Questions about Princess Basmah and her Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you both for the article and the additional pictures!! :flowers: Basmah seems like a very dynamic and active woman, which means that Hamzy went from the silent plain :)censored:) doormat to the masculine Super Woman, whoah that was quite the change!!!! :w00t:
most definintely - she is all that and more! athletic though, not 'masculine'.

most definintely - she is all that and more! athletic though, not 'masculine'.

Sure. Athletic, energetic and all that. She must be very fascinating for a guy to have around. ;) I guess my point was: Hamzah had the opportunity to choose the woman that would become his 2nd wife and look! He went for the extreme opposite compared to his first (boring, but hey, I'm a princess) wife!! :D:p

^^^^^
Dynamic + active = masculine????

I'm really looking forward to see what kind of causes she might pursue.It seems to me that she will be dynamic and a new breed of royal much as Rania is.She seems confident and this will help her to adjust to her new role.

Sure. Athletic, energetic and all that. She must be very fascinating for a guy to have around. ;) I guess my point was: Hamzah had the opportunity to choose the woman that would become his 2nd wife and look! He went for the extreme opposite compared to his first (boring, but hey, I'm a princess) wife!! :D:p

precisely! lucky man! xo

Frankly, this masculine thing is bothering me. I have seen masculine women in person and in the movies/magazines/songs, etc. She is not masculine but rather has angular features.

And I for one, find it rather sad, that in 2012 women are being measured as a suitable bride for a Prince (heck any male) solely on one's looks. She flies planes! She is a trendsetter for her gender! But really it doesnt' matter if she is a pilot, a teacher, sales person or waitress. She should be judged by the content of her character and not just by her looks. And thank goodness, that Hazmah realized that. They might challenge each other, have good conversation, share similiar interests/goals, etc. We have no way of knowing why it clicked for them. But it appears that it did.

Now certainly everyone is entitlted to their opinion about looks, and what makes someone a suitable partner. What is important to you might not be important to me and vice versa. We can all have different ideas about that. But looks arent' everything. You can be the most beautiful person in the world on the outside and in the inside be as unattractive as possible. For some beauty fades, but the kindness you have for others (and how you treat them), how you carry yourself and having good character traits ----that is timeless.

-----------

So back on topic. Does Basmah have any siblings?

Last edited:
Frankly, this masculine thing is bothering me. I have seen masculine women in person and in the movies/magazines/songs, etc. She is not masculine but rather has angular features.

And I for one, find it rather sad, that in 2012 women are being measured as a suitable bride for a Prince (heck any male) solely on one's looks. She flies planes! She is a trendsetter for her gender! But really it doesnt' matter if she is a pilot, a teacher, sales person or waitress. She should be judged by the content of her character and not just by her looks. And thank goodness, that Hazmah realized that. They might challenge each other, have good conversation, share similiar interests/goals, etc. We have no way of knowing why it clicked for them. But it appears that it did.

Now certainly everyone is entitlted to their opinion about looks, and what makes someone a suitable partner. What is important to you might not be important to me and vice versa. We can all have different ideas about that. But looks arent' everything. You can be the most beautiful person in the world on the outside and in the inside be as unattractive as possible. For some beauty fades, but the kindness you have for others (and how you treat them), how you carry yourself and having good character traits ----that is timeless.

-----------

So back on topic. Does Basmah have any siblings?
she hs 2 brothers, bassam, and nader, and a sister yasmeen. all of whom live in canada and thank you for your comments.

^^^^^
Dynamic + active = masculine????

Nope! Not necessarily. Let me clarify my point a bit, for all of you to see that it wasn't a negative comment: I have seen in the videos Basmah's upper arms and legs and they seem a bit masculine or well toned, if you like. I used to be like that until 25, then I gained a bit weight and my body has been a bit fuller & curvy ever since. Being 'masculine' as a woman, meaning looking athletic, some parts of the body having visible muscles in other words, doesn't mean you're not feminine or attractive. Besides, being feminine and sweet has to do with the attitude towards the man, not the body itself. Hope this helps.

Zonk, excellent post and wonderfully put! We can never know how or why it 'clicked' for them or for any other couple. It's just that magical moment that comes, usually when none of the two expects it. From then on things take a natural course. The important thing is that there seems to be much love and affection between Hamzah & Basmah, whereas Hamzah & Noor looked like brother & sister to me (judging by their body language in the various pics over the years, this isn't something I can prove, just an observation and opinion, ok? ;)).

Very interesting conversation so far, thank you all! :flowers:

search google images for 'yasmen hasan' the first photo that should come up is a picture of princess basmah's sister (dark suit - hand on her chin) (i don't know how to upload photo to this site) here islink to a photo of her brother, canadian artist: Nader Hasan | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Here is a picture of her sister. (yasmen hasan) Yasmen looks nicer than her sister. IMO.

Redirect Notice

Here is another picture for her brother. Nader Hasan.

Redirect Notice

Her sister veyr Beautiful
see what she write in her sister wedding
Blessing to the marriage of my sis Princess Basmah and Prince Hamzah. May God bless them always.
Many blessings and thanks to the graceful, elegant @queenrania and ever radiant @queennoor. God bless all your family and all of Jordan.
:flowers: :wub:
http://yfrog.com/ke7rncj
she look like princess basma

Last edited:
search google images for 'yasmen hasan' the first photo that should come up is a picture of princess basmah's sister (dark suit - hand on her chin) (i don't know how to upload photo to this site) here islink to a photo of her brother, canadian artist: Nader Hasan | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Thanks Stella for all info. Are her sisters or her brother older than her? Are they married?
and do you know what are the names of Princess Basma´s parents?

Last edited:
Thanks Stella for all info. Are her sisters or her brother older than her? Are they married?
and do you know what are the names of Princess Basma´s parents?
her Father name is Mahmoud Hassan bani Ahmad al Atoum
Stella , what her Mother name ?

she have 2 brothers & 1 sister

Bassam , Nader and Yesmeen

and here in Marriage part in wikipedia they write
On 12 January 2012, the Royal Jordanian Court announced Prince Hamzah's marriage to Basmah Bani Ahmad Al Atoum, The marriage ceremony was held at Princess Basma's grandfather's house in Amman.
..................................The official ceremony is yet to come.
:blink: Stella , you know what this ? :flowers:

Last edited:
Yasmeen is a very pretty lady, like her sister Basmah, and their brother seems to be a very gifted artist/photographer. Thank you all for sharing the above links!! :flowers:

hello Noormeanslight i can't do the quote yet still learning!
I thinbk that the new princess and her family are more canadian western, .her sister looks professional.many noticed in the video Princess Basma is wearing open vest top and can see her bra strap and she knew it was being recorded. it's not professional in any place or conservative like our culture. Prince hamza is religious so it is strange. the article is old, maybe we will see more.

hello Noormeanslight i can't do the quote yet still learning!
I thinbk that the new princess and her family are more canadian western, .her sister looks professional.many noticed in the video Princess Basma is wearing open vest top and can see her bra strap and she knew it was being recorded. it's not professional in any place or conservative like our culture. Prince hamza is religious so it is strange. the article is old, maybe we will see more.

Perhaps she knew it was being recorded and wasn't aware that her undergarments where being shown? It has happened to the best of us. Now I am certainly not trying to down play or disregard her religion or culture, but seriously do have proof that this was done on purpose?

I do think however, that some have an agenda against Basmah and that isn't cool. You don't have to like her but let's not pick up little nuances and make a big deal out of it. Sometimes accidents happen. Unless you have specific proof that this was done on purpose and gives hindsight to her character, I suggest we move on.

Last edited:
I take that last post back, it IS her sister!!! What happened to hubby though o_O

Good evening to all!

Dahliah, thank you for your contribution! Yes, apparently to many Jordanians Basmah may seem airy and more western, it was expected. ;)

Zonk, I had asked from Dahliah to come back and report the 'atmosphere' in Amman regarding the new bride. How people see her, what do they say about her, not certain facts about her. :flowers:

:previous:That's all well and good but the last post that I was referencing made an inference to Basmah's character (in not a good way) based on her interview. In addition, negative inferences were made regarding Basmah and Hazmah before someone was asked to get a feeling on the astomsphere in Jordan.

Now the question becomes ....is this judgement call on westerner's or just Basmah? And are we suggesting by this reference that ALL Jordanians have a slightly negative opinion of Basmah based on what happened in this interview or because she was raised in the West? I don't think one person can speak on behalf of all Jordanians.

Last edited:
Me neither, but I just had a look at the wedding thread, and the public opinion in Amman seems to be negative indeed. They even talk about an arrangement now. Don't know, perhaps all this will fade away soon, their marriage is quite fresh after all. ;)

No no! not negative AT ALL!!! She's Jordanian, they actually married a Jordanian for the first time since Prince MUhammad Married Taghreed. So in general Jordanians are indeed happy about the idea of marrying a Jordanian, but I think it has more depth to it. Jordan is rather a complicated society :)

I see your point Amoula, but some people have already implied that this might not be a 100% love match, right? This doesn't sound pleasant to romantic ears, like ours. :lol:

I see your point Amoula, but some people have already implied that this might not be a 100% love match, right? This doesn't sound pleasant to romantic ears, like ours. :lol:

Hmmm, I don't know, but I would assume Hamzah is rather realistic than emotional. She's Jordanian, westernized, from the north (unlike Taghreed Majali who's from the south), shares the same interests as his, mature (since she's yet older than he is), doesn't seem like the type that cares for looks and trends, her father left Jordan long time ago, they are considered a part of the Otoum family (when in reality her grandfather wasn't considered as such), they are well off, not too rich yet above moderate, they hardly have any influence (politically saying, so they won't be influential like the Majali's ), so it is a PERFECT match! Politics, politics and politics!!!!

Wait, I'm even more confused now... So, Hamzah prefers his wife's family and tribe NOT to be influential and NOT to offer him political support? I thought it should have been the other way round. :wacko:

Wait, I'm even more confused now... So, Hamzah prefers his wife's family and tribe NOT to be influential and NOT to offer him political support? I thought it should have been the other way round. :wacko:

It's a win win situations... A Jordanian tribe, but not very influential like the Majali's who have become all over Jordan in the most important and strategic positions (this itself could also be a threat to them) ...So he gets the benefit of marrying a local (who doesn't have a great influential tribe, who could cause them headache)...

Noor, politics in Jordan is interesting not everyone can understand it, it's a tribal complicated society.

Thank you Amoula, it's all clear now. Yes, the political scene down there is rather complicated. ;) Thanks a bunch for the explanation! :flowers:

Thank you Amoula, it's all clear now. Yes, the political scene down there is rather complicated. ;) Thanks a bunch for the explanation! :flowers:

At the end, this all is an assumption (that most of us in Jordan believe is why he chose Basmah Bani Ahmad as a wife.)

At the end, this all is an assumption (that most of us in Jordan believe is why he chose Basmah Bani Ahmad as a wife.)

Amoula, I've been really shocked with this assumption you talk about... As I've said in Hamzah's and Basmah's Wedding Thread, I thought this time was all about love and attraction and common interests (and not precisely the strategical or political ones...) That's terrible if true... IMO I always have thought he deserves to be happy.

Okay enough.

If you make a statement regarding Hazmah motives, whether or not he is in love with Basmah, political gain, etc. you need to provide documentation to support such a statement. If you can't than stop because at this point you are just speculating.

Any and all additional posts will be deleted without notice. Any questions and/or comments should be directed to the Jordan mods via Private Message.

Back
Top Bottom