The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah's Brothers

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Administrator

Questions about Princess Basmah and her Family

Welcome to the thread to discuss general information on Princess Basmah, wife of Prince Hamzah of Jordan.

Please keep in mind our Posting Rules & Guidelines, specifically the following:

• All images and articles must have a source attributed to it.
  • Only current images can be attached directly to the forum. Old images must be hosted via another source first.
  • Post only 20% of an article, followed by a link to the rest of it.
  • Be respectful even if you do not agree.
  • Stay on topic, otherwise posts will be deleted.
Thanks and Happy Posting!

Old 01-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Courtier

Prince Hamzah Bin Al Hussein was known to Captain pilot Basma Atoum several years ago when she was Atoum train Prince Hamzah to fly in Wadi Rum and Aqaba where she works at the Academy of Ella to fly. Atoum is the daughter of businessman Mahmoud Hassan Bani Ahmad Atoum the flashing most of the years of his life in Canada
Her home in Jerash.

I found this about her
I think she is Jordanian-born

Old 01-12-2012, 04:37 PM
Gentry

Yes she's born in Jordan
Old 01-12-2012, 05:11 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

According to many Jor-webs she was born in Canada.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:12 PM

No She's Born in Canada
A Video about her job
Welcome to Royal Aero Sports Club of Jordan - YouTube
Old 01-12-2012, 05:15 PM

Some Photos From Ammon website
http://www.ammonnews.net/article.aspx?articleno=107898
Old 01-12-2012, 05:53 PM

Her father is Mahmoud Hassan Bani Ahmad Atoum, from the town of Kufr Khall north of Jerash Governorate. He's a former officer in The Jordanian Armed Forces and current businessman in Canada.

Princess Basmah at the labor day celebrations in the children's museum of Jordan.

wikipedia article:

Princess Basmah Bani Ahmad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 01-12-2012, 06:26 PM
Serene Highness

Okay, then she was born in Canada not Jordan ?? because everybody is saying something different. Can somebody confirm that please.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

In most of the Jor-sites she is Canadian .. maybe because her father immigrated to Canada since he was 18 years old.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:58 PM
Serene Highness

Well in America or Canada they consider her as a Canadian, even though her parents are from Jordan. Interesting, I can say that Hamza is a copy paste of his dad even though in his personal life. First one was his cousin just like King hussein's first wife and the second one is Canadian and Canada is under the control of Britain. So she is Not Arabic just like the second wife of King Hussein Muna
Old 01-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Administrator

Please note that all posts regarding Princess Noor (who is not the topic of this thread) have been deleted as off topic.

Zonk
Jordan Forums Moderator

Old 01-12-2012, 11:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by life84 View Post
Well in America or Canada they consider her as a Canadian, even though her parents are from Jordan. Interesting, I can say that Hamza is a copy paste of his dad even though in his personal life. First one was his cousin just like King hussein's first wife and the second one is Canadian and Canada is under the control of Britain. So she is Not Arabic just like the second wife of King Hussein Muna
In what world do you imagine that Canada is under the control of Britain??? Canada is a fully independent nation that just happens to have the same monarch as Great Britain which hardly places the country under the control of Great Britain.
She was born a Canadian of Jordanian descent which should not diminish her Arab credentials.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:25 PM
Courtier

I think it's Jordanian origins
Is not a Jordanian of Palestinian origin, such as Rania and Zanah
Old 01-14-2012, 02:30 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
In what world do you imagine that Canada is under the control of Britain??? Canada is a fully independent nation that just happens to have the same monarch as Great Britain which hardly places the country under the control of Great Britain.
She was born a Canadian of Jordanian descent which should not diminish her Arab credentials.

Thank you for that!!

Second...For those who are confused, think Queen Noor. Her Majesty, while born and raised in the US, is still of Arab descent. Just as the new Princess, except HRH was born and raised in Canada, but still of Arab descent.

I hope that helps out some.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Okay dear, you don't have to get mad and answer back like that... There is nothing wrong if I have an incorrect information. Then have you seen Canadian's money ???? why do they have Queen Elizabeth on their money ????
Old 01-14-2012, 05:49 PM
Nobility

"Bani Ahmad" Otoum is a Pure Jordanian tribe and us Jordanians are proud that HRH have chosen (for the FIRST TIME since Prince Mohammad Married Taghreed Majali) a pure Jordanian. Now her being 26 years old, isn't accurate, she is around Hamzah's age.
Let's wish them both happiness, cause Hamzah is a genuine person and he only deserves the best and I am sure Basmah is the perfect match, hope it lasts though for more than King Hussein's marriage to Princess Muna lasted :)
Old 01-14-2012, 06:53 PM
Nobility

I am Canadian and I can assure you The Queen doesn't control me or anyone I know. As for the new princess I wonder if she now has to rescind her Canadian passport since she is now a member of the Jordanian Royal house? I wonder if she plays hockey?
Old 01-15-2012, 04:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

can I ask about her age ?
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 01-15-2012, 05:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83 View Post
can I ask about her age ?

Read Amoula's post above.
Basma was born 1985.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi View Post

Read Amoula's post above.
Basma was born 1985.
No dear Amoula said that she is around hamza's age, it means she is her 30s not 25