Possible Names for Prince Hamzah & Princess Noor's first child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lil Monkey

Courtier
City
--
Country
United States
Yea I am so happy for Hamzah, it's very exciting, he's finally gonna become a father,yaaaaay, I am thinking if it was a boy he wud name him Abdullah after King Abdullah and this way Hamzah would be called "Abu Abdullah" like his father ;)
if it was a girl, umm, that would be a tough one, but maybe he wud name her after his aunt,ehhm, Basma. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
lil Monkey said:
Yea I am so happy for Hamzah, it's very exciting, he's finally gonna become a father,yaaaaay, I am thinking if it was a boy he wud name him Abdullah after King Abdullah and this way Hamzah would be called "Abu Abdullah" like his father ;)
if it was a girl, umm, that would be a tough one, but maybe he wud name her after his aunt,ehhm, Basma. :rolleyes:
OMG Lil Monkey, I swear I was thinking he'll name the child Abdullah for exactly the same reasons OMG, we're on the same wavelength, but I don't think if it is a girl he'll call her Basma, I think he'll take a dip in history books and find an early islamic or arabic and maybe a name from the Hashemite family tree, something unique but I'm sure will be beautiful :wub:

tesaweer said:
OMG Lil Monkey, I swear I was thinking he'll name the child Abdullah for exactly the same reasons OMG, we're on the same wavelength, but I don't think if it is a girl he'll call her Basma, I think he'll take a dip in history books and find an early islamic or arabic and maybe a name from the Hashemite family tree, something unique but I'm sure will be beautiful :wub:
LOL great minds think alike,ehhhm...He doesn't have to take a dip in history books,he probably memorizes them by heart,LOL
I dunno, everything is possible, but I think the baby will be a boy :rolleyes:

Possible Names for Prince Hamzah & Princess Noor's first child.

I'm happy for Prince Hamza and Princess Noor :flowers: and I'm happy to create this thread for anyone who has any suggestions for a name for the baby.
Enjoy it.

Personnaly I think that the baby will be a boy "Talal". But if the baby is a girl I think the name will be "Sarah"

IMO it will be a boy: Hussein or Abdullah.

I guess maybe it's a name nobody in the family is called at the moment...
Like QN and KH did with 7amzeh and so on, or PA and PR with jaleelah

I am not that familiar with the names of the Jordanian Royals...but do you think they will name the child after a living relative? I mean Abdullah is obviously being used and isn't Hussein the name of his Abdullah's son?

Zonk said:
I am not that familiar with the names of the Jordanian Royals...but do you think they will name the child after a living relative? I mean Abdullah is obviously being used and isn't Hussein the name of his Abdullah's son?

I guess it's a traditional thing or often done to call after living relatives in the culture... but its no must... as far as I know

Zonk said:

In Jordan it is possible. The cousins of King Abdullah (and PHamzah) - Talal and Ghazi - named their boys Hussein or Abdullah. One of PFaisal's daughters was named Aisha like Faisal's sister.

I think he will name the baby if a boy Abdullah,after KA and so that he'd be called Abu Abdullah like his father.
and if it was a girl, maybe Basma after his aunt or a name that we never heard of like Ali and Rym did,lol,let's wait and see.
I have a feeling the baby will be a boy, but after my mum saw the pics she told me that she looks like a mother of a girl (dunno how they know such things,lol)

I actually find it a little annoying that the Jordanian Royals often choose names for their children that are already in the family. There are so many beautiful Arabic names out there and yes I realise they often choose names of signficance like Hashem, but it would be nice if Hamzah or Noor go for something different.
So with that in mind,
Boy:
Ibrahim
Idrees
Ayaan
Isa
Saif

Girl:
Maha
Ayla
Jehan
Reem
Manal

Little_star said:
I actually find it a little annoying that the Jordanian Royals often choose names for their children that are already in the family. There are so many beautiful Arabic names out there and yes I realise they often choose names of signficance like Hashem, but it would be nice if Hamzah or Noor go for something different.
So with that in mind,
Boy:
Ibrahim
Idrees
Ayaan
Isa
Saif

Girl:
Maha
Ayla
Jehan
Reem
Manal

Idrees? Its very rare here in Jordan to find an "idrees" and Ayla too
is that an arabic name?

well,I love a few names, I also want to be called um waseem,lol
boys:
Waseem,Saif,Fares,Ali,Omar,Rami ...
girls:
Rahaf,nagham.. and alot more, but I can't remember,LOL

I love the names Saif and Faris, I haven't heard Rami before, it's quite nice. what does it mean?

Little_star said:
I think Ayla and Idrees are both Arabic, I'm pretty certain that Idrees is an Arabic name, although now that you mention it I'm not so sure about Ayla

Here's a link about the name Idrees
http://www.jamiat.org.za/isinfo/idrees.html

And one about Ayla which is derived from the Arabic word for moonlight
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayla
Yea I know Idrees, it's a messanger name in the Quraan, but Ayla im not familiar with at all! :)
thanks for the links :)

Little_star said:
I love the names Saif and Faris, I haven't heard Rami before, it's quite nice. what does it mean?
Rami is very familiar in the arab world like Sami and Hani
Rami is derived from the arabic word (رام:ram) i think it's "reaching to smthing,like reach ur goals"

Ah, lovely meaning!

Actually, I think Ayla is Turkish.

Little_star said:
Ah, lovely meaning!

Actually, I think Ayla is Turkish.
I love turkish names, some are really nice with beautiful meanings!:flowers:
I can't wait till PN gives birth, I am soo excited for Hamzah, I feel as If I am the one who's becoming a parent,LOL

Kareem wud be a nice name too,
Kareem bin Hamzah, ummm, nope it doesn't sound too good,lol

Those are all lovely names I think, but my favorte is Ibrahim for a boy, and my user name is also quite nice and arabic I was told. Yay! I am so happy for them! Whatever the sex maybe I hope they will be healthy and happy. :flowers:

oh it will be great if they will name the new baby new name not a nam after some one in the family for example Abdallah although I love Abdallah name .

I like those names :

boys names : Saif , Faris , Khaled .
girls names : Amal , shahad , Manar , lara .

Wouldn't it be just the sweetest thing if he chose his brother Hashim's name? I think it would be, although there are already 2 other Hashims. What are the possibilities of that happening?

If it's a girl, why not Leila? One of my very good friends in high school was named Leila and I thought it was beautiful.

princess Mahala in the arabic culture usually people like to be call by their child name , abu is father , so if he will have a boy and will name it Abdallah then he will be father of Abdallah ( abu Abdallah ) .

I hope my answer helped you ^_^

Oh, that is very helpful houri, thanks so much! I thought it was something like that but was not sure. Now I know, and I must say that I love the arabic culture more and more. Thanks!

That's a very pretty girls name. Out of so many I bet it's hard to just pick one. I wish them luck with that job. lol

I guess if the baby is a boy the name will be hussein but if she is a girl maybe the name will be one of prince hamza sisters iman or raya .

thank you very much for this nice thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom