Questions about Princess Basmah and her Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
;) Thanks for the link,
very informative!

Last edited:
sorry people, how does one quote more than one person in a reply. still kind of a newby at this

Interesting article. LOL, I laughed so much when Basma's sister said "She fits perfectly with the (royal) family, she really does.” As if Yasmen is the one who knows what fits the royal family and what does not fit them, how ignorant of Yasmen to say that. They are just trying to make the people in love with basma. NO comment ;)

Anf of course you would have a much better insight into the workings of the Jordanian royal family:whistling:

Great article, thanks for posting! :) I find it quite curious that it says her sister doesn't know much about PBasmah's life.... Is this a usual thing with the JRF?

this article shows how Basmah family want to make the best oppertunity from the marriage. I really don't like the way the sister talks about the behalf of the royals. we have never seen the family of a person marry from the JRF talk this way about their new princess. or use the name to become something like Basmah family. this makes me angry they are using the new royal title to be famous. I am sure the royal family is not proud of this marriage and how can Queen Noor let her son make this mistake. they have no class. Basmah got what she wants by marrying a prince, this is a dream for her and her family and it is clear they are unprepared and unsuitable. if they were, they would not make a scandal article like this.

Interesting article. LOL, I laughed so much when Basma's sister said "She fits perfectly with the (royal) family, she really does.” As if Yasmen is the one who knows what fits the royal family and what does not fit them, how ignorant of Yasmen to say that. They are just trying to make the people in love with basma. NO comment ;)

seriously> ish bit fakir? l'ish

Wow, the green-eyed monster is alive and well on this thread.

I'm sorry, but I have a question? According to the majority of the people following the JRF, IF she is so inappropriate for him and for the whole country, IF he is so unhappy in his own wedding, IF Queen Noor either does not want her, GOD WHY HE MARRIED HER?????
It is not even because of a pregnancy, because they are now 4 months married, and no baby. So please, shouldn't we stop criticizing this poor lady?

Last edited:
Anf of course you would have a much better insight into the workings of the Jordanian royal family:whistling:

I did not say that I have a much better insight into the workings for the RF.. But it is so funny that her sister assures that basma fits perfectly to the RF.. So Shame that they are using the title of their daughter to become really famous.. ;) :whistling:

I did not say that I have a much better insight into the workings for the RF.. But it is so funny that her sister assures that basma fits perfectly to the RF.. So Shame that they are using the title of their daughter to become really famous.. ;) :whistling:

1) the Globe & Mail is Canada's national newpaper, not a tabloid.
2) They are an ordinary immigrant family living in Canada, and even though Basma married into the Jordanian royal family no one in this country took any notice of it. Other than the late King Hussein and possibly Queen Noor I doubt too many Canadians could name any other members of the JRF or perhaps even know if they have a royal family. They are simply unknown here....which is probably why it took 4 months for anyone to even write about the marriage.
4) Her family are certainly not going to become famous in the country where they live because of the marriage. Jordan may be another issue.

It all sounds very much like another royal family, where a prince divorced and then married another woman. Some fans of the first wife never seem to have gotten over it and even today can find few good things to say about the second wife and keep looking/hoping for cracks in the marriage.

No one has yet been able to explain reasonably and logically why Hamzahs marriage was supposedly arranged and what the benefit to him or his family was.

Just what is this supposed secret knowledge that some of you claim to know about why this marriage happened and why it will soon fall apart, because it is sounding very much like the typical Amman gossip Queen Noor wrote about in her autobiography.

Last edited:
I am not a fan of princess Noor. but I think it is not a good sign that her sister make a magazine article to become known and say information in national Canadaian paper. the Palace stay very low profile on th marriage.so if they wanted us to know about her family they could say but they did not. I think it was a bad idea to say all this becuase it was her family not a journalist who talk :)

I am not a fan of princess Noor. but I think it is not a good sign that her sister make a magazine article to become known and say information in national Canadian paper. the Palace stay very low profile on th marriage.so if they wanted us to know about her family they could say but they did not. I think it was a bad idea to say all this becuase it was her family not a journalist who talk :)

Have they become known or famous in your country because they certainly have not become well known in the country where they live and work.
I doubt if her fathers restaurant will suddenly be overflowing with customers wanting to dine there.
Was this article even picked up in the Jordanian press or would the censors stop it from being printed?

Everyone bashes the Princess Basma, but there isn't a whisper of criticism toward the Prince. Did the Prince have no part in this; was he dragged to the wedding by his hair? C'mon, he married her. Can you not wish them well?

Why should a Jordanian-Canadian who was raised in Canada and who is a Canadian citizen be ashamed of saying that she (Yasmin) is a Canadian first? I would think it shameful if she had said otherwise about herself. It is her sister who moved to Jordan and made her life there, even before meeting the prince, not Yasmin.

And just who is this other woman who "everyone knows he is in love with"? You keep going on about how everyone knows it was arranged marraige but you never explained how or why Hamzah had to marry Basma and what the benefit was. Without a well reasoned and logical explanation it sounds very much more like bitter gossip and not factual.

Last edited:
No one has yet been able to explain reasonably and logically why Hamzahs marriage was supposedly arranged and what the benefit to him or his family was.

Exactly!!! Many people said that Pcs Hamzah married her for other reasons than his own willing and attraction, but noone managed to explain which are these reasons!!!

Please note that posts regarding Hasmah's true love have been deleted as speculative. If you can't provide sources than you are just spreading rumours.

Any and all additional posts will be deleted without notice.

Last edited:
I saw the comments in the article by posters. I am shoked becuase I did not think Candaians hated the Jordan royal fmily so much. there are soooo many comment insulting Prince Hamzah, King Abdullah and calling the JRF dictator and bad words about the women. Even Basmah is called names by her own people, and they say she will become a slave and married him for money and worked for him.also comments saying that he could nott find a good Jordanian so he marry immigrant.they are rude saying that SHE can teach the JRF something from her Canadian part.this article and Basmah with her family have been negative for Prince Hamzah and all entire JRF. we as Jordanians are proud of our royals.
He had many options to find girls from big tribe families, decent girls with good reputations and class. Becuase Jordan has many educated girls from powerful families. The artcile say she left university to become pilot. this is a joke? she didn't finish studies?.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note that this post is not directed towards anyone in particular but after cleaning up the Hazmah/Basmah threads, I have several thoughts that I have observed:

1) Yamen Hasan is not the first nor will she be the last family member who says something in the paper once their family has some type of their relationship with a member of a royal family. Its happened in the British and Danish families to name just a few. Most likely, the family has been inundated from the press regarding Basmahs thoughts as well as theirs. . Based on my royal watching experience, they will either stop speaking to the press or the press interest will fade. Please reference Autumn Kelly's family upon her engagement to Peter Phillips, or the Middleton's whose daughter Kate married William. The press is ALL OVER the Middleton's so you see tons of pictures of them but very few interviews.

2) Yasmen acknowledged that the family are proud of their Jordanian and Canadian heritage...since when is that a problem to proud of both? I believe that is case with most immigrants.

3) Why should Basmah (or her family) be faulted by what other people (that she has never met and sitting behind a computer) think about Jordan? People are going to think what they want to and based on some of these comments....its apparently they already have their mind made up and they have no knowledge of Jordan. The comments of 86 people cannot reflect the thoughts and opinions of a country comprised with millions of people.

3) So what if Basmah left University to become a pilot. I know people who left university to become a hairdresser and/or a sales person. Bill Gates never finished college. Its not for everyone. Becoming a female pilot is nothing to sneeze at.

4) As previously pointed out Hazmah married Basmah. Why can't people just accept that and move on. There is no need to talk about who he could have married because he didn't. He married Basmah.

Its one thing to like dislike someone you may or may not know, but some of the negative Basmah posts are more like bashing posts than observations. Its one thing to point out something in a negative fashion but if you NEVER have anything positive to say, than your message is lost before you even open your mouth or write out your posts.

Last edited:
I saw the comments in the article by posters. I am shoked becuase I did not think Candaians hated the Jordan royal fmily so much. there are soooo many comment insulting Prince Hamzah, King Abdullah and calling the JRF dictator and bad words about the women. Even Basmah is called names by her own people, and they say she will become a slave and married him for money and worked for him.also comments saying that he could nott find a good Jordanian so he marry immigrant.they are rude saying that SHE can teach the JRF something from her Canadian part.this article and Basmah with her family have been negative for Prince Hamzah and all entire JRF. we as Jordanians are proud of our royals.
He had many options to find girls from big tribe families, decent girls with good reputations and class. Becuase Jordan has many educated girls from powerful families. The artcile say she left university to become pilot. this is a joke? she didn't finish studies?.

From a Canadian perspective ..... just regarding the news article:

Dahliah I wouldn't worry about what was posted there.....those fellows (many of whom have mulitiple users names btw) aren't a good representation of the vast majority of Canadians. The G&M moderator has now cleaned up most of the posts and Canadians know those idiots will post all kinds of garbage there. In fact I'm sure the vast majority of Canadians don't even bother looking at the commenting section anymore (or if they do it's with a very selective eye). Don't feed the trolls and ignore what they have to say is what most of us have learned.

Trust me those same fellows had equally negative comments about Kate's and William's marriage.

Truthfully I wouldn't worry about who read the above article since most here are more worried about keeping an eye on global financial problems ie what affects them personally, so I think those that would have read the article are most likely Canadians of Jordanian heritage (and anti royalists that want to spout off). I look at that newspaper every day and I missed the above article. Nowadays people are inundated with so much information that they truly have become very selective readers.

Please note that this post is not directed towards anyone in particular but after cleaning up the Hazmah/Basmah threads, I have several thoughts that I have observed:

1) Yamen Hasan is not the first nor will she be the last family member who says something in the paper once their family has some type of their relationship with a member of a royal family. Its happened in the British and Danish families to name just a few. Most likely, the family has been inundated from the press regarding Basmahs thoughts as well as theirs. . Based on my royal watching experience, they will either stop speaking to the press or the press interest will fade. Please reference Autumn Kelly's family upon her engagement to Peter Phillips, or the Middleton's whose daughter Kate married William. The press is ALL OVER the Middleton's so you see tons of pictures of them but very few interviews.

2) Yasmen acknowledged that the family are proud of their Jordanian and Canadian heritage...since when is that a problem to proud of both? I believe that is case with most immigrants.

3) Why should Basmah (or her family) be faulted by what other people (that she has never met and sitting behind a computer) think about Jordan? People are going to think what they want to and based on some of these comments....its apparently they already have their mind made up and they have no knowledge of Jordan. The comments of 86 people cannot reflect the thoughts and opinions of a country comprised with millions of people.

3) So what if Basmah left University to become a pilot. I know people who left university to become a hairdresser and/or a sales person. Bill Gates never finished college. Its not for everyone. Becoming a female pilot is nothing to sneeze at.

4) As previously pointed out Hazmah married Basmah. Why can't people just accept that and move on. There is no need to talk about who he could have married because he didn't. He married Basmah.

Its one thing to like dislike someone you may or may not know, but some of the negative Basmah posts are more like bashing posts than observations. Its one thing to point out something in a negative fashion but if you NEVER have anything positive to say, than your message is lost before you even open your mouth or write out your posts.

well put. thank you. enough of the bashing, people, please.

From a Canadian perspective ..... just regarding the news article:

Dahliah I wouldn't worry about what was posted there.....those fellows (many of whom have mulitiple users names btw) aren't a good representation of the vast majority of Canadians. The G&M moderator has now cleaned up most of the posts and Canadians know those idiots will post all kinds of garbage there. In fact I'm sure the vast majority of Canadians don't even bother looking at the commenting section anymore (or if they do it's with a very selective eye). Don't feed the trolls and ignore what they have to say is what most of us have learned.

Trust me those same fellows had equally negative comments about Kate's and William's marriage.

Truthfully I wouldn't worry about who read the above article since most here are more worried about keeping an eye on global financial problems ie what affects them personally, so I think those that would have read the article are most likely Canadians of Jordanian heritage (and anti royalists that want to spout off). I look at that newspaper every day and I missed the above article. Nowadays people are inundated with so much information that they truly have become very selective readers.

'don't feed the trolls' exactly! thank you. halas! there are so many more important things in the world to worry about.

Very nice article mention that Princess Basmah delete her facebook account and changer her personal telephone number and leave aviation job for Prince Hamzah and they know each other from 3 months before they marry :
Google Translate

Like my friend Stella say , the google translator is not very good for translating articles from arabic to english :ermm:

I didn't realize she left her job,
why is that?

Back
Top Bottom