Dutch State Visit to Slovakia: May 21-23, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, and goes she alone, or with her son and maby Maxima?? i hope this very match, but it shall not, or the baby goes with them!!!!

pien said:
Nice, and goes she alone, or with her son and maby Maxima?? i hope this very match, but it shall not, or the baby goes with them!!!!

The presence of the Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima hasn't been announced.

I thought that the Prince of Orange and his wife only accompanied HM when she paid state visits outside of Europe. During the state visits within Europe the Queen usually goes alone. They made an exception for Belgium where the Prince of Orange and his wife accompanied the Queen on the first day and where Prince Constantijn, her 2 Parma-nephews and the Duke of Parma participated the second day.

Marengo said:
I thought that the Prince of Orange and his wife only accompanied HM when she paid state visits outside of Europe. During the state visits within Europe the Queen usually goes alone. They made an exception for Belgium where the Prince of Orange and his wife accompanied the Queen on the first day and where Prince Constantijn, her 2 Parma-nephews and the Duke of Parma participated the second day.

Maybe because of Princess Ariane or they might announce it in the (near) future

State Visit to Slovakia

HM The Queen will start her state visit to the republic of Slovakia today.

I love that color blue on her. I just wish that she would find some shape for her hats that does not remind me of a tupperware food container. But the feathers on the back of the hat are great!

Simply adore the Queen's frock. Not so wild about the hat but I agree with Empress, the feathers redeem it.

I actually like the hat too. The colour looks nice on her and it is nice to see that she is wearing a brooch that she received from her daughter-in-law (Maxima). But ok, the grey suit and hat look more elegant IMHO.
-

Now I am wondering if she will be wearing a tiara tonight. She did wear one in Latvia, so who knows.

To be honest, I do not really mind this particular hat. It suits the dress, but so many of her hats are this shape, and other shapes that match food containers, that I just wish that she would try something new.

Tiara??? Nice. I hope so as well.

Now that hat I really like. Although, if you look closely it is very similar to other hats that she has worn often, as well as still looking a bit like a container. But this one is really beautiful. I love the color. I wonder how much luggage she needs to bring on a trip like this? I have a feeling that she will wear a tiara. This is looking to be a very formal visit.

Q.Beatrix looks good today, i like the choices of the two outfits i also like the silver hat and the black hat though its a bit too square/round.I'd like to see her one day with a new style hat.perhaps thes hats are her trademark, who knows... Does anyone know what the programme is?

The silver outfit is perfect and the hat is very elegant and chic.

I love both outfits. An she is really full of energy.
Today I read in a dutch online newspaper, that it is not likely that she will abdicate soon, because she is going to visit the new eu-countries. I dont like these discussions.

I curious what kind of thiara she is wearing tonight!

I'm sorry, no tiara pictures yet. ;) But here are some more pictures from Getty, with more views of the Silver outfit. I like the hat more and more. :)

Gallery of pictures from getty

ANP has tiarapictures ;)

She wears that tiara which can be altered, with pearls, the one Máxima, Laurentien and Margriet (without pearls??) wore..

BeatrixFan said:
The silver outfit is perfect and the hat is very elegant and chic.

I think she's always elegant and chic. No matter what she's wearing, she has a lot of elegance. :flowers:

State banquet,Bratislava last night:

PPE Agency

courtesy PPE/v/d Werf.

(it's the base of the emarald tiara,with a full diamond setting and pearl drops)

ahtikavalentine said:
I think she's always elegant and chic. No matter what she's wearing, she has a lot of elegance. :flowers:

Did you see that red dress from the state banquet with the red sack over it? ;)

Jo of Palatine said:
Did you see that red dress from the state banquet with the red sack over it? ;)

I just love that dress on Queen Beatrix but i woud like another hairstyle on her :lol:

I wonder who on earth ever brought HM on the idea of wearing dresses with some extra draperies around them. She seems to be quite fond of them but they aren't very flattering, to say the least.
The red dress is at least 13 years old btw, it was worn at the state visit to Austria and to the pre-wedding ball of Infanta Elena and Don Jaime.
-
A surprise to see this tiara on HM, but I am glad she is wearing a tiara to begin with. It is the first time that she wears this version of the emerald tiara, luckily with the smaller drop pearls.

I don't know, I liked the dress. Had any other Royal Lady (with the exception ofperhaps Princess Laurentien) wore anything like it, I don't think I would like it but Queen Beatrix can get away with anything - I thought she looked lovely.

Dutch Queen Beatrix is seen during her walking in Bratislava downtown, Slovakia, on 22 May 2007.
The Queen of the Netherlands is in Slovakia on a three-day official visit.

Pictures:
Queen Beatrix
Queen Beatrix surrounded by the Media
Queen Beatrix and Bratislava´s Mayor Andrej Durkovsky
Queen Beatrix and Bratislava´s Mayor Andrej Durkovsky 2

Gallery of Pictures from Isifa

Nice hat. Though it looks like she wears two of them at the same time - a black one perched on the top of the yellow one. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom