Schedule of the visit (from www.koninklijkhuis.nl
) in a very bad translation (by Maxie):
Monday 22th of May: Riga
- Arrival at the airport of Riga.
- Welcome at the presedential palace
- Official picture, signing of the guestbook, followed by a tête-à-tête
- Ceremony at the monument of Freedom
- Visit to the chairman of the Saeima (parlement)
- Visit to the town hall for a presentation on city development
- Visit to the museum of Occupation
- State banquet, offered by the president in Melngalvju nam (Blackheads House)
Tuesday 23th of May: Riga
- Presentation by member of the Latvian Centre for Human Rights and Ethnic Studies
- Visit to the University of Latvia for a presentation on the Human Development Report and handig-over of a book about the bilateral relations between the Netherlands and Latvia.
- Theme related lunch with presentation by the members of the Strategic Analysis Commision with as main theme the reintegration in Europe.
- City walk through the old part of Riga with a visit to the cathedral
- Reception of the Dutch community in Riga
- Concert of the Concertgebouw Orechestra, offered by the Queen to the Latvian authorities.
Wednesday 24th of May: Liepaja
-Arrival at the airport of Liepaja.
-Tour trough Karosta, a area with detoriated villas from the 19th century and partly detoriated flats from the Soviet era.
-Briefing about the economical and planological develepments of the city.
-Tour through the harbour.
-Walk through the centre of Liepaja.
-Concert in the Liepaja Latvian Society House
-Visit to the Holy Trinity church
-Depart at the airport of Liepaja