The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah's Brothers

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 02-09-2012, 05:11 PM
stella1971's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: montreal, Canada
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
Thank you both for the article and the additional pictures!! Basmah seems like a very dynamic and active woman, which means that Hamzy went from the silent plain () doormat to the masculine Super Woman, whoah that was quite the change!!!!
most definintely - she is all that and more! athletic though, not 'masculine'.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 02-09-2012, 05:17 PM
NoorMeansLight's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by stella1971 View Post
most definintely - she is all that and more! athletic though, not 'masculine'.

Sure. Athletic, energetic and all that. She must be very fascinating for a guy to have around. I guess my point was: Hamzah had the opportunity to choose the woman that would become his 2nd wife and look! He went for the extreme opposite compared to his first (boring, but hey, I'm a princess) wife!!
__________________

__________________
With passion and poetry...
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 02-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,261
^^^^^
Dynamic + active = masculine????
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 02-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: toronto, Canada
Posts: 248
I'm really looking forward to see what kind of causes she might pursue.It seems to me that she will be dynamic and a new breed of royal much as Rania is.She seems confident and this will help her to adjust to her new role.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 02-09-2012, 07:31 PM
stella1971's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: montreal, Canada
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
Sure. Athletic, energetic and all that. She must be very fascinating for a guy to have around. I guess my point was: Hamzah had the opportunity to choose the woman that would become his 2nd wife and look! He went for the extreme opposite compared to his first (boring, but hey, I'm a princess) wife!!
precisely! lucky man! xo
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 02-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,142
Frankly, this masculine thing is bothering me. I have seen masculine women in person and in the movies/magazines/songs, etc. She is not masculine but rather has angular features.

And I for one, find it rather sad, that in 2012 women are being measured as a suitable bride for a Prince (heck any male) solely on one's looks. She flies planes! She is a trendsetter for her gender! But really it doesnt' matter if she is a pilot, a teacher, sales person or waitress. She should be judged by the content of her character and not just by her looks. And thank goodness, that Hazmah realized that. They might challenge each other, have good conversation, share similiar interests/goals, etc. We have no way of knowing why it clicked for them. But it appears that it did.

Now certainly everyone is entitlted to their opinion about looks, and what makes someone a suitable partner. What is important to you might not be important to me and vice versa. We can all have different ideas about that. But looks arent' everything. You can be the most beautiful person in the world on the outside and in the inside be as unattractive as possible. For some beauty fades, but the kindness you have for others (and how you treat them), how you carry yourself and having good character traits ----that is timeless.

-----------

So back on topic. Does Basmah have any siblings?
__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 02-09-2012, 09:32 PM
stella1971's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: montreal, Canada
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Frankly, this masculine thing is bothering me. I have seen masculine women in person and in the movies/magazines/songs, etc. She is not masculine but rather has angular features.

And I for one, find it rather sad, that in 2012 women are being measured as a suitable bride for a Prince (heck any male) solely on one's looks. She flies planes! She is a trendsetter for her gender! But really it doesnt' matter if she is a pilot, a teacher, sales person or waitress. She should be judged by the content of her character and not just by her looks. And thank goodness, that Hazmah realized that. They might challenge each other, have good conversation, share similiar interests/goals, etc. We have no way of knowing why it clicked for them. But it appears that it did.

Now certainly everyone is entitlted to their opinion about looks, and what makes someone a suitable partner. What is important to you might not be important to me and vice versa. We can all have different ideas about that. But looks arent' everything. You can be the most beautiful person in the world on the outside and in the inside be as unattractive as possible. For some beauty fades, but the kindness you have for others (and how you treat them), how you carry yourself and having good character traits ----that is timeless.

-----------

So back on topic. Does Basmah have any siblings?
she hs 2 brothers, bassam, and nader, and a sister yasmeen. all of whom live in canada and thank you for your comments.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 02-10-2012, 08:20 AM
NoorMeansLight's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
^^^^^
Dynamic + active = masculine????

Nope! Not necessarily. Let me clarify my point a bit, for all of you to see that it wasn't a negative comment: I have seen in the videos Basmah's upper arms and legs and they seem a bit masculine or well toned, if you like. I used to be like that until 25, then I gained a bit weight and my body has been a bit fuller & curvy ever since. Being 'masculine' as a woman, meaning looking athletic, some parts of the body having visible muscles in other words, doesn't mean you're not feminine or attractive. Besides, being feminine and sweet has to do with the attitude towards the man, not the body itself. Hope this helps.

Zonk, excellent post and wonderfully put! We can never know how or why it 'clicked' for them or for any other couple. It's just that magical moment that comes, usually when none of the two expects it. From then on things take a natural course. The important thing is that there seems to be much love and affection between Hamzah & Basmah, whereas Hamzah & Noor looked like brother & sister to me (judging by their body language in the various pics over the years, this isn't something I can prove, just an observation and opinion, ok? ).

Very interesting conversation so far, thank you all!
__________________
With passion and poetry...
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 02-10-2012, 10:40 AM
stella1971's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: montreal, Canada
Posts: 230
search google images for 'yasmen hasan' the first photo that should come up is a picture of princess basmah's sister (dark suit - hand on her chin) (i don't know how to upload photo to this site) here islink to a photo of her brother, canadian artist: Nader Hasan | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 02-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ***, Canada
Posts: 1,179
Here is a picture of her sister. (yasmen hasan) Yasmen looks nicer than her sister. IMO.

Redirect Notice

Here is another picture for her brother. Nader Hasan.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=nader...1t:429,r:0,s:0
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 02-11-2012, 02:19 AM
Burzg's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: ---, United States
Posts: 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by life84 View Post
Here is a picture of her sister. (yasmen hasan) Yasmen looks nicer than her sister. IMO.

Redirect Notice

Here is another picture for her brother. Nader Hasan.

Redirect Notice
Her sister veyr Beautiful
see what she write in her sister wedding
Quote:
Blessing to the marriage of my sis Princess Basmah and Prince Hamzah. May God bless them always.
Quote:
Many blessings and thanks to the graceful, elegant @queenrania and ever radiant @queennoor. God bless all your family and all of Jordan.

http://yfrog.com/ke7rncj
she look like princess basma
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 02-11-2012, 03:21 AM
salma's Avatar
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: ---, Portugal
Posts: 8,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by stella1971 View Post
search google images for 'yasmen hasan' the first photo that should come up is a picture of princess basmah's sister (dark suit - hand on her chin) (i don't know how to upload photo to this site) here islink to a photo of her brother, canadian artist: Nader Hasan | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Thanks Stella for all info. Are her sisters or her brother older than her? Are they married?
and do you know what are the names of Princess Basma´s parents?
__________________
TRF BLOG
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 02-11-2012, 04:00 AM
Burzg's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: ---, United States
Posts: 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
Thanks Stella for all info. Are her sisters or her brother older than her? Are they married?
and do you know what are the names of Princess Basma´s parents?
her Father name is Mahmoud Hassan bani Ahmad al Atoum
Stella , what her Mother name ?

she have 2 brothers & 1 sister

Bassam , Nader and Yesmeen

and here in Marriage part in wikipedia they write
Quote:
On 12 January 2012, the Royal Jordanian Court announced Prince Hamzah's marriage to Basmah Bani Ahmad Al Atoum, The marriage ceremony was held at Princess Basma's grandfather's house in Amman.
..................................The official ceremony is yet to come.
Stella , you know what this ?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 02-11-2012, 10:07 AM
NoorMeansLight's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,914
Yasmeen is a very pretty lady, like her sister Basmah, and their brother seems to be a very gifted artist/photographer. Thank you all for sharing the above links!!
__________________
With passion and poetry...
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 02-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Amman, Jordan
Posts: 35
hello Noormeanslight i can't do the quote yet still learning!
I thinbk that the new princess and her family are more canadian western, .her sister looks professional.many noticed in the video Princess Basma is wearing open vest top and can see her bra strap and she knew it was being recorded. it's not professional in any place or conservative like our culture. Prince hamza is religious so it is strange. the article is old, maybe we will see more.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 02-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahliah View Post
hello Noormeanslight i can't do the quote yet still learning!
I thinbk that the new princess and her family are more canadian western, .her sister looks professional.many noticed in the video Princess Basma is wearing open vest top and can see her bra strap and she knew it was being recorded. it's not professional in any place or conservative like our culture. Prince hamza is religious so it is strange. the article is old, maybe we will see more.
Perhaps she knew it was being recorded and wasn't aware that her undergarments where being shown? It has happened to the best of us. Now I am certainly not trying to down play or disregard her religion or culture, but seriously do have proof that this was done on purpose?

I do think however, that some have an agenda against Basmah and that isn't cool. You don't have to like her but let's not pick up little nuances and make a big deal out of it. Sometimes accidents happen. Unless you have specific proof that this was done on purpose and gives hindsight to her character, I suggest we move on.
__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 02-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Amoula's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzg View Post
Her sister veyr Beautiful
see what she write in her sister wedding



Meeting IRL,almost at the 2 hour mark and no signs of leaving...any joiners?
she look like princess basma
I don't really think this is Basmah's sister, Yasmine got Married to a Jordanian, a few years ago.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 02-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Amoula's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 295
I take that last post back, it IS her sister!!! What happened to hubby though o_O
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 02-11-2012, 03:22 PM
NoorMeansLight's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,914
Good evening to all!

Dahliah, thank you for your contribution! Yes, apparently to many Jordanians Basmah may seem airy and more western, it was expected.

Zonk, I had asked from Dahliah to come back and report the 'atmosphere' in Amman regarding the new bride. How people see her, what do they say about her, not certain facts about her.
__________________
With passion and poetry...
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 02-11-2012, 03:42 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,142
That's all well and good but the last post that I was referencing made an inference to Basmah's character (in not a good way) based on her interview. In addition, negative inferences were made regarding Basmah and Hazmah before someone was asked to get a feeling on the astomsphere in Jordan.

Now the question becomes ....is this judgement call on westerner's or just Basmah? And are we suggesting by this reference that ALL Jordanians have a slightly negative opinion of Basmah based on what happened in this interview or because she was raised in the West? I don't think one person can speak on behalf of all Jordanians.
__________________

__________________
.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary current events diana duchess of cambridge fashion dutch royal history engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg infanta cristina infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander olympic games ottoman palace pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince floris prince frederik prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit sweden wedding william winter olympics 2014


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:57 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]