Prince Ali & FIFA Presidency, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good luck Prince Ali. It will be a tough fight but we need someone like you to clean up FIFA:flowers:

I am glad that somebody will finally do something to get rid of that awful & corrupt Seb Blatter. After they get rid of him I hope the rest of the clique follows. But I am not sure if it is the best job for a royal as FIFA is extremely corrupt and rotten to the core.

Anyway, according to the article:

“The world’s game deserves a world-class governing body an international federation that is a service organisation and a model of ethics, transparency and good governance,” said the prince, whose reputation is untainted since joining Fifa’s executive committee on the day of Blatter’s most recent re-election in June 2011.

So good luck to prince Ali indeed! Lets hope that that awful Blatter will be arrested soon.

Last edited:
I personally think Blatter will die as FIFA President, imo he can be compared to the late FBI director J Edgar Hoover and his 'regime', I bet he has dirty files on everybody involved, there is no way he can be removed from this position.

Last edited:
i agree with Duke of Marmalade.
it will be hard to remove Blatter out of the FIFA,but i really hope very good luck to Prince Ali.

This will be a challenge to win for the Prince but I do hope all the best. It's a good choice IMO that he is making to run for the post.

Blatter's designed heir is Platini (like Blatter himself was heir to Havelange), the UEFA president, so it will be a very uphill battle for Prince Ali.

I do wish him the best of luck and that he tries to stay as far away as possible from UAE/Saudi money, they are the ones with the shadiest business in football nowadays.

Blatter's designed heir is Platini (like Blatter himself was heir to Havelange), the UEFA president, so it will be a very uphill battle for Prince Ali.

I do wish him the best of luck and that he tries to stay as far away as possible from UAE/Saudi money, they are the ones with the shadiest business in football nowadays.

FIFA: Platini: "Prinz Ali genießt die nötige Glaubwürdigkeit" - Fußball - FOCUS Online - Nachrichten

Platini himself has praised Prince Ali. In particular Platini is quoted saying that Prince Ali has the credibility to fulfill the job.

Focus is not any German magazine. Surely the Jordan Prince was careful in checking his support prior to announce his candidacy.

FIFA: Platini: "Prinz Ali genießt die nötige Glaubwürdigkeit" - Fußball - FOCUS Online - Nachrichten

Platini himself has praised Prince Ali. In particular Platini is quoted saying that Prince Ali has the credibility to fulfill the job.

Focus is not any German magazine. Surely the Jordan Prince was careful in checking his support prior to announce his candidacy.

Ali might have the best intentions and might have been told all he wanted to hear but remember this is FIFA, the land of the corrupt, so you have to take their words with a grain of salt :whistling:

As far as I know, there's a kinda game of thrones involved here: Villar (the Spanish FA president) will become UEFA president once Platini leaves to become FIFA president, so there's a lot of intrigue going on :lol:

Let's wait and see how it goes, I really hope Prince Ali can get the post but this is a multimillion business, there are way too many interests involved and change would not be welcomed with open arms if you get what I mean :ermm:

Actually Platini and Blatter seem to have fallen out and Platini is not looking to replace him either. First he was calling on him to step aside, next he was asking for a viable candidate to run against him and now he has backed Ali.

Michel Platini says Sepp Blatter should step aside and make room for someone else at FIFA | Football News | Sky Sports

BBC Sport - Michel Platini wants new candidate to rival Sepp Blatter for Fifa role

Prince Ali the right man to challenge Blatter's 17 year Fifa rule: Michel Platini - Times LIVE

We all want Blatter out, he and Havelange have been a cancer for football tbh. Hopefully Prince Ali can get the post and make things better but like I said before, there is too much money involved now in the game, it will be very very hard to clean it up.

to be honest, i don't think platini is much better than blatter. i don't know much of ali but i hope he is not kind of a strawman for other interests in the background. he is of royal descent, it always looks good to have somebody like him head an organisation (see haya - fei). i don't know if he is qualified or not but ali comes across as quite naive to me and not as shrewd as the people who surround him.

as leidi said, fifa is corrupt to the core, i don't see any cure. same goes for ioc by the way.

Every other candidate than Mr Blatter, the pure embodiment of corruptism, nepotism, clientelism and other malpractices is an improvement, so also counts for the candidate Prince Ali of Jordan.

Queen Rania wrote today on her instagram and FB supporting Prince Ali´s candidature:

Goal! Congratulations to His Highness Prince Ali on His running for FIFA's presidency. I'm confident that his excellent leadership skills will take everyone's favorite sport to the next level

Instagram

And the Crown Prince:

Proud of my uncle Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein, who announced his candidacy for the FIFA presidency. He will do a tremendous job in elevating the game we all love and restore in its management the integrity that it deserves. Wishing him the best of luck.

Instagram

Last edited:
FIFA receives Prince Ali nomination

Amman, Feb. 2 (Petra) -- International Federation of Football Association (FIFA) announced on Monday His Royal Highness Prince Ali as a candidate for FIFA's presidential elections scheduled for May 29.

News

Prince Ali gave a press conference in London to announce his candidacy. He is supported by 6 countries at least, among them Jordan and the UK.

Prince Ali challenges Sepp Blatter to public debate over Fifa presidency

Prince Ali Bin al-Hussein, one of three rival candidates taking on Sepp Blatter for the Fifa presidency, has warned of a culture of intimidation within world football’s governing body and called for a public debate between the candidates.

“There is a culture of intimidation within Fifa but this is a candidacy for the whole world,” said Ali, who counted the English Football Association among the six member associations who nominated him to stand.

Read more here: Prince Ali challenges Sepp Blatter to public debate over Fifa presidency | Football | The Guardian

For now it is expected that Blatter will win easily due to massive support from Asian and African countries.

Prince Ali gave a press conference in London to announce his candidacy. He is supported by 6 countries at least, among them Jordan and the UK.

Read more here: Prince Ali challenges Sepp Blatter to public debate over Fifa presidency | Football | The Guardian

For now it is expected that Blatter will win easily due to massive support from Asian and African countries.

Nice man,but it would be equally strange to appoint Prince Ali Chair of the Speedskating League....

Ofcourse the Africans and Asians support old Sepp...He fills their pockets with any wish,in pecunia or services of the flesh...He's the biggest pimp around..Awfull man!

I am not sure Prince Ali is right person to clear up the FIFA mess but I gues anyone would be better that Blater,so I am wishing him good luck.

Its very interesting thanks to al jazeera

According to the dutch state news, the Dutch candidate will withdraw his candidacy. The same is expected of Luis Figo. They hope that by doing so their supporters will rally behind prince Ali, who will be the only candidate left to fight another term for Blatter.

Back
Top Bottom