Princess Rym gives birth to baby girl - Princess Jalilah: September 16, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lindy80 said:
She had a girl, named Jalilah.

Who had a girl, Rym? If so, when and what source?

is it true rym has a babygirl? tell me please as soon as possible

mybags said:
Who had a girl, Rym? If so, when and what source?

OH MY GOD ITS TRUE!!

ALF ALF MILLION MABROUK ABU EL SHABAAAAAAAAAAAAAB!
leleleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh
Tetraba b3ezak ya rub :)

http://www.alrai.com/pages.php?news_id=52964

WHo's she named after? why jalilah , not Alia for example?

Last edited by a moderator:
They did have the baby? I couldn't read Arabic so I didn't know what to make of that one link lol. Yay!

lil Monkey said:

Thanks for this...but those of us who can't read arabic don't have a clue to what it says. Could someone please translate. Thank you.

I just checked the Jordanian Times...I didn't find any type of confirmation stating Rym had given birth. Since some members were saying that it would be mentioned once the baby was born, I assumed JT would have had some sort of written article about it, if only to just state that PA and PR had become parents...I'm going to see if I can find it elsewhere.

Congratulations to the couple ...machaa allah :)

Congratulations to the couple:)
Im not sure I like the name Jalilah though. It sounds like an old woman's name to me. But that doesnt matter. Its what makes the parents happy thats important.
What time was the baby born? was it today (friday)?
I havent seen any news items on the birth on Petra or Jordan Times. But that could be because these sites dont get updated late during the day. We might see some pictures tomorrow. That is, if the couple choose to share them.

I can't give any congratulations yet since I didn't find any mentioning of Rym and Ali having their baby. The info I found only talked about the engagement and wedding. No mention of a pregnancy, but we know that she is or was pregnant. No mention of her giving birth. However, I did find that there were several princesses of the Hashemite family with the name Jalilah, but they are deceased. However, should this be true, their daughter's name is spelled similarly to my own daughter's name, Kamilah. I wonder if it's pronounced the same?

Last edited:
It would be helpful if someone could translate the Arabic article. A lot of us dont understand Arabic so those of you who do could atleast provide us with a summary if not a word-for-word translation. Its the courteous thing to do.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
It would be helpful if someone could translate the Arabic article. A lot of us dont understand Arabic so those of you who do could atleast provide us with a summary if not a word-for-word translation. Its the courteous thing to do.

sorry about the translation :)

the Hashemite monarchist to announces that His Highness the prince ali and her Highness the princess rym have from yesterday friday a newborn ,a girl by the name of Jalilah .
the royal cabinet congratulate the prince , the princess and the whole hashemite family about this magnificient news :)

thanx so much Amira:)
though you were'nt obliged to translate since you didnt post the link.
I guess it is true then.
I hope we'll see some pictures tomorrow or in the days to come.

congratulations to them...girls are awesome and I'm glad they had one. I hope she brings herself and them endless happiness, health, luck, and prosperity.

I love her name...very original and beautiful....what does it mean?

-Eliza

This is all I really found:

Jordanian prince, former CNN correspondent have baby girl
First posted 03:39pm (Mla time) Sept 17, 2005
By Agence France-Presse

AMMAN -- Former CNN Iraq correspondent Rym Brahimi, who married Jordanian Prince Ali bin Hussein last year, has given birth to a baby girl, the royal palace announced Saturday.

Baby Jalila was born Friday night.

Rym is the daughter of Lakhdar Brahimi, who has served as United Nations Secretary General Kofi Annan's special envoy to Iraq. She married Ali, a half-brother of King Abdullah II last September.

Both the king and the 30-year-old prince are sons of the late king, Hussein, who had four wives.

Ali is the son of Queen Alia, who died in a helicopter accident in 1977 when he was still a toddler. Abdullah is the son of British-born Toni Gardiner, who became Princess Muna and was later divorced.

HRH Princess Jalilah bint Ali, born 1922 in Mecca, married Sharif Hazim ibn Salim. She died 27th December 1955 in Baghdad.

I guess there already was a Jalilah bint Ali. :) But not from Jordan.

http://uqconnect.net/~zzhsoszy/states/islamic/mecca.html

Congratulations to the couple! :)
elizahawthorne said:

-Eliza
I like the name also. I don't know of any living royals by that name. I read it means "important, exalted" in Arabic.

Congratulations

Congratulations to Prince Ali and Princess Rym on the birth od their daughter Jalilah. :D

Well I guess congratulations are in order after all.:) Looks like I was a whole month off.:eek: :cool:

Last edited:
sommone said:
I can't give any congratulations yet since I didn't find any mentioning of Rym and Ali having their baby. The info I found only talked about the engagement and wedding. No mention of a pregnancy, but we know that she is or was pregnant. No mention of her giving birth. However, I did find that there were several princesses of the Hashemite family with the name Jalilah, but they are deceased. However, should this be true, their daughter's name is spelled similarly to my own daughter's name, Kamilah. I wonder if it's pronounced the same?
it is true,that link said..
the royal court is delighted to announce that Princess Rym al-Ali gave birth to a baby girl and was named Jalilah.
So it's true and confirmed,it's a royal court announcment and it was in all Jlocal newspapers and in Petra too,

Alicky said:
HRH Princess Jalilah bint Ali, born 1922 in Mecca, married Sharif Hazim ibn Salim. She died 27th December 1955 in Baghdad.

I guess there already was a Jalilah bint Ali. :) But not from Jordan.

http://uqconnect.net/~zzhsoszy/states/islamic/mecca.html
this is cool! we first thought it sounded more algerian,the name I mean,wow thank you for the information :)

her name was jalilah bint Ali bin Al-Hussein , that exact same name,wow this is great! It think they id some serious looking in the Hashemite History to have found this name...
I think we will be expecting some pics soon as soon as he king and Queen Arrive in Jordan and go visit Rym.
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Sep/17/946I.htm

elizahawthorne said:
congratulations to them...girls are awesome and I'm glad they had one. I hope she brings herself and them endless happiness, health, luck, and prosperity.

-Eliza

The meanning of the name Jalilah is NOBLE, GREAT :)

closesttoheaven said:
mabruk :D

when was she born?yesterday or today?

yesterday Friday september 16th 2005 :)

Have they decided on a name yet? Oh, congrats!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO PALI & PRYM!!!!

I don't visit the JRF thread very often - but i just wanted to say:

Congratulations and well done on Prince Ali and Princess Rym on the birth of their baby daughter Jalilah.

WHAT A LOVELY NAME!!!!

:eek: :) :p

A reminder to all members: posts must contribute to the thread!!!

Posts containing things like "hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" or "cooooooooooooooooooll" or anything of this sort will be deleted.

Congratulations to the couple! I am a bit surprised about the name, although it is a beautiful one. I thought maybe the baby would be named after PA's mother or even Haya as they seem to be very close

Congratulations to the couple, not too sure about the name but as long as they like it that's what counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom