The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah's Brothers

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 11:19 PM
Commoner

wow, what a suprise if the rumour is true. i agree what an unusual couple and she does look older than him.

Old 04-20-2004, 07:59 PM
Nobility

Well we're going to have to wait and see. Nothing's ever clear when it comes to the Hashemites' love lives. At least not until they're married.

Old 04-22-2004, 08:09 PM
Courtier

at first i thought this whole thing was a hoax but then i chanced upon this photo of rym brahimi on vacation in majorca with queen rania and king abdullah...i'm pretty sure ali was there too.

pure coincidence?

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/CF...ir+children&p=7

click on the second picture and i'm pretty sure that's rym brahimi behind queen rania...what do you guys think?
Old 04-22-2004, 08:43 PM
Nobility

I think so too. It looks a lot like her..
I hope that we will get a confirmation soon..or denial if that's the case..
Old 04-22-2004, 09:07 PM
Courtier

so i guess they are either getting engaged in the future or were once an item...i can't think of any other reason of rym being there with them.

i don't think they will get engaged anytime soon, however. lakdar brahimi (her father) is playing a huge role in iraq right now and i doubt he would want to see his daughter's engagement while things are still jittery in iraq.
Old 04-23-2004, 01:03 PM
Commoner

he is engaged it is on the washinton post website look under Middle East news

here is the URL

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...-2004Apr23.html
Old 04-23-2004, 01:18 PM
Courtier

so why in paris and not amman?
Old 04-23-2004, 01:35 PM
Commoner

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2004/Apr/23/19051900.htm

You can read it in petra too.
Old 04-23-2004, 02:04 PM
CathyEarnshaw

This is not the engagement ...but the actual wedding (the Nikah) where the marriage contract is signed. They are now husband and wife.
Old 04-23-2004, 02:07 PM
Commoner

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/04/23/...iage/index.html
Old 04-23-2004, 02:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by madonna23@Apr 23rd, 2004 - 12:18 pm
so why in paris and not amman?
Maybe that's where she is living. Funny how Petra mentions her father, but not her accomplishments. And her father works for the UN--I am sure there's always some tumultous happeing!
Old 04-23-2004, 02:15 PM
Commoner

If you scroll down you can see all the links about the news;

http://schema-root.org/people/career/journ...ts/rym_brahimi/
Old 04-23-2004, 02:17 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks. He has not aged well---she is way better looking than him! And why wasn't Rania at the engagement party?
Old 04-23-2004, 02:17 PM
Commoner

She looks much older than Ali. I could not find anything about her age.
Old 04-23-2004, 02:20 PM
CathyEarnshaw

CNN has gotten it wrong in terminology... the concept of engagement, as we know it in the West does not exist in Islam.

The Nikah - the marriage signing contract -- is usually rather quiet - the bride is the only woman present, although the marriage contract can be signed without her being present.

The September 7th ceremony will be the Walimah, which is a more public occasion for the bride and groom.
Old 04-23-2004, 02:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Dunya@Apr 23rd, 2004 - 1:17 pm
She looks much older than Ali. I could not find anything about her age.
I would guess that she is either in her early thirties or late twenties. I have yet to find an actual date of birth for her either.

Personally, I think that Ali looks older than his years. He seems to have started to age suddenly. I see pictures of him from a few years ago and sometimes he is hardly recognizable. His physical appearance really has changed and his face really looks different to me. If I had to compare the two of them, I would say that they appear to be around the same age, give or take a few years here and there.
Old 04-23-2004, 02:24 PM
Commoner

On this link you can see a picture of them next to each other.
http://edition.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/04...ahimi.marriage/

I think he looks much better and younger than her. She looks like his aunt or something. I can't imagine them as husband and wife.
Old 04-23-2004, 02:31 PM
Courtier

she looks much better when she's talking on the news! these pictures don't do her justice...

i think their "attractiveness" is at the same level... :flower:
Old 04-23-2004, 02:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by madonna23@Apr 23rd, 2004 - 1:31 pm
she looks much better when she's talking on the news!  these pictures don't do her justice...

I agree. I have definitely seen better photos and live reports of her when she looked wonderful.

Quote:
i think their "attractiveness" is at the same level... :flower:
I agree.
Old 04-23-2004, 03:50 PM
Nobility

Prince Ali has aged quite a bit but I think he favours his late dad a lot.

Who is the mother of his bride? Has she passed on? I don't remember hearing about her..

Umm. let's hope he doesn't read this board!! :)
Perhaps a different wardrobe will do..:)