Questions about Princess Noor and her family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
P Noor's father

;) :confused: :) :p
I just read that P Nayef bin Abdullah fled to Spain 1 year after KH ascended to the throne 'cos he had been deprived of the crown by his nephew, can any1 tell me why the article reads- deprived of the crown- I suppose the only King Talal' successor was to be his own and only son.....was Noor Hamzah born in Spain, as her family lived there since 1954 ? I'm so confused.

tipper said:
;) :confused: :) :p
I just read that P Nayef bin Abdullah fled to Spain 1 year after KH ascended to the throne 'cos he had been deprived of the crown by his nephew, can any1 tell me why the article reads- deprived of the crown- I suppose the only King Talal' successor was to be his own and only son.....was Noor Hamzah born in Spain, as her family lived there since 1954 ? I'm so confused.
P. Nayef went into voluntary exile in Spain when his attempts to get his brother's claim to the throne invalidated due to his poor health, came to naught.
But he was not banned from living in Jordan, just chose not too. Noor and her sisters moved to Spain upon their parents' divorce, as co-incidently her mother's family had settled there after they left Iran after the revolution, and it was therefore 'home' for P. Firouzeh.

P Noor and CP Hamzah

:) ;)
shelley said:
P. Nayef went into voluntary exile in Spain when his attempts to get his brother's claim to the throne invalidated due to his poor health, came to naught.
But he was not banned from living in Jordan, just chose not too. Noor and her sisters moved to Spain upon their parents' divorce, as co-incidently her mother's family had settled there after they left Iran after the revolution, and it was therefore 'home' for P. Firouzeh.

I know he went there into a voluntary exile, so just a coincidence Noor went to live in Spain as her grandfather.

Bubbette said:
So she's Iranian or what? How does she know Arabic then?
she's half persian,half arab,and it's said that she doesnt know arabic which i think its true.arabic is such a hard language that only a native who's learned it from childhood can speak it fluently,we were tought arabic for 6years in school and though i can understand a lot from arabic texts,i can never understand arabic when they talk it.

Hi everyone,

I think that Princess Firouzeh is indeed Spanish (considering that she has supposedly lived her whole life or at least most of it in Spain-as stated in the above quote), but of Iranian descent. Although the prior is something new to me considering that I read somewhere a while ago that she is of Turkish origin.

Bubbette said:
So she's Iranian or what? How does she know Arabic then?
Regardless of Princess Noor's ethnicities, a person does not have to be of Arab descent in order to know how to speak Arabic, nor do they have to be of any other ethnicity in order to know how to speak a specific language(s), that is associated with a particular race/culture.

Last edited by a moderator:
cute_girl said:
she's half persian,half arab,and it's said that she doesnt know arabic which i think its true.arabic is such a hard language that only a native who's learned it from childhood can speak it fluently,we were tought arabic for 6years in school and though i can understand a lot from arabic texts,i can never understand arabic when they talk it.

If I remember well enough, PN was in Jordan for the 1st 6 years of her life, though maybe that was notto learn arabic well, but if she spent time with her dad, she should have learnt Arabic from him..... - I wonder, does she talk to Hamzah in English, don't think Ham can talk farsi.:) ;) :confused: :cool:

lovy_bear said:
Hi everyone,

I think that Princess Firouzeh is indeed Spanish (considering that she has supposedly lived her whole life or at least most of it in Spain-as stated in the above quote), but of Iranian descent. Although the prior is something new to me considering that I read somewhere a while ago that she is of Turkish origin.
well I can tell you that she's not spanish for sure,her name,firoozeh is a genuine persian word which means torquoise,her family name indeed shows that she's 100% persian as far as Vakhshour is the Zorastrian's prophet,besides at the time of prince hamzah marrying princess noor it was announced from govermental sources that princess firoozeh was born and raised in iran and she and her children had had several trips to iran to visit their family which means that princess noor's grandparents,aunts,uncles and cousins still live in iran.

tipper said:
If I remember well enough, PN was in Jordan for the 1st 6 years of her life, though maybe that was notto learn arabic well, but if she spent time with her dad, she should have learnt Arabic from him..... - I wonder, does she talk to Hamzah in English, don't think Ham can talk farsi.:) ;) :confused: :cool:
it was said that she was born in amman,how that possible when they were in exile?
and i think the couple speak in english noor probably cannot talk farsi eighter

cute_girl said:
it was said that she was born in amman,how that possible when they were in exile?

they were not sent to exhile, but when her parents divorced, her mum went to live in Spain, with her own kids, including Noor, of course, she was only 6 at the time, i think her father stayed in Amman,don't know if he remarried.

cute_girl said:

I heard PN can speak Arabic, English, Farsi and Spanish, as well.

cute_girl said:
well I can tell you that she's not spanish for sure,her name,firoozeh is a genuine persian word which means torquoise,her family name indeed shows that she's 100% persian as far as Vakhshour is the Zorastrian's .

Yes, Thats True.

cute_girl said:
well I can tell you that she's not spanish for sure,her name,firoozeh is a genuine persian word which means torquoise,her family name indeed shows that she's 100% persian as far as Vakhshour is the Zorastrian's prophet,besides at the time of prince hamzah marrying princess noor it was announced from govermental sources that princess firoozeh was born and raised in iran and she and her children had had several trips to iran to visit their family which means that princess noor's grandparents,aunts,uncles and cousins still live in iran.
I never stated that Princess Firouzeh was of Spanish descent/origin on an ethnic basis - if that is what you thought that I meant by my prior post - (I actually even stated that she was of Iranian descent if this was truly the case), but argued that she was Spanish through nationality (if it was indeed a fact that she was born, raised and/or spent some/much of her life living in the prior country). For example a person can be of Thai origin/descent through ethnic means, but be French through nationality if they presently permanently live in France, plan to live there for a while/the long run and/or already have.

As for last names, generally speaking they can always belong to a person with whom the name is not associated with ethnically, if perhaps their ancestor(s) was of the specific race with which the name is associated and/or perhaps through colonial means (not to say that this is necessarily the case with Princess Firouzeh). For example, one of my grandfathers had an Iranian (Farsi I think) last name (since one of his ancestors was ethnically linked to Iran), but he was mostly of Pakistani descent/origin. Both my first and last names are linguistically Arabic in nature, but I am not of Arab descent. I once had a teacher who had a Chinese last name, but she was of British origin etc.

Last edited:
lovy_bear said:
I never stated that Princess Firouzeh was of Spanish descent/origin on an ethnic basis - if that is what you thought that I meant by my prior post - (I actually even stated that she was of Iranian descent if this was truly the case), but argued that she was Spanish through nationality (if it was indeed a fact that she was born, raised and/or spent some/much of her life living in the prior country). For example a person can be of Thai origin/descent through ethnic means, but be French through nationality if they presently permanently live in France, plan to live there for a while/the long run and/or already have.

As for last names, generally speaking they can always belong to a person with whom the name is not associated with ethnically, if perhaps their ancestor(s) was of the specific race with which the name is associated and/or perhaps through colonial means (not to say that this is necessarily the case with Princess Firouzeh). For example, one of my grandfathers had an Iranian (Farsi I think) last name (since one of his ancestors was ethnically linked to Iran), but he was mostly of Pakistani descent/origin. Both my first and last names are linguistically Arabic in nature, but I am not of Arab descent. I once had a teacher who had a Chinese last name, but she was of British origin etc.
sorry but i cant get what you mean,i said that she's from an iranian origine,born and raised in iran and is indeed iranian,she may have spanish passport and or has become a citizen of spain but that does not make her spanish.
by iran's law you can never give up your iranian nationality,anyone who has an iranian mother or father,or anyone who marries an iranian is considered iranian(unless the person is not israeli) and has to follow iranian rules inside the country.
and about your name,if you have an arabic name maybe it's because you're muslem and not necesserily arab,just like my dad and bro's names...
and in iran you cannot choose any name or family name you want,for first names,the name you choose must be approved by the goverment(for example an iranian cannot have the name Saddam!!!)and for family names,the name you choose MUST be related somehow to that name eighter by your ancestors or by your job,(ex.you cant have a kurdish name unless you're not a kurd)so if princess firoozeh's name is Vakhshouri,it's because she relates vakhshouries who are pure persians.
ps.I'm sorry if i couldnt explain clearly my english is not that good,and sorry for making so many dictation faults,I'm dyslexic.

Last edited:
cute_girl said:
sorry but i cant get what you mean,i said that she's from an iranian origine,born and raised in iran and is indeed iranian,she may have spanish passport and or has become a citizen of spain but that does not make her spanish.
by iran's law you can never give up your iranian nationality,anyone who has an iranian mother or father,or anyone who marries an iranian is considered iranian(unless the person is not israeli) and has to follow iranian rules inside the country.
and about your name,if you have an arabic name maybe it's because you're muslem and not necesserily arab,just like my dad and bro's names...
and in iran you cannot choose any name or family name you want,for first names,the name you choose must be approved by the goverment(for example an iranian cannot have the name Saddam!!!)and for family names,the name you choose MUST be related somehow to that name eighter by your ancestors or by your job,(ex.you cant have a kurdish name unless you're not a kurd)so if princess firoozeh's name is Vakhshouri,it's because she relates vakhshouries who are pure persians.
ps.I'm sorry if i couldnt explain clearly my english is not that good,and sorry for making so many dictation faults,I'm dyslexic.
Hi cute_girl,

The argument I was making was that I never said that Princess Firouzeh is of Spanish “origin” in my first post regarding this topic (while you made it seem like I had in one of your messages). The argument that I was making was that from my personal viewpoint, I believe that she is Spanish first (or both Spanish and Iranian at the same time) through nationality/citizenship, “if” she has currently settled within the country (Spain) and/or has been living in it for a while. Even if what you are saying is true regarding an individual of Iranian origin not being able to give up their ethnic nationality, does the law say that a person cannot be of two or more nationalities? Even if the answer is no, we are talking on specific Iranian governmental terms and not necessarily universal ones (so the answer as to whether or not she is Spanish fully or to a certain extent through nationality is pretty much different for different people).

As for the whole first and/or last name topic, I was simply saying that a person does not have to ethnically be from a certain country, just because their name is linguistically linked to the prior region. You had stated in one of your posts that Princess Firouzeh was of Iranian origin because both her first and last names were linguistically linked to the prior country. While I was not disagreeing with you on the fact that she is probably of Persian descent, I was just stating that a person’s name does not “always” describe the country/countries that they are racially associated with.

And it’s fine, I get what you’re saying.

Questions about Princess Noor Hamzah and her family

Born in Amman 30 June 1975 . ....... the daugther of p.Asem bin Naef pf jordan and bhis first wife princess Firouzeh Vokhshouri .........on ougust 31.2005 she married a jordanian named H E. Basel Yaghnam...the official wedding took place on september 2.2005 in aqaba ...
http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w76/farooda/?action=view&current=4784.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Questions about Princess Noor Hamzah and her family

Does anyone know if Princess Firouzeh the ex-wive of Prince Assem Abu Bakar bin Naif, the mother of Princess Noor Hamzah, has remarried?

I know that she was Her Royal Highness from her marriage to Prince Assem in 1974 and remained Her Royal Highness after their divorce in 1985. I cannot find any information to explain why she ceased to bear the personal style of Her Royal Highness in May 2004 the very same month of her daughter's zifaf with Prince Hamzah.

I thought maybe it was because she remarried but Princess Dina remained HRH after her remarriage.

Joumana said:
I heard that she is from Iran.

She was born in Iran, yes.

But, I'm pretty sure that didn't have anything to do with why she lost her personal style of Royal Highness.

brownie said:
She was born in Iran, yes.

But, I'm pretty sure that didn't have anything to do with why she lost her personal style of Royal Highness.

has anyone pix of Firouzeh with Noor Hamzah as a kid and as a young girl,( I believe she met Hamzah back in about 2001, when and where ?)- well, I know this is the thread of her mother, but maybe someone has a pic of Firouzeh with her kids, when she was still in Jordan or maybe when she and her kids went to live in Spain.

i just found this picture in another of the jordanian thread and i was wondering who the last three ladies in the picture are. when was the picture taken? (i can recognise haya, rym, iman and raiyah but not the last three. it also seems quite a recent picture)

i just found this picture in another of the jordanian thread and i was wondering who the last three ladies in the picture are. when was the picture taken? (i can recognise haya, rym, iman and raiyah but not the last three. it also seems quite a recent picture)
The ladies are Princess Sana Asem (prince Asem´s wife, the father of Princess Noor Hamzah) and her two daughters: Princesses Salha and Nejla.

The picture was taken during wedding of Prince Hamzah, May 2004.

Wow, Noor's sister Nejla is the spitting image of her!

Princess Yasmin Asem

Does anyone have pictures of Princess Noor's sisters Yassi or Sarah. I believe Yasmin married in 2005 and I wondered if there were any wedding photographs?

On 31 August 2005 Princess Yasmine bint Asem, daughter of Prince Asem Bin Nayef and his first wife Firouzeh Vokhshouri, married Jordanian Basel Yaghnam in Amman, Jordan. The official wedding took place on 2 Septmber 2005 in Aqaba. The bride is the eldest sister of Princess Noor Hamzah, who attended the wedding with her husband Prince Hamzah. The wedding was also attended by Queen Noor, Prince Hashim, Princesses Iman and Raiyah.
ImageShack(TM) slideshow

Thank you so much for the photos. They are brilliant! I was Yassi's nanny in the early 80s. The last time I saw her was 10 years ago. Her grandmother Aghdas doesn't look any different than she did 25 years ago!!!

Thank you so much for the photos. They are brilliant! I was Yassi's nanny in the early 80s. The last time I saw her was 10 years ago. Her grandmother Aghdas doesn't look any different than she did 25 years ago!!!

Question: how do you become a nanny of a princess?

It was a long time ago and I had just finished university. I went to Amman as nanny to the three sons of Shariff Zeid Hussain. It didnt work out and I was about to come home when they asked if I would step in temporarily to look after Sarah and Yassi. I ended up staying for two years!

Back
Top Bottom