Prince Hamzah & Princess Basmah Current Events 1, Jan 2012 - Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its great seeing her on her first solo engagement soon after the wedding. I hope she has an active role in Jordan.
Re the hijab, I don't mind how she wears it but she can wear nicer scarfs.

I shop at a market frequented by ladies wearing hijab. It seems as though the 40+ year olds are wearing the traditional and the young women are wearing the modern. I don't know the rules very well, but it is something I noticed. Most of the children and up to about 13 year old girls are dressed purely Western. What is the median age where a young woman makes a decision?

I shop at a market frequented by ladies wearing hijab. It seems as though the 40+ year olds are wearing the traditional and the young women are wearing the modern. I don't know the rules very well, but it is something I noticed. Most of the children and up to about 13 year old girls are dressed purely Western. What is the median age where a young woman makes a decision?

It depends on society itself, in some societies women usually start to wear it after they get married, some others after their 40s or 50s, while in some strict ones they do it in once they become teenagers ..

Is prince Hamzah as religious as prince Hashim?!

Last edited:

KittyAtlanta, there is no such a thing called traditional Hijab or modern Hijab. Hijab is Hijab, it means you cover your hair, neck, ears, and you don't show the features of your body. If Basma is wearing Hijab then this is such a stupid act by basma, and I would say she is ignorant. Because she is insulting the religion by doing that. But if this is her style then she can do whatever she wants. :D

It depends on society itself, in some societies women usually start to wear it after they get married, some others after their 40s or 50s, while in some strict ones they do it in once they become teenagers ..

LipGloss, it has nothing to do with society, Islam is a religion and whoever is presenting that religion throw clothes should respect it. Hamza is more religious than Hashim :D

wow hijab!lol !prince hamzah often grows his beard then shaves it which means he is not as religious as Prince Hashem and his conservative wife who stays away from public.I don't know if people dislike her but since they married all the information I thought made her a good match is wrong. people said she was 26,a jordanian who bacme a pilot so young and that she was liberal etc. fact is she is 33 canadian (her father immigrated as a teenager to Canada where she was born and raised).she also worked for the royal avaition chaired by her now husband.the marriage was rushed with rumours of no love story.in the video i thought she would be a new kind of princess, but seems not.lets hope they don't rush other steps. we have to wait and see but why are people posting about a divorce! give them a chance. :p

KittyAtlanta, there is no such a thing called traditional Hijab or modern Hijab. Hijab is Hijab, it means you cover your hair, neck, ears, and you don't show the features of your body. If Basma is wearing Hijab then this is such a stupid act by basma, and I would say she is ignorant. Because she is insulting the religion by doing that. But if this is her style then she can do whatever she wants. :D

Perhaps Prince Hamzah made her wear the veil-hijab.he seems to want people to know how religious he is.Hashem and Fahdah are private and subtle, which I respect. like I said a million times Basma is not very aware of our culture. this was shown in the way she spoke and dressed in the video. hopefully they will not assume that by just wearing a scarf they make it seem like this is an opkay veil. that would be shallow. but kitty may not know the culture so she asked a valid question:), as for sure wearing tight jeans no this isn't part if the veil. I agee she should do what she wants but properly

I am not against what Kitty said, I just explained that we have nothing like traditional Hijab and modern Hijab. I agree that basma is not aware of her culture since she was born and raised outside Jordan.
No, hamza is not stupid to ask his wife to wear veil while he knows that this is not the proper way to wear Hijab. I say she is not wearing Hijab, she is trying to find a style for her since she is not that pretty to attract people. she wore tight jeans before and in one of the videos she was wearing sleeveless top. :D

I doubt that she wears hijab because of Hamzah. Additionally, we know that Hamzah seems to be quite religious, but honestly, I don't think Hashem has been in the limelight as much for us to even know if he is any less religious.

My personal opinion is that wearing hijab is not all that easy to do, and if she is in fact taking steps toward doing that, I commend her for it.

Prince Hamzah 27/4/2012

Attachments

• 1634710502678135432.jpg
    1634710502678135432.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 312
  • fghjk.jpg
    fghjk.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 831
Last edited:
Yes I agree with you Rossina, she has to wear properly or not wear it at all. :D and she needs to put some make up.. :D

strange that you think she should wear it properly and yet also apply makeup? i do not understand.

wow hijab!lol !prince hamzah often grows his beard then shaves it which means he is not as religious as Prince Hashem and his conservative wife who stays away from public.I don't know if people dislike her but since they married all the information I thought made her a good match is wrong. people said she was 26,a jordanian who bacme a pilot so young and that she was liberal etc. fact is she is 33 canadian (her father immigrated as a teenager to Canada where she was born and raised).she also worked for the royal avaition chaired by her now husband.the marriage was rushed with rumours of no love story.in the video i thought she would be a new kind of princess, but seems not.lets hope they don't rush other steps. we have to wait and see but why are people posting about a divorce! give them a chance. :p
wow! you cut to the chase. i think she is a new kind of princess. and i have not seen posting of divorce! sad how people think. she has a beautiful spirit which one can see from her smile, and i think we should all take that as a wonderful sign. look at the happiness you see when they look at each other. she is new at this, so let's give her a chance!!! :flowers:

I am not against what Kitty said, I just explained that we have nothing like traditional Hijab and modern Hijab. I agree that basma is not aware of her culture since she was born and raised outside Jordan.
No, hamza is not stupid to ask his wife to wear veil while he knows that this is not the proper way to wear Hijab. I say she is not wearing Hijab, she is trying to find a style for her since she is not that pretty to attract people. she wore tight jeans before and in one of the videos she was wearing sleeveless top. :D
perhaps she is trying to respect those she was with to make them more comfortable. people rail upon queen rania for not covering her hair. this may be a way for basmah to show her respect for the situation.... as they say... Before criticizing a (woman), walk a mile in (her) shoes. we can not know what was behind this decision. look at the covering she had in the other photo - the beautiful scarf - i am sure if she has something pretty available, she would have used that. i know that you and i wish people would be kind....:flowers:

;) Thanks Sana for the lovely photos,
It is always lovely to see Prince Hamzah
I'm glad we get to see him more often those days,

LipGloss, it has nothing to do with society, Islam is a religion and whoever is presenting that religion throw clothes should respect it. Hamza is more religious than Hashim

Well said my dear, and Thanks for clarification :flowers:

:) nice pics of her out but the grey suit is boring lol. i think countress77 say shes 33 then p. basma old enough to knows what shes doing/wearing and you dont have to be form mid east country to know this cultures or religion. :ermm: to me she looks like p. fahada at rashids wedding or shk. moza i think. but who knows this is not her style forever.

also nice to see queen noor supporting her new daughter in law :D.

there is no stages for a Hijab. u wear it or u don't. Also in Islam it is very unreligious to try to appear what u are not. before her marriage Basma wore open clothes and she has a reputation of being outgoing and western. In 3 month u don't change and wear veil. sorry but this is just a show especially she is doing this not properly in tight clothes. this is wrong step from Prince Hamzah.

It is everyone's right to practice religion in a way that feels right for them, let us not talk about how perfect things should be and talk about reality, a lot of girls in our society don't wear Hijab perfectly at the beginning and then they take steps into wearing longer shirts and looser clothes and so on.. so maybe princess Basmah is doing the same it is not an easy transition from a sleeveless top into a head cover,
:whistling: atleast she's not showing some hair like Shekha mozah and Princess Fahdah..
so let us not jump into conclusions because there's a chance that she's wearing it to distinguish her self not to wear an actual Islamic Hijab!
Note: :ermm: if she's doing it for the 2nd reason, :ermm: hope she changes it soon because it is not that stylish IMO

he became so active after he married
so happy to see him every day in different events :))

Prince Hamzah is the son of Queen Noor, no? So his mother never worn veil. Queen Ranja also does not wear one, out of the religious events of course. Jordan is a very open country, other women are covered, other are not, but both are free to their choice, I think. So we can not say that Pcs Basmah is obliged by anyone (not even her husband) to wear it, it is her own choice, and consequently it seems strange that suddently she made this choice, unless she had suddenly followed some religious courses.
Understand that she has been raised in Canada, so she is muslim, but maybe "only in name" not praticant, and now she studied Coran and decided to cover her head. Might be so??

Last edited:
strange that you think she should wear it properly and yet also apply makeup? i do not understand.

Wearing Hijab does not mean she cannot put a very light make up to look fresh and not pale. :flowers: I am not saying that she needs to put Haifa Wehbeh's make up but as you see in her photo her face looks pale.

there is no stages for a Hijab. u wear it or u don't. Also in Islam it is very unreligious to try to appear what u are not. before her marriage Basma wore open clothes and she has a reputation of being outgoing and western. In 3 month u don't change and wear veil. sorry but this is just a show especially she is doing this not properly in tight clothes. this is wrong step from Prince Hamzah.

I agree with you, this is not right. Basma should either respect the religion and wear the Hijab properly with No tight clothes or she should go out without it. Unless she is trying to get the Jordanian's attention by putting a scarf like this. Well, if that what she is trying to do then she will lose big time. :flowers:

Thank you, LipGloss. Perhaps my use of "modern" was incorrect. What I meant was Western.

perhaps she is trying to respect those she was with to make them more comfortable. people rail upon queen rania for not covering her hair. this may be a way for basmah to show her respect for the situation.... as they say... Before criticizing a (woman), walk a mile in (her) shoes. we can not know what was behind this decision. look at the covering she had in the other photo - the beautiful scarf - i am sure if she has something pretty available, she would have used that. i know that you and i wish people would be kind....:flowers:

No stella1971 let's not put those who she was with as an excuse to what she was wearing. I was talking about the scarf, first of all she did not go to a mosque, she was in a medical center. Second thing she should at least show a little bit of her hair so people will understand that she is not insulting Islam. I don't know if you know the people in Jordan but they are conservative. This is a big mistake by her and not gonna say by Hamza because even if hamza asked her to wear, she should learn how to wear it first before she goes out.

I don't hate her, I actually have nothing against her. I wish them both happiness. :flowers: :D

Second thing she should at least show a little bit of her hair so people will understand that she is not insulting Islam. . :flowers: :D

So if she cover all her hair she insults Islam?? I do not understand!

She should show some hair to show that she is wearing it as a style and only that,
being a public figure and wearing Hijab in a way that's not correct can add a negative point against her,
So she should clarify wether she's wearing Hijab or this is just a style thing .. :flowers:

So if she cover all her hair she insults Islam?? I do not understand!

No but by covering her hair and showing her neck, earring and wearing tight clothes she is insulting Islam... She covered her hair but she forgot to cover neck :flowers: When some girl wants to cover she need to cover everything otherwise people will say really bad things about her and the way she was raised :D

Last edited:
She should show some hair to show that she is wearing it as a style and only that,
being a public figure and wearing Hijab in a way that's not correct can add a negative point against her,
So she should clarify wether she's wearing Hijab or this is just a style thing .. :flowers:

Yes, and that is what I am trying to explain in the previous comments I wrote but seems no one is understanding. If she is wearing this as a Hijab then she is insulting Islam and this is against her. If this is her style then she needs to show a little bit of her hair so people will understand that she is being just kinda weird different than the others :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom