Baby boy for Prince Hamzah & Princess Basmah: November 8, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rossina

Former Moderator
City
Country
India
Amman Nov. 8(Petra)-- The Royal Hashemite Court is pleased to announce that Their Royal Highnesses Prince Hamzah bin Al Hussein and Princess Basmah Hamzah were blessed, on Friday, 8 November 2019, 11 Rabi Al Awwal 1441 Hijri, with a baby boy they named Hussein.

The Royal Hashemite Court extends its congratulations to Their Royal Highnesses on this occasion.

Prince Hamzah, Princess Basmah welcome baby boy

Finally !! Its a boy for Prince Hamzah & Princess Basmah. Baby Prince Hussien is their fifth child following his elder sisters Zein, Noor, Badiya & Nafisa. Prince Hamzah also has an elder daughter from his first marriage to Princess Noor Bint Asem

Congratulations to the happy family :flowers:

Last edited:
Congrats to the family!

I wonder how important having a son was to this young family...

Congratulations to the entire family :flowers:

I normally wouldn't say 'at last a boy' as I think we should be happy either gender, but after 5 daughters, a son is special. And likely more so in the Middle Eastern culture. Happy they have a healthy son.

A fourth grandson named Hussein for the late king (not surprising though in a family where many names are repeated). The older 2 are adults, Alia's son Hussein is actually only a year younger then his half-Uncle (Hamzah born in 1980, Hussein Mira in 81), and CP Hussein who is 25. The third is the 4 year old eldest son of Hamza's full brother Hashim.

The repetition of names is quite extreme in that family (and in other Middle Eastern royal families it seems).

The names of the king and the first 38 men in the line of succession can be summarized as follows (luckily there are some that have a name of their own (although they probably have someone else in the female line sharing their name):
Muhammad/Mohammad: 5
Abdullah: 4
Hussein: 4
Hashem/Hashim: 4
Faisal: 2
Ali: 2
Hamzah: 2
Talal: 2
Hassan: 2
Ja'afar/Jafar: 2
Ra'ad: 2
Omar: 1
Ghazi: 1
Rashid: 1
Asem: 1
Nayef: 1
Zeid: 1
Mired: 1
Firas: 1

Wooooowwww!

Congratulations to parents, grandparents and big sisters!

There is a real baby boom in the Jordanian Royal family!

Children born this year:

Talal Zedan (son of Princess Noor bint Asem and Amr Zedan)
Shayma Talhouni (daughter of Princess Neila bint Asem and Nasser Talhouni)
Haya al-Kurdi (daughter of Sa'ad and Zeina al-Kurdi)
Prince Mohammad Al Hassan bin Hashim (son of Prince Hashim bin Hussein and Princess Fahdah Hashim)
Nesma al-Halwani (daughter of of Princess Ayah bint Faisal and Mohammad al-Halawani)
Prince Hussein bint Hamzah (son of Prince Hamzah bint Hussein and Princess Basmah Hamzah)

How happy time for Queen Noor! Both her sons became fathers again (and both of boys) and her youngest daughter has just got engaged!

Last edited:
Repeating names is something very common in the ME culture where most parents tend to name their newborns after their beloved relatives. Given his very close & special relationship with his late father King Hussein, Hamzah would definitely wish for a baby boy to be named after him.
On the other hand, don't forget that power and succession rights to the JRF throne passes through the male line only. I guess that is why having a son was very important to him.

Last edited:
How happy time for Queen Noor! Both her sons became fathers again (and both of boys) and her youngest daughter has just got engaged!

Queen Noor at her twiter:

"At the end of a challenging and disturbing year, our family has been blessed with the birth of two beautiful grandsons, ma9shAllah-Muhammad Al Hassan bin Hashim and Muhammad Al Hussein bin Hamzah and the engagement of our Raiyah to the wonderful Fares, AlhamduliLah."

https://twitter.com/QueenNoor

Congratulations to the couple!

So, according to the happy grandma, his full name is Mohammad-al Hussein.

Names of both newborn cousins bring to mind Prophet Muhammad and his grandsons Hussein and Hassan.
Probably, both brothers agreed on what their respective sons' names would be.

Great news,congratulations to the couple and to Queen Noor who seems very thrilled by the come of more grandsons5:)
Beautiful name BTW

Prince Hamzah tweeted about the birth of his son but he did not mention the name ''Mohammad''. It wasn't also mentioned in petra`s statement:ermm:

but his mother Queen Noor did
i thought i read something about her tweet mentioning the names of her new grandsons:Mohammed Al Hassan bin Hashem and Mohammed Al Hussein bin Hamzah

but his mother Queen Noor did
i thought i read something about her tweet mentioning the names of her new grandsons:Mohammed Al Hassan bin Hashem and Mohammed Al Hussein bin Hamzah

Indeed Noor did, eye posted a link to her tweet above.

The confusion seems to be the official announcement both by the court and the dad, only called him Prince Hussein. No Mohammed mentioned in either.

Perhaps the statement just mentioned the name he will routinely go by?

Indeed Noor did, eye posted a link to her tweet above.

The confusion seems to be the official announcement both by the court and the dad, only called him Prince Hussein. No Mohammed mentioned in either.

Perhaps the statement just mentioned the name he will routinely go by?

I guess Queen Noor or her account team were just confused about the boys' names. Petra's statement was very clear and it was later confirmed by Prince Hamzah`s tweet.

Last edited:
I looked again at Queen Noor's tweet and she clearly wrote:
Muhammad-al Hassan bin Hashim
&
Muhammad-al Hussein bin Hamzah

So there is not any confusion of grandsons' names.

P.S. Hamzah's boy will be simply called Hussein, I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom