The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-27-2012, 07:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Hamzah is the son of Queen Noor, no? So his mother never worn veil. Queen Ranja also does not wear one, out of the religious events of course. Jordan is a very open country, other women are covered, other are not, but both are free to their choice, I think. So we can not say that Pcs Basmah is obliged by anyone (not even her husband) to wear it, it is her own choice, and consequently it seems strange that suddently she made this choice, unless she had suddenly followed some religious courses.
Understand that she has been raised in Canada, so she is muslim, but maybe "only in name" not praticant, and now she studied Coran and decided to cover her head. Might be so??

Old 04-27-2012, 07:59 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella1971 View Post
strange that you think she should wear it properly and yet also apply makeup? i do not understand.
Wearing Hijab does not mean she cannot put a very light make up to look fresh and not pale. I am not saying that she needs to put Haifa Wehbeh's make up but as you see in her photo her face looks pale.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:06 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahliah View Post
there is no stages for a Hijab. u wear it or u don't. Also in Islam it is very unreligious to try to appear what u are not. before her marriage Basma wore open clothes and she has a reputation of being outgoing and western. In 3 month u don't change and wear veil. sorry but this is just a show especially she is doing this not properly in tight clothes. this is wrong step from Prince Hamzah.
I agree with you, this is not right. Basma should either respect the religion and wear the Hijab properly with No tight clothes or she should go out without it. Unless she is trying to get the Jordanian's attention by putting a scarf like this. Well, if that what she is trying to do then she will lose big time.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LipGloss View Post
It depends on society itself, in some societies women usually start to wear it after they get married, some others after their 40s or 50s, while in some strict ones they do it in once they become teenagers ..

Is prince Hamzah as religious as prince Hashim?!

Thank you, LipGloss. Perhaps my use of "modern" was incorrect. What I meant was Western.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:12 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella1971 View Post
perhaps she is trying to respect those she was with to make them more comfortable. people rail upon queen rania for not covering her hair. this may be a way for basmah to show her respect for the situation.... as they say... Before criticizing a (woman), walk a mile in (her) shoes. we can not know what was behind this decision. look at the covering she had in the other photo - the beautiful scarf - i am sure if she has something pretty available, she would have used that. i know that you and i wish people would be kind....
No stella1971 let's not put those who she was with as an excuse to what she was wearing. I was talking about the scarf, first of all she did not go to a mosque, she was in a medical center. Second thing she should at least show a little bit of her hair so people will understand that she is not insulting Islam. I don't know if you know the people in Jordan but they are conservative. This is a big mistake by her and not gonna say by Hamza because even if hamza asked her to wear, she should learn how to wear it first before she goes out.

I don't hate her, I actually have nothing against her. I wish them both happiness.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by life84 View Post
Second thing she should at least show a little bit of her hair so people will understand that she is not insulting Islam. .
So if she cover all her hair she insults Islam?? I do not understand!
Old 04-27-2012, 09:25 AM
Nobility

She should show some hair to show that she is wearing it as a style and only that,
being a public figure and wearing Hijab in a way that's not correct can add a negative point against her,
So she should clarify wether she's wearing Hijab or this is just a style thing ..
Old 04-27-2012, 11:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sana View Post
Prince Hamzah 27/4/2012
Sana , the event is in April 26 , 2012 not 27/4, pictures in large size:
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 04-27-2012, 02:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
So if she cover all her hair she insults Islam?? I do not understand!
No but by covering her hair and showing her neck, earring and wearing tight clothes she is insulting Islam... She covered her hair but she forgot to cover neck When some girl wants to cover she need to cover everything otherwise people will say really bad things about her and the way she was raised
Old 04-27-2012, 02:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LipGloss View Post
She should show some hair to show that she is wearing it as a style and only that,
being a public figure and wearing Hijab in a way that's not correct can add a negative point against her,
So she should clarify wether she's wearing Hijab or this is just a style thing ..
Yes, and that is what I am trying to explain in the previous comments I wrote but seems no one is understanding. If she is wearing this as a Hijab then she is insulting Islam and this is against her. If this is her style then she needs to show a little bit of her hair so people will understand that she is being just kinda weird different than the others
Old 04-27-2012, 06:39 PM
Nobility

I think she wore the scarf as a fashion accessory and nothing else!
Old 04-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Gentry

i can't found any problem if she wear hijab or not , it's a personal freedom , it's a muslim woman before she be princess .... :)
Old 04-28-2012, 03:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by life84 View Post
No but by covering her hair and showing her neck, earring and wearing tight clothes she is insulting Islam... She covered her hair but she forgot to cover neck When some girl wants to cover she need to cover everything otherwise people will say really bad things about her and the way she was raised
For example: Princess Fahdah wear the hijab correct ; she cover everything but only her hands ; not all her hands show only her fist
Old 04-28-2012, 11:48 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlene View Post
I think she wore the scarf as a fashion accessory and nothing else!
I agree with Marlene, I think she simply wore the scarf as a fashion accessory. I think she was just trying to be stylish (not very succesfully in my opinion) but I am sure her intention was not wearing the hijab. I am sure she has people who can advice her or that can explain to her how to wear correctly a hijab. I think people close to her wouldn't have let her going out with something offensive to Islam.

I think she is just trying to find her own style and never pretended to be offensive.

But, what I have thought reading you all is how hard must be being a new princess, from having a normal life to be in the spotlight. Her first steps as a princess must be respected. We should do as with the politicians or football trainers: to give her "100 days of grace" (I do not know how to say in in English..., excuse me) It's great to be here with you all after a long time!!!! I enjoy reading you!

Burgz, I love your avatar: I had never seen a picture of prince Hamzah playing polo!
Old 04-28-2012, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzg View Post
For example: Princess Fahdah wear the hijab correct ; she cover everything but only her hands ; not all her hands show only her fist
We all saw her pics at prince Rashed`s wedding. Her hair wasn`t fully covered.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleio View Post
I think she was just trying to be stylish

Quite an unfortunate attempt then. I truly doubt that Prince Hamzah opted for a lighter version of Fahdah, so I hope that Basmah will seek professional advice on her 'scarf style' soon!
Old 04-29-2012, 09:30 AM
Aristocracy

can we all please give princess basma a break on what see is wearing on what she is not wearing and how she is wearing it seems to me she is happy in herself and isnt that what matter she should dress for yherself and and no one else i wasnt ware is was the fashion thread
Old 04-29-2012, 09:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Hamzah View Post
can we all please give princess basma a break on what see is wearing on what she is not wearing and how she is wearing it seems to me she is happy in herself and isnt that what matter she should dress for yherself and and no one else i wasnt ware is was the fashion thread

The moderator shall feel free to move our comments to an appropriate fashion thread dedicated to Basmah. But no, I fail to see why we should be silenced. She's a public figure now, a princess, and people have the right to comment on what they see.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:35 AM
Courtier

I think I missed an episode When Prince Hamzah re-married???....From where is Basma?any info where and when they met?
Old 04-29-2012, 09:43 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
I think I missed an episode When Prince Hamzah re-married???....From where is Basma?any info where and when they met?
In January
Wedding of Prince Hamzah & Basmah Bani: January 12, 2012

She born in Canada but her parents are from Jordan

Tags
prince hamzah, prince hamzah's daughter, princess basmah, princess haya, princess haya hamzah