The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-19-2017, 05:29 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
For goodness sake - if we never saw it before how can we comment? Nobody is here with a cannon but if I want to criticise I will...

It is actually possible to bring up children and do more than she does especially with the help she has.

I do follow her Instagram - I see no evidence of any events other than the ones already publicised.

I'm looking forward to all these engagements in the next few weeks. I hope she is there - it would be nice to see her.

I have seen some fashion events in Monaco - some which have involved Charlene and some of which already occurred as fashion was not non-existent in Monaco before she arrived.

And finally, I know plenty of Monegasques are very happy with Charlene but I also know a fair number are questioning her implication in the life of the Principality.
Agree 100% with you!

Old 05-19-2017, 08:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by noda View Post
Princess Grace married Prince Rainier in 1956 and in 1958 she had already delivered Caroline and Albert, the heir, and at the same time she learnt french, she was fluent in this language, and she jumped into her new role of Princess Consort. Again in 2 years time.

Furthermore it's not true that until Albert's wedding there's not the First Lady acting in the Principality. Since the end of 1982 as Rainier said, more than once, Caroline stepped into her mother shoes. Thanks God she is still doing a great job for her Pincincipaliy.
Wow Grace did all that? I'm more impressed with her learning the language. I don't recall but how long did it take Princess Mary to learn Danish? And has Charlene made any progress?

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-20-2017, 12:25 PM
Majesty

To defend Charlène: when French is not your native language and you try to learn it on advanced age, it will always remain difficult. Add to this: Monaco is not French. It is one of the world's most cosmopolitan places, overcrowded with "import", most of then not francophone at all. In such international surroundings it is not easy to master French.

Grace Kelly came in another era. Even in Anglosaxon countries it was seen as part of a decent upbringing to learn French. As a professional actrice Grace will have had logopedy (speech training) and has learned her speaking abilities, how to pronounce vowels, how to form accents, etc.

So a comparison to Grace is unfair for a girl from Bulawayo, Zimbabwe who had nothing else on her mind than training very hard in South-African swimming pools and never, ever would have expected to be Princesse de Monaco once.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
To defend Charlène: when French is not your native language and you try to learn it on advanced age, it will always remain difficult. Add to this: Monaco is not French. It is one of the world's most cosmopolitan places, overcrowded with "import", most of then not francophone at all. In such international surroundings it is not easy to master French.

Grace Kelly came in another era. Even in Anglosaxon countries it was seen as part of a decent upbringing to learn French. As a professional actrice Grace will have had logopedy (speech training) and has learned her speaking abilities, how to pronounce vowels, how to form accents, etc.

So a comparison to Grace is unfair for a girl from Bulawayo, Zimbabwe who had nothing else on her mind than training very hard in South-African swimming pools and never, ever would have expected to be Princesse de Monaco once.
I don't entirely agree. Yes, it's harder when you're older and it isn't the easiest language, especially from a written point of view. Yes, her background didn't lend itself to learning French because she was concentrating on other things. It's also clear from her accent that she doesn't have the best ear (not her fault, evidently). However, that said - and despite the international, multilingual country that Monaco is nowadays - she has lived in a Francophone country for a decade and she could have access to the best tutors and small group teaching. Personally, I think she should be a bit more advanced than she is - at least orally - and I think there may possibly be a bit of a mental block.

As to comparisons with Grace - no, not totally fair but understandable given there are certain similarities in their stories, and they have the same role, albeit in very different circumstances.

But, really, it doesn't matter what any of us think - things will carry on as usual in the way that suits Charlene and Albert. Which is as it should be...
Old 05-26-2017, 08:50 AM
Serene Highness

What now for Princess Charlène: Duties, Roles and Responsibilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
A job of a princess is not only parading with a tiara a t a royal party, it brings nothing apart for the readers of royal forums , Charlene prefers to be near poor persons, handicaped persons or to support handicaped people at sports events which are very important for these persons.
In her instagram, we saw that she is working behind the walls of the palace saying the contrary is not fair, in her instagram we learned that there was an agreement with english associations to learn to swim to children in London, she supported a conference of Mr bloomberg and she sent messages to it, she sent a message to the volontaries of the red cross the red cross day, to day, on her page of Facebook, there is a new saying that her foundation will support some events in France to avoid drowning. She is working with her foundation, we learned that she adopted a school in South Africa and she offered a privat garden where mothers of these children are working to get vegetables and the children can eat them at school or at home , she offers them gifts for christmas and she is following the school since 2012, of course, there were no photos during all these years but Monaco channel and interviews of Charlene in SA gave us these news

The interview of Princess Charlene when she was still Charlene Wittstock, she said that she wanted a fashion week in Monaco
Fit For a Princess: Charlene Wittstock - Vogue

IMO attending big events with your husband (and) occasionaly a tiara is more part of a Princesses job than appearing on covers and in glossy magazines.

If I remember well, around this time last year there was the same criticism on these forums and then from the grand prix on she turned her (visible) activities up a notch.
Let's see what happens this year.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
I have a different opinion, she gives 2 heirs to the throne and she is a devoted mother, she is doing a very great work whith her foundation , a new branch was launching in USA, she is a very good ambassador for Monaco with this foundation, she is doing a lot of work in Monaco
She founded the association ' snapper for all' association for desavantaged children who have difficult at school, they can visit the museum, do a vidéo with their class and the class winner can spend a week in Monaco, visiting Monaco and they receive the price from princess Charlene
She founded the South Africa exchange, the desavantaged children come to Monaco , they visit Monaco, they see how the monegash children are living in the school of Monaco and they play to the rugby at the sainte Devote tournament. desavantaged children of Monaco went during the summer holidays to south Africa to visit South Africa, this association will grow to other country .
She founded the sainte Devote tournament , international rugby team of children come to play rugby to this tournament , in the same times, handicaped children come to play rugby at this tournament.
She is the patron of the princess charlene home, she looks after these children without parents, she invits them to the palace many times at the palace, she offered gifts at each child when it is his birthday, she visited these children for the christmas fest. Monaco Matin needed a deaf person to translate the news in Monacorama, Charlene paid the study of a deaf girl who was living in the Princess Charlene Home and Charlene presented her to Monaco Matin, now this girl is the deaf translator of Monacoscopie.
She is more and more involved in the red cross of Monaco, she visited the refugees of Vintimiglia with Albert and she offered a gift to the refugees after her visit, it is a nice gesture of Charlene, it is also her role to do this.
During the national fest and christmas fest, she is visiting the nurseries, she is giving gifts to the poor persons at the red Cross center of Monaco, she is visiting the old persons in their home for old persons.
She found with her foundation and Pierre Frolla, the a quatic rescue center where all the children of Monaco are learning the gestures who safe.
She has visited a lot of schools and colleges since her wedding, the last visit is from february.
She is the patron of Monaa and this foundation is helping the hospital of Nice , this section is for autist children , she attended to the meetings for autism that Madame Ki Moon is giving each time in september.
She founded the rallye princess charlene in Monaco
She is visiting every year the handicaped children at the Grand Prix and the new mothers at the maternity for the mother day.
She is always present to the sainte Devote fest and she likes to meet the people of Monaco this day.
She is always present to the vendredi saint procession and apart this year, shewas always present to the fete dieu processsion, last year, she was alone, Albert was not present .
She is member now of the council of the princess Grace foundation USA, she is always present to the Princess Grace foundation gala, she was even alone at this gala , in 2013, last year, she made come the Princess Grace gala awards in monaco and it took place in the palace in Monaco, it was a big success.
She is opening the palace for receptions , they receive all the sport people , the singers , the very important persons during the Grand Prix at the palace, there is also a reception during the festival of the TV, they receive all the actors present at Monaco for this event.
She is always present to the Red Cross Gala even when she was pregnant.
She is now the president of the honor comittee for the big event of the rugby on june 18 and 19th at Monaco
She will be the godmother of the most luxious cruise boat on july 13th 2016.
I will stop because I need

because I need pages about her work in Monaco.
Her work is not so negativ as some people are happy to describe.
She was not present to three events this year, but she was present to other events as the visit to the refugees in Vintimiglia, the visit to the schools and college CharlesIII, sje visite d the handicaped persons and the maternity. she will preside the seven7 rugby event and she will be godmother of a cruise boat next july 13th

I give you the site of her foundation and you will see that she is doing a good work with this foundation she founded , she did not receive this foundation , all made as a lot of princesses receive , she had to work hard and now, there are new branches in USA and in South Africa

Fondation Princesse Charlene de Monaco

A doctor of the OMS in Geneve paid a tribute to Princess charlene for her work with her foundation

World Health Organization - Global report on drowning - Princess Charlene of Monaco foundation
You forgot to say that she walks on water,not swims , walks
Old 05-26-2017, 10:16 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
You forgot to say that she walks on water,not swims , walks
Actually she rides on water (Princess Charlene brings Riviera Water Bike Challenge to Monaco | Monaco Life).