The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah's Brothers

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Me neither, but I just had a look at the wedding thread, and the public opinion in Amman seems to be negative indeed. They even talk about an arrangement now. Don't know, perhaps all this will fade away soon, their marriage is quite fresh after all.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Nobility

No no! not negative AT ALL!!! She's Jordanian, they actually married a Jordanian for the first time since Prince MUhammad Married Taghreed. So in general Jordanians are indeed happy about the idea of marrying a Jordanian, but I think it has more depth to it. Jordan is rather a complicated society :)

Old 02-11-2012, 05:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I see your point Amoula, but some people have already implied that this might not be a 100% love match, right? This doesn't sound pleasant to romantic ears, like ours.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
I see your point Amoula, but some people have already implied that this might not be a 100% love match, right? This doesn't sound pleasant to romantic ears, like ours.
Hmmm, I don't know, but I would assume Hamzah is rather realistic than emotional. She's Jordanian, westernized, from the north (unlike Taghreed Majali who's from the south), shares the same interests as his, mature (since she's yet older than he is), doesn't seem like the type that cares for looks and trends, her father left Jordan long time ago, they are considered a part of the Otoum family (when in reality her grandfather wasn't considered as such), they are well off, not too rich yet above moderate, they hardly have any influence (politically saying, so they won't be influential like the Majali's ), so it is a PERFECT match! Politics, politics and politics!!!!
Old 02-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Wait, I'm even more confused now... So, Hamzah prefers his wife's family and tribe NOT to be influential and NOT to offer him political support? I thought it should have been the other way round.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Wait, I'm even more confused now... So, Hamzah prefers his wife's family and tribe NOT to be influential and NOT to offer him political support? I thought it should have been the other way round.
It's a win win situations... A Jordanian tribe, but not very influential like the Majali's who have become all over Jordan in the most important and strategic positions (this itself could also be a threat to them) ...So he gets the benefit of marrying a local (who doesn't have a great influential tribe, who could cause them headache)...

Noor, politics in Jordan is interesting not everyone can understand it, it's a tribal complicated society.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you Amoula, it's all clear now. Yes, the political scene down there is rather complicated. Thanks a bunch for the explanation!
Old 02-11-2012, 05:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Thank you Amoula, it's all clear now. Yes, the political scene down there is rather complicated. Thanks a bunch for the explanation!
At the end, this all is an assumption (that most of us in Jordan believe is why he chose Basmah Bani Ahmad as a wife.)
Old 02-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoula View Post
At the end, this all is an assumption (that most of us in Jordan believe is why he chose Basmah Bani Ahmad as a wife.)
Amoula, I've been really shocked with this assumption you talk about... As I've said in Hamzah's and Basmah's Wedding Thread, I thought this time was all about love and attraction and common interests (and not precisely the strategical or political ones...) That's terrible if true... IMO I always have thought he deserves to be happy.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Administrator

Okay enough.

If you make a statement regarding Hazmah motives, whether or not he is in love with Basmah, political gain, etc. you need to provide documentation to support such a statement. If you can't than stop because at this point you are just speculating.

Any and all additional posts will be deleted without notice. Any questions and/or comments should be directed to the Jordan mods via Private Message.

Old 02-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzg View Post
Her sister veyr Beautiful
see what she write in her sister wedding

Meeting IRL,almost at the 2 hour mark and no signs of leaving...any joiners?
she look like princess basma
yes I read that in twitter agree with you Burzg she look like her sister but her brother seems very weird
Old 02-12-2012, 12:19 AM
Aristocracy

the brother nader may seem strange, but he is artist. who can account for artistic talent?! i missed something i think, someone talks about an interview. is there a link to this? and i do not know about the older brother bassam. sorry.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:36 AM
Commoner

hello stella! yes the video is on the internet but was removed on several blogs because people commented on the way she was dressed. you can find it on easily.
Zonk, people have opinions about Basma because she married one of our Princes. as they did with any royalty. the opinion i was asked to give was what i heard in Amman, which was mainly negative. but in no way was i implying that being western is bad, infact that's good thing. the point is she knew she was being recorded but doesn't understand how Jordanians dress. this means she's not bad, just not knowing our culture. we go to work and we cannot dress in such a way. so the point is she is more western. but her sister looked professional the picture. people view this without saying anything about her character, but we know that prince Hamza is religious and princess Noor his first wife who was Jordanian but lived in the west always dressed conservative. thank you for your comment Noormeanslight :)
Old 02-12-2012, 05:37 AM
Commoner

what do her parents work?
Old 02-12-2012, 10:10 AM
Aristocracy

ah, THAT video. thank you for clarifying. when 'interview' was mentioned, i thought there was another one that i had not seen. :)
Old 02-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Aristocracy

Seems to be like an interesting girl. Through a bit plain but I'm sure that will change because to me it seems she has the potential to be quite beautiful. And also her appearance is hardly important, it's her personality that matters. I hope the two of them will have a long and happy marriage. Also it's nice one of them once married a Jordanian girl. I'm new in this world and don't know alot yet. But it was a very long time one of them married a real Jordanian girl ( so not a girl originally from Palestine). Actually how many and who of the wives has Jordanian ancestry?
Old 02-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Aristocracy

i have a question for you all. the daughter, princess haya, where is she in all of this? does she live with her mother? she is so cute.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Serene Highness

No, I believe she lives in Jordan with her dad. That is what I heard recently... Yes she is adorable, she looks like her mommy
Old 02-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Aristocracy

what a beautiful child!!!! i saw a photo of her with flowers in her hair, and she just looks exactly like a little princess from a story book!!
Old 02-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Serene Highness

I think the picture you saw for her was taken at Prince Rashid's wedding.