The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah's Brothers

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 09:41 AM
Serene Highness

It depends on the country. Saudi Arabia doesn't even let women leave their homes alone.

Old 08-23-2004, 09:45 AM
Aristocracy

i think all but the most liberal of Arab countries frown on PDA.

Old 08-29-2004, 10:45 AM
bluetortuga

P. Ali's wedding seems to be just days before the Crown Prince of Brunei's wedding on September 9. I'm sure the JRF will be "expected" to attend since the Sultan of Brunei and all his sons attended CP Hamzah's wedding in May.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:46 AM
Nobility

I think you will find that P. Basma and her family will be there. They are good frinds of the Sultan of Brunei, so maybe they will represent the family. But I thought it was later in September. But maybe I am wrong.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:19 AM
Aristocracy

Question Interesting... news from the royal court

*** Statement of The Royal Court
Amman, Aug.31(Petra)-- Upon the desire of His Royal Highness Prince
Ali Ben Al Hussein and Miss Reem Al Ibrahimi not to hold an
official reception ceremony on their wedding day, His Majesty King
Abdullah ordered the distribution of aid and food to the needy
families in the various parts of the Kingdom.

The Royal Hashemite Court will start as of today the distribution
a six-month supply of the basic food needs of each family for
thousands of families.

His Majesty King Abdullah will hold an official lunch banquet for
public and official activities at the Royal Court on Sep.15th.

In the presence of His Majesty King Abdullah, members of the
Royal family and Mr. Al Akhdar Al Ibrahimi, the engagement ceremony
of HRH Prince Ali and Miss Reem Al Ibrahimi will be held on Sep.7th
at Bait Al Baraka palace .
Old 08-31-2004, 06:30 AM
Aristocracy

new pics of the royal couple

theres some new pics of the couple, great pics

http://maher.iota-online.com/11,276,.html
Old 08-31-2004, 07:05 AM
Majesty

thank you for the link

I will post the picture here so we do not lose them
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj88OCthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGhoBR1JG.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	38653   Click image for larger version

Name:	pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj88OSthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGhsBR1JG.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	38654   Click image for larger version

Name:	pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj88PCthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGh4BR1JG.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	38655   Click image for larger version

Name:	pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj88PithYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGhwBR1JG.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	38656  

Name:	pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj88PSthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGh8BR1JG.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	38657   Click image for larger version

Name:	pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj88PythYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGh0BR1JG.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	38658   Click image for larger version

Name:	pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj89NCthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGxYBR1JG.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	38659   Click image for larger version

Name:	pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj89NSthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGxcBR1JG.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	38660  

Name:	pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj89OithYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGxgBR1JG.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	38661   Click image for larger version

Name:	pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj89OythYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGxkBR1JG.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	38662  
Old 08-31-2004, 07:07 AM
Majesty

and the four last

I found four photos that have not been posted
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj88NCthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGhYBR1JG.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	38663   Click image for larger version

Name:	pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj88OithYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGhgBR1JG.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	38664   Click image for larger version

Name:	pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj88OythYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGhkBR1JG.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	38665   Click image for larger version

Name:	pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj8zPCthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZFR4BR1JG.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	38666  

Name:	pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj48NSthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUFQNVUVFbFxgYGhcBR1JG.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	38667   Click image for larger version

Name:	pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj4zOCthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUFQNVUVFbFxgYFRoBR1JG.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	38668   Click image for larger version

Name:	pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj4zOythYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUFQNVUVFbFxgYFRkBR1JG.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	38669   Click image for larger version

Name:	pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj4zPythYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUFQNVUVFbFxgYFR0BR1JG.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	38670  

Old 08-31-2004, 08:17 AM
Nobility

Oh My GOd,these pictures are so cute,and they do look in love,That's so sweet,does anyone know where these pictures were taken?
Congratulations To Both of them.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:36 AM
Serene Highness

I still think he is pulling away from her, but not as much.
Old 08-31-2004, 11:51 AM
Aristocracy

They look sooooo cute together. i love the photos! does this mean that there isn't going to be a party? so disappointing...i was looking forward to another wedding celebration....it would have been another chance to see the JRF and maybe other royals who would have attended. However, the idea of handing out food and other basic needs to Jordanian people in place of a wedding is a very sweet thing to do. very heart warming... Congrats to the couple
Old 08-31-2004, 02:39 PM
Aristocracy

regarding these mga or mota photos from the company in paris:

obviously they have some 'in' with haya and ali and i don't mind that. but the pose that rym is striking is similar to some of haya's poses. so the photos look kinda eerry in that 'high school yearbook' way where everyone has their head tilted in the same direction.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:57 PM
Majesty

I alos thought so, I guess there will not be a royal event then but that does not bother me when they are makeing so other people can eat a good meal for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles
They look sooooo cute together. i love the photos! does this mean that there isn't going to be a party? so disappointing...i was looking forward to another wedding celebration....it would have been another chance to see the JRF and maybe other royals who would have attended. However, the idea of handing out food and other basic needs to Jordanian people in place of a wedding is a very sweet thing to do. very heart warming... Congrats to the couple
Old 08-31-2004, 04:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
if you find some other prince ali photos just post away I love the photo of Prince ali and Crown Princess Victoria dancing have you seen it?

oh i like those pics also, they both have a cheeky look in their face.

I wonder if Victoria will come to Jordan and attend Ali's wedding
Old 08-31-2004, 04:51 PM
Aristocracy

another msg from the royal court

Statement by the Royal Court
Amman, Aug. 31 (Petra)--His Royal Highness Prince Ali and Ms. Rym
Al-Brahimi have expressed their desire not to hold a reception on the
occasion of their marriage, instead, His Majesty King Abdullah II has
ordered that food and livelihood provisions be distributed to needy Jordanian
families throughout the Kingdom.
On August 31st the Royal Hashemite Court will distribute food supplies,
sufficient for six months, to thousands of needy families in the governorates,
the Badia and refugee camps.
His Royal Highness Prince Ali and Ms. Rym Al-Brahimi will be married
in the presence of His Majesty King Abdullah II, members of the royal
family, Mr. Al-Akhdar Al-Brahimi and other family members on 7th of September
at His Majesty king Abdullah's residence: "Bayt Al-Urdon".
On this happy occasion, His Majesty king Abdullah II will host a lunch
banquet for tribal leaders and refugee camp representatives, senior Jordanian
officials and members of the diplomatic corps. The banquet will be held
on the grounds of Bani Hashem, at the Royal Hashemite Court on September
5th.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:04 AM
Royal Highness

www.hellomagazine.com

Prince Ali cancels wedding bash to help poor

1 SEPTEMBER 2004

Jordan's Prince Ali has decided to cancel his wedding reception and give the money to the country's needy instead.

King Abdullah's half-brother, who got engaged to former CNN reporter Rym Brahimi last April, is planning to make his vows next Tuesday. But instead of staging a banquet to mark the big day, they will use the money set aside to help feed some of Jordan's poorest communities.

"The wishes of Ali ibn al-Hussein and Miss Rym Brahimi are not to hold a wedding reception," revealed the royal palace. "Therefore His Majesty King Abdullah II, the dean of the Hashemite family has ordered the distribution of food aid to 1,000 poor families over the next six months. Food distribution will begin today in the governorates and (Palestinian refugee) camps."

The gesture will come as a surprise to royal watchers, but the couple is already well-known for their commitment to social causes. During her time as CNN's Baghdad correspondent, Rym earned a reputation as one of the broadcaster's most dedicated reporters.

News of their decision comes hot on the heels of Abdullah and Rania's announcement that they are to become parents for the fourth time. The king and queen of Jordan announced on Monday they are expecting their new arrival next March

A very kind and generous gesture on the part of Ali and Rym!
Old 09-01-2004, 10:12 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia
A very kind and generous gesture on the part of Ali and Rym!
Yes, I agree. But did he actually cancel a ceremony or just not plan one in the first place? I wonder. . .
Old 09-01-2004, 10:15 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by papillon
Yes, I agree. But did he actually cancel a ceremony or just not plan one in the first place? I wonder. . .
Good point. It would be interesting to know if he cancelled the ceremony or just didn't plan one to begin with.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia
Good point. It would be interesting to know if he cancelled the ceremony or just didn't plan one to begin with.
My spies in the souk say the latter. There is however going to be big Bedouin bash in the Palace, and then a private party. I think it is only the formal reception that is not happening.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:53 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley
My spies in the souk say the latter. There is however going to be big Bedouin bash in the Palace, and then a private party. I think it is only the formal reception that is not happening.
Hmmm. So should we all be less impressed with the food donation gesture?! I'm so confused about the elaborate nature of Jordanian weddings. So many steps in the process, so many festivities.