The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Danish Royal History

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-26-2011, 09:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
It was known to everyone that they had a "romantic" relationship. Even Maria Bonaparte, Princess George understood it! She often wrote that when Prince George was with Uncle Valdemar, they both seem radiant! and when they had to separate (Prince George should go back to Greece), it was every year dramatical!

Personally I found disgusting! When they started Prince George was 16y old and Valdemar's nephew!! Valdemar was 11 years older. Consequently it was an incestious, and pedophilic action! between an man and a young boy!
In most places a 16 yr old would be of the age of consent. We also don't know at what time the relationship moved from emotional to sexual. We don't know for sure if it ever did become sexual, so calling Valdemar an incestuous pedophile is a pretty extreme claim.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:13 PM
Serene Highness

Anyone know anything about Prince Mario Max Leppe? What is he all about? I was just wondering since I saw him on this program the other day looking for his perfect match. Millionaire Matchmaker is not where I would have expected to see a prince. Was he serious? His father is Prince Valdemar or Waldemar. Can anyone give me some insight?

Old 09-06-2011, 12:03 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Prince Mario Max's stepfather/adoptive father is Prince Waldemar of Schaumburg-Lippe, the son of Princes Feodora of Denmark (daughter of Frederik VIII).

There is more information about Mario Max's comings and goings in the Princely House of Schaumburg-Lippe thread, located in the German forum.

He is not blood/closely related to the Prince Valdemar that this thread is about though. Valdemar was his stepfather/adoptive father's mother's uncle.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Valdemar was still invited at the France /Orléans weddings. There is a narrow relationship between his children and Princess Chantal de S de S youngest girl of the Comte and the Comtesse de Paris.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Michel of Bourbon Parme sold letters of Marie de Guise, Princess Valdemar of Denmark to her relatives (Royal families from GB, Russia , Greece, Denmark etc..) and also pictures (part of her 4000)

The Auction was on Monday 28 th of April at Drouot/Paris the whole day.

Prince Michel's Children did not know about and went to Court to avoid that this historical letters would be sold to customers all around the world.

Half of the letters are cancelled and will be unsold. The Auction is only in the afternoon. (half day)
I have the very interesting catalogue .

Thanks to the young Generation of Bourbon Parme !

No interest in real royal letters with their Royal Monograms and great handwriting ?.
Queen Alexandra of GB , Tsarina of Russia and others wrote in French.

Prince Michel is Princess Magrethe of Denmark's Son, and Princess Marie's Grandson as
She married Prince René of Boubon Parme.
He sold 3000 letters and 4000 pictures of his Grandmother in an Auction next Monday.
The Auction is shortened , I have the Catalogue and am wondering to see which items her great grandchildren refused to be sold.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:26 PM
Serene Highness

Royal Musings: Princess Waldemar of Denmark dead

Only started reading up on thus couple when this thread appeared on the royal forums portal-feed: they were a very....colorful... couple..
Old 04-26-2014, 04:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Some part of her letters are printed and in letters to Prince Valdemar she asked for forgiveness ...
Thanks Lee Z for your post.

Great lost for the Commissaire Priseur Coutau Begarie. The pictures albums were evaluated 10.000 between 15.000 euros each.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
In most places a 16 yr old would be of the age of consent. We also don't know at what time the relationship moved from emotional to sexual. We don't know for sure if it ever did become sexual, so calling Valdemar an incestuous pedophile is a pretty extreme claim.
I'sorry but i do not think that 16 y old, at this period in Europe, it was the age of consent, and even if it was, matter could not be applied in such a close family relation, i.e. between an uncle and his nephew! It was his brother's kid!
Old 04-28-2014, 04:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I'sorry but i do not think that 16 y old, at this period in Europe, it was the age of consent, and even if it was, matter could not be applied in such a close family relation, i.e. between an uncle and his nephew! It was his brother's kid!
Actually at the time all homosexual relationships were illegal. Age of consent between hetersexual relations didnt exist in some countries and in those that it did it may have been as young as twelve. Also there are several examples of uncle niece marriages hopefully you judge them the same way.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Among the cancelled letters they were very private letters from Princess Marie to Prince Valdemar. Pathetic . Princess Marie of Greece also knew nothing about this relationship. I wrote her book, she knew it when she was pregnant!

I have the Coutau Begarie 's catalogue . His Expert Cyrille Boulay scanned a lot of her letters from and to Royals of that time with the nickname Sacha, Nicky, Alix, Minny (Dagmar) Amama, Apapa, Bertie and May, Gorggy( friend of Valdemar). Great Work !

Shame on Prince Michel de Bourbon Parme who said nothing to his Children.

This Auction of to day, who should have been very important ,lost +/-300 items.
I made an order for two small "miniatures" I don't know if I will have it.
It is for to-morrow ,
Old 04-28-2014, 11:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearghas View Post

Actually at the time all homosexual relationships were illegal. Age of consent between hetersexual relations didnt exist in some countries and in those that it did it may have been as young as twelve. Also there are several examples of uncle niece marriages hopefully you judge them the same way.
Of course. My judgement is based to the two facts i do not agree for, i.e close family relation and young age of one of the pair (actually if they were both sixteen, would be slightly more acceptable for me, than 28 to 16y). The "same sexe" matter does not interfere at all. An 28 y old aunt with her 16 nephew, or the opposite is also very bad for me.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Fandesacs, I am surprised with your threads.
What happens here was normal for royals at that time. They had to have Children.
They are a of of bi-sexuals among the royals of the past.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Fandesacs, I am surprised with your threads.
What happens here was normal for royals at that time. They had to have Children.
They are a of of bi-sexuals among the royals of the past.
My dear you completely misunderstood my words. I really do not care or judge that Pcs Valdemar + Pcs George had an homosexual relation. I just disapprove that a 28 years person had a sexual relation with the 16 years old, kid of his sibling!!! Heterosexual or Homosexeual it does not make any difference. It was an adult with a kid, his own brother's kid.

Just put into actual years, and think about Pcs Albert of Monaco having a relationship with Charlotte Casiraghi when she was 16!!
Or Pcs Edward, duke of Wessex with Pcs Harry when he was 16!
I do not think that even now in our modern societies it could appear normal.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for correcting .Kind regards MO
Old 04-29-2014, 11:13 PM
Courtier

Fair enough, I do understand your arguement re the closeness of kin. However remember that it was commonplace back then for what we call young girls sixteen and up to be married off to much older men. Especially if there was an inheritance involved. I
Quote:
Of course. My judgement is based to the two facts i do not agree for, i.e close family relation and young age of one of the pair (actually if they were both sixteen, would be slightly more acceptable for me, than 28 to 16y). The "same sexe" matter does not interfere at all. An 28 y old aunt with her 16 nephew, or the opposite is also very bad for me.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Their relationship was known and Prince Valdemar was not banned .
He was a popular guest to very important events. See picture in this thread where he is a Widow.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:03 PM
Serene Highness

What strikes me most in the story of the relationship of these people was that it seemed to me that P.George got a really big shock (if not to say trauma) from his father/parents leaving him alone.
He must have had a real difficult time after that to develop his own personality and became really dependent on his uncle, even after his marriage (and even involving his wife in a threesome)...
Old 06-19-2014, 08:57 PM
Royal Highness

At the time of Prince Valdemar's marriage to Princess Marie of Orleans, it was decided that any sons would be brought up in Valdemar's Lutheran faith.

Was it stipulated that any sons of Prince Valdemar would be in the line of succession to the Danish throne?
Old 06-19-2014, 10:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

All four sons were in the line of succession to the Danish throne from they were born. However, of all the brothers, only Axel retained his place after his marriage – Aage, Erik and Viggo either married commoners or without the king's permission and automatically renounced their rights to the throne.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

But even Prince Prince Axel Sons :
Georg remained Prince because she married a divorcee who was cousin of the Queen Mother of England - no Children
Fleming married a commoner and lost his title of Prince, had Children who sold a lot of their family items. I bought one in Drouot Paris a few years ago.