The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah's Brothers

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 02:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Now that Xavi commented on the way she looked, I have a question: aren't we going to have a special fashion thread for Sara? Or shall we comment here?

Old 05-31-2010, 02:25 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
Maybe it was just a mistake. The card is pretty clear.
I dont think so .. Petra statement can not mention her name "Sarah al Faisal " without the royal title,if she is really a princess.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Then it's really weird. What about that article the day after the wedding that mentioned she had been given the title?
Old 05-31-2010, 02:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the title is a matter of time espically if she got pregnant ... there is no case were a wife in the family has no title !!!
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 05-31-2010, 02:51 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Then it's really weird. What about that article the day after the wedding that mentioned she had been given the title?
You mean Elaph article .. It is s a good and trusted site , but some of its news takes time to become a reality. Let us wait
Old 05-31-2010, 04:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeda2000 View Post
So she is not princess just Sara al Faisal .. thank you ayah
article
- -
The Prince's wife is not a princess. It would be something very unusual for Hashemite Kingdom whereas it is quite common in Morocco.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoula View Post
No, Petra news Agency, is the official news agency which get its news (regarding RF) from the Royal Hashemite Court (RHC), so if she wasn't referred to as HRH then she was not given the title yet.
Do you really believe at an official function like the launch of a new Generations for Peace camp that they would have used the title in the name plate without approval? Princess Sarah is the managing director of Generations for Peace
Old 05-31-2010, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83 View Post
as a first public appearance ; she looked plain to me without make up and her top is not flattering .
there is a thread about Jordanian royal ladies fachion and style i think there is the best place to discuss about that
Old 05-31-2010, 06:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Interview: HRH Prince Feisal Al Hussein - SportAccord Convention Dubai 2010
Old 06-01-2010, 04:24 AM
Courtier

The Jordan Times is using the title:

HRH Princess Sarah

6th training camp starts | Jordan Times
Old 06-01-2010, 04:54 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
So she is not princess just Sara al Faisal .. thank you ayah
article
- -
If you check the article, Petra now has ammended the article to include the title HRH Princess Sarah al-Feisal. So it must be official!
Old 06-01-2010, 05:47 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadel Abdullah View Post
If you check the article, Petra now has ammended the article to include the title HRH Princess Sarah al-Feisal. So it must be official!
You are right Fadel and Veram .. thank you now we can say princess Sara al faisal
http://www.alrai.com/pages.php?news_id=338482
Al Rai and all newspapers also changed their articles ... so it was petra`s mistake as Noormeanslight said
Petra added also her title under the pic
Now
http://img697.imageshack.us/i/news197520.jpg/
yesterday
http://i47.tinypic.com/2rxy9s1.jpg by ayah

HRH PRINCE FEISAL HUMBLED BY EXPERIENCES OF GENERATIONS FOR PEACE DELEGATES
Today.
HRH PRINCE FEISAL ‘HUMBLED’ BY EXPERIENCES OF GENERATIONS FOR PEACE DELEGATES | Generations For Peace
Old 06-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
HRH PRINCE FEISAL HUMBLED BY EXPERIENCES OF GENERATIONS FOR PEACE DELEGATES
Today.
HRH PRINCE FEISAL ‘HUMBLED’ BY EXPERIENCES OF GENERATIONS FOR PEACE DELEGATES | Generations For Peace
I hope working together in the same organization for such a good cause will strengthen their marriage, too as well as improving peace making processes in the world.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsofsky View Post
I hope working together in the same organization for such a good cause will strengthen their marriage, too as well as improving peace making processes in the world.
Petra`s pic
Imageshack - news197974.jpg - Uploaded by farooda
Old 06-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83 View Post
as a first public appearance ; she looked plain to me without make up and her top is not flattering .
i think they suit eachother in terms of looks.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:08 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Now that Xavi commented on the way she looked, I have a question: aren't we going to have a special fashion thread for Sara? Or shall we comment here?
There is a fashion thread
Jordanian Royal Ladies Fashion and Style
Old 06-03-2010, 08:25 AM
Nobility

Pleased to meet you PhillyGurl!

Re your question 2: the marriage contract is in certain countries we refer to as Nikah Al Kitab, which means the marriage of the book. This is where the details of the provisions (inc Mehr aka Dowry), the structure of the marriage and (yes you're right) the case of divorce is dealt with as amicably as possible.

Its essential for all Islamic Marriages because without this, the marriage isn't recognised by the state.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyGurl View Post
1. Why didn't P. Ali and P. Haya attend the wedding?
2. Is a marriage contract like a prenuptial agreement...(ie: if the marriage ends in divorce you get...I get..)

Thanks
Hi wingsofsky, pleased to meet you!

I agree that that would be a strange thing indeed, if Sara Al-Feisal hadn't been bequeethed the title of Princess. However in this case it is the tradition when announcing a marriage reports refer to the Lady in question by using her maiden name. So as to highlight the fact that she isn't of royal birth nor a member of the royal family. This is done for political correcness purposes.

Although thereafter she will be referred to as HRH Amira (Princess) Sara Al-Feisal.

Also if we referr to the Late King Hussein, with respect to his wives, no all had the same title:

Queen Dina
Princess Muna
Queen Alia
Queen Noor

Thereby the rules dictating how the titles should be bequeethed may still be subject to the ancient Hashimi tribal rules (ie family concensus etc).

As regards Morocco: The term given to a Lady of Royal birth is Princess Lalla. The term Lalla originates from the indigenous Amazighy (Saharan) Kingdom/Culture and its system of governenance.

Lalla generally means Noble Lady (she is Princess in her own right) and is the equivilant to Princesses of Kingdoms. The term is also taken from Morocco's indigenous (not national) language Tamazight of which there a three branches: Chelha, (Tachelhit) High Atlas, Rifi (Tarifit) Riff Mountains and Amazigh (Tamazight) Middle Atlas

The other term Shrifia when only used in the Amazighy context, refers to the most ancient of Moroccan Royal Amazighy Households from whom all including the Alaouites originated. When used in this context Shrifia is Higher than Lalla.

Moulay : Tamazight for Emperor, the Arab Equivelant is Sultan
Lalla : Tamazight for Lady and Princess, Arab equivilant is Amira
Shrifia

When Morocco proclaimed itself an Arab Country after orbtaining independance from the French in 1956, then they added the Arabic Terms in front of the Amazighy ones (so as to combine the two cultures).

Present Form: HRH Amira Lalla Salma.
Ancient Form: Shrifia Lalla Salma

Hope this helps,

Abdel Noor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsofsky View Post
The Prince's wife is not a princess. It would be something very unusual for Hashemite Kingdom whereas it is quite common in Morocco.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdel Noor View Post
Pleased to meet you PhillyGurl!

Re your question 2: the marriage contract is in certain countries we refer to as Nikah Al Kitab, which means the marriage of the book. This is where the details of the provisions (inc Mehr aka Dowry), the structure of the marriage and (yes you're right) the case of divorce is dealt with as amicably as possible.

Its essential for all Islamic Marriages because without this, the marriage isn't recognised by the state.

Hope this helps.

Hi wingsofsky, pleased to meet you!

I agree that that would be a strange thing indeed, if Sara Al-Feisal hadn't been bequeethed the title of Princess. However in this case it is the tradition when announcing a marriage reports refer to the Lady in question by using her maiden name. So as to highlight the fact that she isn't of royal birth nor a member of the royal family. This is done for political correcness purposes.

Although thereafter she will be referred to as HRH Amira (Princess) Sara Al-Feisal.

Also if we referr to the Late King Hussein, with respect to his wives, no all had the same title:

Queen Dina
Princess Muna
Queen Alia
Queen Noor

Thereby the rules dictating how the titles should be bequeethed may still be subject to the ancient Hashimi tribal rules (ie family concensus etc).

As regards Morocco: The term given to a Lady of Royal birth is Princess Lalla. The term Lalla originates from the indigenous Amazighy (Saharan) Kingdom/Culture and its system of governenance.

Lalla generally means Noble Lady (she is Princess in her own right) and is the equivilant to Princesses of Kingdoms. The term is also taken from Morocco's indigenous (not national) language Tamazight of which there a three branches: Chelha, (Tachelhit) High Atlas, Rifi (Tarifit) Riff Mountains and Amazigh (Tamazight) Middle Atlas

The other term Shrifia when only used in the Amazighy context, refers to the most ancient of Moroccan Royal Amazighy Households from whom all including the Alaouites originated. When used in this context Shrifia is Higher than Lalla.

Moulay : Tamazight for Emperor, the Arab Equivelant is Sultan
Lalla : Tamazight for Lady and Princess, Arab equivilant is Amira
Shrifia

When Morocco proclaimed itself an Arab Country after orbtaining independance from the French in 1956, then they added the Arabic Terms in front of the Amazighy ones (so as to combine the two cultures).

Present Form: HRH Amira Lalla Salma.
Ancient Form: Shrifia Lalla Salma

Hope this helps,

Abdel Noor
Thank you for the useful explanation Abdel Noor. Nice to meet you, too.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:28 AM
Nobility

prince Faisal Army chief meet commander of The united states central command Gen.David Petraeus
7-6-2010
http://img161.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_552lo.jpg
Old 06-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

HRH Prince Faisal bin Al Hussein was sworn in as regent.
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King leaves for London
pic
http://img28.imageshack.us/i/news199802.jpg/