General Questions about Faisal, Ali, Hamzah, Hashim & their families

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lords

Gentry
Country
Turkey
Regarding the post that spoke PA's behavior in public, what are the protocol manners in the Jordanian Palaces and do all the Jordanian Royals must work by it (considering the fact that one Prince is applying it and the other is not)? Can Ali as a Prince behave and dress they way he pleases not according to the protocol and not being blamed or pointed to that his behavior is not appropriate for a Prince? Moreover, does this disobeying of the protocol make Ali not a "real prince"?

Does the Jordanian people need to bow, like the British people to their Royal family, or have to kiss the hand of the Royal family the way Moroccans do or it's not an obligatory thing? Or it is but JRF with the simple life they lived they'd hate to force such action to their people? I would love to get answers on those questions. I have always thought that the greatest thing in Ali is that he isn't framed by the protocol and he can act they way that makes him and the people who meets him comfortable. There are photos of him posing with females, signing autographs, greeting people. He can also express his opinion in certain issues like "honor crimes", cheer the football team in a way that any ordinary guy would do. I guess this is what makes him such a fabulous person, a human, not a robot.

Any idea if Ali himself has body guards? I know he is one but doesn't the fact that he is a prince himself make him a wanted target for the terriers especially theses days? There's a photo of Prince Faisal with bodyguards though he went to a mosques, I don't if he ever had ones, but it made think about Prince Ali's safety. Am just expressing my worries……

Last edited by a moderator:
Lords said:
Regarding the post that spoke PA's behavior in public, what are the protocol manners in the Jordanian Palaces and do all the Jordanian Royals must work by it (considering the fact that one Prince is applying it and the other is not)? Can Ali as a Prince behave and dress they way he pleases not according to the protocol and not being blamed or pointed to that his behavior is not appropriate for a Prince? Moreover, does this disobeying of the protocol make Ali not a "real prince"?

Does the Jordanian people need to bow, like the British people to their Royal family, or have to kiss the hand of the Royal family the way Moroccans do or it's not an obligatory thing? Or it is but JRF with the simple life they lived they'd hate to force such action to their people? I would love to get answers on those questions. I have always thought that the greatest thing in Ali is that he isn't framed by the protocol and he can act they way that makes him and the people who meets him comfortable. There are photos of him posing with females, signing autographs, greeting people. He can also express his opinion in certain issues like "honor crimes", cheer the football team in a way that any ordinary guy would do. I guess this is what makes him such a fabulous person, a human, not a robot.

in Jordan of course there is certain protocol’s , like KA PF PHAM PHas always are framed with the protocol, they should wear suits and ties, they always smile , there must be lines between them and people, there is no certain protocol when you meet the king or the prince no bow and no hand kissing m some of them kiss there shoulders ,
PA he is doing everything but protocol , and this is makes some people criticize him , PA easily talks to people wears what he wants, Jeans, tied shirt, talk as he wants
( once he called Jordanian TV and he was in Norway so when he finished said( do you recommend any thing from Norway ) everyone was shocked and happy ,
he is soo simple easily talks to people make them feel as they are friends since a long time , i like him because he live his life as he like not as the others wants , and he doesn't act any role just to get more points, and BTW now he is the most popular prince because of his touched humanity
Lords said:
Any idea if Ali himself has body guards? I know he is one but doesn't the fact that he is a prince himself make him a wanted target for the terriers especially theses days? There's a photo of Prince Faisal with bodyguards though he went to a mosques, I don't if he ever had ones, but it made think about Prince Ali's safety. Am just expressing my worries……

yes he has , and what we know here in Jordan about him that he hates guards and always try to run away from them ,
now he works as a guard , maybe to understand the importance of the guards

suria said:
they always smile , there must be lines between them and people, there is no certain protocol when you meet the king or the prince no bow and no hand kissing m some of them kiss there shoulders ,
PA he is doing everything but protocol , and this is makes some people criticize him , PA easily talks to people wears what he wants, Jeans, tied shirt, talk as he wants
( once he called Jordanian TV and he was in Norway so when he finished said( do you recommend any thing from Norway ) everyone was shocked and happy

They always smile?LOL...umm I am gonna have to disagree,U can see rare pics of them smiling,I don't think the protocol says "smile all the time"!

There must be lines (for sec. purposes) between the King and people,the same goes for the CP,not all the princes.
And about the shoulder kissing,its to show respect.

I do remember when Ali called JTV and said that,he made me laugh so much,it was sooooooooooo cute of him. But I think he always says that,it's rather a habbit,I even heard the king saying that a few times (betwasu 3la eshi,Do u need (recommend) anything?).

suria said:
in Jordan of course there is certain protocol’s , like KA PF PHAM PHas always are framed with the protocol, they should wear suits and ties, they always smile , there must be lines between them and people, there is no certain protocol when you meet the king or the prince no bow and no hand kissing m some of them kiss there shoulders ,

( once he called Jordanian TV and he was in Norway so when he finished said( do you recommend any thing from Norway ) everyone was shocked and happy ,
Did he really say that? What a doll! I bet we'd never hear this thing from Prince Charles! It's a great thing that he doesn't act according to the protocol but what upsets me is that if people might underestimate his position as a prince just because he isn't a protocol freak.
However, I think that smiling is a pure humanity jester; it doesn't have to be related to the protocol but the wardrobe maybe. I've never seen PF for instance in casual wear, always a complete suit.
I used to, and still do actually, have chats with Jordanians and most of them do know and some like Ali, some of JRF aren't well known to the people but Ali is.
suria said:
yes he has , and what we know here in Jordan about him that he hates guards and always try to run away from them ,
now he works as a guard , maybe to understand the importance of the guards

But does he have ones NOW? He is a bodyguard himself, I thought of the idea of him not having any because he is one now. He should look after his safety especially that he will experience fatherhood in a couple of months in God's willing.

Sep 7 is the first wedding anniversary for PA and PR
best best wishes to the happy couple
and i found this in PH interviews she talked about PA love to PRym very nice
HERE IS THE ARTICLE ENJOY
:) :) :) :)

Attachments

• jj.jpg.bmp
    188 KB · Views: 348
hi, can someone tell me what the official styles and titles prince faisal, princess alia and their children have??

Princess Robijn said:
hi, can someone tell me what the official styles and titles prince faisal, princess alia and their children have??

They are all His or Her Royal Highness Prince or Princess.......

I would like to get one honorary diploma like Ali and Haya. We comone people have to work hard for our diploma's.
It seems like Ali and Haya are not the smartest ones in their family. I think it's not easy for Ali's ego to have Rym as your wife (she has zilion master degree's, non of them honorary).

ines said:
I would like to get one honorary diploma like Ali and Haya. We comone people have to work hard for our diploma's.
It seems like Ali and Haya are not the smartest ones in their family. I think it's not easy for Ali's ego to have Rym as your wife (she has zilion master degree's, non of them honorary).

certificates have nothing to do with smart u can have a dozens of diplomas but this doesn't certainly means that you r smart enough. For Haya I think she is very smart person as for Ali he did a great job that the others of the family who have many certificates can't do, for Rym she is smart for picking Ali as a husband can't argue on this...:wub:

i think that at that period i mean when PA was studding at collages his father passed away ???

Can somebody tell me why is Hashim dressed like that. Does he has to do that because his traditional wife? Or? I think It's same when our prince Willem-Alexander would wheare a Scottish kilt. Funny.

Can somebody tell me why is Hashim dressed like that. Does he has to do that because his traditional wife? Or? I think It's same when our prince Willem-Alexander would wheare a Scottish kilt. Funny.

Well, I don't think it is because of his wife, and the comparison with P. W-A has nothing to do. P.Hashem is 1) a Jordanian, 2) an Arab, and 3) a Muslim so wearing traditional clothes is not abnormal for him. He's being doing so for a while now.

Since when are those clothes Muslim? The largest Muslim country is Indonesia, and I don't think they dress like that. Arab, maybe.

there is no such a thing as islamic dress for men, there are different traditional thoubs for every country, some of them wear them daily, some for prayers and some for occations; Pakistan, Indonisia, Jordan...
And for PHashem, we've seen him many times with traditional clothes,it's what he likes/prefers I guess.

The traditional dress that he wears is a Jordanian traditional dress and has nothing to do with his wife. Usually the royal family wears the Jordanian traditional dress in most of the occasions. The red and whit "Hata" (the thing he puts on his hair) is the Jordanian "Hata".

How many children does Prince Faisal have and is Prince Rashid his son

How many children does Prince Faisal have and is Prince Rashid his son

As can be seen in the Mini-biographies thread, Prince Faisal and Princess Aliya have 4 children. Their only son is Prince Omar, who was born in 1993.

Prince Rashid is the son of Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath. He was born on May 20, 1979.

i think prince ali attended sandhusrt...i was wondering if anyone knows if he graduated??? thanks

I haven't been following the Jordan royals very much in the past two years and so I'm just catching up. I was surprised the other day to read that it's Prince Ali rather than Prince Hamzah who now acts as regent whenever the King is out of the country. As for instance, on this current trip to the U.S. by King Abdullah and his wife. Has this been happening ever since Prince Hamzah lost his position as Crown Prince? If age and seniority is the reason, then why doesn't the King appoint Prince Feisal as regent instead if he's not going to appoint Hamzah as regent?

mostly likely whos available does it? idk what the princes do now but maybe p.ali is more to be availble, also its been long time away for the king.

I haven't been following the Jordan royals very much in the past two years and so I'm just catching up. I was surprised the other day to read that it's Prince Ali rather than Prince Hamzah who now acts as regent whenever the King is out of the country. As for instance, on this current trip to the U.S. by King Abdullah and his wife. Has this been happening ever since Prince Hamzah lost his position as Crown Prince? If age and seniority is the reason, then why doesn't the King appoint Prince Feisal as regent instead if he's not going to appoint Hamzah as regent?

prince Ali is king abdullah's right hand and the king trust him the most, he is now the head of the national security center, and if he is not travelling with the king he usually the regent.

prince Ali is king abdullah's right hand and the king trust him the most, he is now the head of the national security center, and if he is not travelling with the king he usually the regent.
How do you know he trusts him the most? I don't think he would trust his half brother more than Faisal? :ermm:

How do you know he trusts him the most? I don't think he would trust his half brother more than Faisal? :ermm:

am not going to say from private sources, king abdullah entrusted Prince Ali with the establishment of the “National Centre for Security and Crisis Management which includes the most critical security departments in Jordan including army, moreover prince Ali worked with the king as the head of his security guards for 9 years, when the king travels prince Ali is the regent most of the time, according to these sensitive positions that the king handout to prince Ali you can say that the king depend on him a lot and use his popularity in Jordan specially among youth. There is no prince in Jordan including faisal has such positions and responsibilities.

here is a copy of the letter that the king send to prince Ali

Jordan Times

Is Prince Ali still officially the head of the Circassian Guard? Long ago I saw another website owned by a photojournalist who had taken some wonderful photographs of the Circassian Guard in their uniforms and Prince Ali with them as their commander. Unfortunately, I can't recall the name or the bookmark!:(

actually to correct you all, the reason prince ali is regent most of the time, is due to the fact that prince faisal has been accompanying HM alot on most of his trips abroad.. thus the reason for why prince ali is regent on some occasions.. before prince faisal accompanied HM on his trips abroad, he was usually placed as regent.. i can remember this as P.Ayah is a classmate and good friend of mine, and we would always notice when her father would b regent! so the position of regent is usually handed to the eldest brother who is in the country at the time! not because HM doesnt not trust prince faisal as much as ali.. again i know this because sometimes P.Ayah's father would not b able to go on holiday or come to watch her games as he was regent.. but now he is traveling alot with HM.. :)

actually to correct you all, the reason prince ali is regent most of the time, is due to the fact that prince faisal has been accompanying HM alot on most of his trips abroad.. thus the reason for why prince ali is regent on some occasions.. before prince faisal accompanied HM on his trips abroad, he was usually placed as regent.. i can remember this as P.Ayah is a classmate and good friend of mine, and we would always notice when her father would b regent! so the position of regent is usually handed to the eldest brother who is in the country at the time! not because HM doesnt not trust prince faisal as much as ali.. again i know this because sometimes P.Ayah's father would not b able to go on holiday or come to watch her games as he was regent.. but now he is traveling alot with HM.. :)

Exactly what I was thinking about, but didn't wanna interpret because I wasn't 100% sure and didn't want to sound as if I am spreading news. But as you said it's usually P.Faisal who's sworn in as regent ,unless he's not available the second eldest son/brother is sworn in as regent...and so on. But as most of the time P.Faisal is away or busy P.Ali is the regent and when prince Ali isn't in Jordan, Prince Hamzah (who isn't in Jordan most of the time) or Prince Hashem take the responsibility.

hello, was wonderin that Phashem's sister and new daughter do spells their names the same way (i think) الأميرة راية dont they sound same way? like raya? also do have to say "al noor" or just raya?

Questions about Princess Rym and her family

Rym is 1/4 Croatian through her grandfather , her maternal Grandmother was Armenian i think,judging from this article.
Salah Brahimi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
has an ascendency which includes a mother of Croatian origin and a grandmother of Armenian origin (and who was married to grandfather Milan Bacic, a former Commander of the Royal Military Court of King Peter of Yugoslavia).

well that si smethign i would like to know too..also does anyone know (or can just guesstimate) how much each of the princes are worth in terms fo money? i mean is it $200 million ( i think i may have read tis sumplace)for each of the King's sons, or less, or more?

hello,
thanx for this nice topic...but i wanna ask about prince hashem wife...y don't we see her on tv and in official cermonies
?????

Back
Top Bottom