Divorce for Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am sure that Princess Haya will live with her mum, but Hamzah could see her usually.

It is most likely that Princess Haya will be with the mother.
While the couple were sepearted it was said that the little Princess was with her mother in Spain.

I know it. I heard the divorce rumors last summer and I know that Noor Hamzah was in Madrid with her mum.

Does anyone knows the reasons behind their divorce

I guess I am wearing rose colored glases! But we are sure they are divorced? It is not some horrible rumor?

Yes they are divorced there no mention for princess noor in his website bio and in his 30 birthday article

I hear about that in the other forum and even it's very sad news but true,shame they were sush cute couple.:sad:

Whaaaat??? Is this some Jordianian law that you're divorced in one day?? Did I miss something?

Whaaaat??? Is this some Jordianian law that you're divorced in one day?? Did I miss something?

yes ... according to jordanian law and islam teachings men have the divorce right ..:ermm: as long as P.Hamzah wnats to divorce one minute is enough to end their marriage.

Last edited:
Whoa...so the poor wife has no choice in the matter. Seems pretty cold.

Whoa...so the poor wife has no choice in the matter. Seems pretty cold.
No not that much ..What I meant is that divorce does not require a lot of procedures and laws in our region:)

Last edited:
I don't think things work out in this way legally. There must be a marriage contract and marriage consideration. Also, in Islam there must be significant reasons to end up a wedlock even for a man. Divorce is the last option. Islam advises religious people to protect marriage.Otherwise it wouldn't be different from slavery or adultery. I am sorry if I am out of the topic, but disinformation may make the royal family and all muslim people seem insensitive and intractable.
yes ... according to jordanian law and islam teachings men have the divorce right ..:ermm: as long as P.Hamzah wnats to divorce one minute is enough to end their marriage.

How do titles work for divorced women in the Jordanian royal family? I guess Princess Noor is unique in that she was already a princess in Jordan before her marriage, so she's still a princess. But what title did her mother get after her parents divorced?

They divorced a few months ago, didn't they? I heard that Noor has already started to using her old name Noor Asem from September 2009.

How do titles work for divorced women in the Jordanian royal family? I guess Princess Noor is unique in that she was already a princess in Jordan before her marriage, so she's still a princess. But what title did her mother get after her parents divorced?

Her mother held the title of "Her Royal Highness Princess Firouzeh Asem of Jordan", until May 2004, when she lost the style of HRH upon her remarriage.
She is now called Princess Firouzeh Vokhshouri. It's similar with other divorced women in the JRF.
PAlia (now Princess Alia Tabba), the former wife of Prince Feisal, ist still a princess but does not use the name of her ex-husband anymore and returned to her former family name (like Princess Noor).

I don't think things work out in this way legally. There must be a marriage contract and marriage consideration. Also, in Islam there must be significant reasons to end up a wedlock even for a man. Divorce is the last option. Islam advises religious people to protect marriage.Otherwise it wouldn't be different from slavery or adultery. I am sorry if I am out of the topic, but disinformation may make the royal family and all muslim people seem insensitive and intractable.
This not what i meant .. Marriage contract does not contain any items, or conditions requiring the husband not to divorce in islam. Divorce is always the man right , regardless of the reasons. Sometimes without any reasons but it varies from one person to another according to social background or education, or the extent of his of religion knowledge. The wife will get all the rights written in the contract of marriage and custody of her children until the Specific age for boys and girls.
Wife can divorce from the Court in special cases not always.

Her mother held the title of "Her Royal Highness Princess Firouzeh Asem of Jordan", until May 2004, when she lost the style of HRH upon her remarriage.
She is now called Princess Firouzeh Vokhshouri. It's the same with other divorced women in the JRF.
Who is her new husband ?

They divorced a few months ago, didn't they? I heard that Noor has already started to using her old name Noor Asem from September 2009.
Yes .. that is right. .. i dont know exactly when it happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is really sad news. noor was such an excellent addition to the family and the epitome of a princess. i got very excited when she joined the king and queen on the latin american visit as i thought she was getting into her duties more and more and thought we would see her more often. they also looked so happy during the marriage. i would have never thought they would divorce, let alone so early. it's such a shame, i woder what queen noor thinks.

so, noor is then leaving jordan or staying for her daughter's sake? will she relocate to spain with the rest of her family?

Who is her new husband ?

I only know that she lost the style HRH because she married again but not whom she married, sorry.
Vokhshouri is her former family name. Her father is Hamid Vokhshouri who lives in Iran.

princess alia 's case is exceptional to remaih her title since she is not a princess by birth ( though she is from my opinion )

Firouzeh, Muna, Firyal weren't princesses by birth either but kept the title after the divorce like Alia. After all it's the decision of the king: he gives the title and can take it away (or not).

I'm surprised abiut this news.
But ... things like this happen even to the most lovely couples.

what a pity, they were a lovely couple, i hope they stayed friends for there little girls sake.

I hope Princess Haya bint Al Hamzah remains with her mother, and both Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor have a good relationship in the future for their daughter.

:ermm: I wonder
Will there be activities for the Asem bin Nayef or Sana Asem or salha, Najla

They do not have the appearance of media before marriage Noor and Hamza

Now, after the divorce
You will have the appearance of the media in Jordan
Or will return to Spain??

Firouzeh, Muna, Firyal weren't princesses by birth either but kept the title after the divorce like Alia. After all it's the decision of the king: he gives the title and can take it away (or not).

well for Fairouz I do not know the case , but muna was not divorced and had not remarried

well for Fairouz I do not know the case , but muna was not divorced and had not remarried
U mean that KH did not divorce Muna till his death ...:ermm:
Noor is HRH by birth .. i think she will hold her title before marriage ..HRH princess Noor bint Asem.

Last edited:
ithink princess haya said in the interveiw one time that pmuna and the king never devorced.

I am shocked. It was sad surprise. They seemed a very happy couple.

I agree with the above comment,they always looked happy together,but then again no one knows what goes on behind close doors! I like the rest of you is so shocked,i cant believe it!!!!

I cant believe this, well according to Wikipedia and on Noor's bio, they actually divorced this month and has returned to her father's name!! lets hope there hsnt been another affaire in this break-up!!

I personally have always thought that Noor's and Hamza's marriage had a tang of convenience to it bought about by Queen Noor who always wanted her children to do the right thing, and Hamza being the CPrince at the time should marry a family connected to the Hashemites. Once he was let go of his title it seemed meaningless who and where his wife came from...

Back
Top Bottom