The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah's Brothers

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 09:27 PM
Serene Highness

I have long wondered the same thing. I watch CNN regularly and have for years but don't recall her at all. Perhaps a photo would jog my memory. Was she anchor or correspondent--or both? I thought I'd read she'd gone many places and covered a number of stories with CNN--kind of "paying her dues" so to speak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoogie
Do u have any pics of Princess Rym when she was still an anchor of CNN?..I watch CNN and I am trying to remember if I have seen her..Maybe I have seen her anchoring news many times, I just have no idea that shes going to be a princess someday..

Old 10-18-2005, 07:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
I have long wondered the same thing. I watch CNN regularly and have for years but don't recall her at all. Perhaps a photo would jog my memory. Was she anchor or correspondent--or both? I thought I'd read she'd gone many places and covered a number of stories with CNN--kind of "paying her dues" so to speak.
i never watched CNN and i will never do , so i didn't knew her before , but i heard many great things about her when she became a princess, i was surprised that many members know her and admire her intelligent and her personality , she worked in Kusovo and in Iraq this is what i read , i will try to find a photo for her ...

this was writtin by angelfire web site about PA

HRH Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein was born on December 23rd, 1975. He is the half brother of King Abdullah, Prince Faisal, Prince Hamzah and Prince Hashem. He has one full sister, Princess Haya. His half sisters are Princess Alia, Princess Zain, Princess Aisha, Princess Iman and Princess Raiyah.

Prince Ali and Princess Haya's mother, the late Queen Alia, died in a helicopter crash in 1977. "I was a child that needed his mother's LOVE," says Prince Ali. The late Queen Alia had died when Prince Ali was only 2 years old!

Prince Ali's main job is to help keep strong foreign relations with other countries, but he also travels a lot with his brother King Abdullah.

Although Prince Ali hates to wear suits and ties, he still has really great taste in choosing them! He always likes to be in style and changes the way he looks every now and then!

HRH doesn't like to be seen as a Prince! That's why he loves it when he goes to London and to the States! People who have met him, describe him as a very humble and fun person to be with!

You might see Prince Ali smiling & laughing a lot, but if you look carefully into his beautiful eyes, you'll always find a sadness within them! He is probably the most sensitive one among his brothers and sisters.

And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
Old 10-18-2005, 05:54 PM
Serene Highness

Ah, yes, thank you, that helps! I recall reading she had worked in Iraq and Kusovo, too. I was also surprised at how many members knew of and liked her and were quite familiar with her work at CNN. I must have seen her and it's just not registering--so if you come across a photo, please post. (I'll try to look some more, as well).:) I just think she is a lovely person and they are a wonderful couple! A photo of their daughter would be nice to see but I suppose we will one day soon! Being public personages--Ali as Prince and Rym as a TV personality--perhaps they guard their personal life that much more closely????
Quote:
Originally Posted by suria
i never watched CNN and i will never do , so i didn't knew her before , but i heard many great things about her when she became a princess, i was surprised that many members know her and admire her intelligent and her personality , she worked in Kusovo and in Iraq this is what i read , i will try to find a photo for her ...
KH paid careful attention to his wardrobe so perhaps he gets this from his father! He always looks well dressed--as does Princess Rym. As for needing his mother's love, I'm sure this is true. If I'm not mistaken, he regularly visits her grave/tomb on the anniversaries of her death--and I once read her birthday, too. He seems very sensitive to matters regarding QA and still reveres her memory. I have always thought February 7th and 9th must be hard days for him and his sisters as their parents died so close together in terms of those dates. I know P Haya has written she and Abir tried to fill the void but clearly, however well intentioned, they were so young, to do so would be impossible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suria
this was writtin by angelfire web site about PA

HRH Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein was born on December 23rd, 1975. He is the half brother of King Abdullah, Prince Faisal, Prince Hamzah and Prince Hashem. He has one full sister, Princess Haya. His half sisters are Princess Alia, Princess Zain, Princess Aisha, Princess Iman and Princess Raiyah.

Prince Ali and Princess Haya's mother, the late Queen Alia, died in a helicopter crash in 1977. "I was a child that needed his mother's LOVE," says Prince Ali. The late Queen Alia had died when Prince Ali was only 2 years old!

Prince Ali's main job is to help keep strong foreign relations with other countries, but he also travels a lot with his brother King Abdullah.

Although Prince Ali hates to wear suits and ties, he still has really great taste in choosing them! He always likes to be in style and changes the way he looks every now and then!

HRH doesn't like to be seen as a Prince! That's why he loves it when he goes to London and to the States! People who have met him, describe him as a very humble and fun person to be with!

You might see Prince Ali smiling & laughing a lot, but if you look carefully into his beautiful eyes, you'll always find a sadness within them! He is probably the most sensitive one among his brothers and sisters.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
KH paid careful attention to his wardrobe so perhaps he gets this from his father! He always looks well dressed--as does Princess Rym. As for needing his mother's love, I'm sure this is true. If I'm not mistaken, he regularly visits her grave/tomb on the anniversaries of her death--and I once read her birthday, too. He seems very sensitive to matters regarding QA and still reveres her memory. I have always thought February 7th and 9th must be hard days for him and his sisters as their parents died so close together in terms of those dates. I know P Haya has written she and Abir tried to fill the void but clearly, however well intentioned, they were so young, to do so would be impossible.
sure, PH and Ali always show their love to QA , they mention her and for PA he always visits her grave , their nothing harder than losing your mother , i can't imagine how its like to lose your parents , and to have their death memory that close , PA is so sensitive not only when its about his mother , in everything you feel how sensitive he is , when he and KA visited hospital after Mohammed Al Doura death, KA was to talking to the Palestinian ambassador and PA was standing , and I saw the tears in his eyes , he was trying hardly not to cry i have it on tape I wish I can post it some day , he is great his eyes talking about his feelings, he loves his people and feel with them , and this is what makes him special .

he always shows that he has the right to live the way he likes , so he wears Jeins and cut his her bald , goes to simple coffee shops , and he always looks charming :)

Quote:
Ah, yes, thank you, that helps! I recall reading she had worked in Iraq and Kusovo, too. I was also surprised at how many members knew of and liked her and were quite familiar with her work at CNN. I must have seen her and it's just not registering--so if you come across a photo, please post. (I'll try to look some more, as well).:) I just think she is a lovely person and they are a wonderful couple! A photo of their daughter would be nice to see but I suppose we will one day soon! Being public personages--Ali as Prince and Rym as a TV personality--perhaps they guard their personal life that much more closely????
:) she is so simple , the way she dress, even now she is a princess but she wears very simple clothes , her haier is so normal , no make up , i think she still living an ordianry life with PA , and maybe PA likes her this way , now after they had their little baby for sure their love wil grow more and more , i hople the best for the cutest family
And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
Old 10-19-2005, 08:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Maryshawn, here are some pictures of her reporting for CNN, in Iraq it seems.

http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2003/WORLD/meas...ry.brahimi.jpg

http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2003/WORLD/meas...himi.thurs.jpg
This picture was when she was reporting in Jordan

http://www.super-hair.net/brahimi1.jpg

And soem links that have pictures of her reporting
http://home.planet.nl/~wolf0620/brahimi.rym3.html
http://www.home.zonnet.nl/kraan90/brahimi.rym5.html
Old 10-19-2005, 08:24 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you, Little Star! Now that I see the shots of her reporting, it's jogging my memory bank and I do recall her on CNNi. This is most helpful and I appreciate the time and effort as I have searched and found nothing till you posted these shots!
Old 10-20-2005, 02:33 AM
Courtier

Thanks for the pictures. Too bad she isn't able to pursue reporting in Jordan. It just seems such a waste of her skills to be doing nothing besides patronizing an event every now and again. I'm sure though at the moment, she has her hands full with her baby...I remember those days when my daughter was as young as hers is now.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommone
Thanks for the pictures. Too bad she isn't able to pursue reporting in Jordan. It just seems such a waste of her skills to be doing nothing besides patronizing an event every now and again. I'm sure though at the moment, she has her hands full with her baby...I remember those days when my daughter was as young as hers is now.
i agree with you , i don't think PR will do nothing but patronizing events , i think she can't just set at home and play the princess role , but as you said now she had a little baby and she must take care of her , who knows maybe after a while we will see her works in a different field :)
Old 01-29-2006, 04:56 PM
Gentry

dose anybody know if Rym had other relationships before her marriage ??????

Princess Rym was 34 years old when she meets Prince Ali. She was not 14. So i think that is normal that she had other relationships before marriage.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:38 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma
Yes Rym was born in 1969 and Prince Ali was born in 1975.
so there is no specific date of her birthday
Old 01-31-2006, 11:48 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iman

Princess Rym was 34 years old when she meets Prince Ali. She was not 14. So i think that is normal that she had other relationships before marriage.
so no body heard any love story about her before her marriage , i mean she was popular worked for CNN , if she had any relationship we expect to hear about it ,

i don't know a lot about her i saw her on CNN i never thought that she is the one for PAli...
Old 02-01-2006, 01:05 AM
Aristocracy

Is it true that Princess Rym is biracial?
Old 02-01-2006, 05:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveabujalilah
is it true that Rym is older than Ali , when is her birthday ????????????

do you think Rym will get pregnant soon after Jalilah ?

we don't know when is her birthday its like a secret we know that she was born on 1969 so she is 6 years older than PA , i don't know if they have any common things Ali and Rym seem a very opposite couple ...

i don't know if Rym had any other relationships , but i think sh ewas very busy at her work covering wars , so i don't think she had any serious relationships , but who knows
Old 02-01-2006, 05:16 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayeli0016
Is it true that Princess Rym is biracial?
Princesse Rym has a father from algeria, a mother from croatia, a grand ma from armenia.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:10 AM
Aristocracy

Wow! So she isn't only biracial but multiracial for that matter.
A biracial person refers to someone who has parents from two different races. Eurasians for example, are individuals of European and Asian descent.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Courtier

Hallo to everyone,

I want to know what Princess Rym do in Jordan?
Does she have a job of does she stay at home?
Maybe someone out Jordan can tell us about it.

Thanks in advance.

It was too good to be true...
Old 07-01-2006, 08:07 PM
Commoner

She works with the royal film comission of jordan, which prince Ali is in charge of. And she also produced a tv show which highlighted jordanian short films. I think i saw her on a local show promiting the one mentioned above.
Hope this helps
Old 07-01-2006, 09:06 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan_frist
She works with the royal film comission of jordan, which prince Ali is in charge of. And she also produced a tv show which highlighted jordanian short films. I think i saw her on a local show promiting the one mentioned above.
Hope this helps
Sounds great. I also wondered the same thing. It would have been hard to stay at home after years of working for CNN.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:20 AM
Courtier

Well it's great that she's working at least in some media related capacity.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan_frist
Hope this helps
Thanks for the answer :) .
Do you know the name of the site of the royal comission of Jordan and/ or the site of any tv show she did produced?

It was too good to be true...
Closed Thread