The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah's Brothers

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 02-11-2004, 06:20 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 72
But their grandfathers were only half brothers so it does make the blood relationship less close than it would seem otherwise...
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-12-2004, 04:27 AM
Banadoora's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 266
Where is P Noor's mother from?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-12-2004, 06:01 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 72
and nour's ma is iranian
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-28-2004, 12:59 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 48
I was always under the impression that Princess Noor's mother is Spanish and not Persian. Hence she was invited to the Spanish wedding and Princess Noor wore a Spanish style veil at her wedding.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-28-2004, 01:17 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 516
princess noor's mother is iranian and lived with her daughter after her divorce in spain for quite some time.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-11-2004, 10:59 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 17
I heard that Princess Noor is half Persian, do you think that will be a problem for her later on.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-12-2004, 02:51 AM
Banadoora's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by sksk
I heard that Princess Noor is half Persian, do you think that will be a problem for her later on.
Well no. Her being a Hashemite is very much in favour.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-12-2004, 12:20 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 17
I agree with you that her being a Hashemite is in her favor but she still is half persian. I'm wondering if she speaks Farsi. SHe speaks Arabic right?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-13-2004, 03:44 AM
Banadoora's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by sksk
I agree with you that her being a Hashemite is in her favor but she still is half persian. I'm wondering if she speaks Farsi. SHe speaks Arabic right?
I don't think that her being half Persian matters. But even so, her mother comes from an aristocratic Iranian family.

I'm sure that her Arabic is very good. She probably speaks Farsi well. And since she lived in Spain for so long, I'm sure that she speaks very good Spanish. I wonder how many languages she knows.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-13-2004, 01:29 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 17
I wonder if she is more Jordanian or Persian.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 08-13-2004, 03:31 PM
Amoula's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by sksk
I wonder if she is more Jordanian or Persian.
Probably Jordanian.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-02-2004, 01:11 AM
tipper's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Napoli, Italy
Posts: 236
Cool P Noor's father

:) :p
I just read that P Nayef bin Abdullah fled to Spain 1 year after KH ascended to the throne 'cos he had been deprived of the crown by his nephew, can any1 tell me why the article reads- deprived of the crown- I suppose the only King Talal' successor was to be his own and only son.....was Noor Hamzah born in Spain, as her family lived there since 1954 ? I'm so confused.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-02-2004, 01:15 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipper
:) :p
I just read that P Nayef bin Abdullah fled to Spain 1 year after KH ascended to the throne 'cos he had been deprived of the crown by his nephew, can any1 tell me why the article reads- deprived of the crown- I suppose the only King Talal' successor was to be his own and only son.....was Noor Hamzah born in Spain, as her family lived there since 1954 ? I'm so confused.
P. Nayef went into voluntary exile in Spain when his attempts to get his brother's claim to the throne invalidated due to his poor health, came to naught.
But he was not banned from living in Jordan, just chose not too. Noor and her sisters moved to Spain upon their parents' divorce, as co-incidently her mother's family had settled there after they left Iran after the revolution, and it was therefore 'home' for P. Firouzeh.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-02-2004, 01:06 PM
tipper's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Napoli, Italy
Posts: 236
Cool P Noor and CP Hamzah

:)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley
P. Nayef went into voluntary exile in Spain when his attempts to get his brother's claim to the throne invalidated due to his poor health, came to naught.
But he was not banned from living in Jordan, just chose not too. Noor and her sisters moved to Spain upon their parents' divorce, as co-incidently her mother's family had settled there after they left Iran after the revolution, and it was therefore 'home' for P. Firouzeh.
I know he went there into a voluntary exile, so just a coincidence Noor went to live in Spain as her grandfather.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-22-2005, 04:08 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,045
So she's Iranian or what? How does she know Arabic then?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-22-2005, 04:13 PM
cute_girl's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbette
So she's Iranian or what? How does she know Arabic then?
she's half persian,half arab,and it's said that she doesnt know arabic which i think its true.arabic is such a hard language that only a native who's learned it from childhood can speak it fluently,we were tought arabic for 6years in school and though i can understand a lot from arabic texts,i can never understand arabic when they talk it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-22-2005, 07:51 PM
lovy_bear's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ~:o:~, Canada
Posts: 89
Hi everyone,

I think that Princess Firouzeh is indeed Spanish (considering that she has supposedly lived her whole life or at least most of it in Spain-as stated in the above quote), but of Iranian descent. Although the prior is something new to me considering that I read somewhere a while ago that she is of Turkish origin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbette
So she's Iranian or what? How does she know Arabic then?
Regardless of Princess Noor's ethnicities, a person does not have to be of Arab descent in order to know how to speak Arabic, nor do they have to be of any other ethnicity in order to know how to speak a specific language(s), that is associated with a particular race/culture.
__________________
In my dream I saw a tree: green, bright, vast, of indescribable beauty; and on this tree were three kinds of fruit, such as I had never seen among all the fruits of this world. Red, white, and yellow; they shone like globes and living suns ~ Rabia of Basra * Let the beauty we love be what we do ~ Rumi *

MuslimHeritage.com :: Rumi's Poetry :: Ancient Civilizations
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-22-2005, 11:05 PM
tipper's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Napoli, Italy
Posts: 236
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_girl
she's half persian,half arab,and it's said that she doesnt know arabic which i think its true.arabic is such a hard language that only a native who's learned it from childhood can speak it fluently,we were tought arabic for 6years in school and though i can understand a lot from arabic texts,i can never understand arabic when they talk it.
If I remember well enough, PN was in Jordan for the 1st 6 years of her life, though maybe that was notto learn arabic well, but if she spent time with her dad, she should have learnt Arabic from him..... - I wonder, does she talk to Hamzah in English, don't think Ham can talk farsi.:)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-22-2005, 11:43 PM
cute_girl's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovy_bear
Hi everyone,

I think that Princess Firouzeh is indeed Spanish (considering that she has supposedly lived her whole life or at least most of it in Spain-as stated in the above quote), but of Iranian descent. Although the prior is something new to me considering that I read somewhere a while ago that she is of Turkish origin.
well I can tell you that she's not spanish for sure,her name,firoozeh is a genuine persian word which means torquoise,her family name indeed shows that she's 100% persian as far as Vakhshour is the Zorastrian's prophet,besides at the time of prince hamzah marrying princess noor it was announced from govermental sources that princess firoozeh was born and raised in iran and she and her children had had several trips to iran to visit their family which means that princess noor's grandparents,aunts,uncles and cousins still live in iran.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-22-2005, 11:46 PM
cute_girl's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipper
If I remember well enough, PN was in Jordan for the 1st 6 years of her life, though maybe that was notto learn arabic well, but if she spent time with her dad, she should have learnt Arabic from him..... - I wonder, does she talk to Hamzah in English, don't think Ham can talk farsi.:)
it was said that she was born in amman,how that possible when they were in exile?
and i think the couple speak in english noor probably cannot talk farsi eighter
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Hamzah, Princess Noor & Family: Picture Thread Jenna1186 King Abdullah's Brothers 320 11-11-2013 11:57 AM
Questions about Princess Fahdah and her family hanadihammouri King Abdullah's Brothers 119 06-11-2013 02:27 PM
Prince Hamzah, Princess Noor & Family Current Events: Part 7 Zonk King Abdullah's Brothers 128 12-17-2009 02:15 PM
Questions about Princess Margriet's Family Genevieve Princess Margriet, Prof. van Vollenhoven and Family 22 11-03-2005 04:09 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth bourbon-parma charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events dutch royal history fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta cristina infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince laurent prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess elisabeth princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:17 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]