What do you think of Charlene?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no fan of Charlene and I'm kind of upset on what has been reported here, with some advisors being sacked bec. they didn't give Albert's association with Charlene glowing reports...... I'm surprised that such important matters are overshadowed by a partner. Not to mention Steph and Caroline!

And in my humble opinion, Albert needs a strong woman who can help him be decisive, visionary, and steady like his father (n addition to other traits and qualities), being submissive and eager to please has no place in Monaco or in any royal house. Seems to me like Albert's grooming should have been much longer; it's clear that he isn't ready... with his lack of propriety, protocol, and the dismissal of his advisors over his partner. I just hope he comes to his senses soon.

I doubt if Charlene qualifies for the Olympics next year. As far as I know, the teams all around the world are in the process of being formed.
What have we seen from Charlene on this? She seems to be practicing to be a partner or a hoped-for princess role more than an Olympic athlete hopeful. I mean, look at Zara Phillips of the UK..... nah, Charlene hasn't even done half of what Zara did in order to qualify. She just has empty words and grand dreams. And she doesn't seem to make any efforts to "improve", whether in sports, education, etiquette, etc. Sorry, but that's how she comes across to me. I'm watching the Olympics in Beijing and in Hong Kong (for the equestrian events) and I won't watch her if she qualifies and competes!

Last edited:
I think that it obvious from my post that I was sarcastic!:rolleyes::ermm::bang:

thank goodness i thought you'd lost your mind:ROFLMAO::lol:
albert is happy with charlene, he's going to do what he wants to do (literally) what he doesn't seem to understand or care is no one else is happy with her(i trust paca to be telling the real deal not the tabs), and that should be one of the qualifications of his princess, bring interest and GOOD attention to Monaco (the backhanded compliment is just an example) of the things that can be said of her. it's been a long time since she arrived on the scene and no one seems to have warmed to her or be very impressed. i think it's the "class factor" you can put expensive clothes on someone and they still don't have it, put a burlap bag on another and they oooozzze it.
can't buy, learn it or fake it, either got it or you don't.
as far as bringing glamour back to monaco :eek: .....not going to to there.....
all the publications mentioned are not available in the states so i refuse to take her seriously until i see her in people magazine:lol: or charlene having lunch and shopping with his sisters. who seems to me going out of their way to distance themselves, they can be loving and supportive and still not accept charlene especially if they feel the peoples apathy on the streets of monaco and are worried about the direction the country is heading.

I am sorry Myadia, I don’t agree with you, it is to give qualities, competences, aptitudes for Charlene which she does not have, how can she have the least knowledge in "how to organize an official reception, or the plays....." and frankly between occupying themselves of an official reception and assisting as a guest are two completely different things, Charlene did anything in the plays of the small states, nothing, she parades, to occupy themselves of the sets of small states: it is to organize, plan, the appointments, to choose the color of such or such thing, never Charlene will not have as a guest the responsibility of make though is, she is not MONEGASQUE, she is foreign, which was not even there throughout the year in Monaco let us...
Clearly, you have totaly absolutely misinterpreted my entire post if you actually believe that I stated that Charlene actually planned anything. I don't understand your comments. Let me make this perfectly clear, I think that Charlene Wittstock is an opportunist who has seized the chance to make a future with Prince Albert ever since her first date with him at 23 years old. Normally, one finds nothing wrong with such a venture; it happens all the time in relationships. But Charlene has played a great game with the media (and at first maybe with Albert) about her true intentions from the beginning - hence singing the swan song "I only care about training and competing in the Olympics." When her actions and spirt has shown something else. Charlene has taken a bite of Albert's life of luxury and she isn't letting it go until Albert knocks it out of her. Until then, she is here to stay. She has shown there is nothing that Albert can do (see my posts of other women) or say that wil make her let go of that tasteful bite. This woman really has NOTHING to fall back on in her life. What will she do in South Africa without Albert's influence? She has NO education, NO employment history, and she is NOT on South Africa's Olympic squad as of yet. That's why I think that Caroline cannot win in any game where she thinks that she is playing against Charlene - hence Charlene will not bow out of anything.

I don't know. In all honesty, I don't think that Albert can do much better than Charlene, quite frankly... He may be a Prince, but he also has all those illegitimate children and is a womanizer. Charlene seems to put up with these things from Albert...

Also, I think that while people may say the succession is secure, but it may not feel that way for Albert. Perhaps deep down, he'd rather have one of his own children succeed than one of Caroline's...And I think that there could be benefits of having a legitimate child of Albert succeed mainly this child will know about this inevitability and be prepared for this. Right now how is Andrea preparing?

And as for Caroline, in all honesty given some of Caroline's own love life choices, I don't think Caroline is in the position to judge anyone. I'm not just talking about her first two marriages, I'm also mentioning the affair with her current husband. At one time, his ex wife was Caroline's friend, and just because Caroline's family wanted Caroline to marry him when he was single doesn't make it okay to have an affair with him, when he's married.

Do you really see a prospective princess marrying Albert? And if Albert decides he does want an heir, perhaps than his marriage with Charlene would in a sense be an agreement, he gets his legitimate heir and a wife that will turn a blind eye to his indiscretions, and Charlene gets to be a Princess...

Last edited:
Clearly, you have totaly absolutely misinterpreted my entire post if you actually believe that I stated that Charlene actually planned anything. I don't understand your comments. Let me make this perfectly clear, I think that Charlene Wittstock is an opportunist who has seized the chance to make a future with Prince Albert ever since her first date with him at 23 years old. Normally, one finds nothing wrong with such a venture; it happens all the time in relationships. But Charlene has played a great game with the media (and at first maybe with Albert) about her true intentions from the beginning - hence singing the swan song "I only care about training and competing in the Olympics." When her actions and spirt has shown something else. Charlene has taken a bite of Albert's life of luxury and she isn't letting it go until Albert knocks it out of her. Until then, she is here to stay. She has shown there is nothing that Albert can do (see my posts of other women) or say that wil make her let go of that tasteful bite. This woman really has NOTHING to fall back on in her life. What will she do in South Africa without Albert's influence? She has NO education, NO employment history, and she is NOT on South Africa's Olympic squad as of yet. That's why I think that Caroline cannot win in any game where she thinks that she is playing against Charlene - hence Charlene will not bow out of anything.
YES, YES, YEs great post, i hope that that a lot of members will read your post...:rolleyes:

I wonder since many of us have views on the relationship triangle of Caroline, Albert and Charlene that we should maybe have a Caroline and Albert thread to talk about it? Or perhaps we could move to the Caroline thread and talk about ways we would handle a similar situation as some think she should have shown up regardless and it doesn't quite fit this thread or the thread with the hommage to Grace? Just a thought.

Charlene has taken a bite of Albert's life of luxury and she isn't letting it go until Albert knocks it out of her. Until then, she is here to stay. She has shown there is nothing that Albert can do (see my posts of other women) or say that wil make her let go of that tasteful bite.
That sounds like a pittbull to me.:D Well, Albert once said that he was going to do it like Prince Charles...well what is ones Rottweiler is the others pittbull. I hope he is aware that in most European countries she would have to wear a muzzle....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I wonder since many of us have views on the relationship triangle of Caroline, Albert and Charlene that we should maybe have a Caroline and Albert thread to talk about it? Or perhaps we could move to the Caroline thread and talk about ways we would handle a similar situation as some think she should have shown up regardless and it doesn't quite fit this thread or the thread with the hommage to Grace? Just a thought.
I just saw that they have a Chalene and Albert relationship thread - I think that thread will cover it. I don't think the forum needs another Charlene thread. I think we're only missing a Charlene's relative thread.

Do you really see a prospective princess marrying Albert? And if Albert decides he does want an heir, perhaps than his marriage with Charlene would in a sense be an agreement, he gets his legitimate heir and a wife that will turn a blind eye to his indiscretions, and Charlene gets to be a Princess...
What a great prospect for Monaco. I think as a head of state of this country he owes it sth better then Charlene and an agreement marriage to produce an heir. He could have done that more then 20 years ago and be divorced by now, having an heir almost readily prepared to take over when Albert is willing to retire. He wouldn't have needed to wait that long to enter into an unfullfilling and unsuitable relationship.

Though I do agree that Albert with his baggage and history of philandering has not made it easy for himself to find a good partner. He is not a particularly good catch in that respect, but his position and maybe even his personality might still draw women to him that might be doing a better job then his recent trophy.

That sounds like a pittbull to me.:D Well, Albert once said that he was going to do it like Prince Charles...well what is ones Rottweiler is the others pittbull. I hope he is aware that in most European countries she would have to wear a muzzle....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
LOL paca hilarious! Do we know if Albert made the comment before or after Diana's Rottweiler comment? Does this mean at some point if they marry will will also hear about the marriage being a bit crowded?

I agree that Albert does have a lot of baggage, even for a rich and reigning prince. But he could still clean up his act. Like Paca said, he owes it to Monaco. Geez, I don't see any point in his statement that he won't be pressured to marry. I mean, after 15-20 years and being pestered through the years about when he will marry, he will end up with Charlene? All I can see is that Charlene is drawn to the glamour of her position and is clueless. She can always learn but is she willing to? Either he cleans up his act or Charlene does, better both if they're bent on making this partnership permanent and binding.

Paca, you are so funny! :) :lol:

Last edited:

it is not this race of dog which should be cut down when they bit? the death penalty is abolished in Monaco (finally I believe)
lckc

afflicted I had not understood the direction of your message well, I must acknowledge you that I am to pack a little too quickly, since I studied, deciphered, analyzed... Charlene, I cannot find to her qualities (even the idea to find qualities to her I want to vomit :sick: )

is necessary to excuse to me I am French and I am not very good in the English language
lckc571

Charlene is glue to Albert...she claimed she will be in europe for training, she claimed silly words about charity, she is an opportunist... and he is perhaps a guy with middle age crisis...

Caroline's lack of public comment signifies two things to me (1) she is trying to hold on to the semblance of a unified front -- a sort of tacit acceptance of the situation if you will -- so there are no repeats of Rainier's and Antoinette's rancor; and (2) she is smart enough to know that prohibition and condemnation really are the tools of the powerless. She knows her brother better than any of us and she probably assumes that Albert's attention will be diverted elsewhere in due time as it was last summer. Caroline probably didn't count on Charlene's willingness to hang in there in spite of the public humiliations and her inability to understand that she is in a situation that will ultimately master her rather than her mastering it.

Last night I was watching a biography of Pamela Harriman and they kept referring to her as a courtesan. I couldn't help but make the comparison to Charlene and her relationship with Albert. Pamela did all right for herself in the end because ultimately she had her brains to fall back on when she needed them. Charlene doesn't have that kind of background and I have a gut feeling that in Albert's mind, Charlene is more "Miss Right Now" than "Miss Right." Call me a Pollyanna but too much is ultimately being said about an engagement announcement and nothing is happening.

I don't know. In all honesty, I don't think that Albert can do much better than Charlene, quite frankly... He may be a Prince, but he also has all those illegitimate children and is a womanizer. Charlene seems to put up with these things from Albert...
I think Albert deserves better than Charlene. With all his flaws he's a head of state anyway plus he's college educated guy and looking at his official website, he has a lot of impressive achievements. Charlene is not a good catch for any man with Albert's position. She simply is not material for a first lady.

When did he said that???
Muzzle??? OK... wedding gift, birthday gift or breaking gift?... Rottweiler, pittbull, vultures... (Albert's foundation and Mercantour vultures) strange animals around him...:D

Caroline's lack of public comment signifies two things to me (1) she is trying to hold on to the semblance of a unified front -- a sort of tacit acceptance of the situation if you will -- so there are no repeats of Rainier's and Antoinette's rancor; and (2) she is smart enough to know that prohibition and condemnation really are the tools of the powerless. She knows her brother better than any of us and she probably assumes that Albert's attention will be diverted elsewhere in due time as it was last summer. Caroline probably didn't count on Charlene's willingness to hang in there in spite of the public humiliations and her inability to understand that she is in a situation that will ultimately master her rather than her mastering it.

Last night I was watching a biography of Pamela Harriman and they kept referring to her as a courtesan. I couldn't help but make the comparison to Charlene and her relationship with Albert. Pamela did all right for herself in the end because ultimately she had her brains to fall back on when she needed them. Charlene doesn't have that kind of background and I have a gut feeling that in Albert's mind, Charlene is more "Miss Right Now" than "Miss Right." Call me a Pollyanna but too much is ultimately being said about an engagement announcement and nothing is happening.

A very well said and wise post Pink! I actually read Pamela Harriman's biography and she "studied" under Winston Churchill when she was married to his son. Quite a tutor! Pamela Harriman also knew how to work her contacts. After her divorce from Churchill she "studied" at the great salon of Louise DeValmourin (sp) the french authoress who attracted powerful and wealthy men like a magnet. Charlene does not have that advantage.

Pamela Harriman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
i wish charlene could be compared with pamela (what a woman! she should be on the 10 ten list of most powerful women of the 20th century.) granted her power was a form of "pillow talk" but she knew or bedded just about every powerful man from churchill (she even knew hitler) to clinton. she had breeding (her grandfather was in the house of lords), inate syle (1st woman on the cover of LIFE with a baby) education(sorbonne), she later became a diplomat, some described her as a brilliant mind. she would have had to be to hold a conversation with all the brilliant men she associated with, i can't imagine charlene in the room with churchill much less in conversation OMG
the only thing she has in common with pamela- i wouldn't want either one of them alone around my husband. you have to be cultured and intelligent to be a courtesan, respected in your own right not the official companion of a playboy (immature) prince. oh i just wish she had an pound, heck an ounce of pamela harriman in her.

Pamela Harriman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
i wish charlene could be compared with pamela (what a woman! she should be on the 10 ten list of most powerful women of the 20th century.) granted her power was a form of "pillow talk" but she knew or bedded just about every powerful man from churchill (she even knew hitler) to clinton. she had breeding (her grandfather was in the house of lords), inate syle (1st woman on the cover of LIFE with a baby) education(sorbonne), she later became a diplomat, some described her as a brilliant mind. she would have had to be to hold a conversation with all the brilliant men she associated with, i can't imagine charlene in the room with churchill much less in conversation OMG
the only thing she has in common with pamela- i wouldn't want either one of them alone around my husband. you have to be cultured and intelligent to be a courtesan, respected in your own right not the official companion of a playboy (immature) prince. oh i just wish she had an pound, heck an ounce of pamela harriman in her.

You are absolutely right! As for the Charlene having conversation with someone like Churchill, what a comedy that would be!:lol: I can't imagine Charlene standing in the same room with someone brilliant like him.

MyAdia, do you have any theories about what happened between 2001 and 2005? They seemingly went their separate ways, both dated others and Albert even became a father for the second time in that space. It seems they kept in contact, met up. It seems so odd that they didn't hit if off in 2001, but then did hit it off so suddenly in 2005/2006. From all that I read it looks like they met and kept in touch after their first date, so a chance reacquaintance after 5 years with sudden sparks flying isn't really logical either. The only thing I can think of is that prince Rainier didn't approve and they put their relationship on hold until he died, but that doesn't seem to be it either. They both dated others during that time, Charlene claimed to be extremely upset by her cheating fiancé in 2002. So upset she stopped swimming. :ermm: Any theories?

Last edited:
MyAida, do you have any theories about what happened between 2001 and 2005? They seemingly went their separate ways, both dated others and Albert even became a father for the second time in that space. It seems they kept in contact, met up. It seems so odd that they didn't hit if off in 2001, but then did hit it off so suddenly in 2005/2006. From all that I read it looks like they met and kept in touch after their first date, so a chance reacquaintance after 5 years with sudden sparks flying isn't really logical either. The only thing I can think of is that prince Rainier didn't approve and they put their relationship on hold until he died, but that doesn't seem to be it either. They both dated others during that time, Charlene claimed to be extremely upset by her cheating fiancé in 2002. So upset she stopped swimming. :ermm: Any theories?

I think that is what the tabloids recently implied but she told a tabloid shortly after her date with him that he gave her his number and told her to call him when she was in Monaco and she lost the number. He was in SA to open a consulate and I think they came in contact then. I guess he called her. The time frame fits the 2005/06 timeline as it was just before Turin. Where did you find the fact that she became so upset she stopped swimming? I only heard she stopped because of injuries. Interesting. MyAdia is good with the timeline she said he said maybe she can clarify it.

I think that is what the tabloids recently implied but she told a tabloid shortly after her date with him that he gave her his number and told her to call him when she was in Monaco and she lost the number. He was in SA to open a consulate and I think they came in contact then. I guess he called her. The time frame fits the 2005/06 timeline as it was just before Turin. Where did you find the fact that she became so upset she stopped swimming? I only heard she stopped because of injuries. Interesting. MyAdia is good with the timeline she said he said maybe she can clarify it.
here's a link:
(9.91) Charlene Wittstock : Portrait. - Mon site Monaco
Jean Michel Gomez is speaking about Charlene and gives informations.
Yes she claimed (another time) that she was too sad for training...

They were at the Athens Games together. And there was a sighting of them in SA, around Newyear 2005/2006.

VSD, August 2006:
Rien de sulfureux dans son passé amoureux. Elle a fréquenté le nageur suédois Lars Frolander, puis le Britannique Robin Francis, avant de craquer pour le rugbyman sud-africain Andre Snyman en 2002-2003. Sa rupture avec la star de l'équipe des Springbocks la touche au point qu'elle arrête un temps ses entraînements. (Nothing juicy in her past love life. She dated the Swedish swimmer Lars Frolander, then the British Robin Francis, before falling for the South-African rugby player Andre Snyman in 2002-2003. Her break-up with the star of the Springbocks team affected her so much that she stopped training for a time.)
:devil:-alert: I'm tempted to say she stopped training due to a broken heart and after that got injured just in time to prevent her from needing to start training again, as there are so few results from her after 2002. Even now she only swims the absolute bare minimum to stay in SA national team. :argh: :confused:

unfortunately, Hibou, between what Charlene and Albert say and reality there is an enormous difference, because it seems to me that Charlene left with a rugby player, Andre Snyman (picture located here http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x216/lckc571_album/SnymanAndre.jpg ), and Albert left with Nicole Coste, how would she have made to correspond with him or to send emails, or to telephone to him???? without telephone numbers??? she said

don't forget Albert is accused to viol by Karen Mulder
"Karen Mulder also affirms to be violated by the prince of Monaco, and confirms that "politicians pay to have the company of the girls of Elite!". ÉvolutionQC - L'affaire Karen Mulder"

andré snyman left Charlene in 2003 for Amor Vittone, and in 2001 or 2002 "at the time of a dinner, Albert introduces Nicole at Rainier: "Here Nicole, the person about which one spoke both"." I suppose he want married Nicole and it was why he presented Nicole then why would Albert have still had a contact with Charlene during this period? it is true, there is to say much and the truth will never be known but the facts deny their statements completely. Albert always played with the press, he is secret, nothing will say except if he is discovered and that he cannot find a parade against
lckc571

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that Albert does have a lot of baggage, even for a rich and reigning prince. But he could still clean up his act. Like Paca said, he owes it to Monaco.....

But does Albert see it that way? Does he have the same level of commitment in "owing it to Monaco" as the commitment held by his father?

They were at the Athens Games together. And there was a sighting of them in SA, around Newyear 2005/2006.

:devil:-alert: I'm tempted to say she stopped training due to a broken heart and after that got injured just in time to prevent her from needing to start training again, as there are so few results from her after 2002. Even now she only swims the absolute bare minimum to stay in SA national team. :argh: :confused:

They were not at the Athens game together. I know someone who sat near Albert and there was no Charlene at the 2000 games. Of course they weren't glued to him only sitting near him, and there have been no pics of them from those games and if it were true they would have surfaced by now as the razzi could get some good cash for them, and I'm sure the other press would have picked up on it by now too. It helps with the fairytale story. At the time he may have still been with Alicia Warlick another blonde but one with brains. Sorry but I am certain he was not with her in Athens from various accounts.

Anyway, even when Charlene would sit on her bum the whole day, eating bonbons and watching movies... even then it is only Prince Albert, and no one of us, who eventually fells in love with her or even propose to her.

That is all. I see so many speculations and critics on Charlene: about her swimming or non-swimming, about her beauty or non-beauty, about her style or non-style.

But it is really up to Monseigneur le Prince and we simply have to await if something beautiful will blossom between the two.

:flowers:

Anyway, even when Charlene would sit on her bum the whole day, eating bonbons and watching movies... even then it is only Prince Albert, and no one of us, who eventually fells in love with her or even propose to her.

That is all. I see so many speculations and critics on Charlene: about her swimming or non-swimming, about her beauty or non-beauty, about her style or non-style.

But it is really up to Monseigneur le Prince and we simply have to await if something beautiful will blossom between the two.

:flowers:

With all due respect M. Henri, I think if it were going to blossom it would have by now. I wonder if the bloom isn't off the rose at this point.

They were not at the Athens game together. I know someone who sat near Albert and there was no Charlene at the 2000 games. Of course they weren't glued to him only sitting near him, and there have been no pics of them from those games and if it were true they would have surfaced by now as the razzi could get some good cash for them, and I'm sure the other press would have picked up on it by now too. It helps with the fairytale story. At the time he may have still been with Alicia Warlick another blonde but one with brains. Sorry but I am certain he was not with her in Athens from various accounts.
I have seen a pic of them together on an other forum, both sporting the Athens accredation cards. At the time it was thought that it was a pic of them the Paris night club he visited with her last year. But the card's laces were very distinct. I have more than 6500 items in the directory where I might have saved the pic (or not). A quick search gave no results. If I find it I'll let you know.

Edited to add: my bad. I'm so sorry. :blush::blush: I found the pic and it is an article about Charlene and Albert going out during the Turin Olympics, not Athens. I was wrong, sorry. It's getting late and I should go to bed.
Please don't shoot me. :prettyplease: :hiding:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom