Princess Alia & Family: News and Pictures Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rollin_keef

Commoner
did P Alia bint Hussein see much of her mum during her childhood? ive heard she was brought up by Q Zein

I too had the impression that she grew up with her aunt Basma and uncle Hassan... there are photos of the three of them as children with QZein in Switzerland on PHassan's website...

P. Alia is an internationally recognised expert on Arab Horses and is often travelling to judge horse shows all over the world. She also runs the Royal Stud in Jordan. She is perhaps not so well known outside Jordan because she is like P. Basma and P.Sarvath . They all do a lot of work but they are the older style of JRF ladies who were private. It was Q. Noor who introduced the press into the day to day life of the JRF and also it was her who started the more glamourous life style. The younger members of the family have all gone on her example. P. Alia lived with P. Hassan and P. Basma as their sister after her mother and father divorced, and is more of their age then of the age of her brothers and sisters. She is married twice.

Hussein Mirza the son of Princess Alia is a prince. He was was the first grandson of His late Majesty King Hussein, so his grandfathter made a special exception and gave him the title of prince. He is studying in the U.S. and is almost a year younger then prince Hamza.
As for Princess Alia she is as Shelly pointed out a private lady who has worked hard and helped many people. She is a very down to earth, kind lady. I also agree with Shelly that both Princess Basmah and Princess Sarvath have also worked very hard but unfortunately never get credit for what they have done. To be honest they do it because they believe in it and come from a generation where that attitude was perhaps more prevalent then now.

HRH Princess Alia Bint Al-Hussein is the daughter of HLM King Hussein and HRH Princess Dina Al-Hussein (formerly HM Queen Dina).

HH Prince Hussein Mirza is the son of Princess Alia and her first husband Nasser Mirza. He IS indeed a Prince. Though, he isn't a Prince "of" anything he is still no less a Prince.

I have conflicting information that Nasser (or his father) was also created a Prince. This creation being unrelated to his marriage to Princess Alia being related to his services to Jordan.

Some time ago one of his childhood nannies posted stories of her services in Jordan to Prince Hussein to another group. He is quite a nice man who's Arabic (like the rest of the family) was practically non-existant. He was also not treated as well as his younger brother by Alia's staff and her new husband. He was/is very close to his uncle Prince Ali.

I was under the impression that he was living in London not the US.

I'm confused. What entitles a person to be a prince or a princess? I thought at least one parent had to be a prince or princess? If not, pardon my ignorance.

Depends on the country really. Basically by birth, marriage or decree.

In Jordan, which is where we are speaking of, you have to be the legitimate decendant of a King of Jordan or Iraq in the male line. There is no limit to the number of generations the titles are carried. Female spouses and ex-wives are also HRH Princess.

Prince Hussein Mirza is a Prince by Royal Decree of His Late Majesty King Hussein bint Talal. Without this decree he would have merely been Hussein Mirza because he is the decendant of a female Hashemite.

King Hussein also created numerous other non-royal princes by decree for their service to Jordan. Quite a few of the lesser Hashemites are also styled HH Prince. All the Hashemites are at least Sharif/Sharifa being decendants of the Holy Prophet in the direct line.

I am new to this list
I think I am the person you were talking about that was Prince Husseins Nanny
I worked for Alia for close to a year up until she gave birth to Talal [I think she has another son now with Mohamed too] Hussien was really a lovley little boy I was there when he was 7/8 ish --I still think off him as he was so quite but really sweet
I enjoyed looking after him --but not all the rubish that came with it ---I eventually left as I spoke too much to Nasser [only because of his concern for his son] hubby 2 was'nt crazy about that !!!!
When I left --hubby 1 Nasser sent me lovley pixs of Hussein ---I would post some here if I knew how too [???]
I offen think of Hussein ----And would love know were he is now --he must now be one very handsome young man in his early 20's ----While I worked for Alia ---we lived next door to Muna [what a lovley lady !!!!!] both being Brits I found her very easy to get along with
I used to see King Hussein at least once at week or more eiether at Nadwa or when he visIted Hussein [Hussein was at the time the only Grandchild and adored by HM ]
He was such a lovley gentleman and so kind ----I always just called him Grandad and I think he liked that as everyone else called him HM
Other Royals I really found to be really freindly were Abir and Aisha also though I did'nt see him alot the now King Abdullah was a blast [he was Abe then ]
Another frequent visitor was Dina [Alia's Mum] and First wife of King Hussein
She was such a lady and I enjoyed chatting with her a lot --she even used to bring me choclate from Egypt were she lived
All in all Folk are folk some more freindly than others --but I do think of Hussien --I thought he was in England but I could be wrong -- ---maybe I'll have to find out ??????
I would love to know what he up to now !!!!!!!
I wonder if Dina would remeber me --she was such a darling lady
I'll have to see what I can find out
If hussein ever reads this --I dunno if you;d remeber me but I;d never forget you
Janice

Last edited by a moderator:
really??

hi nannyjanny,

are you serious?? you really used to work for the JRF? how do i/we know you are not lying? sorry i don't mean to be harsh, its just that is really to fake an identity on forums such as this. :eek: :)

Hi Bubbles
I joined this forum so maybe I could find out where or how Hussein is
I am not a Fake !!!!
You can believe me if you want or not .....
I was a Nanny for a long time before I got married now I am a Mum and am at home with my own kids [two adorable girls...] I am British and live near Chicago USA
It has been a few years since I was in Jordan late 1980's but an experience I'll never forget
While there I got to think of the Family as 'normal' folks as they are some easier to get along with than others --I knew Ali as a kid who used to play with Hussein
I could tell you all some INTERESTING stuff but --since you kind of don't beleive me [????]
Also I would'nt say bad things as they were still a Family ........
My Boss was Alia so I was'nt with the main Royals
I got to meet King Hussein on my 3rd day in Jordan --I went with Hussein to Nadwa --so he could play with Hamzah and Hashem while there --I got introduced to King Hussein --I almost fell off my chair as he was just so genuine and nice [once we got back to were we lived I even had to call my Mum in England to tell her !!!!]
You might ask how did I get the job ????
Well I was registered with several Nanny Agencys in London [I was temping there at the time] when this job came up ---my agencys called me and asked if I'd be interested in a Nanny job in Jorden well to be honest at the time I was;'nt interested
But my agency told me to meet the people and see =well my contact was Zein [sis of Alia daugter of Muna sis of now K Abdullah]
When I went to the interview I ended up meeting and chatting with Alia and Mohammed [Majdia and Mohammed are brothers you do know that ?]
Zein and Majdia [they were'nt married yet] supriseingly interviewing with 4 folks did'nt bother me at all .....
I was offered the job and decided to take it as it seemed to be somthing diffrent ---Only then did I get a book on Jordan and find out who these folks were......................
I never actaully meet Nasser Husseins Dad [don't think he was a Prince]
But we spoke on the phone quite a bit as he adored his son and always asked me what he should and should'nt feed him [?}
He was very concerned for his son
My parents were divorced so I really felt for him as he was trying very hard ............
Before me Hussein had a Nanny called Mrs Griggs she adored Hussein she was also Alia's Nanny when she lived by Queen Zein the old Queen -I never met the old Queen but everyone told me she was tough ..............................
I left about the time Talal came along the presure was getting on my nerves ---even toughter on Hussein I'd say --Alia hired a Jordanian Nurse to help with the Baby [like I could'nt da !!!!]
The girl wanted my job and I could'nt stand her --boy she kissed up like crazy --something I would'nt do and also I was chatting with Nasser re his son and I think Mohammed did'nt like that [poor dear ................]
So I just realy had enough of it --wish I really spoke up --but you got to remeber who they are ....................................................................[say no more]
I offen think of hussein a sweet quite and lonley little boy I hope he is happy in his life now --He deserves it !!!
Janice

nannyjanny,

that was an interesting story on how you got the job. can't believe you almost turned it down!!!! sounded like a tough(yet enjoyable) job, being a nanny.
its funny how you didn't know who they(Zein & others) were until u got :)

I have some pixs of Hussein back when he was probebly 10 or so
In uniform pix I was sent by his Dad Nasser Mirza
He is also sitting on a Horse --wondering if he is 'into Horses' as his Mum Alia was always trying to turn him into a horsey kind of little guy and he was never interested
Don;t know how to send pixs here [????] can anyone help me ??
Janice

Also have pix when he was a tot --like 3 very cute

So Mohammad Al Salih, Alias second husband did not treat Prince Hussein properly??

tell us the story please, nanny.

Well Suez
Lets put it this way !!!
Mohammed [ok you probebly figured I was'nt TOO fond of him]
Wanted Alia all to himself and as a 'New' member of the Family wanted to try and 'thow' his weight around regardeless ...................................
He was very false !
And to him I think Hussein was the son of Nasser [they don't get along -to put it mildly.........]
Did ya know what Mohammed used to do before he married Alia --bet ya don't ???
When I had just had enough and was ready to leave and told Alia --instead of asking me what bothered me and poss working it out
He came into my room offered me 4 weeks pay [in lea of the notice I did intend to give] and asked me when they could book my ticket for .............just threw me away like garbage ...........................so cold not even Alia talked to me
All because poss I became too involved and did talk to Nasser re his darling son sweet son my little Hussein
Mohammed wanted to be the boss [a machoismo thing!] and everyone knew that --it wore me out and I thought I was there for Hussein .for his care and well being
If anyone reads this that knows Mohammed -- I DID'NT like the man !!!!
His Brother Madji [can't spell it ?] seemed pretty ok [Zein's hubby]
But I could never get comfy with her eiether .
I am trying to find out how and the wearabouts of Hussein right now
Janice

what did mohammad do before marrying Alia?

Did he treat Alia better than Nasser did?

Ok I don;t want to step on anyones toes incase any royals ever read this [???]
But I was going over one of the letters I recieved from Nasser after I left --[he sent me pixs of Hussein ] and private info I don't think would be respectfull of him if I shared
But what I can say is this ...............
He did tell me --Mohammed used to clean the Officers Mess [???] then was promoted to Groom [??????????]
-hense poss how he met Alia another Horsey person ?
Mohammed seems to have been a 'commoner'
No wonder he was so 'bossy' when he married her
Not saying ever commoner is bossy --I'm a commoner and pretty ok as are most regualr folk --but this is'nt a regular family eiether ....................
Just wondering too -if the family produce so many children with titles and the taxes foot the bill is'nt the country going to end up in total poverty with a zillion royals???????????????
That does'nt seem right .

Princess Alia bint alhusain in the europe competetion of Arabic horses in Beljium taking part in crowning the Jordanian Horse "halayel Ramadan" .

Very beautiful horse:) .

algad newspaper

Attachments

• Alia horses.JPG
    Alia horses.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,242
Princess Alia bint al Hussein

Alia bint Hussein is the eldest daughter by KH and Princess Dina, his first wife, she was only 1 year old when KH divorced her mother and she stayed in Jordan with her father , while her mum, who was from Egypt, stayed in Egypt and could not meet her daughter for about 5 years til Princess Muna talked KH to let Alia meet her mother again, they are very close ,now, don't know if Princess Dina still lives in Egypt or in Jordan with her daughter and her family.

tipper said:
Alia bint Hussein is the eldest daughter by KH and Princess Dina, his first wife, she was only 1 year old when KH divorced her mother and she stayed in Jordan with her father , while her mum, who was from Egypt, stayed in Egypt and could not meet her daughter for about 5 years til Princess Muna talked KH to let Alia meet her mother again, they are very close ,now, don't know if Princess Dina still lives in Egypt or in Jordan with her daughter and her family.
More info besides tippers' tips!:
) H.R.H. Princess 'Alia bint Hussein. b. at Amman, 13th February 1956 (d/o Princess Dina). Dir. The Royal Jordanian State Stud. Hon. Presdt. University of Jordan Alumni Club (UJAC), and Jordan Meningitis Foundation (JMF) since 1995, Presdt. Royal Jordanian Equestrian Fedn., Hon. Governor Arab Horse Soc., etc. Rcvd: the GC of the Orders of the Star of Jordan, Isabella the Catholic of Spain (21.10.1999), the Norwegian Order of Merit (4.4.2000), etc. m. (first) at Amman, 12th April 1977 (div.1983) Sayyid Nasser Mirza (b. 1951), son of H.E. Sayyid Wasfi Mirza, sometime Minister of State. m. (second) at Amman, 30th July 1988, Sayyid Mohammed Al-Saleh, rcvd: GC of the Norwegian Order of Merit (4.4.2000), elder son of Sayyid Farid Al-Saleh. She has issue, one son by her first husband, and two sons by her second:
  • a) H.H. Prince Hussein Mirza. b. at Amman, 12th February 1981.
  • b) Talal al-Saleh. b. 12th September 1989.
  • c) Abdul Hamid al-Saleh. b. 15th November 1991.
She is called al saleh b'coz of her husband,it's his surname.She is a nice lady,blue eyed,looks alot like her mom.I've seen an interview with Queen Dina,days after the late king died on ART channel,Alia shares same face features with her but she has a Jordanian accent while her mom has Egyptian accent.She's so humble,I've seen interviews with Alia,she'd answer to the calls in a very humble,down to earth way.She considers Prince Hassan and Princess Basma "friends" more than an uncle and an aunt because there's not much age difference between them.
Her son,Prince Hussein is a charming young man,got his title though he shouldn't coz he was KH's firt grandchild and named after him.He's fair and blonde,a bit like Prince Hashim.There's an onld thread where his nany talks about him,search for it and read it,useful info there.The two sons where named after her grandfathers,late King Talal and the late Sharif Abdul Hamid.
I posted 2 pics I found in a quick search but you'll find ones in the agencies,here in this thread there are photos of her when she was a child with here mom.

Attachments

• aliahhu.jpg
    aliahhu.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 3,898
  • aliahu2.jpg
    aliahu2.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 5,104
Jorja Fox said:
More info besides tippers' tips!:
She's an amazing wmen,Ive seen an interview with er in "goodmorning Jordan"(yes3ed saba7ak) back in 2000 or so,she was sooo humble and sweet.
Um is it true she graduated from Jordan University?

Princess Alia in Bordeaux, France - May 6, 2005
from Fotomarktplatz

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 2,594
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 834
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 441
Princess Alia bint al Hussein

Princess alia was born in amman 13th of february 1956 .She is the eldest doughter of the late king hussein bin talal and his first wife Queen Dina (dina bint abd alhamid).Iwant to know more about her....her life.....her husdand ....and her children ...2 days ago isaw her on mbc1 with prince alhassan ... iwant to know more about her relationshep with her brothers and isters.

reeda2000 said:
Princess alia was born in amman 13th of february 1956 .She is the eldest doughter of the late king hussein bin talal and his first wife Queen Dina (dina bint abd alhamid).Iwant to know more about her....her life.....her husdand ....and her children ...2 days ago isaw her on mbc1 with prince alhassan ... iwant to know more about her relationshep with her brothers and isters.

Wasn't she great on that interview. Well,I know she's very kind and caring,she's holding a degree in English Literature , and I also know she's close to everyone and she's also very close to Prince Hassan. but u can know more about her from King hussein's official website.

lil Monkey said:
Wasn't she great on that interview. Well,I know she's very kind and caring,she's holding a degree in English Literature , and I also know she's close to everyone and she's also very close to Prince Hassan. but u can know more about her from King hussein's official website.

Several months ago, P. Alia gave an interview in a Kuwaiti newspaper in which she was asked about P. Hassan, and her relationship with him and the whole succession issue. She said he was like a brother to her, but even more important, she said she knows for a fact that he offered to hand over the post of crown prince to his nephew two times. Once when he turned eighteen and once when he was about thirty, and each time the offer was turned down by K.Hussein, on the grounds that Jordan and the Hashemite family needed P.Hassan. This was all reported in the now closed ARF. I wish I could remember the name of the newspaper. They gave it at the time.

Wow, that is great Reeda. Do you have it handy ? Can you give an synopsis of what it said here ? It would back up the translation lil Monkey did of the last interview. I have just gone on line and the MBC interview is being broadcast tomorrow 5 pm Amman time again. I am going to try and catch it because I have been told that there is a lot of good film footage and you see a lot of the man relaxing etc. which gives a little seen and different perpespective on him, and that it is worth watching without knowing Arabic ! :)

PAlia Al Hussein Al-Saleh judge at the International Arabian Horse show
4th from the left

Photos from arabianlines.com

Attachments

• Judges.jpg
    Judges.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 641
I guess that Queen Dina was teh only ex wife of king Hussein who remarried . She married a Palestenian Fedaiee" palestenian Guerella man- a fighter ya3ni" called Salah Al -Tamari. My uncle and his wife met her several times in London and my cousin was named Dina after her:).

I saw a photo for Hussein Mirza when he was a child in a magazine in my aunt house in Abu Dhabi in the late 80's , his father is cercasian and he was blonde...

I saw princess Alia once with princess Haya in dubai she seemed very close to princess Haya .

They both like the horses, the ride.

Back
Top Bottom