The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah's Brothers

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 06:22 AM
Courtier

Possible Names for Prince Hamzah & Princess Noor's first child

Yea I am so happy for Hamzah, it's very exciting, he's finally gonna become a father,yaaaaay, I am thinking if it was a boy he wud name him Abdullah after King Abdullah and this way Hamzah would be called "Abu Abdullah" like his father
if it was a girl, umm, that would be a tough one, but maybe he wud name her after his aunt,ehhm, Basma.

Old 10-31-2006, 07:33 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
Yea I am so happy for Hamzah, it's very exciting, he's finally gonna become a father,yaaaaay, I am thinking if it was a boy he wud name him Abdullah after King Abdullah and this way Hamzah would be called "Abu Abdullah" like his father
if it was a girl, umm, that would be a tough one, but maybe he wud name her after his aunt,ehhm, Basma.
OMG Lil Monkey, I swear I was thinking he'll name the child Abdullah for exactly the same reasons OMG, we're on the same wavelength, but I don't think if it is a girl he'll call her Basma, I think he'll take a dip in history books and find an early islamic or arabic and maybe a name from the Hashemite family tree, something unique but I'm sure will be beautiful

Old 10-31-2006, 08:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesaweer
OMG Lil Monkey, I swear I was thinking he'll name the child Abdullah for exactly the same reasons OMG, we're on the same wavelength, but I don't think if it is a girl he'll call her Basma, I think he'll take a dip in history books and find an early islamic or arabic and maybe a name from the Hashemite family tree, something unique but I'm sure will be beautiful
LOL great minds think alike,ehhhm...He doesn't have to take a dip in history books,he probably memorizes them by heart,LOL
I dunno, everything is possible, but I think the baby will be a boy
Old 10-31-2006, 02:26 PM
Courtier

Possible Names for Prince Hamzah & Princess Noor's first child.

I'm happy for Prince Hamza and Princess Noor and I'm happy to create this thread for anyone who has any suggestions for a name for the baby.
Enjoy it.

Personnaly I think that the baby will be a boy "Talal". But if the baby is a girl I think the name will be "Sarah"

It was too good to be true...
Old 10-31-2006, 02:36 PM
Courtier

IMO it will be a boy: Hussein or Abdullah.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:47 PM
Nobility

I guess maybe it's a name nobody in the family is called at the moment...
Like QN and KH did with 7amzeh and so on, or PA and PR with jaleelah
Old 10-31-2006, 02:49 PM
Administrator

I am not that familiar with the names of the Jordanian Royals...but do you think they will name the child after a living relative? I mean Abdullah is obviously being used and isn't Hussein the name of his Abdullah's son?
Old 10-31-2006, 02:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
I am not that familiar with the names of the Jordanian Royals...but do you think they will name the child after a living relative? I mean Abdullah is obviously being used and isn't Hussein the name of his Abdullah's son?
I guess it's a traditional thing or often done to call after living relatives in the culture... but its no must... as far as I know
Old 10-31-2006, 02:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
In Jordan it is possible. The cousins of King Abdullah (and PHamzah) - Talal and Ghazi - named their boys Hussein or Abdullah. One of PFaisal's daughters was named Aisha like Faisal's sister.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:11 PM
Courtier

I think he will name the baby if a boy Abdullah,after KA and so that he'd be called Abu Abdullah like his father.
and if it was a girl, maybe Basma after his aunt or a name that we never heard of like Ali and Rym did,lol,let's wait and see.
I have a feeling the baby will be a boy, but after my mum saw the pics she told me that she looks like a mother of a girl (dunno how they know such things,lol)
Old 10-31-2006, 04:17 PM
Heir Apparent

I actually find it a little annoying that the Jordanian Royals often choose names for their children that are already in the family. There are so many beautiful Arabic names out there and yes I realise they often choose names of signficance like Hashem, but it would be nice if Hamzah or Noor go for something different.
So with that in mind,
Boy:
Ibrahim
Idrees
Ayaan
Isa
Saif

Girl:
Maha
Ayla
Jehan
Reem
Manal
Old 10-31-2006, 04:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
I actually find it a little annoying that the Jordanian Royals often choose names for their children that are already in the family. There are so many beautiful Arabic names out there and yes I realise they often choose names of signficance like Hashem, but it would be nice if Hamzah or Noor go for something different.
So with that in mind,
Boy:
Ibrahim
Idrees
Ayaan
Isa
Saif

Girl:
Maha
Ayla
Jehan
Reem
Manal
Idrees? Its very rare here in Jordan to find an "idrees" and Ayla too
is that an arabic name?
Old 10-31-2006, 04:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I think Ayla and Idrees are both Arabic, I'm pretty certain that Idrees is an Arabic name, although now that you mention it I'm not so sure about Ayla

Here's a link about the name Idrees
http://www.jamiat.org.za/isinfo/idrees.html

And one about Ayla which is derived from the Arabic word for moonlight
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayla
Old 10-31-2006, 04:41 PM
Courtier

well,I love a few names, I also want to be called um waseem,lol
boys:
Waseem,Saif,Fares,Ali,Omar,Rami ...
girls:
Rahaf,nagham.. and alot more, but I can't remember,LOL
Old 10-31-2006, 04:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the names Saif and Faris, I haven't heard Rami before, it's quite nice. what does it mean?
Old 10-31-2006, 04:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I think Ayla and Idrees are both Arabic, I'm pretty certain that Idrees is an Arabic name, although now that you mention it I'm not so sure about Ayla

Here's a link about the name Idrees
http://www.jamiat.org.za/isinfo/idrees.html

And one about Ayla which is derived from the Arabic word for moonlight
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayla
Yea I know Idrees, it's a messanger name in the Quraan, but Ayla im not familiar with at all! :)
thanks for the links :)
Old 10-31-2006, 04:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I love the names Saif and Faris, I haven't heard Rami before, it's quite nice. what does it mean?
Rami is very familiar in the arab world like Sami and Hani
Rami is derived from the arabic word (رام:ram) i think it's "reaching to smthing,like reach ur goals"
Old 10-31-2006, 04:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Ah, lovely meaning!

Actually, I think Ayla is Turkish.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Ah, lovely meaning!

Actually, I think Ayla is Turkish.
I love turkish names, some are really nice with beautiful meanings!
I can't wait till PN gives birth, I am soo excited for Hamzah, I feel as If I am the one who's becoming a parent,LOL
Old 10-31-2006, 04:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Here you are other link with names http://www.behindthename.com/usage.php