The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah's Brothers

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-25-2010, 05:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
July 2, 2009
are you suspecting the pattern i am

Old 04-25-2010, 05:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
are you suspecting the pattern i am
Umm, you think they divorced because of that?

Old 04-25-2010, 05:30 PM
Commoner

what pattern? I still have a lot to learn about JRF. I started following them since last 2 weeks
Old 04-25-2010, 05:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by azezah123 View Post
what pattern? I still have a lot to learn about JRF. I started following them since last 2 weeks
Keep doing your homework, dear! As to your other question: women are not allowed to enter the Mosques, so I wouldn't recommend it to you. What about joining the Jordanian army?!

Ok, here: some people think Noor wanted to be the next Queen and married Hamzah because of this - he was a CP back in 2004. In July Abdullah named his son Hussein Crown Prince, so there are members here who suggest Noor divorced Hamzah because it was clear that he would never ascend to the throne. Personally, I don't believe this was the reason for their divorce. But of course, we need to wait until Cd_1 replies and explains to us what she is thinking.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:51 PM
Nobility

As I said before, I don't think P noor initiated the divorce as P Hamzah is not the CP any more because being the "Crown couple" wouldn't add much to their life but just some official appearances as both were aware of that the King has already two sons and could easily remember what happened when the late King passed away. I think the reason why they couldn't go on together was the fact that they got married too young and have missed many opportunities a long lasting courtship could have contributed to their relationship. They also had a child in the very first years of their marriage. Of course this is just my viewpoint.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
Keep doing your homework, dear! As to your other question: women are not allowed to enter the Mosques, so I wouldn't recommend it to you. What about joining the Jordanian army?!

Ok, here: some people think Noor wanted to be the next Queen and married Hamzah because of this - he was a CP back in 2004. In July Abdullah named his son Hussein Crown Prince, so there are members here who suggest Noor divorced Hamzah because it was clear that he would never ascend to the throne. Personally, I don't believe this was the reason for their divorce. But of course, we need to wait until Cd_1 replies and explains to us what she is thinking.
Women are allowed to enter the mosques but men and women must say thair prayers in different parts of the mosque. I mean if you went to a mosque to see a prince, you could see him, but probably he couldn't see you as you would be sitting on the second entresol.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:02 PM
Commoner

Quote:
can i join the Jordanian army? but i dont want to die. Isnt there some other easy way
Old 04-25-2010, 06:07 PM
Nobility

Talking

Quote:
can i join the Jordanian army? but i dont want to die. Isnt there some other easy way
Hey
azezah don't panic. The princes of Jordan are down to earth people. you may bump into one of them driving around in amman or having meal in a restourant all af a sudden. Go to amman and leave the rest to the destiny.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Women are allowed to enter mosques. For the prayers there are separate sections exclusively for them.
Since November 2004 (when the king removed the title of crown prince from PHamzah) PHussein has been the legal heir to the throne (as foreseen by the Jordanian constitution), even if he was not yet officially named crown prince, and since then PNoor knew that she would never be Queen of Jordan!
Old 04-25-2010, 06:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm really sorry for the wrong info then! Good to know.

This is what we were discussing about privately, Veram. Noor knew since 2004 that Hamzah would never ascend to the throne. I'll stick to Wingsofsky's post above. They were both too young when they married and without experiences.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:

This is what we were discussing privately, Veram. Noor knew since 2004 that Hamzah would never ascend to the throne. I'll stick to Wingsofsky's post above. They were both too young when they married and without experiences.
I agree with you and Wingsofsky. They rushed too early into marriage.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:

This is what we were discussing about privately, Veram. Noor knew since 2004 that Hamzah would never ascend to the throne. I'll stick to Wingsofsky's post above. They were both too young when they married and without experiences.
P.Hamzah lost his title just 6 months ( May 2004 - Nov 2004) after their marriage so why they stay 5 years together after losing the title and also Why Noor Gave birth to baby Haya if she really did not wanted to continue with him .. i think the only reason is that They were both too young when they married and without experiences.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:38 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeda2000 View Post
P.Hamzah lost his title just 6 months ( May 2004 - Nov 2004) after their marriage so why they stay 5 years together after losing the title and also Why Noor Gave birth to baby Haya if she really did not wanted to continue with him .. i think the only reason is that They were both too young when they married and without experiences.
well i'm sure they thought they had many things in common,besides ancestors.
Do you think this could've been a factor that bothered them a bit? They have a same great-grandmother or father.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:03 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hukam View Post
well i'm sure they thought they had many things in common,besides ancestors.
Do you think this could've been a factor that bothered them a bit? They have a same great-grandmother or father.
Being cousins is not a problem in our region .. Marriage between close relatives is very normal even if they were first cousins ..
The only logical reason in my opinion is their age .. they were too young to marry . May be the succession issue affected them psychologically, but it is not a reason for divorce IMO.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:21 PM
Commoner

sounds fair that as they were married young, when they grew up they found they wanted quite different partners. Princess Noor was 21 and Prince Hamzah was 23 when they married.

Hey girls someone else was also married young, I do have a chance then, no?*does a happy dance*
Old 04-25-2010, 11:55 PM
Courtier

I don't see age as a problem, many many years ago (lets say 40), in my country, women used to get married at the age of 15 (average), and their marriages last until the end of their lives
Old 04-26-2010, 12:39 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtikavalentine View Post
I don't see age as a problem, many many years ago (lets say 40), in my country, women used to get married at the age of 15 (average), and their marriages last until the end of their lives
That was many many years ago,as u said ...not in our time. Life today is quite different from what it was in the past
Old 04-26-2010, 12:55 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
sounds fair that as they were married young, when they grew up they found they wanted quite different partners. Princess Noor was 21 and Prince Hamzah was 23 when they married.

Hey girls someone else was also married young, I do have a chance then, no?*does a happy dance*
This is not a rule dear .. early marriage can be successful also
But all early marriages that have taken place recently to my friends and my family who were both young like Ph and PN , unfortunately, ended with divorce .. i dont know why? Perhaps our time time is different than our ancestors.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:01 AM
Courtier

in my opinion, it was P Hamzah who initiated the divorce. I do think a factor was the announcement of the new CP. But the most important factor( again my opinion, not fact) was that they married too young and were never in love. It was an arranged match, and perhaps they did try for 6 years, but they just never loved each other (more of Hamzah's decision, in my opinion). When the crown princely couple title was gone, and there was no love either, they just probably thought it was best to part ways.
It seems the most logical thing. People who marry young can fall in love with each other eventually, these two didn't. The only other explanation I can think of is that there is some other woman, and since no one has come forward with that story, then that must not be the reason.
Again, as I have mentioned so many times, this is my opinion. I have no knowledge of the workings of P Hamzah's /P Nour's mind.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:12 AM
Courtier

where can we see new pictures of princess nour? is she now in spain?so i guess that means jordanian media will not cover her...