Dutch State Visit to Latvia: May 22-24, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marengo said:
I read in the newspaper that the last visit of the Queen lasted half an hour longer then planned. When she rove away the Queen noticed a remembrance statue for the people who were lost at sea. The Queen decided to get outr of the car and lay her bouquet of flowers at the feet of the monument. The president was moved by this gesture as her father was lost in the sea.
oh that's a really lovely gesture.:) where did you hear that?
I think the Queen is always so interested in everythink and very understanding. She knows how to behave the right way. :)

It was in an article in 'De Telegraaf'.
She is always like that. i remember that during the statevisit to Thailand she joined her master of the ceremonies, Mr Gilbert Monod de Froideville and they visited a graveyard for victims of the Japanese. The father of Mr Monod de Froideville was burried there as well.

Jess, These high resolution photos without watermarks are wonderful! Great for the occasional sketching I do! Thank you so much.

you have again a very nice picture of our queen ,purple-platinum !! thanks.

Queen Beatrix is such a sweet and fantastic woman..Dutch people are lucky of having her as their Queen :rolleyes:

wonderful picture Purple_platinum! :)
she looked really beautiful during this visit! so full of life and joy :)

Adry said:
Queen Beatrix is such a sweet and fantastic woman..Dutch people are lucky of having her as their Queen :rolleyes:

I'll second that!

Thanks Purple Platinum! That is such a fabulous picture of the Queen. My favourite from the trip!

Yes, it's a very beautiful tiara, although I don't like the dress very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom