Prince Feisal & Princess Alia: Current Events

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Faisal Participates in the Meetings of the IOC Executive Board

Berlin, April 21(Petra)-- HRH Prince Faisal Bin Al Hussein ,head of the Jordanian Olympic Committee, took part in the meetings of the Executive Board of the International Olympic Committee (IOC), which were held in Berlin between 16-20 April.

Prince Faisal and his accompanying delegation met, in presence of Jordan's ambassador to Germany Saleh Irsheidat, with IOC's officials and discussed with them a number of sport- related issues. The Prince also participated in the committees' activities, where he discussed means to support the Jordanian sport sector.

A number of press conferences were held on the sidelines of the event, which also included a number of sport fairs.

Prince Feisal reveals the driving force behind the Kingdom's world rallying dream

sport1_22_4.jpeg
AMMAN (JT) — With less than two weeks before the Jordan Rally, HRH Prince Feisal has revealed that an FIA World Rally Championship (WRC) round held here in the future would generate millions of dollars for the local economy.

The chairman of Jordan Motorsport pointed out that during the rally week alone $20 million could be poured into the local economy by the thousands of team members, media and fans that follow the global roadshow.

“This is just a rough figure but economic impact studies carried out by the rounds we have visited have shown that this can be as much as $40 million and certainly no less than $15 million,” said Prince Feisal.

“This doesn't take into consideration the longer term benefits from Jordan being showcased to a television audience of 800 million people in 196 countries. In terms of promoting a country, there is no better sport than rallying and the return on our investment would certainly make it all worthwhile. An FIA WRC event can bring huge economic benefits to Jordan.”

Prince Feisal has attended FIA WRC events in Turkey, Sardinia, Australia, Monte Carlo and more recently New Zealand to promote Jordan's bid to join the global championship and to gather information to ensure such an event would be worthwhile for the Kingdom.

His Royal Highness also pointed out that the FIA WRC dream is sparking new projects including the development of a stunning new tourist area overlooking the Dead Sea. This will become the new rally home in 2006. An FIA WRC event would also require the training of 2,000 volunteers whom the Prince believes will become important stakeholders for not only rallying but for sport in general.

“A trained and dedicated army of volunteers is the most important part of any event so to have as many as 2,000 people ready and willing will be a huge benefit for a number of sports,” he said.

The Jordan Rally will burn up the desert, mountain and forest tracks from May 5-7. A bumper field is expected once the entry book closes on April 23.

Meanwhile, president of the Jordan Olympic Committee, Prince Feisal attended the International Olympic Higher Committee meeting in Berlin April 16-20. He took part in discussions on the Summer and Winter Olympic Games.
Friday-Saturday, April 22-23, 2005

link:
http://www.jordantimes.com/fri/sports/sports1.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Reina said:
Who is this Princess Aye al Faisal? I guess it is faisal and alia's daughter?

yes, she is their daughter

-Eliza

Last edited by a moderator:
PFeisal has been sworn in as Regent, what does he role involve? What r the duties for the Regent in Jordan? Does anyone have any recent pic's of PF & PA's chil?

ummm my previous post you can see a pic of his daughter doing some official stuff

here is news about PFeisal
Prince Faisal Meets US Delegation</FONT></STRONG>

Pet0423 4 0091

Prince Faisal Meets US Delegation
Amman, May 12 (Petra) -- HRH Prince Faisal Ben Al Hussein
received on Thursday at the Army Headquarters a delegation from the
US National Defense University which is currently visiting the
Jordanian armed forces.

During the meeting, the both sides previewed the bilateral ties
and ways of enhancing and promoting them.

//Petra//
121508 Local MAY 2005

Caption:
SHUNEH, JORDAN - MAY 20: Jordan's King Abdullah's brother, Prince Faisal (R), chats with Nobel Prize winner Elie Wiesel (2nd R), Mrs. Wiesel (2nd L) and an unidentified person at the opening of the World Economic Forum in the Dead Sea resort of Shuneh May 20, 2005 35 kilometers west of Amman, Jordan. The three-day conference aims at helping leaders seize on the climate of change that has begun to spread in several of their countries. (Photo by Salah Malkawi/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 224
Their children are sweethearts! I like the fact that Aya seems very real and down to earth. Not at all fussy or worked up for the camera just like her mama. It appears as though they've done a good job parenting.

princess alias mother died on 1999 her name was Lamia jawad alazem

Saad hariri wifes name is lara Bashier alazem she is also from seria .I think there is arelationship between alias mother and lara dont you agree with me

From The Jordan Times

Kingdom to celebrate Olympic Day

By Roufan Nahhas

AMMAN — Jordan will join the world on Saturday in celebrating the Olympic Day with several activities to be held under the patronage of HRH Prince Feisal, president of the Jordan Olympic Committee (JOC). JOC General Secretary Abd Ghani Tabalat said at a press conference on Tuesday that this year's celebrations coincides with the United Nations call for a year of physical and sport education to all people from all walks of life.

“In addition to a total of 204 Olympic committees worldwide which will be celebrating this day, JOC will proudly inaugurate the first Olympic garden on Thursday near Petra Stadium at Al Hussein Sports City,” he said.

He added that the celebration will mark the launching of a new logo for the JOC.

“We are entering a new dawn of activities that is why we needed a new logo to accommodate the changes to the JOC,” he added.

The new logo comprises of a sketch of the Black Iris flower (the national wild flower of the Kingdom) coloured in red, black and green, nestled upon a star, topped with the five Olympic rings.

Tabalat added that JOC will be focusing more on an open sport strategy.

“We want everyone to enjoy the luxury of playing sport in the Kingdom because sports can teach so many things in life for all ages and for all people,” he said.

Head of the organising committee for the event, Rajai Nafa'a, said Saturday that JOC hopes to attract more than 6,000 people for the Olympic Day Run.

“The run will be a national call to all people interested in sports and to all those who support the Jordanian Olympic march,” he said.

“Participants will gather on Saturday morning at 8:30am at Al Hussein Sports City to welcome the Olympic Torch which will arrive at 9:30am,” he added.

He said that the event would be colourful and family-oriented.

“We will have the chance to award the best Jordanian athletes for the year 2004, some of whom are, Yasmeen Khair, Ayman Dueis, Faisal Ibrahim, Khaled Hassan and Faraj Darwish,” he said.

He added that the universal values of the Olympic spirit have always been friendship, unity, progress and harmony.

Friday-Saturday, July 1-2, 2005

Princess Alia looks nice in this picture. In Graduation? From where had she graduated?:)

salma said:
Old pics:

Princess Alia in graduation:

reeda2000 said:
princess alias mother died on 1999 her name was Lamia jawad alazem

I think her dad passed a way in 98 or 97? cuz I remember a friend of hers said that she was sooo sad that King hussien (allah yerhamu),gaver her a huge hug and told her I am ur father now,ur happiness is my happiness and I am always here for you,but unfortunately he passed away a year or 2 after her father's death,she was sooo sad and depressed,she said she lost 2 friends and fathers w/in one year :(

I don't know why, but Prince Feisal and his wife look like really nice people, decent and down to earth, family minded and approachable, does anyone know anything about how they met? What kind of marriage do they have? (a happy one I hope):rolleyes:

auntie said:
I don't know why, but Prince Feisal and his wife look like really nice people, decent and down to earth, family minded and approachable, does anyone know anything about how they met? What kind of marriage do they have? (a happy one I hope):rolleyes:

yes they seems very nice couple :)

I did read interview with prince alia I don't remamber a lot but she mentioned a dinner and king Huassin interduce her to his son I hope I didn't mix the story loooooooool :D , I don't remamber what she said word by word but what I get that the king liked her and want her to be his step daughter :)

Is it true that Rania was a friend of Alia's and it was through her and Prince Feisal that she met Abdullah?

Little_star said:
Is it true that Rania was a friend of Alia's and it was through her and Prince Feisal that she met Abdullah?
What I read is that Aisha was the one who is a friend of QR and through her she met KA. You'd notice that Aisha spends her vacation with them always.

A picture of Prince Faisal and Princess Alia with QR and Crown Prince of Bahrain.
Photos copyrights
Newspix.

Attachments

• faisalalia.jpg
    faisalalia.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 410
"What I read is that Aisha was the one who is a friend of QR and through her she met KA. You'd notice that Aisha spends her vacation with them always."

Thank you, I'd heard something similar to that before. I wasn't aware that they holidayed together though.

Little_star said:
"What I read is that Aisha was the one who is a friend of QR and through her she met KA. You'd notice that Aisha spends her vacation with them always."

Thank you, I'd heard something similar to that before. I wasn't aware that they holidayed together though.
In Croatia, Aisha was there, you can see her in a picture and her son Aoun in many pictures. Am wondering if Alia and Rania get along? I've noticed that Alia gets along very well with QN, in some Pan Arab Games she is with Noor in some events and during the opening ceremony they were laughing together. Alia was married to Faisal in 87 which mean she knew Noor before Rania; the three of them are Virgos if one would notice.

Faisal himself has a good relationship with Noor; I guess The Faisals are nice to everyone. One thing I wonder about too is how good Faisal and Abdullah's relationship? They are full brothers yet they weren't at vacation together.

Lords said:
In Croatia, Aisha was there, you can see her in a picture and her son Aoun in many pictures. Am wondering if Alia and Rania get along? I've noticed that Alia gets along very well with QN, in some Pan Arab Games she is with Noor in some events and during the opening ceremony they were laughing together. Alia was married to Faisal in 87 which mean she knew Noor before Rania; the three of them are Virgos if one would notice.

Faisal himself has a good relationship with Noor; I guess The Faisals are nice to everyone. One thing I wonder about too is how good Faisal and Abdullah's relationship? They are full brothers yet they weren't at vacation together.

i agree - i think they get along very well the same with prince faisal - he seems very diplomatic and nice - dont know how to describe.
and queen noor is lion!shes august 23rd.thats the last lion day :)

"One thing I wonder about too is how good Faisal and Abdullah's relationship? They are full brothers yet they weren't at vacation together."

I've always got the impression they were quite close as I've seen alot of pictures of them together....but I guess we'll never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom