Queen Louise of Denmark (1817-1898)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maria Feodorovna really took after her mother.

Since they both seem to have dark hair, though, I wonder where the reddish hair Alexandra and some of other their other descendants have came from?

Louise and her husband King Christian had a very good looking family I think.

Louise and her husband King Christian had a very good looking family I think.

Christian IX and Louise with family in 1883
1024px-Christian_IX_of_Denmark_with_family_%28Tuxen%29.jpg

Christian IX and Louise with family in 1883

Isn't it funny how George V was missing from this? And goodness, I just noticed there's a dog on the floor.

Last edited:
Isn't it funny how George V was missing from this? And goodness, I just noticed there's a dog on the floor.

I've actually also just spotted the dog in the portrait too!

I've actually also just spotted the dog in the portrait too!

Given it's the royals and the wacky fun-loving Glucksborg clan in particular, perhaps it's surprising there's only one. Alexandra seems to have matched the late Queen in keeping a pack of them with her at home.

Given it's the royals and the wacky fun-loving Glucksborg clan in particular, perhaps it's surprising there's only one. Alexandra seems to have matched the late Queen in keeping a pack of them with her at home.

It may been just added in as the dog is almost hidden away and only for your eagle eye ;)

At least two of them, the Queen and Thyra, appear to not want their photos taken. (Strange mouth Prss Thyra had in several portraits.)

Back
Top Bottom