Questions about Princess Basmah and her Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the brother nader may seem strange, but he is artist. who can account for artistic talent?! i missed something i think, someone talks about an interview. is there a link to this? and i do not know about the older brother bassam. sorry.

hello stella! yes the video is on the internet but was removed on several blogs because people commented on the way she was dressed. you can find it on easily.
Zonk, people have opinions about Basma because she married one of our Princes. as they did with any royalty. the opinion i was asked to give was what i heard in Amman, which was mainly negative. but in no way was i implying that being western is bad, infact that's good thing. the point is she knew she was being recorded but doesn't understand how Jordanians dress. this means she's not bad, just not knowing our culture. we go to work and we cannot dress in such a way. so the point is she is more western. but her sister looked professional the picture. people view this without saying anything about her character, but we know that prince Hamza is religious and princess Noor his first wife who was Jordanian but lived in the west always dressed conservative. thank you for your comment Noormeanslight :)

ah, THAT video. thank you for clarifying. when 'interview' was mentioned, i thought there was another one that i had not seen. :)

Seems to be like an interesting girl. Through a bit plain but I'm sure that will change because to me it seems she has the potential to be quite beautiful. And also her appearance is hardly important, it's her personality that matters. I hope the two of them will have a long and happy marriage. Also it's nice one of them once married a Jordanian girl. I'm new in this world and don't know alot yet. But it was a very long time one of them married a real Jordanian girl ( so not a girl originally from Palestine). Actually how many and who of the wives has Jordanian ancestry?

i have a question for you all. the daughter, princess haya, where is she in all of this? does she live with her mother? she is so cute.

No, I believe she lives in Jordan with her dad. That is what I heard recently... Yes she is adorable, she looks like her mommy :D

what a beautiful child!!!! i saw a photo of her with flowers in her hair, and she just looks exactly like a little princess from a story book!!

I think the picture you saw for her was taken at Prince Rashid's wedding. :D

Let's stay on topic...this thread is about Princess Basamah and her immeadiate family. We don't need to speculate on her relationship with her step daugter, Princess Haya.

Thank you all for the info so far! :flowers: I was wondering, if there's no offspring at all, will Basmah keep her title after a possible divorce?
Has this happened before in the JRF?

in my opinion, i think no. if we look to princess Aila Tabba she keep her title because king Hussein gave her this title. but in Basmah case think she can't keep the title . but how know what will happen

Thank you for your answer, Sana! Nobody knows what the future might bring, it was only a hypothetical question and I really hope that no one reads too much into it. Perhaps a moderator could help us, what will happen under the circumstances I described above?
Princess Alia Tabba gave birth to 4 children and was already given her title by the late King, so out of mere respect for him, she was allowed to keep her title and even her patronages or charities, I assume. This is different. ;)

Thank you all for the info so far! :flowers: I was wondering, if there's no offspring at all, will Basmah keep her title after a possible divorce?
Has this happened before in the JRF?
She will keep her title of HRH Princess if she not get married again. You have examples: Princess Muna and Princess Fyrial.

Okay, so as long as she never remarries, she may keep the title forever. Thank you for the correct info, Salma! :flowers:

Okay, so as long as she never remarries, she may keep the title forever. Thank you for the correct info, Salma! :flowers:

I think it is by precedence, they would keep the title, but it is ultimately up to HM the King as the title is a privilege and not a right :flowers:

I think it is by precedence, they would keep the title, but it is ultimately up to HM the King as the title is a privilege and not a right :flowers:

Now this makes sense, I suspected the same. Thank you very much, Fadel Abdullah! :flowers:

I don't be mean to be off-topic,
but when you guys talked about her brother being an artist
I couldn't help but take a look at his art,
It is ultra-modern and genius!
that shows that they were raised to follow their dream careers
and seek success ;)

Last edited:
Sure, apparently they were raised in a rather liberal and progressive environment. I like that a lot!
Good point, LipGloss! :flowers:

It's not first time she wear scarf, maybe she chose to wear it

:ohmy: Oh Maybe she's phasing into wearing it always,
she looks radiant and beautiful without makeup ;)

I do not know the rules about the way to cover the hair (this is the main point to cover, no?), but I do not like the way she wears the scarf, it reminds me more the children with cancer than a religious custom.
I'm sorry if I hurt someone, it is not on purpose!!

Well the main point or purpose of wearing a religious custom is modesty rather than just covering the head,
as for the rules, the neck must also be covered, if princess Basmah was wearing Hijab she would have at least worn something that is a high-neck when she chooses to wear her scarf like that,
we're suggesting that she is taking steps into wearing it officially
P.S:Children with cancer? That is a little bit harsh :ermm:

Well the main point or purpose of wearing a religious custom is modesty rather than just covering the head,
as for the rules, the neck must also be covered, if princess Basmah was wearing Hijab she would have at least worn something that is a high-neck when she chooses to wear her scarf like that,
we're suggesting that she is taking steps into wearing it officially
P.S:Children with cancer? That is a little bit harsh :ermm:

Thanks for information.

I said children with cancer, because when they have chimio, they loose their hair and they wear scarfs, but they do not cover the ears and the neck, and the image reminded me rather this than a religious covering, with neck also covered.

All posts speculating Princess Basmah had a nose job has been deleted. Personal attack posts have been deleted as well. Please remember that we all have out opinions, there is no need to attack other members when they disagree with your opinion.
Further posts will be deleted without notice.​

Back
Top Bottom