Possible Names for Prince Hamzah & Princess Noor's first child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if it is a boy he'll most certainly be called Abdallah or Mohammad, after all Hamzah is always proud to be a descendant of the prophet (PBUH), if it's a girl though I tend to think she'll be called Sarrah, an old name and was used in the Hashemite family for some generations now, be it for minor royals, and one of Noor's sister is called Sarrah. I don't think it will be a modern name at all or with a foreign sound like Lara or Gehan, in fact maybe Fatimah or Ruqqayah or even Zaynab after the prophet's daughters, hope it will be a healthy child whatever the sex or name will be :flowers:

I didn't know Mahala was arabic, I never heard of it,is it guys?
I dun like the name laila it reminds me of my math teacher at school,lol.
I dun also think they will choose fatimah or ruqqaya or even Zaynab, I think Hamzah will search in history books like sm1 said before and see what names have been in their family,Sarrah is nice though.

They should name their dughter Nana, LMAO, My name is cute guys!!
Nana bint Hamzah,Lmao, yea right!

tesaweer said:
OMG Lil Monkey, I swear I was thinking he'll name the child Abdullah for exactly the same reasons OMG, we're on the same wavelength, but I don't think if it is a girl he'll call her Basma, I think he'll take a dip in history books and find an early islamic or arabic and maybe a name from the Hashemite family tree, something unique but I'm sure will be beautiful :wub:

why not Hussein ? He did love his late father, so it would be obvious, I know there are other Husseins in the family, so what ?

lil Monkey said:
I didn't know Mahala was arabic, I never heard of it,is it guys?
I dun like the name laila it reminds me of my math teacher at school,lol.
I dun also think they will choose fatimah or ruqqaya or even Zaynab, I think Hamzah will search in history books like sm1 said before and see what names have been in their family,Sarrah is nice though.

They should name their dughter Nana, LMAO, My name is cute guys!!
Nana bint Hamzah,Lmao, yea right!
Nana bint Hamzah sounds great lol :lol: I do agree. I don't think Mahala is arabic, unless it is pronounced something else. BTY does anyone know if Hamzah Bin Abdulmuttalib, the prophet's uncle and the namesake of Hamzah himself had any daughters? and if so what were they called, I'm sure hamzah did search this , and didn't Prince Ali named his young daughter Jalilah after Jalilah bint Ali daughter of King Ali of the Hijaz. So to history books or The Hashemite family tree everyone and happy name hunting, BTW any guessing as how far is the pregnancy ?;)

tesaweer said:
Nana bint Hamzah sounds great lol :lol: I do agree. I don't think Mahala is arabic, unless it is pronounced something else. BTY does anyone know if Hamzah Bin Abdulmuttalib, the prophet's uncle and the namesake of Hamzah himself had any daughters? and if so what were they called, I'm sure hamzah did search this , and didn't Prince Ali named his young daughter Jalilah after Jalilah bint Ali daughter of King Ali of the Hijaz. So to history books or The Hashemite family tree everyone and happy name hunting, BTW any guessing as how far is the pregnancy ?;)
Yea isn't Nana a cute Name,LOL, Musical,ehhhm...
I dun think mahala is arabic either, unless as u said it's pronounced differently.
wow, I never thought of checking if Hamzah bin Abd Al-mutalib(radoya allah 3anh) had daughters:ermm: I wonder...
I think Noor is minimum 5 months pregnant,I would say 6 :cool:

princessnoorhamzah said:
why not Hussein ? He did love his late father, so it would be obvious, I know there are other Husseins in the family, so what ?
Why not Hussein indeed, it's such a lovely name. I agree there are many other Husseins in the family; Hussein Bin Abdallah, Hussein Bin Talal Bin Mohammad and Hussein Mirza Princess Aliya's son and the eldest grandson of the late King Hussein. But do you think KA will be happy and does Hamzah need the blessing of his brother the king to name his child I really dunno ;)

"Hajar" would be a very nive name for a girl.
But i stilL thinking that it will be a BOY who's name is TALAL.

Joumana said:
I dun think they will ever name Hajar.
Maybe Talal, but I also have doubts about it...:ermm:

yes yes yes Hajar is a lovely name I don't know whay I didn't think of that name , thanx Joumana to bring that name to our attention ^_^

Joumana said:
Now Joumana although Talal is a nice name but don't you think it is a bit difficult as when the wedding or engagement was announced, some people wrote that there was a big rift between Talal and Naif the two brothers and that's why Noor's father or grandfather left Jordan and went to live in Spain ?? Now Hamzah is very diplomatic and might use the name Talal to mend any possible trace of the old rift, though I personaly think there is none.

tesaweer said:
Why not Hussein indeed, it's such a lovely name. I agree there are many other Husseins in the family; Hussein Bin Abdallah, Hussein Bin Talal Bin Mohammad and Hussein Mirza Princess Aliya's son and the eldest grandson of the late King Hussein. But do you think KA will be happy and does Hamzah need the blessing of his brother the king to name his child I really dunno ;)

I really dun think he wud name him hussien, that's why its only logical to name him Abdullah,lol

Boy: Zeid, Hussein.
Girl:Sarah, Zein.

salma said:
Boy: Zeid, Hussein.
Girl:Sarah, Zein.
I do agree with you Salma, Zein or Sarah for a girl is what I think too. As for boys I'll go for Abdallah or Zeid ;)

Maybe if its a boy they will name it after Queen Noor's father?
I could also see them going with Hussein in honor of Hamzah's father.

Hey guys im not new to this forum but this is my first time to post and be part of it. I think if the baby was a boy they are gonna call him hussein(bcoz this is what the elder offspring of every marrige do/ like princess alia and king abdullah) or talal. And as you said if its a girl that is a tough one to predicte a name for her. Bcoz his mother and his wife is noor so no chance, and fairouza is a long and old name... so dont think they are gonna call the baby that. So its a tough one.... How about yasmine... It sounds nice Yasmine al Hamzah:) What do you think?!

you are welcome nada
boy: Abdullah Zaid Hashem Hussein Ali
girl : Sara Soha Yasmine

Sosha?? what's that name? never heard it before.

Boy :Abdullah or Zaid (love Zaid :))
Girl: Sara and I think Zain is possible too

(Tesaweer we both agree on the same names,let's wait and see :))

Girl: Jamilah - Beautiful, graceful, lovely
Boy: Najib, Najeeb - Of noble descent (After father of Queen Noor)

hilal said:
Girl: Jamilah - Beautiful, graceful, lovely
Boy: Najib, Najeeb - Of noble descent (After father of Queen Noor)

oh hilal, thats a good idea. maybe they call him after his grandfather. this would be a nice gesture to his mother I guess:flowers:

I third that, that would be a fabulous name for their Daughter

Congratulations, i knew it was going to be short spanse of time when they announced their expecting their first child.

houri said:
yes yes yes Hajar is a lovely name I don't know whay I didn't think of that name , thanx Joumana to bring that name to our attention ^_^
:flowers: :wub: :flowers:

Last edited:
Na'ima
Roshanah
Raiyah for a girl

Abdulilah
Abulkarim
younes for a Boy

lil Monkey said:
Sosha?? what's that name? never heard it before.

Boy :Abdullah or Zaid (love Zaid :))
Girl: Sara and I think Zain is possible too

(Tesaweer we both agree on the same names,let's wait and see :))
(Don't we just Lil Monkey, and I think we seem to agree on much more lol.)
I think Abdallah stands as the most likely name for a boy, there is I think no other one but the King himself, and Hamzah will use it to show his loyalty to his brother and to tell him there is no hard feelings, but then Zaid or Zeid, is after Prince Zaid, a Hashemite prince and a great great uncle to both Hamzah and Noor (Prince Zaid bin ALi was a younger brother to both King Faisal of Iraq and King Abdallah1 of Jordan) and grandfather of course to prince Zaid Bin Raad the unsuccsessful candidate for the UN secretary general post.
For girls Sara or Zain, after all didn't king Hussein choose that name to one of Prince Hassan's grand-daughter's ?

tesaweer said:
(Don't we just Lil Monkey, and I think we seem to agree on much more lol.)
I think Abdallah stands as the most likely name for a boy, there is I think no other one but the King himself, and Hamzah will use it to show his loyalty to his brother and to tell him there is no hard feelings, but then Zaid or Zeid, is after Prince Zaid, a Hashemite prince and a great great uncle to both Hamzah and Noor (Prince Zaid bin ALi was a younger brother to both King Faisal of Iraq and King Abdallah1 of Jordan) and grandfather of course to prince Zaid Bin Raad the unsuccsessful candidate for the UN secretary general post.
For girls Sara or Zain, after all didn't king Hussein choose that name to one of Prince Hassan's grand-daughter's ?

LOL much much more ;)
Yea I love all 4 names, let's wait and see, but I still prefere Nana bint Hamzah,LOL :lol: :ROFLMAO:

Maybe it will be hassan if the baby is a boy like the uncle of prince Hamza or just Hussein like his father.

Prince Hassan bin Hamza, prince Hussein bin Hamza.

Princess Hajar bint hamza. Beautiful

I think the most likely names for a Prince will be
1. Hussien
2. Talal
3. Mohammed
4. Najeeb

and for a girl
1. Zein
2. Noor
3. Haya
4. Alia

talal

why would he not call his son Talal, i think Talal is a great name for a boy and a man. His grandfather was a great man despite his flaws.

How about Gamal or Abdel? I know they are the names of the great Nasser but they are still good.

For a girl why not Iman or Alia?

rollin_keef said:
why would he not call his son Talal, i think Talal is a great name for a boy and a man. His grandfather was a great man despite his flaws.

How about Gamal or Abdel? I know they are the names of the great Nasser but they are still good.

For a girl why not Iman or Alia?
there's no such a name as abdel, It has to be abdel something, Like
Abd el Nasser, or Abd el Rahman.
I don't think they will ever name any of the royal family Abd el Nasser or Jamal, as King Hussien and President Jamal weren't very close, some say they didn't evne like each other!

ok

Ok thanks i never knew that Abdel had to be apart of something.

Why is it that no child of Hussein has named a son Talal after their grandfather?

I never hear that much about Talal especially as all the focus seems to be on Abdullah I and Hussein. Is the memory of Talal marginised in Jordan or downplayed?

How about for a boy they name him Ali after the former king Ali of the Hejaz or Faisal after Faisal bin al Hussein of Iraq? Or Abd al-Ilah or Ghazi?

This might be controversal but why not name him Saladin after that great name and a hero of mine. Could it be bad taste or seen to be grandstanding?

why dont prince hamzah name his daughter noor , i think it will be very cool his mother her name is noor n his wife is noor and his daugter 2. And iam so happy for prince hamzah.

marmarina said:
why dont prince hamzah name his daughter noor , i think it will be very cool his mother her name is noor n his wife is noor and his daugter 2. And iam so happy for prince hamzah.
LOL three Noors in the same family?? :lol:
Well,I think it will be a baby boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom