Fuerstin of Wied to Queen Wilhelmina but no idea where the other set comes from.

HM looked good during the day btw, esp the Orange outfit was nice. Did she wear a daisy pin in her hat?

Last edited:
I just read royalblog and HM apparently said to journalists that her agenda with state visits is already planned for the next two years, thus implying that she won' t be abdicating any time soon! :cheers:

www.royalblog.nl

--

HM made it to the various Estonian papers too. From GPD papers:

Bea in newspapers 1

Bea in newspapers 2

Eesti Paevaleth

Cover of Postimees, lovely outfit

--

And here a clip of the visit by Estonian television.

:bishop:..And amen to that!!Just a wee bit early to raise a glass,hence the bishop...

Tonight the NOS aires the State Visit to Estland at 18.28PM Ned2.
:flowers:

According to royalblog HM also visited ' skype' . But HM revealed that she does not even have a computer on her desk and that she is not too familiar with internet either. As there are so many people around her that do know how to use it all she doens' t feel the need to learn it either.

To contact her grandchildren she says she can use the telephone, though she later said that she might skip learning how to e-mail and start with skype immidiately.

Source: royalblog.nl

Last edited:
Her Majesty has returned in The Netherlands.

Some more on today;
(and don't forget the "News Summary" for your update in english)

Courtesy HJA.

See you next month with the State Visit to Lithuania.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom