The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah's Brothers

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-26-2012, 05:10 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Its great seeing her on her first solo engagement soon after the wedding. I hope she has an active role in Jordan.
Re the hijab, I don't mind how she wears it but she can wear nicer scarfs.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83 View Post
I think she will always wear it ; modern hijab and modern version of Fahda Hashem
Yes, version in Public and version no.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

I shop at a market frequented by ladies wearing hijab. It seems as though the 40+ year olds are wearing the traditional and the young women are wearing the modern. I don't know the rules very well, but it is something I noticed. Most of the children and up to about 13 year old girls are dressed purely Western. What is the median age where a young woman makes a decision?
Old 04-26-2012, 10:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I shop at a market frequented by ladies wearing hijab. It seems as though the 40+ year olds are wearing the traditional and the young women are wearing the modern. I don't know the rules very well, but it is something I noticed. Most of the children and up to about 13 year old girls are dressed purely Western. What is the median age where a young woman makes a decision?
It depends on society itself, in some societies women usually start to wear it after they get married, some others after their 40s or 50s, while in some strict ones they do it in once they become teenagers ..

Is prince Hamzah as religious as prince Hashim?!
Old 04-26-2012, 02:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
KittyAtlanta, there is no such a thing called traditional Hijab or modern Hijab. Hijab is Hijab, it means you cover your hair, neck, ears, and you don't show the features of your body. If Basma is wearing Hijab then this is such a stupid act by basma, and I would say she is ignorant. Because she is insulting the religion by doing that. But if this is her style then she can do whatever she wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LipGloss View Post
It depends on society itself, in some societies women usually start to wear it after they get married, some others after their 40s or 50s, while in some strict ones they do it in once they become teenagers ..

Is prince Hamzah as religious as prince Hashim?!
LipGloss, it has nothing to do with society, Islam is a religion and whoever is presenting that religion throw clothes should respect it. Hamza is more religious than Hashim
Old 04-26-2012, 03:07 PM
Commoner

wow hijab!lol !prince hamzah often grows his beard then shaves it which means he is not as religious as Prince Hashem and his conservative wife who stays away from public.I don't know if people dislike her but since they married all the information I thought made her a good match is wrong. people said she was 26,a jordanian who bacme a pilot so young and that she was liberal etc. fact is she is 33 canadian (her father immigrated as a teenager to Canada where she was born and raised).she also worked for the royal avaition chaired by her now husband.the marriage was rushed with rumours of no love story.in the video i thought she would be a new kind of princess, but seems not.lets hope they don't rush other steps. we have to wait and see but why are people posting about a divorce! give them a chance. :p
Old 04-26-2012, 03:19 PM
Commoner

[QUOTE=life84;1404260]KittyAtlanta, there is no such a thing called traditional Hijab or modern Hijab. Hijab is Hijab, it means you cover your hair, neck, ears, and you don't show the features of your body. If Basma is wearing Hijab then this is such a stupid act by basma, and I would say she is ignorant. Because she is insulting the religion by doing that. But if this is her style then she can do whatever she wants.

Perhaps Prince Hamzah made her wear the veil-hijab.he seems to want people to know how religious he is.Hashem and Fahdah are private and subtle, which I respect. like I said a million times Basma is not very aware of our culture. this was shown in the way she spoke and dressed in the video. hopefully they will not assume that by just wearing a scarf they make it seem like this is an opkay veil. that would be shallow. but kitty may not know the culture so she asked a valid question, as for sure wearing tight jeans no this isn't part if the veil. I agee she should do what she wants but properly
Old 04-26-2012, 05:29 PM
Serene Highness

I am not against what Kitty said, I just explained that we have nothing like traditional Hijab and modern Hijab. I agree that basma is not aware of her culture since she was born and raised outside Jordan.
No, hamza is not stupid to ask his wife to wear veil while he knows that this is not the proper way to wear Hijab. I say she is not wearing Hijab, she is trying to find a style for her since she is not that pretty to attract people. she wore tight jeans before and in one of the videos she was wearing sleeveless top.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:10 PM
Commoner

I doubt that she wears hijab because of Hamzah. Additionally, we know that Hamzah seems to be quite religious, but honestly, I don't think Hashem has been in the limelight as much for us to even know if he is any less religious.

My personal opinion is that wearing hijab is not all that easy to do, and if she is in fact taking steps toward doing that, I commend her for it.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:25 PM
Courtier

Prince Hamzah 27/4/2012
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1634710502678135432.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	202.1 KB
ID:	284802   Click image for larger version

Name:	fghjk.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	284803  
Old 04-26-2012, 09:15 PM
Serene Highness

Lovely pictures for him
Old 04-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by life84 View Post
Yes I agree with you Rossina, she has to wear properly or not wear it at all. and she needs to put some make up..
strange that you think she should wear it properly and yet also apply makeup? i do not understand.
"People are much like stained glass windows. When the sun is shining through them, they glow brightly and sparkle. But when the sun goes down and it is dark and gloomy outside; Their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within." ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Old 04-26-2012, 11:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by countess77 View Post
wow hijab!lol !prince hamzah often grows his beard then shaves it which means he is not as religious as Prince Hashem and his conservative wife who stays away from public.I don't know if people dislike her but since they married all the information I thought made her a good match is wrong. people said she was 26,a jordanian who bacme a pilot so young and that she was liberal etc. fact is she is 33 canadian (her father immigrated as a teenager to Canada where she was born and raised).she also worked for the royal avaition chaired by her now husband.the marriage was rushed with rumours of no love story.in the video i thought she would be a new kind of princess, but seems not.lets hope they don't rush other steps. we have to wait and see but why are people posting about a divorce! give them a chance. :p
wow! you cut to the chase. i think she is a new kind of princess. and i have not seen posting of divorce! sad how people think. she has a beautiful spirit which one can see from her smile, and i think we should all take that as a wonderful sign. look at the happiness you see when they look at each other. she is new at this, so let's give her a chance!!!
"People are much like stained glass windows. When the sun is shining through them, they glow brightly and sparkle. But when the sun goes down and it is dark and gloomy outside; Their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within." ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Old 04-26-2012, 11:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by life84 View Post
I am not against what Kitty said, I just explained that we have nothing like traditional Hijab and modern Hijab. I agree that basma is not aware of her culture since she was born and raised outside Jordan.
No, hamza is not stupid to ask his wife to wear veil while he knows that this is not the proper way to wear Hijab. I say she is not wearing Hijab, she is trying to find a style for her since she is not that pretty to attract people. she wore tight jeans before and in one of the videos she was wearing sleeveless top.
perhaps she is trying to respect those she was with to make them more comfortable. people rail upon queen rania for not covering her hair. this may be a way for basmah to show her respect for the situation.... as they say... Before criticizing a (woman), walk a mile in (her) shoes. we can not know what was behind this decision. look at the covering she had in the other photo - the beautiful scarf - i am sure if she has something pretty available, she would have used that. i know that you and i wish people would be kind....
Old 04-27-2012, 12:36 AM
Nobility

Thanks Sana for the lovely photos,
It is always lovely to see Prince Hamzah
I'm glad we get to see him more often those days,

Quote:
LipGloss, it has nothing to do with society, Islam is a religion and whoever is presenting that religion throw clothes should respect it. Hamza is more religious than Hashim
Well said my dear, and Thanks for clarification
Old 04-27-2012, 01:09 AM
Courtier

nice pics of her out but the grey suit is boring lol. i think countress77 say shes 33 then p. basma old enough to knows what shes doing/wearing and you dont have to be form mid east country to know this cultures or religion. to me she looks like p. fahada at rashids wedding or shk. moza i think. but who knows this is not her style forever.

also nice to see queen noor supporting her new daughter in law .
Old 04-27-2012, 06:02 AM
Commoner

there is no stages for a Hijab. u wear it or u don't. Also in Islam it is very unreligious to try to appear what u are not. before her marriage Basma wore open clothes and she has a reputation of being outgoing and western. In 3 month u don't change and wear veil. sorry but this is just a show especially she is doing this not properly in tight clothes. this is wrong step from Prince Hamzah.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sana View Post
Prince Hamzah 27/4/2012
Thank`s Sana ! very nice pictures for event.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:54 AM
Nobility

It is everyone's right to practice religion in a way that feels right for them, let us not talk about how perfect things should be and talk about reality, a lot of girls in our society don't wear Hijab perfectly at the beginning and then they take steps into wearing longer shirts and looser clothes and so on.. so maybe princess Basmah is doing the same it is not an easy transition from a sleeveless top into a head cover,
atleast she's not showing some hair like Shekha mozah and Princess Fahdah..
so let us not jump into conclusions because there's a chance that she's wearing it to distinguish her self not to wear an actual Islamic Hijab!
Note: if she's doing it for the 2nd reason, hope she changes it soon because it is not that stylish IMO
Old 04-27-2012, 07:16 AM
Gentry

he became so active after he married
so happy to see him every day in different events :))

Tags
prince hamzah, prince hamzah's daughter, princess basmah, princess haya, princess haya hamzah