The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah's Brothers

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Ali is FIFA's new Vice President for Asia: January 6, 2011

Prince of Jordan
Photo from Reuters Pictures

Old 01-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

Asian football bosses to pick new Fifa vice-president
The battle for one of the most powerful positions in world football will be decided in Qatar on Thursday.
Asian Football Confederation members are to choose who they want to represent them as their vice-president on the Fifa executive committee.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Gentry

Thanks everyone for the links! I'll pray he wins tomorrow because IMO he's the right man for this position
Old 01-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

so the big day is tomorrow..I really hope him good luck.
I cross my fingers for the Prince.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

prince ali won ; Mabrook I saw it on TV live
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 01-06-2011, 05:51 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83 View Post
prince ali won ; Mabrook I saw it on TV live
hehhehehehe

you were one of the first ppl who came across my mind when I heard the delightful news

congratulations :yai:
Old 01-06-2011, 06:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
hehhehehehe

you were one of the first ppl who came across my mind when I heard the delightful news

congratulations :yai:
oh am delighted to hear this ; am his loyal fan
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 01-06-2011, 07:02 AM
Gentry

Congratulations to Prince Ali!
Old 01-06-2011, 07:19 AM
Courtier

Mbrrrok Abo Abdullah

What is the channel that introduced competition ?
Old 01-06-2011, 08:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Qatar sana :)

I watched the whole issue ; ali was bet nervous but he said I am confident that I will win ; he got 25 votes out of 45 .. audience were shocked for while .. and a woman not young one came and kissed him and told him mabrook I wish to know her !

Taxi for Chung Mong-joon as Jordan's Prince Ali takes FIFA Vice Presidency

some nice pics :
ImageShack Album - 2 images
Old 01-06-2011, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

good to hear Prince Ali won,i am sure he will be a great vice President.
congratulation to the Prince and all the jordanian ppl.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations to Ali - hope he'll make the Jordanians proud from this position!! All the best wishes!!
Old 01-06-2011, 11:36 AM
Courtier

Old 01-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

lovely pics in this newspaper :

- ""
Old 01-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to prince Ali & good luck.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Queen Rania`s twitter
Quote:
Congratulations to Prince Ali! So proud he's #FIFA’s new Vice President. A great goal for the Arab world.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Glad to see Ali so happy and delighted! Very exciting and touching moments right after the announcement - hopefully he celebrated it as much as possible. He was worth it!!
Old 01-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Commoner

Abu Dhabi Channel Report

Old 01-06-2011, 12:43 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

King congratulates Prince Ali over winning FIFA vice president position

Amman, Jan. 6 (Petra) – His Majesty King Abdullah II on Thursday congratulated HRH Prince Ali Ben Al Hussein, head of the Jordan and the West Asia football federations, after he won the votes of the Asian Football Confederation for the FIFA vice-presidency during the 24th Asian Football Confederation (AFC) congress in Doha today. During a telephone conversation with Prince Ali, The King stressed that this accomplishment is a success for all Jordanians more
Old 01-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83 View Post
oh am delighted to hear this ; am his loyal fan

ALL ARABS voted for price Ali, I think this is a lesson for our foreign policy : when we use the right men, talk to others with proper tone, every one will welcome you. PA was smart enough to avoid the dispute with Qatar, even more, he managed the campaign well to solve the issues with Qatar and improved the relation with them.

In Abu Dhabi report, shekh fahad from Kuwait explain how that was a victory for all arabs, and all gulf shikhs were supportive to PA, its a sport victory, but its fruit and lesson learned are invaluable for Jordan policy and relations.

Furthermore, Price Ali talks to Iranian sport officials resulted in a new era of relations between Iran and Jordan, he broke the ice with them

am Just happy ..Yis3id Alla