The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah's Brothers

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-04-2008, 03:21 PM
Courtier

its quite common for muslim families not to ever publish or how pictures of their females...their daughters, their daughters-in law, sisters...the weddign did happen, he is married, i believe that, absolutely and completely. its very normal for them to keep the bride "in wraps'...i belong to a Muslim background, and some families, even my own cousin (who is very modern by Muslim standards) had a sepearte receptino for males and females...its just the way it is, and its very normal...we laughed and joked about it, telling her it was a pity we wouldnt see any eligible guys, since they would be in a seperate ballroom...its the norm and is a decision made by the couple and their families...We don't take it as signifying "strict" religious beliefs...I ope I've helped in explaining a little about Muslim and Arab culture...since I'm Arab and a Muslim

Old 09-05-2008, 12:23 AM

I just think pHashim is respecting her culture and that's very sweet of him . I a muslim and I know that during a marriage the brides family can give conditions maybe it was one of her families conditions. I think PHashim is a proud muslim but not a extremiest and we have to respect how he chooses to live his lifew . I respect him for it.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

This thread has been cleaned up of several off-topic and irrelevant posts.

Id like to remind everyone that this is not the place for private conversations. If youre wondering why certain members havent posted pictures they said they would, ask them via pm.

Lets keep the discussion focused on Princess Fahdah and her family. Weve already had an endless amount of questions and speculation on why the Princess is not photographed or does not appear in public. Please refrain from that subject in this thread since all it leads to is more assumptions and no real answers.

Humera
Jordanian Forum Moderator
Old 10-18-2008, 05:05 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
i just meant that since she was his wife...Raiyah miht not be ni the same country, but Fahdah si bound to be with her husband. Anyway, where do Prince Hamzah an dHashem live with their wives? official residences? palaces? or does fahdah live a simple army wife life since her husband is in the army; on the base?
I remember reading somewhere an article supposing the reasons as to why Fahdah doesn't have any public appearances nor photos. They're tying it to the Saudi practice or culture where women are rarely seen or make public appearances. Maybe that's Fahdah's reasons too; maybe she feels she doesn't have to appear in public.

I think you do have reasons. After all, the rest of the members of the Jordanian royal family are all very visible, and that those who are not familiar to the Saudi Arabian culture may be really wondering why women are not out that much.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
its quite common for muslim families not to ever publish or how pictures of their females...their daughters, their daughters-in law, sisters...the weddign did happen, he is married, i believe that, absolutely and completely. its very normal for them to keep the bride "in wraps'...i belong to a Muslim background, and some families, even my own cousin (who is very modern by Muslim standards) had a sepearte receptino for males and females...its just the way it is, and its very normal...we laughed and joked about it, telling her it was a pity we wouldnt see any eligible guys, since they would be in a seperate ballroom...its the norm and is a decision made by the couple and their families...We don't take it as signifying "strict" religious beliefs...I ope I've helped in explaining a little about Muslim and Arab culture...since I'm Arab and a Muslim
That is not true, I have never heard of such thing thing as banning pictures of weddings and such.

Please, don't mix traditions with religion.

If you don't want to mix men and women in a marriage it's because YOU think it's not good and it's because our religion says so :)

And yes I'm Arabic and Muslim too.

The fact that we can't see any of her pictures is not sad, I perosnally don't care,each to their own I guess.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:07 AM
Courtier

I'm not mixing anything, I just explained it. Pictures in Saudi Arabia are not made public because the religion say so, not tradition. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong. I suggest you go and talk to a maulvi.
It was a separate gathering because religion says so. I'm Arab, and so what you say doesn't have to be right. In my opinion what I say is right. Please don't correct me unless you know what your talking about. I can start quoting Quranic verses here to support my claim, and even quote imams, but I'd rather not spoil this thread.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I'm not mixing anything, I just explained it. Pictures in Saudi Arabia are not made public because the religion say so, not tradition. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong. I suggest you go and talk to a maulvi.
It was a separate gathering because religion says so. I'm Arab, and so what you say doesn't have to be right. In my opinion what I say is right. Please don't correct me unless you know what your talking about. I can start quoting Quranic verses here to support my claim, and even quote imams, but I'd rather not spoil this thread.

There is no need to quote Quranic or imams...religion discussion is not permitted on the TRF.

But thank you CD_1, for sharing your experience with the Muslim faith with us. I am not Mulism nor am I Arabic but I can safely say that there are different interpations of faith (Hindu, Christianity, Muslim, etc.) and what you are familiar is probably not the same as others and vice versa.

That being said...Hashem and Fadah have been married for some time now. As far as I know there have been few or no sightings of her, nor and pictures that have surfaced. And the lack of pictorial evidence might say it all.

Old 10-11-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
my i please ask a little abotu princess fahda's history? shoudl i post here?
does anybody know how old princess Fahdah is?
Old 05-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

is that true that her maternal grandmother is American?
BTW in this group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...7744301&v=wall someone mentioned that she has seen Hashim ,Hamzah and Rashid in the polo club :)
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 05-02-2010, 08:09 AM
Heir Apparent

I heard that too, Xavi, about one of her grandmothers being American. I didn't know which one though.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:03 AM
Commoner

well...., i think fahdah is older thn hashem in 2 yrs cause it's obviuos on her face tht she's older thn him in my oppinion she is nor beautiful or ugly she is normal but attractive so 2 yrs or 3 or 1 dnt matter but nt like ali & rym 6 yrs so 6 in age is not a bad number but still dnt matter cause if it's over 6 it will be over reacted....
cn't say sth about ali or hashem cause my heart will be broken JK
Old 08-06-2010, 12:48 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Exclamation

Unless there is published evidence of Princess Fahdah's age from a credible source, please do not indulge in any speculation on this subject.

We've already had members inquire about her age and repeating the question or guessing at the answer doesn't bring us any closer to the truth.

Humera
Jordanian Forum Moderator
Old 08-29-2010, 02:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83 View Post
is that true that her maternal grandmother is American?
BTW in this group ‫سمو الامير هاشم ابن ال*سين المعظم | Facebook‬ someone mentioned that she has seen Hashim ,Hamzah and Rashid in the polo club :)
I didn't find on her page Shi Hashem?

Her grandmother fahda is (Sheikha Bint Abdul Rahman bin Ahmed Al-Sudairy) Have 3 sons males and her two daughters
The mother from Fahda lived first two years of her life in America because her father was studying political science there
Old 08-30-2010, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Robijn View Post
Was she born a Princess?
yes she was i read that she is related to al-saud family

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
I heard that too, Xavi, about one of her grandmothers being American. I didn't know which one though.
i heard that she met prince hashem in buisness in france some said buisness & some said hoilday i think in a holiday cause the magazine deinoor & raiyah read have a pic for them very different plz help 3 of us to get the pics by scanning them (xavi) can u?
Old 08-30-2010, 08:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Abaza View Post
yes she was i read that she is related to al-saud family

No it is not of the royal family did not generate a princess
Is a Saudi Arabian family (Abu-Nian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Abaza View Post
i couldn't read anything cause i dnt read arabic tht much cause i dnt like to but any ways can U tell me wht u read ?
Grandmother to her mother is not American
Name Sheikha Bint Abdul Rahman bin Ahmed Al-Sudairy

Just
Old 08-31-2010, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Mahala View Post
Maybe she has a job? Is it possible that could be true? I mean I haven't heard of many others keeping their jobs after entering a royal fam but can they?
i read that she studied martial arts when she met hashem
Old 09-01-2010, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sana View Post
Grandmother to her mother is not American
Name Sheikha Bint Abdul Rahman bin Ahmed Al-Sudairy

Just
then how would she be an american why not her dad's mother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Mahala View Post
Maybe she has a job? Is it possible that could be true? I mean I haven't heard of many others keeping their jobs after entering a royal fam but can they?
would she be working like her mom an artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deinoor View Post
how did she study martial arts if she went to harvard ?
hey mia there is no martial arts in harvard u must meant she studied oil arts cause she has nice drawings i read

Quote:
Originally Posted by ines View Post
I'm so suprised that P Hashim's wife doesn't do anything in Jordan. She never speak in the public or she never do what another princesses do (patronised some events or red cross or orphans or something like that). It's bit strange that 2 young people choose to live such a tradicional way of life. I mean she stays at home, no pictures, nothing and he comes somethimes in those saudi arabic clothes.
i think he must send her to official duties with queen rania if she doesn't know how to held them so she will learn from QR & she would be able to
Old 09-01-2010, 10:11 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think P Fahdah will ever have official duties inside or outside Jordan, as she's a very strict Muslim that doesn't want to be seen in public. It's her choice and so far, her husband, as well as the King & Queen, have respected that. And as a matter of fact, I don't think this is going to change. JMO
Old 09-01-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendra View Post
Iam just curious as to why the RH of Jordan has only released one photo of Fahda? Is it more of a privacy matter or is it something more important than that?
but there is one more pic for her in avatars & fanart thread in the forums ...http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f83/avatars-and-fanart-1300-16.htmlu can find fahdah in the post of royal wifes or something just look through the page

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
I don't think P Fahdah will ever have official duties inside or outside Jordan, as she's a very strict Muslim that doesn't want to be seen in public. It's her choice and so far, her husband, as well as the King & Queen, have respected that. And as a matter of fact, I don't think this is going to change. JMO
if hse doesn't want to be seen in public why her pic was released with prince hashem & why the magazine posted her pics ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK View Post
Fahdah's name is pronouced Faa- daa (fa, like in do re mi fa, and da, like mama and dada), stress on the second syllable, right? And how old is she? She is very pretty, judging by the "wedding" picture.

And Hashem is pronounced Ha-(like hahahaha) shem (like you would say them, but with a sh sound, instead of a th), right? And is the stress on the first or second syllable?
she is in the same age of hashem she was born in jedda june 27th 1981 she studied in boarding schools dunno which countrey , she went to harvard univ when she was 19 she met prince hashem in france in polo club that's what i read in the mag that mia has
Old 09-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent

In other words, Fahdah is only 17 days younger than Hashem. Deinoor, I can't answer that question. Perhaps it was taken as a private photo?! Just saying.