The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah's Brothers

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-22-2012, 09:03 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
^^^^^
Interesting article. I think it unlikely to happen but it is certainly a cautionary tale for Abdullah and Rania. Possibly more likely for Abdullah to replace his queen than for him to be replaced by his half brother.
what a thought! i never thought of that before!!

"People are much like stained glass windows. When the sun is shining through them, they glow brightly and sparkle. But when the sun goes down and it is dark and gloomy outside; Their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within." ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Old 11-23-2012, 07:00 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzg View Post
Nov. 14th, 2012 Prince Hamzah's tweet for the ceremony of King Hussein's Birthday in which he used a famous quote from a famous poet Abu Firas Al Hamdani

https://twitter.com/HamzahHKJ/status/268818053314273280

Please translate
this is my attempt in translating this verse, please note that I am not a professional translator:
My people will remember me when the hard times come, like a full moon missed in the dark nights ..
God Bless Al-hussein bin Talal's soul.

and yes I think prince Hamzah has made a bold statement in this tweet.

Old 11-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LipGloss View Post
this is my attempt in translating this verse, please note that I am not a professional translator:
My people will remember me when the hard times come, like a full moon missed in the dark nights ..

Thx for the transalation. Interesting verse.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:22 AM
Heir Apparent

November 9th, 2012 - Prince Hamzah
http://www.ammonnews.net/article.aspx?articleno=136249
Old 11-24-2012, 04:33 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Jordan Protesters Dream of Shift to King’s Brother

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/22/wo...anted=all&_r=0
Old 11-24-2012, 10:12 AM
Commoner

Very interesting indeed! Here is a counterpoint to the New York Times article from a blogger. Most interestingly, the author of the blog got a response from the author of the NYT article, and the blogger speculates that lobbying by Queen Noor's people was a possible source of the article. I found it an interesting read!!

Sorry about the bad language in the title. :( Unfortunately it detracts from the validity of the author's points, and the fact that he has spoken with protesters, and journalists from Amman...

Jordan’s Protesters Want Hamzah as King. I call Bull****. « Troy Carter
Old 11-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienation View Post
Very interesting indeed! Here is a counterpoint to the New York Times article from a blogger. Most interestingly, the author of the blog got a response from the author of the NYT article, and the blogger speculates that lobbying by Queen Noor's people was a possible source of the article. I found it an interesting read!!

Sorry about the bad language in the title. :( Unfortunately it detracts from the validity of the author's points, and the fact that he has spoken with protesters, and journalists from Amman...

Jordan’s Protesters Want Hamzah as King. I call Bull****. « Troy Carter
How they let him use abusive language??
Old 11-24-2012, 10:34 AM
Commoner

I know! It's too bad. But while the author seems to be a legitimate journalist this is his private blog, so he can use whatever words he wants. It makes it look unprofessional. I almost didn't post the link because of it but the article itself was interesting, particularly the thought that maybe Queen Noor is working behind the scenes. I actually read another blog that said the exact same thing, the author knows people in the American government who state that the Queen is lobbying for support of her son as a possible replacement. Anyway, I obviously don't know if it is really true or not. Time will certainly tell...
Old 11-24-2012, 10:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienation View Post
I know! It's too bad. But while the author is a legitimate journalist this is his private blog, so he can use whatever words he wants. It makes it look unprofessional. I almost didn't post the link because of it but the article itself was interesting, particularly the thought that maybe Queen Noor is working behind the scenes. I actually read another blog that said the exact same thing, the author knows people in the American government who state that the Queen is lobbying for support of her son as a possible replacement. Anyway, I obviously don't know if it is really true or not. Time will certainly tell...
Ah! I know aware it's blog, I thought it's a newspaper site. But still, if he is publishing these things so people can read them, he must not use abusive language, and he dont live in jordan to decide if it is ( the bad word he used) or not.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Is this the same Troy Carter who was/is editor of a student journal at the American University of Beruit?
Old 11-24-2012, 11:21 AM
Nobility

Yes. According to this link
Old 11-24-2012, 11:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
Jordan Protesters Dream of Shift to King’s Brother

Jordan Protesters Dream of Shift to Prince Hamzah - NYTimes.com
I have read that article and I found it a bit amateur. I dont know why a newspaper like NYT would patronize something like that. Actually the main point of the protesters, according to the article itself, is the withdrawl of subsidies and large scale liberalisation of economy. Replacement of KA by Hamza is not at all a solution for that. Any progressive ruler has to go through these things if the want to promote democracy and free trade relations with other countries. It will only help the economy in a long run, but there will always be protests initially. It happens in every country.
It is common for conservatives, nobles and all that breed to oppose any change, even progressive.
Actually they are bringing Hamza's name not out of love for him or his father, but to cause discomfort to Abdullah.Everyone including those two men must be knowing these well. It happens in every country. It is the foundation of politics.
I was wondering will it affect personal relations among them. Will Prince Hamzah maintain much lower profile for some time now?
Old 11-24-2012, 01:11 PM

I thought the NYTimes article was interesting at first, but as I thought more about it, I realized what was said didn't make much sense.

What sort of reputation does Prince Hamzah have in Jordan to make people think he'll be better than the King? As I understand, he has a very low profile and does public events from time to time. Not much to gain the attention of the average Jordanian.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Queen Noor is working behind the scenes to get Hamzah on the throne. If its true, she's only causing more trouble for herself. I know she likes to portray herself as a shy, modest woman, but there are many reports to the contrary. If she is trying to remove Abdullah from the throne, maybe it has to do with the rumors that she and her stepson do not get along at all?

Old 11-24-2012, 02:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LipGloss View Post
This was very touching and a great thing to do in memory of his loved father!
Old 11-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Courtier

thanks for translated tweet! and i agree that is such bold statement for this time.

about the article its nothing new for people to talk about a shift to ph ive only been following jrf for few years and even ive heard this. i think jordanian people realy love prince hamzah and are never forgeting how he is like his father who wanted him as cp one day. but i dont think its fair for people to always blame anything to do with hamzah on his mother. the ones who have not liked queen noor from begining never will and will keep finding reasons to throw her in some scandal.

Quote:
activists were planning to hold up pictures of Hamzah and the other princes at protests to suggest intrafamily change
- DAVID D. KIRKPATRICK
i wonder what other princes they were talking of has anyone seen this is in articles/pics anywhere? this has a lot to do with "natives" felling in a minority to palestinian in region, which there image of qranias didnt help much but rememerb when qnoor in her time wasnt too accepted either then she put more effort then rania has to downplay her "glamorous" image.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

the article it's an intersting read,but I can't keep myself from thinking what Hamzah can do better than Abdullah?
it may be a question of popularity among Jordanians I always wondred how popular King Abdullah is in Jordan it seems that Hamzah have more support in this area....no?
Old 11-24-2012, 09:16 PM
Courtier

i dont know but dont think its a rather big group lobby for hamzah but, in my little opinion , people see a mirror of hussein in ph and maby see him as more "native". again these are likely the same ones that dislike rania for her roots. I dont think people have a true idea of anything hamzah could/would do better. jordan looks like hard place for anyone to govern with palestinian issues, religion, debt, jobs, youth... not easy to balance everything and ka had done just enough to keep people quite by finding short fixes to major problems.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:58 AM
Administrator

Enough with the speculation.

Lets stay on topic..the current events of Hamzah and Basmah
....this thread isn't about Abdullah, Rania, or Noor.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Nobility

Ammoun News: Prince Hamzah does not have a twitter account !
But It's verified !!!
Old 11-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you for this info LipGloss :-) ,, I just was thought that his privet account :-(

Tags
prince hamzah, prince hamzah's daughter, princess basmah, princess haya, princess haya hamzah