The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah's Brothers

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-01-2010, 06:44 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
I personally have always thought that Noor's and Hamza's marriage had a tang of convenience to it bought about by Queen Noor who always wanted her children to do the right thing, and Hamza being the CPrince at the time should marry a family connected to the Hashemites. Once he was let go of his title it seemed meaningless who and where his wife came from...

I wasn't surprised to hear Hamzah and Noor's divorce at all. I never thought that this marriage is based on a true love between two cousins. From the beginning it was arranged by Queen Noor. Somewhere their divorce was expected. I hope they will find the happiness with someone else.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:32 AM
Heir Apparent

And if Noor marries again, may she lose the custody over Haya?

Old 04-01-2010, 08:49 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Unfortunately yes
I did this video months ago for their wedding.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I wasn't surprised to hear Hamzah and Noor's divorce at all. I never thought that this marriage is based on a true love between two cousins. From the beginning it was arranged by Queen Noor. Somewhere their divorce was expected. I hope they will find the happiness with someone else.
well for me I don't blame queen noor, Hamzah is an adult and should know what he is doing . as for the few things I know about him Noor was the perfect match for his character .
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 04-01-2010, 09:29 AM
Gentry

"Originally Posted by Biri

Unfortunately yes"

Why is that? Is it the jordanian law or what? Is it the woman that loses the custody over a child if she remarries?
Anyway, very sad that they divorced.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by acupoftea View Post
"Originally Posted by Biri

Unfortunately yes"

Why is that? Is it the jordanian law or what? Is it the woman that loses the custody over a child if she remarries?
Anyway, very sad that they divorced.
According to Jordanian law, Noor will lose custody of her daughter if she marries again.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:59 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeda2000 View Post
According to Jordanian law, Noor will lose custody of her daughter if she marries again.
Ok. Thanks, reeda, for answering my question. And now some further questions : what does that mean in daily life? In general, will the child be living with her/his father but the mother can meet her/him?

As to princess Alia (king Hussein's daughter), I understood that her son from her previous marriage lives with her, not with the father but then I'm not sure about this.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

U r welcome .. i dont know about P Alia`s sons.
I think P.Haya is with her mother now .P Hamza can see and visit his daughter whenever he wants, in agreement with Noor. Custody of the child is now legally entitled to Noor but she will lost this right if she marries again . That time also she has right to see and visit her daughter. P Haya also can continue with her mother if her father allowed her to do so.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by acupoftea View Post
Ok. Thanks, reeda, for answering my question. And now some further questions : what does that mean in daily life? In general, will the child be living with her/his father but the mother can meet her/him?
As to princess Alia (king Hussein's daughter), I understood that her son from her previous marriage lives with her, not with the father but then I'm not sure about this.
It's as reeda told you, but you are right with Princess Alia and her eldest son; he lived with his mother (he is now 29 years old), although his mother married again. But if your father is the ruling king you may have a bit more rights and privileges than a "normal" woman.....
Old 04-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Gentry

Thanks for the info, reeda and Veram! And Veram, what you said about the rights and priviledges of the daughters of a ruling king was what I thought might have been the case with princess Alia.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeda2000 View Post
omg
so let's say she remarries and he gets the custody. what happens if he then marries again?
Will he lose the custody?
Old 04-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hukam View Post
omg
so let's say she remarries and he gets the custody. what happens if he then marries again?
Will he lose the custody?
No, the father does not lose the custody after a remarriage.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veram98 View Post
It's as reeda told you, but you are right with Princess Alia and her eldest son; he lived with his mother (he is now 29 years old), although his mother married again. But if your father is the ruling king you may have a bit more rights and privileges than a "normal" woman.....
And the children of Princess Aisha, Aoun & Muna, also live with her, not with their father, don't they?
Old 04-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Nobility

Talking

This rule is not an obligation, is it? I don't expect Prince Hamzah to seperate his daughter from her mother esp when she is too young even though Princess Noor gets married with somebody else. But I have a funny feeling that says they are going to reunite in the future. Maybe it's because I adore them as a couple.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
And the children of Princess Aisha, Aoun & Muna, also live with her, not with their father, don't they?
They do, but PAisha did not marry again for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsofsky View Post
This rule is not an obligation, is it? I don't expect Prince Hamzah to seperate his daughter from her mother esp when she is too young even though Princess Noor gets married with somebody else.
Of course, PHamzah could decide otherwise, he is free to renounce his own rights. But do not forget that his father separated his even younger eldest daughter from a mother who not even was remarried at the time.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veram98 View Post
No, the father does not lose the custody after a remarriage.
well ,that makes no sense
Old 04-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Nobility

Well, Islam does not recommend making your children unhappy. I think the issue of custody should depend on the child's welfare and benefit. Also Islam values mothers very much.But our topic is not Islam, but Divorce of a wonderful royal couple. I don't believe custody won't be a problem between them, because they love their child very much and I suppose they will have a balanced relationship at least for the sake of their little daughter.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

the custody of a child is complicated everywhere in the world not only in muslim coutries,very disturbing issue.
anyway i don't think PHamzah will take Haya away from her mother sur they can figure out something for the little girl futur.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Gentry

I was trying to make things clear , so not to elaborate more in the custody issue which is not even our subject , the couple are divorced and thats it , its unfortunate for their daughter Haya , but there's really no use of guessing with whom would she live.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsofsky View Post
. But I have a funny feeling that says they are going to reunite in the future. Maybe it's because I adore them as a couple.
I hope this

But I expect a return difficult