Divorce for Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm really sorry for the wrong info then! :sad::flowers: Good to know.

This is what we were discussing privately, Veram. Noor knew since 2004 that Hamzah would never ascend to the throne. ;) I'll stick to Wingsofsky's post above. They were both too young when they married and without experiences.

I agree with you and Wingsofsky. They rushed too early into marriage.

I'm really sorry for the wrong info then! :sad::flowers: Good to know.

This is what we were discussing about privately, Veram. Noor knew since 2004 that Hamzah would never ascend to the throne. ;) I'll stick to Wingsofsky's post above. They were both too young when they married and without experiences.
P.Hamzah lost his title just 6 months ( May 2004 - Nov 2004) after their marriage so why they stay 5 years together after losing the title and also Why Noor Gave birth to baby Haya if she really did not wanted to continue with him .. i think the only reason is that They were both too young when they married and without experiences.

P.Hamzah lost his title just 6 months ( May 2004 - Nov 2004) after their marriage so why they stay 5 years together after losing the title and also Why Noor Gave birth to baby Haya if she really did not wanted to continue with him .. i think the only reason is that They were both too young when they married and without experiences.
well i'm sure they thought they had many things in common,besides ancestors. :flowers:
Do you think this could've been a factor that bothered them a bit? They have a same great-grandmother or father.

well i'm sure they thought they had many things in common,besides ancestors. :flowers:
Do you think this could've been a factor that bothered them a bit? They have a same great-grandmother or father.
Being cousins is not a problem in our region .. Marriage between close relatives is very normal even if they were first cousins ..:)
The only logical reason in my opinion is their age .. they were too young to marry . May be the succession issue affected them psychologically, but it is not a reason for divorce IMO.

sounds fair that as they were married young, when they grew up they found they wanted quite different partners. Princess Noor was 21 and Prince Hamzah was 23 when they married.

Hey girls someone else was also married young, I do have a chance then, no?*does a happy dance*

I don't see age as a problem, many many years ago (lets say 40), in my country, women used to get married at the age of 15 (average), and their marriages last until the end of their lives

I don't see age as a problem, many many years ago (lets say 40), in my country, women used to get married at the age of 15 (average), and their marriages last until the end of their lives

That was many many years ago,as u said ...not in our time. Life today is quite different from what it was in the past:)

sounds fair that as they were married young, when they grew up they found they wanted quite different partners. Princess Noor was 21 and Prince Hamzah was 23 when they married.

Hey girls someone else was also married young, I do have a chance then, no?*does a happy dance*

This is not a rule dear .. early marriage can be successful also:)
But all early marriages that have taken place recently to my friends and my family who were both young like Ph and PN , unfortunately, ended with divorce .. i dont know why? Perhaps our time time is different than our ancestors.

in my opinion, it was P Hamzah who initiated the divorce. I do think a factor was the announcement of the new CP. But the most important factor( again my opinion, not fact) was that they married too young and were never in love. It was an arranged match, and perhaps they did try for 6 years, but they just never loved each other (more of Hamzah's decision, in my opinion). When the crown princely couple title was gone, and there was no love either, they just probably thought it was best to part ways.
It seems the most logical thing. People who marry young can fall in love with each other eventually, these two didn't. The only other explanation I can think of is that there is some other woman, and since no one has come forward with that story, then that must not be the reason.
Again, as I have mentioned so many times, this is my opinion. I have no knowledge of the workings of P Hamzah's /P Nour's mind.

where can we see new pictures of princess nour? is she now in spain?so i guess that means jordanian media will not cover her...

ahtikavalentine, I can understand why you think in this way and you are right for the past. Maybe it's not about the period, but the culture and lifestyles. Because there are still subcultures that encourage their members to get married quite young and they can carry on together for a long time. But the situation is different for the people who have modern, even postmodern , lifestyles. They do their best to get good education. they have to rush from one class to another social club. Then thay have to get a job or find a cause and build their own careers. So they don't always have time to prepare themselves for marriage, maybe even to get to know themselves. I think people should try to discover themselves and take time. that's why I think age is a major reason for P Noor and P Hamzah's divorce, but not the only matter of course. :unsure: Because they seemed to be the perfect match on the outside, I think if they had waited abit more, they could have had more opportunities to get experienced and get to know each other. so they could be sure they made a good decision. :ermm: Unfortunately, what ifs don't save a relation. I hope they will be happier in the future. :flowers:

Is there any thread where we talk about Hamzah only. not his divorce. This is sad topic. I am more into happy topic.

No one can know the true causes of divorce

To be (Noor) you want to be queen in the future, or the couple were married at a young age

All speculation may not be real

I wish happiness to Princess Haya

I think that he will be engaged in the future to jordanian girl, not now, it’s too early yet, but well if he s really engaged now, I wish the best of everything

Being American I don't know the intricacies of arranged marriages. Some people has mentioned that it was arranged by Queen Noor. Will someone explain that to me? I mean why Princess Noor? What is the thought behind an arranged marriage? Is any thought given to the happiness of the bride and/or groom? Or is it only done to advance a family or cause? I don't mean to sound arugumenative, so please don't think that. I am just curious. I know speculation is forbidden. But is it "common Knowledge" that Queen Noor was trying to cement Prince Hamzahs position as Crown Prince?

Being American I don't know the intricacies of arranged marriages. Some people has mentioned that it was arranged by Queen Noor. Will someone explain that to me? I mean why Princess Noor? What is the thought behind an arranged marriage? Is any thought given to the happiness of the bride and/or groom? Or is it only done to advance a family or cause? I don't mean to sound arugumenative, so please don't think that. I am just curious. I know speculation is forbidden. But is it "common Knowledge" that Queen Noor was trying to cement Prince Hamzahs position as Crown Prince?
I don't think their marriage was totally arranged. Maybe their family encouraged them to start seeing eachother, then they must have taken the marraige decision together. Most arranged marriages take place in this way in today's world. Esp, in royal marriages having a suitable spouse approved by the other members of the family is quite comfortable, as royalities have a lot of responsibilities to share with their wives or husbands. Princess Noor is an educated Hashemite princess in born. So she was a perfect match for P. Hamzah, the CP then. Moreover, she could get on well with her mother in law. That's why Queen Noor is thought to be the person behind this marriage. Perhaps, being the CP made P Hamzah get married at a relatively early age, but not to a particular person but with anyone suitable. I think P. Noor was the person who P. Hamzah chose among other suitable people he could have got married. Of course this was the case for P Noor too. I think they were also very lucky enough to be in love with the person their families would approve and support. I think so as people who know them in person claim that they witnessed their love, at least in the first years of their marraige. :flowers: People are mostly talking about the sad events or possible problems resulting in their divorce these days, but not the happy days when they were smiling together in numerous events. This is usual as they have just got divorced. But if you look at the first reactions about this divorce, you can see how surprised people were when they found out their break up. So this marrige was not a total failure from the beginning to the end. But it's for sure they had problems that they couldn't sort out. Because they are divorced now.:ermm:

Being American I don't know the intricacies of arranged marriages. Some people has mentioned that it was arranged by Queen Noor.

I don´t believe it. All people know that Prince Hussein will be the next Crown Prince.

The Jordanian Constitution also gives the king the right to chose his eldest son as heir to the throne. I think p.Hamzah will never to build his life and happiness on something that could disappear at any moment.

Last edited:
I was not questioning King Abdullahs right to name Prince Hussein as Crown Prince. But as so many people misunderstood my question I guess I don't know how to phrase it properly.

I know that Prince Hussein has now been named Crown Prince. But I wonder, if it is true that Queen Noor arranged the marriage, did she think that would stop King Abdullah from naming his own son as Crown Prince? I, at least, always thought he would someday name his own son as Crown Prince. Were Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor a good "match" otherwise? Is/was it a case of a Mother wanting the best, love match, marriage possible for her son. Or was Queen Noor really trying to keep one of her children in the line to the throne. I know these are questions no one can answer, as more than likely, no one on the threads were there. I am just curious. And of course this is all my own opinion.
Nobody can stop KA`s decision .. He is the head of the country and the royal family:)
King Hussein before his death asked his advisers to find a way through which he can give the throne to his brother Prince Hassan as king and his son Abdullah as Crown Prince .. Their answer was decisive .. No way .. According to the Constitution Prince Hassan can change the seccession line whenever he wanted ..:ermm: That is why i think PH`s marriage was not arranged.

Last edited:
Gosh, I didn't delete that post fast enough, did I! I am not meaning to cause a fight either. But again King Abdullahs right to name his own son as crown prince was not my question. I guess maybe I should ask what was Queen Noors "intention" if, in fact, she did "arragnge the marriage".

Let's get back on topic...the subject of this thread is not Prince Hamzah's former role as Crown Prince nor should we get into a discussion on why or why not King Abdullah made the decision he made.

The purpose of this thread is to discuss the divorce of Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor and since we have not received an official announcement by the Jordanian Royal Court anything else ( i.e. on whether or not it was an arranged marriage, Queen Noor's thoughts, etc.) is speculative and as such can be deleted without notice.

Zonk
Jordan Forums Moderator

Gosh guys, I didn't mean to end the discussion about the divorce. Zonk only reminded us not to spectulate about why they divorced. Keep talking, it is a sad thing. But sometimes you can "make lemonaid out of lemons!"

Yes, mrsbugman. I agree it is an upsetting thing for everyone, but I'm not sure what I can add more.;)

It is true that maybe eveything has been said. I would just feel bad if I caused the discussions to stop.

My sister read local Saudi magazine from divorce Hamza

(Differences between Prince Hamzah bin Al Hussein and Noor Asim)

Are more about why the difference ???

My sister read local Saudi magazine from divorce Hamza

Are more about why the difference ???

can you post a link to the magazine here? or if it is in arabic, do a lil translation for us non arabic speakers, please:flowers:

News no details
Just writing that sentence only

?

I am amazed that the news doesn't carry a lot of detail
What is the reason for the difference helpful news written in Saudi Jordanian or magazine, not foreign :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom