The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah's Brothers

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-17-2010, 01:05 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Delight View Post
This is so wrong! If there is a right for men, it has to be for women, too & Islam says like that (though I am not religious person, I know everything).
This is a religious issue, unfortunately,I cant explain it more... it is against the forums rules.

Old 04-17-2010, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeda2000 View Post
This is a religious issue, unfortunately,I cant explain it more... it is against the forums rules.
No problem, reeda. You did your best. I wanna thank you for everything! I'll send you a private message. Let's continue from talking here!

And I have to say I got shocked when I heard their divorce. I wonder what does Queen Noor think about it?

Old 04-17-2010, 01:11 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
No problem, reeda. You did your best. I wanna thank you for everything! I'll send you a private message. Let's continue from talking here!

And I have to say I got shocked when I heard their divorce. I wonder what does Queen Noor think about it?
U r welcome dear .. yes it is really sad .. they r too young .. hope them both the best
Old 04-17-2010, 07:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Dear, this is exactly Arab tradition, I've never seen anything like that the books I read about Islam or on my searchs or anywhere in Turkey! We're secular country but know the religion.
Turkey has a secular law system, while most of the other Islamic countries (not just the Arab ones) still follow the rules of the traditional Islamic family law (as did the Turks before Atatürk; in fact it is the Ottoman mecelle code that is still the basis of the family law in many Arab states). And these rules make it much easier for men to divorce than for women. Men do not have to go to court when they want to divorce.
The general ground of divorce in the Quran is hopeless failure of one or both parties to discharge their marital duties. The Islamic jurists have therefore developed some indices, which are accepted as grounds of divorce in case the matter goes to the court. Long absence of the husband without any information, long imprisonment, refusal to provide for the wife, impotence etc. are some of the (few) grounds on which a wife can ask for divorce according to these rules. A wife can also divorce her husband if this condition is stipulated in the marriage contract. And a marriage can of course be dissolved through mutual consent.
In Jordan, however, exists an amendment to this Islamic law: it is called "khuloe" and grants women the right to go to court and file for a divorce without having to specify the reasons for their wish to divorce in return for monetary compensation: The woman gets her freedom back but has to return the money or jewelry (dowry) given to her by her husband before the wedding and to waive all financial obligations listed in the marriage contract.
As far as I know, the members of the JRF do not have to go to court for a divorce, but I think they (or at least the women) need the king's consent.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veram98 View Post
Turkey has a secular law system, while most of the other Islamic countries (not just the Arab ones) still follow the rules of the traditional Islamic family law (as did the Turks before Atatürk). And these rules make it much easier for men to divorce than for women. Men do not have to go to court when they want to divorce.
The general ground of divorce in the Quran is hopeless failure of one or both parties to discharge their marital duties. The Islamic jurists have therefore developed some indices, which are accepted as grounds of divorce in case the matter goes to the court. Long absence of the husband without any information, long imprisonment, refusal to provide for the wife, impotence etc. are some of the (few) grounds on which a wife can ask for divorce according to these rules. A wife can also divorce her husband if this condition is stipulated in the marriage contract. And a marriage can of course be dissolved through mutual consent.
In Jordan, however, exists an amendment to this Islamic law: it is called "khuloe" and grants women the right to go to court and file for a divorce without having to specify the reasons for their wish to divorce in return for monetary compensation: The woman gets her freedom back but has to return the money or jewelry (dowry) given to her by her husband before the wedding and to waive all financial obligations listed in the marriage contract.
As far as I know, the members of the JRF do not have to go to court for a divorce, but I think they (or at least the women) need the king's consent.
Ok this sounds more fair I highy doung Noor would do this unless he was mean to her but I don't think so what happen if the man divorce the woman 1st? Does she still get to keep the jewelry and money?
Old 04-17-2010, 09:28 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thanks for the explanation veram98 .. This is exactly what I was trying to explain, but my limited knowledge of English and my fear of breaking forums rules did not help me ..
Quote:
Ok this sounds more fair I highy doung Noor would do this unless he was mean to her but I don't think so what happen if the man divorce the woman 1st? Does she still get to keep the jewelry and money?
If the man divorced first Wife is entitled to keep the jewels and husband must also pay her all financial obligations listed in the marriage contract. wife Financial rights after divorce varies from one arab country to another also.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:39 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeda2000 View Post
Thanks for the explanation veram98 .. This is exactly what I was trying to explain, but my limited knowledge of English and my fear of breaking forums rules did not help me ..
If the man divorced first Wife is entitled to keep the jewels and husband must also pay her all financial obligations listed in the marriage contract. wife Financial rights after divorce varies from one arab country to another also.
Thank you reesha I feel better now! Does anyone know jordan's financial rights?At loeast Noor got to keep her jewery and money and title!!
Old 04-18-2010, 12:12 AM
Nobility

I've been reading everyone's posts about custody and such. I'm not sure whether the law in Jordan applies to royals in this case or not. I remember watching a tv programme about Monaco's Princess Grace's marriage. It mentioned her not having custody of her children if she were to get divorced.

I realize that Jordan and Monaco are two very different countries with very different laws. But my point is that royals don't always have the same rules as commoners do.

Maybe there won't be a custody battle for Haya. Maybe issues regarding custody were decided before they got married. Who knows.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:17 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banadoora View Post
I've been reading everyone's posts about custody and such. I'm not sure whether the law in Jordan applies to royals in this case or not. I remember watching a tv programme about Monaco's Princess Grace's marriage. It mentioned her not having custody of her children if she were to get divorced.

I realize that Jordan and Monaco are two very different countries with very different laws. But my point is that royals don't always have the same rules as commoners do.

Maybe there won't be a custody battle for Haya. Maybe issues regarding custody were decided before they got married. Who knows.
I noticed the same thing but I think thats more the heir to the throne and not female member in the JRF but i read the same thing about grace.There won't be a custody battle at least we won't know about about it.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsmartie View Post
Does anyone know jordan's financial rights?At loeast Noor got to keep her jewery and money and title!!
Mariage in Islamic countries conforms the signing of a contract and the divorced woman gets the money that is set aside for the case of divorce in the mariage contract (there exist no laws in Jordan concerning the amount of such fininancial obligations; it's up to the families of the couple to be married). Usually, a woman is adjucated in Jordan by the court additionally an indemnication that should correspond her maintenance for one year (and that depends on the previous economic status of the couple).
In the case of the JRF, I think everything related to a divorce is regulated in the mariage contracts.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:30 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Mariage in Islamic countries conforms the signing of a contract and the divorced woman gets the money that is set aside for the case of divorce in the mariage contract (there exist no laws in Jordan concerning the amount of such fininancial obligations; it's up to the families of the couple to be married). Usually, a woman is adjucated in Jordan by the court additionally an indemnication that should correspond her maintenance for one year (and that depends on the previous economic status of the couple).
In the case of the JRF, I think everything related to a divorce is regulated in the mariage contracts.
Is child support also?
Old 04-18-2010, 06:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsmartie View Post
Is child support also?
The law states, that the parent with custody is responsible for providing financial support for the child. That does not mean that fathers usually do not support their children, but if they do not want to ...
Old 04-18-2010, 09:24 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
The law states, that the parent with custody is responsible for providing financial support for the child. That does not mean that fathers usually do not support their children, but if they do not want to ...
wow islam is much diffrent then our law
Old 04-18-2010, 03:06 PM
Nobility

Red face

[QUOTE=Turkish Delight;1070013]Yes, my country is like what you said but let's not forget that we Turks are not Arab & very different from the Arabs (culture,language,tradition etc... just the religion is same but also we have too much different things from Arabs in religion) so, there can be differences in laws. Also, Turkey is very democratic & secular country so, there isn't any Islamic rules in here. Also, I believe that Islam gives the custody to the parent who can bring up the child better. This has to be exactly Arab tradition. I hope everything will be best for little Haya.

I hope so. But in my opinion the Jordinians and the Turkish are quite similar. I spent quite much time in both countries. Tolerance and wish for development is almost the same. Of course there are marginals and fundemantalists in both countries. However, the law systems are quite different. There is an overwhelming islamic and or arab effect in Jordanian civil code. I agree that some of the things people consider as a part of the religion are a part of culture indeed. I am happy that the topic on this unfortunate royal divorce has led to a fortunate chance for intercultural awareness. I love both Jordan and Turkey. Also I wish luck to the Prince and the Princess. I believe they will care about their daughter more than the civil code or anything else as they are (were ) a good representation of madern Jordinian couple.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:30 PM
Aristocracy

I hope so. But in my opinion the Jordinians and the Turkish are quite similar. I spent quite much time in both countries. Tolerance and wish for development is almost the same. Of course there are marginals and fundemantalists in both countries. However, the law systems are quite different. There is an overwhelming islamic and or arab effect in Jordanian civil code. I agree that some of the things people consider as a part of the religion are a part of culture indeed. I am happy that the topic on this unfortunate royal divorce has led to a fortunate chance for intercultural awareness. I love both Jordan and Turkey. Also I wish luck to the Prince and the Princess. I believe they will care about their daughter more than the civil code or anything else as they are (were ) a good representation of madern Jordinian couple. [/QUOTE]
Yes i agree and I don't think there wil be a issue.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:57 AM
Courtier

No way! I know that I have been away for awhile, but I didn't realize that they have divorced. That's really sad.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:02 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Islamic tradition is about family values. I believe that the father has a responsibility to raise and care for his children after divorce, regardless of custody. It is both a moral and religious duty. I doubt that this should be any different for the JRF and I doubt that P Hamzah cannot support his daughter.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Courtier

can someone please tell me: when was queen rania's son announced as the new crown prince?
Old 04-25-2010, 02:46 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
can someone please tell me: when was queen rania's son announced as the new crown prince?
July 2, 2009
Old 04-25-2010, 03:38 PM
Nobility

Although this thread is about the sad divorce of this Royal couple, I have enjoyed learning about the different culture and customs relating to this matter.