The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah's Brothers

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 05:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
Here you are other link with names http://www.behindthename.com/usage.php
Thank you

Old 10-31-2006, 05:56 PM
Courtier

Kareem wud be a nice name too,
Kareem bin Hamzah, ummm, nope it doesn't sound too good,lol

Old 10-31-2006, 07:18 PM
Courtier

Those are all lovely names I think, but my favorte is Ibrahim for a boy, and my user name is also quite nice and arabic I was told. Yay! I am so happy for them! Whatever the sex maybe I hope they will be healthy and happy.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:27 PM
Courtier

oh it will be great if they will name the new baby new name not a nam after some one in the family for example Abdallah although I love Abdallah name .

I like those names :

boys names : Saif , Faris , Khaled .
girls names : Amal , shahad , Manar , lara .
Old 10-31-2006, 07:32 PM
Courtier

Wouldn't it be just the sweetest thing if he chose his brother Hashim's name? I think it would be, although there are already 2 other Hashims. What are the possibilities of that happening?
Old 10-31-2006, 07:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

If it's a girl, why not Leila? One of my very good friends in high school was named Leila and I thought it was beautiful.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 10-31-2006, 07:38 PM
Courtier

princess Mahala in the arabic culture usually people like to be call by their child name , abu is father , so if he will have a boy and will name it Abdallah then he will be father of Abdallah ( abu Abdallah ) .

I hope my answer helped you ^_^
Old 10-31-2006, 07:41 PM
Courtier

Oh, that is very helpful houri, thanks so much! I thought it was something like that but was not sure. Now I know, and I must say that I love the arabic culture more and more. Thanks!
Old 10-31-2006, 07:49 PM
Courtier

That's a very pretty girls name. Out of so many I bet it's hard to just pick one. I wish them luck with that job. lol
Old 11-01-2006, 01:09 AM
Commoner

Smile

I guess if the baby is a boy the name will be hussein but if she is a girl maybe the name will be one of prince hamza sisters iman or raya .

thank you very much for this nice thread.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:38 AM
Aristocracy

I think if it is a boy he'll most certainly be called Abdallah or Mohammad, after all Hamzah is always proud to be a descendant of the prophet (PBUH), if it's a girl though I tend to think she'll be called Sarrah, an old name and was used in the Hashemite family for some generations now, be it for minor royals, and one of Noor's sister is called Sarrah. I don't think it will be a modern name at all or with a foreign sound like Lara or Gehan, in fact maybe Fatimah or Ruqqayah or even Zaynab after the prophet's daughters, hope it will be a healthy child whatever the sex or name will be
Old 11-01-2006, 06:36 AM
Courtier

I didn't know Mahala was arabic, I never heard of it,is it guys?
I dun like the name laila it reminds me of my math teacher at school,lol.
I dun also think they will choose fatimah or ruqqaya or even Zaynab, I think Hamzah will search in history books like sm1 said before and see what names have been in their family,Sarrah is nice though.

They should name their dughter Nana, LMAO, My name is cute guys!!
Nana bint Hamzah,Lmao, yea right!
Old 11-01-2006, 07:28 AM
Commoner

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesaweer
OMG Lil Monkey, I swear I was thinking he'll name the child Abdullah for exactly the same reasons OMG, we're on the same wavelength, but I don't think if it is a girl he'll call her Basma, I think he'll take a dip in history books and find an early islamic or arabic and maybe a name from the Hashemite family tree, something unique but I'm sure will be beautiful

why not Hussein ? He did love his late father, so it would be obvious, I know there are other Husseins in the family, so what ?
Old 11-01-2006, 09:03 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
I didn't know Mahala was arabic, I never heard of it,is it guys?
I dun like the name laila it reminds me of my math teacher at school,lol.
I dun also think they will choose fatimah or ruqqaya or even Zaynab, I think Hamzah will search in history books like sm1 said before and see what names have been in their family,Sarrah is nice though.

They should name their dughter Nana, LMAO, My name is cute guys!!
Nana bint Hamzah,Lmao, yea right!
Nana bint Hamzah sounds great lol I do agree. I don't think Mahala is arabic, unless it is pronounced something else. BTY does anyone know if Hamzah Bin Abdulmuttalib, the prophet's uncle and the namesake of Hamzah himself had any daughters? and if so what were they called, I'm sure hamzah did search this , and didn't Prince Ali named his young daughter Jalilah after Jalilah bint Ali daughter of King Ali of the Hijaz. So to history books or The Hashemite family tree everyone and happy name hunting, BTW any guessing as how far is the pregnancy ?
Old 11-01-2006, 09:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesaweer
Nana bint Hamzah sounds great lol I do agree. I don't think Mahala is arabic, unless it is pronounced something else. BTY does anyone know if Hamzah Bin Abdulmuttalib, the prophet's uncle and the namesake of Hamzah himself had any daughters? and if so what were they called, I'm sure hamzah did search this , and didn't Prince Ali named his young daughter Jalilah after Jalilah bint Ali daughter of King Ali of the Hijaz. So to history books or The Hashemite family tree everyone and happy name hunting, BTW any guessing as how far is the pregnancy ?
Yea isn't Nana a cute Name,LOL, Musical,ehhhm...
I dun think mahala is arabic either, unless as u said it's pronounced differently.
wow, I never thought of checking if Hamzah bin Abd Al-mutalib(radoya allah 3anh) had daughters I wonder...
I think Noor is minimum 5 months pregnant,I would say 6
Old 11-01-2006, 09:11 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessnoorhamzah
why not Hussein ? He did love his late father, so it would be obvious, I know there are other Husseins in the family, so what ?
Why not Hussein indeed, it's such a lovely name. I agree there are many other Husseins in the family; Hussein Bin Abdallah, Hussein Bin Talal Bin Mohammad and Hussein Mirza Princess Aliya's son and the eldest grandson of the late King Hussein. But do you think KA will be happy and does Hamzah need the blessing of his brother the king to name his child I really dunno
Old 11-01-2006, 09:13 AM
Courtier

"Hajar" would be a very nive name for a girl.
But i stilL thinking that it will be a BOY who's name is TALAL.

It was too good to be true...
Old 11-01-2006, 09:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joumana
I dun think they will ever name Hajar.
Maybe Talal, but I also have doubts about it...
Old 11-01-2006, 09:23 AM
Courtier

yes yes yes Hajar is a lovely name I don't know whay I didn't think of that name , thanx Joumana to bring that name to our attention ^_^
Old 11-01-2006, 09:42 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joumana
Now Joumana although Talal is a nice name but don't you think it is a bit difficult as when the wedding or engagement was announced, some people wrote that there was a big rift between Talal and Naif the two brothers and that's why Noor's father or grandfather left Jordan and went to live in Spain ?? Now Hamzah is very diplomatic and might use the name Talal to mend any possible trace of the old rift, though I personaly think there is none.