Engagement of Prince Ali and Rym Brahimi: April 2004 - News & Pictures

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Humble

B) How true?

I read that it is said that Prince Ali got engaged to an Algerian Journalist, a CNN reporter in Amman, Jordan. She is the daughter of a UN officer, Lakhdar Ibrahimi. Her name is Rime..

http://www.arabtimes.com/dailynews.php?id=807

Well time will say if this is true or just a rumor...

Wow! Three weddings/engagements in one year. The JRF is on a roll!

Could it be her? Bravo to him. She is lovely and is well-spoken. She has been in Iraq a lot this past year. Of course. But anyway, bravo to him.

she's a lovely woman...but for some reason i can't imagine her with ali - especially not after all those rumors about how wild he is...but who knows for sure...the rumors may not have been true (as most rumors are) or he could have changed...

anyway...if the engagement is true, i wish them both the best...

i hope there will be some pictures soon... :flower:

He is wild? Wow, they are an odd couple then. Or he has changed.

have any of you seen her on TV...she's quite eloquent (in my opinion) and i have always admired her...she interviewed queen rania once as well...

i don't know too much about her...just that her father works with the UN....

i guess she's in her early or mid 30's...she's probably around the same age as ali.

He is wild?

Prince Ali has been said to be a bit of a playboy by several. Is it true? I don't know, but most likely possible. ;)

she's a lovely woman...but for some reason i can't imagine her with ali - especially not after all those rumors about how wild he is...but who knows for sure...the rumors may not have been true (as most rumors are) or he could have changed...

I agree. She is also a fine journalist. I remember watching her quite often during the first days of the war in Iraq and she was incredibly well spoken and has a very wonderful speaking voice. She does seem very sophisticated and grounded for Ali. However, maybe his wild days are over and he is ready to marry and settle down with someone? If so, Ms. Brahimi certainly appears to be a fine choice. :unsure:

isn't arabtimes the only website banned in jordan? it's kind of ironic that it should be the first media outlet to report the engagement...

this could all be a hoax... :eek:

Course the question is what's in it for her? Marrying an ex playboy doesn't sound like a good start to things.

assuming this whole thing is true, do you think she'll keep her job? i mean, it's very possible since ali is only prince - as opposed to crown prince - and it would make sense for her to continue reporting from jordan...

but then again, she might not have the same respect because she'll probably report in favor of jordan...especially in favor of the jordan royal family.

The ArabTimes is FULL of errors about the JRF. They say there is a Prince Ahmed and there isn't, for example. Rumors have put Ali engaged several times in the past two years. It is possible that it is true, but I wouldn't put too much behind it considering the outlet.

Remember Ghida was a journalist when she married Talal......she didn't keep working.

Hmm...Ali engaged? I'm not sure I buy that.

Arab Times is very anti-JRF, and considering they are the only "source" (the guy that runs it is crazy), I'm not sure how true it is. interesting, nonetheless.

Rym Brahimi is very eloquent and well-spoken, but she's not someone I would have thought Ali ever to marry. plus, from TV, she always seemed a lot older, like late 30's/early 40's. Maybe I'm just mistaken, though. I really like her, though.

But why isn't it mentioned in the Jordanian news? It's probably not true. But then again, who knows? There were rumours about his sister Haya and Sheikh Muhammad long before they got married.

Originally posted by Banadoora@Apr 19th, 2004 - 6:15 pm
But why isn't it mentioned in the Jordanian news? It's probably not true. But then again, who knows? There were rumours about his sister Haya and Sheikh Muhammad long before they got married.
Let's just wait and see what happens. I agree that this is definitely not the most reliable source. However, I agree that we all thought that rumors about Princess Haya and Sheikh Mohammed and now they are actually married. Of course, Ali is a different personality, so one never knows. In the meantime, it does make for interesing discussion. ;)

wow, what a suprise if the rumour is true. i agree what an unusual couple and she does look older than him.

Well we're going to have to wait and see. Nothing's ever clear when it comes to the Hashemites' love lives. At least not until they're married. :huh:

I think so too. It looks a lot like her..
I hope that we will get a confirmation soon..or denial if that's the case..

so i guess they are either getting engaged in the future or were once an item...i can't think of any other reason of rym being there with them.

i don't think they will get engaged anytime soon, however. lakdar brahimi (her father) is playing a huge role in iraq right now and i doubt he would want to see his daughter's engagement while things are still jittery in iraq.

This is not the engagement ...but the actual wedding (the Nikah) where the marriage contract is signed. They are now husband and wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom