Prince Hamzah & Princess Basmah Current Events 1, Jan 2012 - Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont belive til it happens like with p. fahdah. to me during the sky dive time she looked like in weird fitted jacket but ramadan pic of them i couldnt tell much from either.:whistling:
Princess Fahdah???? :blink: Skydive Jordan??? Do you mean Princess Basma :D

Princess Fahdah???? :blink: Skydive Jordan??? Do you mean Princess Basma :D

Burzg I think Princess Mahala meant that she will not believe that Princess Basma is pregnant until the good news are announced,
Like when Princess Fahdah appeared in Prince Rashid's wedding and people suggested that she was pregnant she did not believe it until the 3rd baby was announced.

Burzg I think Princess Mahala meant that she will not believe that Princess Basma is pregnant until the good news are announced,
Like when Princess Fahdah appeared in Prince Rashid's wedding and people suggested that she was pregnant she did not believe it until the 3rd baby was announced.
Aaaaahhh :lol: Ok now I understand.

Another album from the event:
Untitled Album | Facebook

i was not attacking YOU dear, i was just upset to know if 'PEOPLE' are saying such things.

Don't be so sensitive, personally I did not imply anything like that. It's simple: I didn't remember that Hamzah & Basmah got married in January, I thought they had married in late 2011 and thus, thought it natural that she could have given birth! It was a misunderstanding, Stella! :flowers:

Guys, thank you all for the lovely updates! :)

Don't be so sensitive, personally I did not imply anything like that. It's simple: I didn't remember that Hamzah & Basmah got married in January, I thought they had married in late 2011 and thus, thought it natural that she could have given birth! It was a misunderstanding, Stella! :flowers:

Guys, thank you all for the lovely updates! :)

Not a problem. haha. when we just type the information, one cannot see the person typing and the the meaning of words is lost, it's all good. have a wonderful day. :flowers:

Nov. 14th, 2012 Prince Hamzah's tweet for the ceremony of King Hussein's Birthday in which he used a famous quote from a famous poet Abu Firas Al Hamdani

https://twitter.com/HamzahHKJ/status/268818053314273280

سيذكرني قومي إذا جد جدهم ، و في الليلة الظلماء يفتقد البدر. رحم الله الحسين بن طلال.

Please translate :)

^^^^^
Interesting article. I think it unlikely to happen but it is certainly a cautionary tale for Abdullah and Rania. Possibly more likely for Abdullah to replace his queen than for him to be replaced by his half brother.

^^^^^
Interesting article. I think it unlikely to happen but it is certainly a cautionary tale for Abdullah and Rania. Possibly more likely for Abdullah to replace his queen than for him to be replaced by his half brother.

what a thought! i never thought of that before!!

Nov. 14th, 2012 Prince Hamzah's tweet for the ceremony of King Hussein's Birthday in which he used a famous quote from a famous poet Abu Firas Al Hamdani

https://twitter.com/HamzahHKJ/status/268818053314273280

Please translate :)

this is my attempt in translating this verse, please note that I am not a professional translator:
My people will remember me when the hard times come, like a full moon missed in the dark nights ..
God Bless Al-hussein bin Talal's soul.

and yes I think prince Hamzah has made a bold statement in this tweet.

Last edited:
this is my attempt in translating this verse, please note that I am not a professional translator:
My people will remember me when the hard times come, like a full moon missed in the dark nights ..

Thx for the transalation. Interesting verse.

Very interesting indeed! Here is a counterpoint to the New York Times article from a blogger. Most interestingly, the author of the blog got a response from the author of the NYT article, and the blogger speculates that lobbying by Queen Noor's people was a possible source of the article. I found it an interesting read!!

Sorry about the bad language in the title. :( Unfortunately it detracts from the validity of the author's points, and the fact that he has spoken with protesters, and journalists from Amman...

Jordan’s Protesters Want Hamzah as King. I call Bullshit. « Troy Carter

Very interesting indeed! Here is a counterpoint to the New York Times article from a blogger. Most interestingly, the author of the blog got a response from the author of the NYT article, and the blogger speculates that lobbying by Queen Noor's people was a possible source of the article. I found it an interesting read!!

Sorry about the bad language in the title. :( Unfortunately it detracts from the validity of the author's points, and the fact that he has spoken with protesters, and journalists from Amman...

Jordan’s Protesters Want Hamzah as King. I call Bull****. « Troy Carter
:ohmy: How they let him use abusive language??

I know! It's too bad. :ermm: But while the author seems to be a legitimate journalist this is his private blog, so he can use whatever words he wants. It makes it look unprofessional. I almost didn't post the link because of it but the article itself was interesting, particularly the thought that maybe Queen Noor is working behind the scenes. I actually read another blog that said the exact same thing, the author knows people in the American government who state that the Queen is lobbying for support of her son as a possible replacement. Anyway, I obviously don't know if it is really true or not. Time will certainly tell...

Last edited:
I know! It's too bad. :ermm: But while the author is a legitimate journalist this is his private blog, so he can use whatever words he wants. It makes it look unprofessional. I almost didn't post the link because of it but the article itself was interesting, particularly the thought that maybe Queen Noor is working behind the scenes. I actually read another blog that said the exact same thing, the author knows people in the American government who state that the Queen is lobbying for support of her son as a possible replacement. Anyway, I obviously don't know if it is really true or not. Time will certainly tell...
Ah! I know aware it's blog, I thought it's a newspaper site. But still, if he is publishing these things so people can read them, he must not use abusive language, and he dont live in jordan to decide if it is ( the bad word he used) or not.

Is this the same Troy Carter who was/is editor of a student journal at the American University of Beruit?

Jordan Protesters Dream of Shift to King’s Brother

Jordan Protesters Dream of Shift to Prince Hamzah - NYTimes.com

I have read that article and I found it a bit amateur. I dont know why a newspaper like NYT would patronize something like that. Actually the main point of the protesters, according to the article itself, is the withdrawl of subsidies and large scale liberalisation of economy. Replacement of KA by Hamza is not at all a solution for that. Any progressive ruler has to go through these things if the want to promote democracy and free trade relations with other countries. It will only help the economy in a long run, but there will always be protests initially. It happens in every country.
It is common for conservatives, nobles and all that breed to oppose any change, even progressive.
Actually they are bringing Hamza's name not out of love for him or his father, but to cause discomfort to Abdullah.Everyone including those two men must be knowing these well. It happens in every country. It is the foundation of politics.
I was wondering will it affect personal relations among them. Will Prince Hamzah maintain much lower profile for some time now?

I thought the NYTimes article was interesting at first, but as I thought more about it, I realized what was said didn't make much sense.

What sort of reputation does Prince Hamzah have in Jordan to make people think he'll be better than the King? As I understand, he has a very low profile and does public events from time to time. Not much to gain the attention of the average Jordanian.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Queen Noor is working behind the scenes to get Hamzah on the throne. If its true, she's only causing more trouble for herself. I know she likes to portray herself as a shy, modest woman, but there are many reports to the contrary. If she is trying to remove Abdullah from the throne, maybe it has to do with the rumors that she and her stepson do not get along at all?

This was very touching and a great thing to do in memory of his loved father!

thanks for translated tweet! and i agree that is such bold statement for this time.

about the article its nothing new for people to talk about a shift to ph ive only been following jrf for few years and even ive heard this. i think jordanian people realy love prince hamzah and are never forgeting how he is like his father who wanted him as cp one day. but i dont think its fair for people to always blame anything to do with hamzah on his mother. the ones who have not liked queen noor from begining never will and will keep finding reasons to throw her in some scandal.

activists were planning to hold up pictures of Hamzah and the other princes at protests to suggest intrafamily change
- DAVID D. KIRKPATRICK

i wonder what other princes they were talking of has anyone seen this is in articles/pics anywhere? this has a lot to do with "natives" felling in a minority to palestinian in region, which there image of qranias didnt help much but rememerb when qnoor in her time wasnt too accepted either then she put more effort then rania has to downplay her "glamorous" image.

Last edited:
the article it's an intersting read,but I can't keep myself from thinking what Hamzah can do better than Abdullah?
it may be a question of popularity among Jordanians I always wondred how popular King Abdullah is in Jordan it seems that Hamzah have more support in this area....no?

Last edited:
i dont know but dont think its a rather big group lobby for hamzah but, in my little opinion ;), people see a mirror of hussein in ph and maby see him as more "native". again these are likely the same ones that dislike rania for her roots. I dont think people have a true idea of anything hamzah could/would do better. jordan looks like hard place for anyone to govern with palestinian issues, religion, debt, jobs, youth... not easy to balance everything and ka had done just enough to keep people quite by finding short fixes to major problems.

Last edited:
Enough with the speculation.

Lets stay on topic..the current events of Hamzah and Basmah
....this thread isn't about Abdullah, Rania, or Noor.

Last edited:
Ammoun News: Prince Hamzah does not have a twitter account !
But It's verified !!! :ermm:

Last edited:
Thank you for this info LipGloss :) ,, I just was thought that his privet account :-(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom