The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah's Brothers

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 10:29 AM
Aristocracy

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by abir
Again, I do agree about what you said, healthy brain bcuz of a healthy body.
But I am thinking about what jordanian people do need beside football. I don't think football does occupied their thinking all the time, and not all do gain their lives from football.

People have daily needs and problems, they watch football only the weekends and doesn't occupied them whole day. So it's petty that the prince is busy only in football and nothing more, something more fruitful to the majority of jordanian people.
well, ppl in Jordan are so similar to ppl in my town and surroundings, of course we have been an Arabic colony for so long... so I know that football is 1 of the most important things in the life of ppl who are unemployed and try to forget misery and troubles watching and talking about their pref team. Ali is doing a great job, I'm sure he knows that, by supporting Jordanian teams, he's also helping his ppl.

Old 11-26-2004, 11:07 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipper
well, ppl in Jordan are so similar to ppl in my town and surroundings, of course we have been an Arabic colony for so long... so I know that football is 1 of the most important things in the life of ppl who are unemployed and try to forget misery and troubles watching and talking about their pref team. Ali is doing a great job, I'm sure he knows that, by supporting Jordanian teams, he's also helping his ppl.
what?
in that way helping ppl who are unemployed and try to forget misery and troubles watching and talking about their pref team ?????????

maybe u are right, but I don't know if ali thinks the same.
to me, in that way he is not helping ppl to SOLVE their problems. he is helping only to forget about them and not speak about them.
If this is the pusrpose, then it's also very logical

Old 12-01-2004, 05:14 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by suria
yes he is he gose with him where everr king A goes and he is the head of his security forces
I just read some whre that prince Ali is:
يحمل لقب كبير مرافقي الملك و مستشاره للشؤون العسكرية

I dont know the exact translation but i will try to an give idea:

<<holding the title of the senior fellow of the king and his consultant in military affairs>>
Old 12-01-2004, 12:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safaa Batin
I just read some whre that prince Ali is:
يحمل لقب كبير مرافقي الملك و مستشاره للشؤون العسكرية

I dont know the exact translation but i will try to an give idea:

<<holding the title of the senior fellow of the king and his consultant in military affairs>>
"The senior fellow of the king" this can be ok, but "his consultant in military affairs" ?! Do you know if P. Ali has experience in military affairs? Did he follow courses in military school?
Old 12-01-2004, 01:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
"The senior fellow of the king" this can be ok, but "his consultant in military affairs" ?! Do you know if P. Ali has experience in military affairs? Did he follow courses in military school?
well Ali graduated from Sandhurst so he must have some kind of military training
Old 12-01-2004, 02:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cut1me
well Ali graduated from Sandhurst so he must have some kind of military training
I do not think he has undergone any further training after the basic Sandhurst course. He certainly is not a Staff College graduate, despite the rank he holds.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:35 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley
I do not think he has undergone any further training after the basic Sandhurst course. He certainly is not a Staff College graduate, despite the rank he holds.
No body in the king security who did not a very extremely hard special training, it is a very strong training in jordan and people from other arab and non arab countries come to make it here including British. I know some one who was in the security, very difficult criteria is used to chose the officers from the military to join this training ( other than the hard training that they had before and in the army),after passing the training only the best of them became security guard , with some period under test.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:55 AM
Nobility

Quote:
No body in the king security who did not a very extremely hard special training, it is a very strong training in jordan and people from other arab and non arab countries come to make it here including British. I know some one who was in the security, very difficult criteria is used to chose the officers from the military to join this training ( other than the hard training that they had before and in the army),after passing the training only the best of them became security guard , with some period under test.
You are quite right, Safa, that the training a royal guard needs is different to other . I was wondering at the advisor part of his job as described. That would need further courses such as Staff College.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
well he is the best to be beside king abdullah and he surly trust him on his own life so he must be qualified and he must show a lot of good skills to be in this position.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
You are quite right, Safa, that the training a royal guard needs is different to other . I was wondering at the advisor part of his job as described. That would need further courses such as Staff College.
yes, I think that too, consultant is too much, that needs long experience.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
yes, I think that too, consultant is too much, that needs long experience.
It seems very easy to distribute titles and to remove others.
Do you think PA titles are only honorary? or there is someone else who is the real consultant to KA?
or there is a consulant to the consultant of KA?
Old 12-14-2004, 03:32 PM
Nobility

I heard P. Rym will keep working on journalism after her marriage. She was with P. Ali, KA and QR at the Foreign Press Association Media Awards. Do you have an idea in which field of journalism Rym will work? Thanks.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I heard P. Rym will keep working on journalism after her marriage. She was with P. Ali, KA and QR at the Foreign Press Association Media Awards. Do you have an idea in which field of journalism Rym will work? Thanks.

I heard the same thing, Abir. I even posted it in the last PR and PA thread, but I haven't heard any more on the subject. I guess we will have to wait and see.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommone
I heard the same thing, Abir. I even posted it in the last PR and PA thread, but I haven't heard any more on the subject. I guess we will have to wait and see.
Thanks some1. Yes we have to wait and see but I love to know what she will do specially she is now a member of JRF, so it's not easy to be subjective if she choose analysing Jordan and JRF. I think she will do something different and which will please KA and QR.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Thanks some1. Yes we have to wait and see but I love to know what she will do specially she is now a member of JRF, so it's not easy to be subjective if she choose analysing Jordan and JRF. I think she will do something different and which will please KA and QR.
sure she will i think she will know how to work while she is a member of the RJF i mean she is smart but why she want to keep working in press she is a princess now she can do many things
Old 12-23-2004, 05:40 AM
Aristocracy

Smile Happy Bday Prince Ali

A while back people were talking about how P.Ali never graduated from university. In the articles that Jordan times and Petra wrote about P.Ali bday they say he went to columbia and princeton.

Is it just my imagination or is this article more detailed than previous ones?
Old 12-23-2004, 08:02 AM
Courtier

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cut1me
A while back people were talking about how P.Ali never graduated from university. In the articles that Jordan times and Petra wrote about P.Ali bday they say he went to columbia and princeton.

Is it just my imagination or is this article more detailed than previous ones?
yes you are right this is more obviuos one and yes this shows how much educated he is and
HAPPY BDAY PRINCE ALI
Old 12-23-2004, 10:34 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by suria
yes you are right this is more obviuos one and yes this shows how much educated he is and
HAPPY BDAY PRINCE ALI
He attended Columbia and Orinceton but he never graduated from either institution. Unfortunately, that means he dropped out of college.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:42 AM
Nobility

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinneret5764
He attended Columbia and Orinceton but he never graduated from either institution. Unfortunately, that means he dropped out of college.
I thought the same. There is a huge difference between "attended" and "graduated from".
Old 01-11-2005, 11:24 AM
Courtier

General Questions about Faisal, Ali, Hamzah, Hashim & their families

look what did i find

3) Lieutenant-Colonel Prince Ali bin Hussain, born at Amman on 23rd December 1975 A.D (s/o Queen Alia) and married at Paris, France on 23rd April 2004 A.D (Nikah) to Princess Rym (born in 1969 A.D), daughter of Dr Lakhdar Brahimi, sometime Algerian Minister for Foreign Affairs, Assistant Sec-Gen of the UN and UN Special Representative to Haiti, South Africa, Zaire, Yemen, Liberia, Afghanistan, and Iraq, by his wife, a Croatian lady.
PR born on 1969 which means she is older than PA by six years
the website is
http://www.gilani.com.pk/kings/kingsjordan.htm
you can find it their