Engagement of Prince Feisal & Sara Qabbani: March 20, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations .. :) but why king Abdullah did not attend?

Yes, it is noteworthy that the King didn't attend! Very strange.
To be honest, it is a bit difficult for me to congratulate the happy couple.

i was shocked by the time , announcement way ..... pity for the children whom will celebrate mother's day 2morrow
and no mention of the wedding date . i think they should have been married without engagement !

Yes it is a very insensitive way to do it. What a father!

Yes, it is noteworthy that the King didn't attend! Very strange.
To be honest, it is a bit difficult for me to congratulate the happy couple.
This is life dear i cant say any thing just congratulations!!!! .. i know its sad 4 princess Alia and children.

congratulation for the couple finally the love story ended with happenies marriage

i was shocked by the time , announcement way ..... pity for the children whom will celebrate mother's day 2morrow
and no mention of the wedding date . i think they should have been married without engagement !
I agree with u.. at least 4 his children!!!!

Petra

Amman, March 20 (Petra) -- A statement by the Royal Hashemite Court announced Saturday the Engagement of HRH Prince Faisal bin Al Hussein to Sara Bassam Qabbani.

The engagement ceremony took place in Jeddah in the presence of HRH Prince Hashem bin Al Hussein, Royal Court Chief Nasser Lawzy and Royal Family Imam Ahmad Hilayel and members of the Al Qabbani.

//Petra// A.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is such a surprise!
No pictures of the bride-to-be?

Prince Feisal has four children?
Why should he of got married with out an engagement? :ermm:

Sorry to be confused but i don't follow the eastern royal families alot.

Congratulations anyway. :)

I wonder if this was their "nikkah" ceremony.
We know that in the past Petra has used the word engagement interchangeably with nikkah.
If that's the case this time then the couple are married under the law. I noticed that the Royal family Imam was also present at the occasion.

I wonder if this was their "nikkah" ceremony.
We know that in the past Petra has used the word engagement interchangeably with nikkah.
If that's the case this time then the couple are married under the law. I noticed that the Royal family Imam was also present at the occasion.

No dear just Fatiha and engagement :) i read the Petra arabic article.

Thanks! So we can expect a wedding soon. Somehow I doubt it will be a grand, public affair. Probably something low-key with just the family present.

Thanks! So we can expect a wedding soon. Somehow I doubt it will be a grand, public affair. Probably something low-key with just the family present.
We dont know .. i think it will be Brief .. just family and friends :) or perhaps a small Nikah cermony !!!

Last edited:
I wonder whether or not Sara Qabbani will get a title of Princess and what her role in terms of official engagements will be.

I wonder whether or not Sara Qabbani will get a title of Princess and what her role in terms of official engagements will be.

I wonder the same, I hope Princess Alia keeps the title because she deserve it. I would congratulate the couple but I really like/prefer Princess Alia.

I can't imagine why Sara will not be known as Princess Sara upon her marriage. She will be the wife of Prince Faisal.

I wonder the same, I hope Princess Alia keeps the title because she deserve it. I would congratulate the couple but I really like/prefer Princess Alia.

Princess Alia has kept her title since the divorce.
It is quite clear that she's held in very high regard by the JRF and the Jordanian people, performs official duties and I'm sure will continue to do so.

As far as Prince Feisal's new wife-to-be is concerned, I'm sure we'll see her taking up an official role in time.

ps...the JRF already has two princesses named Sarah (slightly different spelling though), Prince Zeid's wife and ofcourse one of Prince Feisal's twin daughters.

Last edited:
Princess Alia has kept her title since the divorce.
It is quite clear that she's held in very high regard by the JRF and the Jordanian people, performs official duties and I'm sure will continue to do so.

As far as Prince Feisal's new wife-to-be is concerned, I'm sure we'll see her taking up an official role in time.

ps...the JRF already has two princesses named Sarah (slightly different spelling though), Prince Zeid's wife and ofcourse one of Prince Feisal's twin daughters.
I dont think that she will change her name .. she will be known as HRH princess Sara al faisal or Sara faisal accourding to the JRF traditions after nikah cermony. The other Saras also can keep their names and tites.

Last edited:
:eek: wow so i am shocked the rumers for them were true, but i am happy for them. now we know hes maby not so sad like some were saying ;).

i dont think palia will lose this title unless she remarrys like some other family members? :ermm: unless this doesnt happen for all?

sarah qabbani is really beautiful lady and she s seems younger than him . can anyone tell me her exact age

Do you think we'll see a picture of Prince Faisal, Sara and his children? (Before the wedding that is.)

Josette

Do you think we'll see a picture of Prince Faisal, Sara and his children? (Before the wedding that is.)

Josette
I hope .. but don`t think so .. princess Ayah and Prince Omar are in UK or france i think ..
Perhaps King Abdullah will receive them as he did with princess Badia and her husband Khalid Blair.

I hope they wore happy and that the children like here !

Wonderful news for the couple - Congratulations! :flowers:

Miss Sarah Qabbani looks indeed very beautiful and charming.

Princess Ayah is in the UK, but has cut her stay short and is returning tomorrow to Amman, to be there to support her mother and sisters who are in shock, as well as to be there for her brother as they all need all the support and care they can get. This is a huge shock to everyone especially P.Ayah as she was in the UK when she was told, and had gone to paris for the day when it happened, to be able to clear her head!
Princess Alia will keep her title, as it was given to her by the late King Hussein.

I feel bad for P.Ayah, having to feel like she must carry all their pain on her shoulders, because she doesn't want to seem them hurting! They are always in my prayers, for God to grant them the strength that they need!

Princess Ayah is in the UK, but has cut her stay short and is returning tomorrow to Amman, to be there to support her mother and sisters who are in shock, as well as to be there for her brother as they all need all the support and care they can get. This is a huge shock to everyone especially P.Ayah as she was in the UK when she was told, and had gone to paris for the day when it happened, to be able to clear her head!
Princess Alia will keep her title, as it was given to her by the late King Hussein.

I feel bad for P.Ayah, having to feel like she must carry all their pain on her shoulders, because she doesn't want to seem them hurting! They are always in my prayers, for God to grant them the strength that they need!
I agree with u nashmeyeh .. it is a big shock for all !!!.. My prayers for them.
it is really hard for them.. do u have any information about why KA and princess Muna didn`t attend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom