The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-28-2011, 10:22 AM
Courtier

Yes, Carl's father was Ingrid's brother.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Serene Highness

Yeah, and I think he had just visited his sister in Denmark, when he ended up in the accident, that ended his life.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furienna View Post
Yeah, and I think he had just visited his sister in Denmark, when he ended up in the accident, that ended his life.
If it makes any difference : Prince Gustaf Adolf was en route from the Netherlands to Stockholm when the plane crashed on take off after a stop in Copenhagen. The reason: While on the ground the aircraft rudder was routinely blocked with a device to prevent it from moving in the wind. Unfortunately they forgot to remove the block before take off leaving the aircraft unable to manoeuvre. Sad story.

Viv
Old 04-02-2011, 02:29 AM
Serene Highness

I know. But I'm sure I've read somewhere, that he also had visited his sister during his short stay in Copenhagen.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:35 PM
Gentry

queen ingrid was great. my grandmother has met her and they have talked. she said she was so kind and down to earth and also intelligent and very regal. she had class.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Are there any pictures of her wedding?It's very hard to find.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:40 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

You can see some pictures in the thread devoted to Ingrid and Frederik IX's wedding.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:26 AM
Royal Highness

It´s great to have an opportunity to read and look at pictures of beloved Queen Ingrid. I´m sure that her Mother´s death at such a young age, increased her love as a mother and grandmother as well as a sense of how important family life is.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:37 AM
Aristocracy

how was the death of king frederick?
Old 08-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Courtier

LIFE visits The Danish Royal Family (1951)
King's daugthers keep the palace lively
Article and pics: LIFE - Google Books
Old 08-15-2011, 04:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymaxima View Post
how was the death of king frederick?
If I remember correctly: It was a cold or flu which developed into pneumonia. This was aggravated by HM's socalled 'smoker's lungs'. (There's a name for this illness today; I'm not sure it was the case in 1972.)

viv
Old 11-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Commoner

Can someone tell me what the relationship between Q Ingrid and K Olav V of Norway was?
Old 11-17-2012, 07:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by teia View Post
Can someone tell me what the relationship between Q Ingrid and K Olav V of Norway was?
Hi Teia!
If you mean: how where they related?
They were both related to Queen Victoria!
As a Swedish princess to begin with, Ingrid was the offspring of a combination of the Swedish Bernadottes ( French, Dutch and German royal blood) and the British-German Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (Queen Victoria -Prince Arthur of Connaught- Princess Margaretha of Sweden)

As a Norwegian Prince, Olav - born Prince Alexander of Denmark in 1903 - was a descendant of the Danish King Christian IX (reigned 1863-1906) and of Queen Victoria of GB (his mother was British-born Princess Maud, the daugther of King Edward 7. and his Danish born consort Alexandra).
Olav is accordingly a combination of the Danish Glücksburgs and the British Saxe-Coburg-Gothas, but as you see Olav descended from the Danish Glücksburgs from both parents!

Thus King Olav and Queen Ingrid share common ancestors in Queen Victoria & Prince Albert of GB, they are both her great grand children.
However I'm convinced that on close inspection you'll find a common ancestor in Germany!

viv
Old 08-24-2013, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I was looking at photos on Google Images of Queen Ingrid and found this lovely photo of her with Prince Nikolai and Count Richard on the occasion of her 90th birthday:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/ce150b8b0...yr7eo1_500.jpg

And whilst I was looking at photos of Ingrid, I came across these:
A young Ingrid looking at a fish bowl ~ Baby Ingrid and her mother, Princess Margaret of Connaught ~ Ingrid with her daughter Princess Margarethe ~ Another one of Queen Ingrid

I think Queen Ingrid looked quite glamorous in her younger days. In her childhood photos, I see some resemblance between her, CP Frederik and Princess Isabella.

"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my TRF group about British Royal Children!

Tags
queen ingrid