The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah's Brothers

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #101  
Old 04-29-2012, 10:45 AM
Sephora's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Luxembourg ville, Luxembourg
Posts: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by life84 View Post
LOL, this is funny that some people consider it as a Hijab, come on guys don't you know how is the Hijab looks like. It is not Hijab for sure, her neck is showing. This is maybe her style. She seems like Reem who does not like to take care of her appearance. More pictures to come and we will see
I believe that nobody has the right to judge others about how they interprate how to wear Hijab, you are talking from your point of view of from of the point of view of some religious, but If you go to Saudia for example, they will tell you Hijab is covering all body and face, and the way you are describing is insulting the how hijab should be....so no need to argue with that; Basma thought doing well by covering her hair , so why you are so fussy about it.
I think nobody needs to give lessons in this matter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma
In January
Wedding of Prince Hamzah & Basmah Bani: January 12, 2012

She born in Canada but her parents are from Jordan
Thank you Salma, I sometimes disappear from TRF and miss some news ;-)

Nice, he married a jordanian, because all jordanian royal marry only foreigners, never jordanian women ;-). Is she from nobility or so?
__________________

__________________
"It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. The short-term happiness and the long term one at the same time, for you and for others will come." Dalaï LAMA
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 04-29-2012, 11:26 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ***, Canada
Posts: 1,174
[QUOTE=Sephora;1405495]I believe that nobody has the right to judge others about how they interprate how to wear Hijab, you are talking from your point of view of from of the point of view of some religious, but If you go to Saudia for example, they will tell you Hijab is covering all body and face, and the way you are describing is insulting the how hijab should be....so no need to argue with that; Basma thought doing well by covering her hair , so why you are so fussy about it.
I think nobody needs to give lessons in this matter...

Oh dear, you should not jump into this if you are gonna talk about Saudi. Saudi Arabia is a strict country anyway, Qur'an said clearly that a Muslim women have to cover their hair and body except hands and face. Now if Saudi Arabia is adding something on top of what Qur'an said then it is their problem. I don't blame you, you probably not Muslim and don't understand what is the religion so don't talk about something you don't know.. Basma is insulting Islam by covering her hair and showing her neck if she is really covered as a Muslim but if this is her style then I am not a fan of this weird style IMO. Oh and she is insulting herself, now people are saying bad, horrible things about her I don't think some people respect her anymore
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 04-29-2012, 11:52 AM
NoorMeansLight's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,055
I feel a bit sorry for her now. Apparently she wasn't prepared for the role and wasn't aware of the Jordanians' notion and way of thinking. Someone has to advise her soon in order to protect herself from any further negative exposure. I wish her well!
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 04-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Sephora's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Luxembourg ville, Luxembourg
Posts: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by life84 View Post
Oh dear, you should not jump into this if you are gonna talk about Saudi. Saudi Arabia is a strict country anyway, Qur'an said clearly that a Muslim women have to cover their hair and body except hands and face. Now if Saudi Arabia is adding something on top of what Qur'an said then it is their problem. I don't blame you, you probably not Muslim and don't understand what is the religion so don't talk about something you don't know.. Basma is insulting Islam by covering her hair and showing her neck if she is really covered as a Muslim but if this is her style then I am not a fan of this weird style IMO. Oh and she is insulting herself, now people are saying bad, horrible things about her I don't think some people respect her anymore
That's very funny and very telling....first you judge Basma, and now you are judging me???...You don't know anything about me, and my religion, and apparently I know more than you about Islam, regarding how you talk and how you permiss yourself to judge people. You are not God to judge people my dear.

I know what's written in Coran about this matter, the word used is "khemar", and religious interpretations differs from covering only hair, arms, neck, to all body....So please don't give yourself the knowldge that you don't have, because you have choosen to follow an interpretation rather than other...

You dear you are harsh and severe regarding Bassma who covered her hair, but you never said a word about the women from the same jordanian family (lebanese, syrians or palestinians) who don't cover any hair , any sleeves and so on...so if you want to use Islam and religion to judge people, use it proprely and equally or leave it....

I think we understood, you don't like Basma for some reason, or because she's jordanian, and you will find on her all the bad things that a woman can have, she's not beautiful and ugly , she's not enough muslim, her marriage is political etc...come on stop it, that's ridiculous!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight
I feel a bit sorry for her now. Apparently she wasn't prepared for the role and wasn't aware of the Jordanians' notion and way of thinking. Someone has to advise her soon in order to protect herself from any further negative exposure. I wish her well!
Don't think so at all...It's only empty fuss...When I think about Rania who lived all her life in arab/muslim countries and knew how they think, and although of that, she exposed herself in bikini and sleeveless dresses...Now I think that jordanians must be thankful to Basma who lived all her life in Western countries and took the initiative to cover her hair as a respect for muslim jordanians, and second because she's the first jordanian commoner woman to be married to a member of the royal family. She's doing a good job, and she's representing good jordanian women.
__________________
"It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. The short-term happiness and the long term one at the same time, for you and for others will come." Dalaï LAMA
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 04-29-2012, 01:26 PM
kitty17's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: BA, Argentina
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora View Post


Don't think so at all...It's only empty fuss...When I think about Rania who lived all her life in arab/muslim countries and knew how they think, and although of that, she exposed herself in bikini and sleeveless dresses...Now I think that jordanians must be thankful to Basma who lived all her life in Western countries and took the initiative to cover her hair as a respect for muslim jordanians, and second because she's the first jordanian commoner woman to be married to a member of the royal family. She's doing a good job, and she's representing good jordanian women.
Edited: I was wrong on my info lol.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 04-29-2012, 01:30 PM
kitty17's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: BA, Argentina
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleio View Post

But, what I have thought reading you all is how hard must be being a new princess, from having a normal life to be in the spotlight. Her first steps as a princess must be respected. We should do as with the politicians or football trainers: to give her "100 days of grace" (I do not know how to say in in English..., excuse me) It's great to be here with you all after a long time!!!! I enjoy reading you!

Burgz, I love your avatar: I had never seen a picture of prince Hamzah playing polo!
IMO, she is choosing to be in the spotlight. She did this well before her marriage, on a much lower level obviously.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 04-29-2012, 01:30 PM
salma's Avatar
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: ---, Portugal
Posts: 10,560
No Kitty we have seen her wearing bikini one and swimsuit.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 04-29-2012, 01:32 PM
kitty17's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: BA, Argentina
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
No Kitty we have seen her wearing bikini one and swimsuit.
I stand corrected then, thanx! The only pic that I remember was the red bathing suit.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 04-29-2012, 01:37 PM
Sephora's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Luxembourg ville, Luxembourg
Posts: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty17 View Post
Correction: Rania has never exposed herself in a bikini! She was wearing a one piece bathing suit in a private vacation.
Sure Rania was in a private vacation, but those photos were taken by paprazzis had showen her wearing a bikini twice (one was green if I recall) on a yacht and an other time wearing a one piece red swimsuit , but she was exposed to other males who are not her "mouhram"(husband, kids, brothers, father, uncle).

For Muslims, a muslim woman doesn't show her skin to other male, and in those pictures, even if they were from a private trip, they showed other males who are friends and yacht stuff, so what you call that, it's not exposition???...I don't care about what Rania did or not, but I am just laughing when I see some people being rude to Basma who covered her hair and not her neck....
__________________
"It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. The short-term happiness and the long term one at the same time, for you and for others will come." Dalaï LAMA
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 04-29-2012, 01:44 PM
kitty17's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: BA, Argentina
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
Sure Rania was in a private vacation, but those photos were taken by paprazzis had showen her wearing a bikini twice (one was green if I recall) on a yacht and an other time wearing a one piece red swimsuit , but she was exposed to other males who are not her "mouhram"(husband, kids, brothers, father, uncle).

For Muslims, a muslim woman doesn't show her skin to other male, and in those pictures, even if they were from a private trip, they showed other males who are friends and yacht stuff, so what you call that, it's not exposition???...I don't care about what Rania did or not, but I am just laughing when I see some people being rude to Basma who covered her hair and not her neck....
Like I said in a previous post, I stand corrected
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 04-29-2012, 01:58 PM
salma's Avatar
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: ---, Portugal
Posts: 10,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty17 View Post
I stand corrected then, thanx! The only pic that I remember was the red bathing suit.
Don´t worry As Sephora wrote we have seen her wearing the red suimsuit, and in three times wearing a bikini but she is not the only Jordanian woman royal that we see in swimsuit.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 04-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Sephora's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Luxembourg ville, Luxembourg
Posts: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
Don´t worry As Sephora wrote we have seen her wearing the red suimsuit, and in three times wearing a bikini but she is not the only Jordanian woman royal that we see in swimsuit.
Thank you Salma, I just talked about the example of Rania because she's the Queen of Jordan, and she's more exposed than other royal women, of course I am not judging her it's her business, but in comparison with Basma, it's just unfair that people are extremly rude and unfair towards her, the way she did, she apparently covered her hair from her owm initiative and with good intention thinking of respect for jordanian muslims, but don't believe that there is people who call that isulting Islam!!!!
__________________
"It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. The short-term happiness and the long term one at the same time, for you and for others will come." Dalaï LAMA
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 04-29-2012, 02:30 PM
sheikah deena's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: amman, Jordan
Posts: 1,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
April 19, 2012- Prince Hamzah bin al-Hussein, brother of Jordan's King Abdullah, and his wife Princess Basma are seen after parachuting at Wadi Rum April 19, 2012. Prince Hamzah, the head of Royal Aero Sports Club of Jordan, on Thursday joined sky divers from Jordan and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in a show in Wadi Rum, south Jordan, to promote for the sport in the kingdom.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
hamzah wadi - News, photos, topics, and quotes
Very Very Beautiful Pictures , I Know Too Late To Comment But First Time I see The Pics Before 10 Days I’m Not Log in TRF But I Dosen’t Thought That Much New News , Prince Hamzah He Looks Amazing Sooo Nice Smile He have , Thank you For Posting Salma
__________________
Respect people who find time for you in their busy schedule. But love people who never look at their schedule when you need them.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 04-29-2012, 02:32 PM
sheikah deena's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: amman, Jordan
Posts: 1,983
Is That True Princess Basmah al Hamzah Wearing Hijab ? I Really Surprised
__________________
Respect people who find time for you in their busy schedule. But love people who never look at their schedule when you need them.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 04-29-2012, 02:59 PM
Amoula's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahliah View Post
there is no stages for a Hijab. u wear it or u don't. Also in Islam it is very unreligious to try to appear what u are not. before her marriage Basma wore open clothes and she has a reputation of being outgoing and western. In 3 month u don't change and wear veil. sorry but this is just a show especially she is doing this not properly in tight clothes. this is wrong step from Prince Hamzah.
Agreed! Couldn't have said it better.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 04-29-2012, 03:04 PM
Amoula's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
I feel a bit sorry for her now. Apparently she wasn't prepared for the role and wasn't aware of the Jordanians' notion and way of thinking. Someone has to advise her soon in order to protect herself from any further negative exposure. I wish her well!
She remains Jordanian , not as if she comes from Paris! Don't make me list the family for you,lol,trust me you don't want to know!!!
Now cause she's Hamzah's wife I respect her and admire her for the good deeds she's doing so far, her trying to keep a low profile and look modest is not a bad start as long as she doesn't go "too low" or else it will be obvious they are putting a show to overcome what Jordan is currently going through and all the bashing the RJF is receiving.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 04-29-2012, 03:25 PM
sheikah deena's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: amman, Jordan
Posts: 1,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahliah View Post
there is no stages for a Hijab. u wear it or u don't. Also in Islam it is very unreligious to try to appear what u are not. before her marriage Basma wore open clothes and she has a reputation of being outgoing and western. In 3 month u don't change and wear veil. sorry but this is just a show especially she is doing this not properly in tight clothes. this is wrong step from Prince Hamzah.
Completely Agree With you Dahliah
__________________
Respect people who find time for you in their busy schedule. But love people who never look at their schedule when you need them.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 04-29-2012, 03:37 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: amman, Jordan
Posts: 22
sephora there are many royals who married Jordians! Prince Hamzah's first wife was a Jordanian Princess Noor and so is Princess Alia and Princess Taghreed. Basmah is not the first and she is more canadian, barely speaking arabic. Now for those who think it is fine to mention or even compare her to the other prinesses like Rym or Fahdah we shouldn't forget that these women were already very very accomplished and most of the princesses did great things before they got titles. her job as a pilot doesn;t really contribute to society but is commendable.Princess Zeina is represented Jordan in the olympics and no one feels she is fussing about her achievements. so i feel comparing Basmah to them won't do her justice. as for mentioning queen Rania i have to say that in her own words Basmah said that Rania was her "role model" when she worked for King Abdullah's foundation.her hijab is half hearted not a fashion thing which IMO only means this is an image attempt to get atention at a time when Jordan is going through major political issues. Amoula is right. Basmah is 33, she is older than Prince Hamzah, not from nobility or a big tribe and she worked for the Prince Hamzah club as a pilot.her father immigrated to Canada when he was 18 and we don't know if her mother is Jordanian. they met when there was a rumour he was getting engaged to someone non Jordanian. they had a quick marriage surprising everyone. people are not attacking her they don't know her, but really she is old enough to understand the culture she is trying to be part of.from bikinis and wearing open clothes to work and then suddenly a bad hijab means she is ignorant or feels above tradition.I dont care if Prince Hamzah married a Jordanian or chinese as long as she bothers to learn about the culture. Lets not talk about religion as it is personal & perhaps she will have better luck next time.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 04-29-2012, 03:43 PM
Kleio's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: *, Spain
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty17 View Post
IMO, she is choosing to be in the spotlight. She did this well before her marriage, on a much lower level obviously.
You're right! If she has married a royal, obviously she has to be in the spotlight. What I mean is that we should try to be less hard. Whatever the job you have, when you start it and you are unexperienced you can make mistakes. She was a commoner who has become a royal by marriage, so she has to learn many things and that needs time... As I said, I think she just tries to find her own style and her intention has never been to offend anyone. That's my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 04-29-2012, 03:58 PM
Sephora's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Luxembourg ville, Luxembourg
Posts: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by countess77 View Post
sephora there are many royals who married Jordians! Prince Hamzah's first wife was a Jordanian Princess Noor and so is Princess Alia and Princess Taghreed. Basmah is not the first .
Nour is from royal family, and she's barely 1/4 jordanian, as for Taghreed her father was a prime minister, so I meant this is the first time somebody in the jordanian royal family marries a jordanian commoner, not royal connections or so...

Quote:
for mentioning queen Rania i have to say that in her own words Basmah said that Rania was her "role model" when she worked for King Abdullah's foundation..
Of course she will say it's her role model, do you excpect that she will say she doesn't agree with her in some thing
Also Rania was exposed wearing swimsuits while she was already queen, not Basma who tries to show her respect towards jordanian people's way of thinking. It's like a non muslim who wears scarf when entring in a mosque, it's a form of repect...

Quote:
her hijab is half hearted not a fashion thing which IMO only means this is an image attempt to get atention at a time when Jordan is going through major political issues.
She wore swimsuits and revealant clothes before that's fine, I am not judging her nor Rania, but that she shows goodwill and make efforts to show her respect to jordanian people, I can just encourage her.

Quote:
I dont care if Prince Hamzah married a Jordanian or chinese as long as she bothers to learn about the culture. Lets not talk about religion as it is personal & perhaps she will have better luck next time.
That was not the point, I just said that jordanian must be thankful of her that she's jordanian and making effort to represent them well, because before everybody was saying why jordan royals never marry jordan women, so here's one who's trying to do well, so we must to encourage her.
__________________

__________________
"It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. The short-term happiness and the long term one at the same time, for you and for others will come." Dalaï LAMA
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
prince hamzah, prince hamzah's daughter, princess basmah, princess haya, princess haya hamzah


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Rashid and Princess Zeina: Current Events 1 Humera Royal House of Jordan 50 02-02-2016 06:48 PM
Prince Ali, Princess Rym & Family Current Events 2: August 2008 - October 2010 dazzling Current Events Archive 441 10-31-2010 08:21 PM
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 6: January-October 2007 Mandy Current Events Archive 384 10-31-2007 03:37 PM
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 5: May - December 2006 Mandy Current Events Archive 433 12-19-2006 02:23 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess beatrice hats princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia cocktail dresses queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathilde in jordan queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion royal wedding september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden swedish royal family summer portraits 2016 the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats time travel


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:47 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises