What do you think of Charlene?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you like or not, she's going to be a princess of monaco. the pictures on the evnts in the last year shows the strong relationship that albert has with charlene.

My point was that I think that with Albert's sisters' marriage history, neither Caroline nor Stephanie can point a judgmental and disapproving finger to Albert about his dating Charlene.

Do you think they would?

Last edited by a moderator:
Stipulations

rchainho said:
If you like or not, she's going to be a princess of monaco. the pictures on the evnts in the last year shows the strong relationship that albert has with charlene.
We do not have to like it as it is "stipulated"by you or them.
They cannot impose a popularity they do not have and may have a resistance& difficulty earning.
When &if the people in the Hippodrome push back your stipulations&the princess of Monaco becoming or not will be meaningless.
DEO JUVANTE

Last edited:
[

But my point was that I think that with Albert's sisters' marriage history, neither Caroline nor Stephanie can point a judgmental and disapproving finger to Albert about his dating Charlene.

Do you think they would?[/quote]
Neither of these two Caro or Steph was going to become the sovereign and have Monaco hang in the balance because of their choices.I do not why the marriage history of Caro and Steph are now part of the moral majority's record on file.[especially since Caro has been known to be litigious and wants her privacy]
The balance of Monaco's future lies soley on Albert's shoulders.
This is not a suburban family that is affluent.
This is the dynasty of the Grimaldis.
I am not positive but I think the sisters have imparted their disdain for the lady.Just how deep this goes is difficult to speculate and something I am not likely to do.

ysbel said:
But my point was that I think that with Albert's sisters' marriage history, neither Caroline nor Stephanie can point a judgmental and disapproving finger to Albert about his dating Charlene.

Do you think they would?

I don't know what they would or could do; I know after her mother's death Caroline has taken on her all the responsabilities that fell on her (and at times also some of her siblings) as repeatedly acknowledged by Prince Rainier, and for that I respect her.
Plus I know I am pointing a disapproving finger at Albert, and not only for dating Charlene, who might be a very dear girl, but doesn't seem fit to be the next Princess of Monaco. I still hope I'm wrong about her, but that's what I hoped about Albert when Rainier died and he has definitely not met my expectations.

ysbel said:

Do you think they would?

I do not think so. Albert is their brother and I believe they will support him because only the 3 of them know what it has been like to have a life like theirs, with the parents they have had, and all of the other things they have had to put up with.

So whether they like his girlfriend or not, it is not about her. IMO they will support him because they love him and they want him to be happy.

JMO

ysbel said:

Do you think they would?

Albert's sisters are older and wiser now and Caroline has stayed married to Ernst someone her Mother wanted her to marry in the first place when they were both young and before anyone including Grace could have imagined his problem with alcohol. Also with their father gone even Stephanie has toned down her behavior and has done a remarkable job with the charities she oversees. She is slowly earning everyone's respect and if her kids turn out with their heads on straight and their feet on the ground she will be admired but time will tell on the later.

Jaya said:
Neither of these two Caro or Steph was going to become the sovereign and have Monaco hang in the balance because of their choices.I do not why the marriage history of Caro and Steph are now part of the moral majority's record on file.[especially since Caro has been known to be litigious and wants her privacy]

Point well taken about Caro or Steph not being the sovereign but if Albert doesn't straighten up, get married and beget a heir, then Caro and then Andrea will be the sovereign so their character will be important then.

We all make moral judgments about people. You're making a moral judgment about Charlene's character solely from pictures and a few interviews she's done. Its perfectly human nature to judge people based on a little evidence although it is sometimes not very fair. The differences between people show in the different moral judgements we make for or against a person.

Lillia said:
I do not think so. Albert is their brother and I believe they will support him because only the 3 of them know what it has been like to have a life like theirs, with the parents they have had, and all of the other things they have had to put up with.

So whether they like his girlfriend or not, it is not about her. IMO they will support him because they love him and they want him to be happy.

JMO

That, I think is very true and that is one trait I admire about Albert, Caro, and Stephanie.

They are all very supportive of each other, probably because they have made mistakes and survived.

ysbel said:
That, I think is very true and that is one trait I admire about Albert, Caro, and Stephanie.

They are all very supportive of each other, probably because they have made mistakes and survived.

yes, I agree. and they have had to live their mistakes in the public eye - they are the 3 that would know what it is like in that family, to always have to put up with all of that. Like yourself, I admire that of them very much. The 3 of them support one another.

I think that no matter what, they will always be there for Albert and he will always be there for them through everything.

JMO

Last edited:
The thread is now open for posting.

Please note that several posts have been HEAVILY edited to remove ALL speculative statements regarding Stefano and questions about his alleged associations. In addition, several off topic posts have been removed (i.e. wealthy vs. poor nations, Marisa Berenson, etc.).

In reference to the Caroline/Stephanie/Grace comparisons.....please try to remember that everyone is their own person and it is rather unfair to compare Stephanie/Caroline/Charlene in the 1990's/2000's to Grace of the 1950's. I understand the "reasoning" but this thread is fast becoming How Charlene is not like Caroline, Stephanie and Grace. And guess what..she is not...she is Charlene. That being said....let's try to stay on topic.

Thank you.

Zonk, tbhrc & Lady Jennifer
Monaco moderators

Last edited:
I am impressed (again) by MyAdia's research. I have not seen many pictures MyAdia posted and did not know many facts about Albert & "other girls".
I think that all this evidence about Albert's adventures while he supposed to be "in love" with Charlene should put stories about possible marriage to the rest. Maybe Albert would marry one day, but it will not be Charlene.

I am impressed (again) by MyAdia's research. I have not seen many pictures MyAdia posted and did not know many facts about Albert & "other girls".
I think that all this evidence about Albert's adventures while he supposed to be "in love" with Charlene should put stories about possible marriage to the rest. Maybe Albert would marry one day, but it will not be Charlene.
I don't think we can be certain about that. But if they marry, then we can be certain that she is accepting to be cheated on, because she has accepted it so far, and he will cheat on her when he feels like it, because he has done it before to her (and others) and gotten away with it. He has no reason to change this habbit of his. And she has put herself into a position where she will have to accept it. Ignoring rumours of unfaithfulness is one thing, especially when you are dealing with someone who is so media exposed. But to ignore those photos and then his continous comments of I am not getting married is accepting public humiliation. Even if it didn't go further then what we see in those pics, which girlfriend or wife would so stoicly accept their boyfriend or husband to touch another woman the way Albert did with Alycia Lane and the girl on the yacht. We know that Alycia Lanes husband did not. But Charlene did.

I don't think we can be certain about that. But if they marry, then we can be certain that she is accepting to be cheated on, because she has accepted it so far, and he will cheat on her when he feels like it, because he has done it before to her (and others) and gotten away with it. He has no reason to change this habbit of his. And she has put herself into a position where she will have to accept it. Ignoring rumours of unfaithfulness is one thing, especially when you are dealing with someone who is so media exposed. But to ignore those photos and then his continous comments of I am not getting married is accepting public humiliation. Even if it didn't go further then what we see in those pics, which girlfriend or wife would so stoicly accept their boyfriend or husband to touch another woman the way Albert did with Alycia Lane and the girl on the yacht. We know that Alycia Lanes husband did not. But Charlene did.
Paca I think people seem to want to ignore the points that you mentioned. I have no personal stake whatsoever if Albert marries Charlene. His marrying Charlene will not impact my world at all. This is really entertainment for me. But, the real and thus sad thing about discussing these two is the people who find no problem with the fact that over the last year and a half, Albert has shown disrespect toward Charlene and Charlene loves what she gets out of the relationship enough to ignore it. Ithink to get over this little problem of other women messing up their "fairtale romance" they tend to just dismiss any such reports. Again, has any of the recently married single royal men been seen in uncompromising positions with other women WHILE they were courting their brides?

Ok, another quote from a Nov 30, 2007 Bunte article that kinds of summarize what I am saying. I know that Bunte is not the most reliable source, but Charlene seems to like them a lot that she allowed them to follow her around in South Africa while she spoke to her fans and didn't she recently talked to them when she did the Audi ad? Well, the quote is supposedly from a Grimaldi confidant. Notice how he inadvertently insults Charlene. Although his statement was probably based on her attire early last year, I still think he is assuming that Charlene bought her own clothes only because they LOOK cheap. Charlene has worn designer clothing. Just because her taste may be cheap, doesn't mean the clothes are necessarily cheap, thus she isn't receiving any help. I guess now Albert doesn't have to pay for her clothes directly if he can help her (directly or indirectly just by her association with him) get her sponsorships. It's funny how people just use paying for her own clothes as proof of her independence. Who pays for the expensive Monaco housing & living expenses, $1000 gala tickets, plane fare around the world, luxury vacations, private coaches, etc. For the record, I find nothing wrong with anyone's wealthy boyfriend paying for their dating expenses, but please don't brag about your independence when you buy your own clothes with money gained by your association with him. Jeez!
A Grimaldi-confidant is impressed by Charlene, but that is exactly why he thinks that there will be no wedding: "She is very independent, lives her own live and you cannot buy her - neither with jewellry nor with clothes. Look what cheap outfits she wore when she was with him. She bought them herself! This woman will not make compromises to become a Princess. It is not a secret that Albert loves to flirt and she wants him to concentrate only on her and that he swears that. But Monaco really needs a new Princess. It is a principality without glitter and glamour at the moment."
Oh my goodness, does he thinks that Charlene will bring the glitter and glamour back?

Last edited:
did you remember Paca i said that during few time they were not "in love"?

Paca I think people seem to want to ignore the points that you mentioned. I have no personal stake whatsoever if Albert marries Charlene. His marrying Charlene will not impact my world at all. This is really entertainment for me. But, the real and thus sad thing about discussing these two is the people who find no problem with the fact that over the last year and a half, Albert has shown disrespect toward Charlene and Charlene loves what she gets out of the relationship enough to ignore it. Ithink to get over this little problem of other women messing up their "fairtale romance" they tend to just dismiss any such reports. Again, has any of the recently married single royal men been seen in uncompromising positions with other women WHILE they were courting their brides?
It's not only people that ignore the more unpleasant parts of this relationship. Most of the tabloids do too. I haven't seen photos of Albert's "unfaithfulness" in Bunte, Point de Vue or many of the other tabloids. Nor did I see the recent photos of Charlene gettting chummy with Massimiliano Rossini in Rome in any mag (save one). It seems they all conveniently ignore them, even when it's a tabloid front page story? Nor do any of the mags seem to care that they are being lied to. :confused: I just hope that they are gathering ammo for the future. :D

I hope he does not marry her, but if he does, then so be it. :flowers: He could do better, but if that is ever what he wants, then fine.

I agree, that CW puts herself where she will have to accept whatever PA does, if she wants to stay on in MC and try to benefit from his contacts.

IMO, Albert at the moment can't possibly cheat on Charlene because he obviously has not committed to her - he said he is not engaged to her, he has said in very plain terms that make no mistake, he is not marrying anyone. But everyone know he is having an affair with CW and it is mutual consent. He has shown that he is having some kind of a relationship with her and that is clear, but Albert has not ever once said it was exclusive - not one time ever.

IMO, she appears in pics with him for the sake of doing so - she benefits and she likes it.

CW grandmamma also gets nice clippings that she can hang on the fridge and fun stories she can tell with her neighbors. :lol:

Also, if it is PA company that has relationship with Audi, and CW appears in the Audi car ad, then CW gets some cash to live on. Like when he sued the magazine for the 'intrusive' photos and won the lawsuit and it was reported he gave part of the proceeds to her and the other part to charity (I think it happened like that).

Personally, I do not think it is wrong for him to help her out (especially since he and she are having some kind of 'thing' on occasion, I guess), I just don't think CW is as into her sport as she was at one time.

Last edited:
I think Charlene is the most beautiful girl PA ever dated. Inside and out. What strikes me the most is her kind smile and a puppy look in her eyes when she is introduced to people. It is a sign of her submissive nature and willingness to please which is a great tread for a future wife. So honest and innocent! Also I am starting to like he style more and more. It is a reflection of her inner beauty, subtle sophistication, elegance and deep spirituality.
The way she interacts with people shows that she is also a great conversationalist. When I see pictures of her in a deep conversations with various people I could only think that she must be a very opinionated person which is usually a tread of well-read people. I admire that fact even more taken in consideration her poor education. It shows that she is one of those people who constantly work on themselves using a different means other than a traditional education. That is a great asset for the future Princess. PA must be very proud. With her by his side he can be relaxed in any kind of setting because with her charms, charisma and deep insides she will be a center of attention everywhere he takes her.
I believe PA and Charlene compliment each other perfectly, and from all new Princesses Charlene will probably leave a biggest mark in our world, equal to the mark that PA is making in environmental causes.
I am looking forward to seeing Charlene become a wonderful Princess indeed! JMHO

:)I hope that Charlene goes for her GED. And get her self a job so people can stop saying that she Pr.Albert mistress and that it. Charlene need to prove to people in monaco that she can stand on her own two feet without her prince charming.

I think Charlene is the most beautiful girl PA ever dated. Inside and out. What strikes me the most is her kind smile and a puppy look in her eyes when she is introduced to people. It is a sign of her submissive nature and willingness to please which is a great tread for a future wife. So honest and innocent! Also I am starting to like he style more and more. It is a reflection of her inner beauty, subtle sophistication, elegance and deep spirituality.
The way she interacts with people shows that she is also a great conversationalist. When I see pictures of her in a deep conversations with various people I could only think that she must be a very opinionated person which is usually a tread of well-read people. I admire that fact even more taken in consideration her poor education. It shows that she is one of those people who constantly work on themselves using a different means other than a traditional education. That is a great asset for the future Princess. PA must be very proud. With her by his side he can be relaxed in any kind of setting because with her charms, charisma and deep insides she will be a center of attention everywhere he takes her.
I believe PA and Charlene compliment each other perfectly, and from all new Princesses Charlene will probably leave a biggest mark in our world, equal to the mark that PA is making in environmental causes.
I am looking forward to seeing Charlene become a wonderful Princess indeed! JMHO
Very adroitly put, I couldn't have said it any better. :wub: :flowers:

royal pauper I think you have finally echoed all our sentiments if that is what Pa desires and makes a decision on . The sooner the better.amen.

Thank you royal pauper, I agree with you. Nothing wrong with the girl other than some people think she is not suitable because of lack of education, not of a noble family. I like her and hope that she is around for a long time.

Stellad

Thank you royal pauper, I agree with you. Nothing wrong with the girl other than some people think she is not suitable because of lack of education, not of a noble family. I like her and hope that she is around for a long time.

Stellad

I think that it obvious from my post that I was sarcastic!:rolleyes::ermm::bang:

I do have to say that Caroline has been so dutiful in the job since Grace died that there has to be a good reason. As for sucking it up, if and I say if because we don't really know, but going on the assumption that it was Charlene, this was a family rememberance and frankly Charlene is the one who should have sucked it up and bowed out, so Caroline and the trio would attend. Put the shoe on the other foot. In the end I blame Albert who really knows what the situation is should have done something (like leave Charlene at home) so that it would have been a family affair

Caroline is the one whose style continues to bring the same glamour that her Mother did and her absence only points out the lack of style and glamour (although I thought Stephanie looked terrific) that is missing since Grace died. We've all commented that Charlene doesn't have it and what better way to point out the contrast than to be missing in action. JMO
Hibou, I will respond to your comment here on why I think pigs will fly before Charlene bow out for anyone and it should have been Princess Caroline to use her style and grace that she is noted and praised for to rise to the occasion and attend the exhibition opening honoring her mother. There could be an innocent reason why Caroline didn't attend the event (although I cannot think of a good excuse and sickness is out since we saw her enjoying herself on a yacht with her family). But first, since we are not allowed to speculate on WHY Princess Caroline has not attended recent events that she normally has attended or should have attended, what exactly are the events that Princess Caroline normally attends that she hasn’t, but Charlene has accompanied Prince Albert? Ok, here’s what I know.
1. I have seen past Princess Grace Awards gala that Caroline has attended even when Albert brought a date (i.e. Alicia Warlick for three years), but this past year she didn’t attend, but Charlene did.
2. Caroline normally attends the Rose Ball, which she did, but Charlene did not.
3. Last year Caroline was on Albert’s balcony with Charlene during the Grand Prix and it made cover stories as Caroline endorsing Charlene, this year Caroline was not on the balcony and Charlene was.
4. Charlene attended the Small Games and Caroline did not, but this was a special event and we do not know if Caroline would have attended even if Charlene did not.
5. Last year Caroline attended the jumping event with her kids and Charlene did not. This year, Charlene attended the jumping event and Caroline did not.
6. Charlene attended a ballet performance and Caroline did not (but would Caroline have attended this in the past?)

There were two special events thus far this year that were to honor Princess Grace – the Television special and the Exhibition opening. I don’t know if Charlene attended the television opening, but she was at the Exhibition, and Caroline did not attended neither, but Stephanie attended both. Frankly, I believed that Caroline should have sucked it up (if she is sulking) and attended this event.

Why? Because I have not seen anything presented by Charlene to show that she is capable of bowing out for anyone other than herself. Please refresh your memory and visualize the faces of the Grimaldi crew as they entered the Red Cross ball. Clearly to anyone with sight there was something that Albert, Stephanie, and Caroline were unhappy about, but Charlene was grinning from ear to ear and posing non-stop. Cameras were shooting non-stop throughtout the night because everybody was expecting the “love-birds” to announce their engagements (which was rather a ridiculous assumption to expect an engagement announced at this event). With thousands of pictures taken, there was not one shot of Caroline talking to Charlene. They sat only one seat apart and not even a glance, yet we have seen Caroline talk to people across a table and down a table at other galas. So, I don’t care how some people won’t to spin this happy tale, there is clearly a reason why Caroline was not speaking to Charlene at least at that event. But, we were told from a South African columnist that when Charlene attended the AMADE gala that she sat at Caroline’s table and chatted. So, maybe all the above is just coincidence - you decide.

Albert is doing what he has always done – satisfy his pleasures. What do I think of Charlene? I believe that Charlene is only doing what she has done as a 23 year old since her first date with the 43 year old – playing her game. I think Charlene is a gamer – and she plays to win. Charlene knows what she wants and she goes after it. Albert is the only important player in her game – his opinion is the only one that matters. Remember her Paris Match quotes – when she wants something she puts her everything in it to achieve her goal. Princess Caroline is no match for a gamer like Charlene. Caroline's avoidance will have no effect on someone like Charlene because she does not play by the same rules as someone like Caroline. At any of the recent events that Charlene has attended (and Caroline hasn’t), did Charlene seem upset – I doubt it. Caroline is only hurting Monaco – she is definitely not putting a dent in Charlene’s game. If other women have not stopped Charlene’s game, why would anything think that Caroline’s avoidance would. If anything a gamer would be pleased that Caroline doesn’t show – if you were Charlene would you want Caroline at your events? Think of Grace and Antoinette.

If you haven’t figured out Charlene’s game yet, just a reminder – have you seen her in a European pool competing yet? This is what she claimed that she was coming to Europe to do – to compete and train for the Beijing Olympics. Didn't she tell Paris Match that competing in the Beijing Olympics was her only goal after she first told (and showed) the world that she and Albert were lovers? Thus far, I see the score as Charlene 5, Caroline 0, and Monaco is sitting this one out on the bench. However, the drawback for a gamer is that their wins are normally very short lived.

My Adia, I do understand your point and agree to a certain degree. But Carolines absence is not directed towards Albert or Charlene. It is directed towards the media and the people of Monaco. She is showing her disapproval and her support for those who have met her Charlene and disapprove of her. We know that some have lost their jobs over their disapproval of ALberts choice of companion. Caroline can not and will not go and make a press announcement stating her opinion of her brothers choice. Her absence at those important events is her press announcement. Caroline is Alberts sister. She can not use the same means as Charlene and can not play her game. That would be sth that 2 women fighting over Albert could do, but not Caroline. She is Alberts heir at present and has to act with dignity but also make her opinion known within reason to the Monegasques. Stephs opinion in this matter is less of a statement and less important. Although she has shown clearly by ignorig Charlene in the Forum and at the concert where she stands. But she also showed that she will live her life and attend which ever event she wants to. She has done so before and has no problems sitting with the common public. Caro can not do this and should not do this. she has no rebellious history as Steph to fall back on, so people do understand her message loud and clear.

Does it bother Charlene? Of course not because she thinks that she is the winner. Albert is in her mind standing up for her (but is he really or is he just standing up for himself and being childish? He is acting like a six yearold expects a prince to act not as an adult would expect him to act....) She believes that she is in a strong position here and that the tiara is within reach. But is it? Albert is acting the stubborn child here. And he should continue to do so for some time. Fire some more people, ignore advisors. Have people laugh behind his back. He is surely damaging Monaco more then Caro can possibly do by staying away from some events. I personally hope that she will not show for the red cross ball and that it will be only Antoinette, Elizabeth-Ann and Melanie who will be walking with Albert ad Charlene. I love to see the tabloids fodder after that. And I'd love to see pics of Caro and Steph together at the same time enjoying themselves. Now that would be a delight. After the tabloids have finally caught on to what is going on, Of course Albert will continue to be pigheaded, but Charlene will not be the point of it anymore. Finally Charlene will lose, because so far she has only had Pyrrus victories. but she doesn't know that yet. She is not particularly clever. She managed so far to hold on to Albert and make Albert hold on to her, but in the long run, she will lose. She said herself that she is only living in the moment. That is why she does not see where she is heading ultimately...home.

If all the assumptions about Caro's absence are true (and that is still a big if, even if smaller than before the opening of the exhibition IMO), Caro is probably not playing against Charlene, who, as you rightly said couldn't care less if Caro attends what, and probably prefers to have the spotlight to herself, but against Albert. It's Albert who should recognize the true publicity, glamour and elegance asset Caro brings to the Principality, and respect it; so it would have been him to avoid bringing Charlene (she has no reason to "bow out", not being her country at stake) in order for Caro to show up. Like in all family conflicts between women (mother-in-law/daughter-in-law, sisters-in-law) it is up to the male in between to be a buffer; as I don't have much faith in Albert's strength of character, I think the conflict might get ugly.
Still my opinion is that Caro is not trying to prove a point to Charlene but to Albert, and that point is "see what you can do without me": in Italy usually events that Caro attends have double press attention, so Albert might soon start to see the effects of this voluntary exile, particulary if the Casiraghi are involved, as Charlotte is at the moment the darling of the press in many countries, and the only one able to attract young readers to be interested in Monaco. Of course this is mainly speculation on my part so it must be taking with more than a grain of salt.

ETA: I also agree with what PACA said...the only way for the tabloids to pick up a story is for Caro to desert the Red Cross ball...we'll see. Anyway, with stubborn children sometimes thing can get worse when you oppose them; I hope Albert doesn't end up marrying Charlene just to prove he can. Still with or without Charlene, he isn't showing much maturity or sense of what is due to his role in all of this.

Last edited:
My Adia, I do understand your point and agree to a certain degree. But Carolines absence is not directed towards Albert or Charlene. It is directed towards the media and the people of Monaco. She is showing her disapproval and her support for those who have met her Charlene and disapprove of her. We know that some have lost their jobs over their disapproval of ALberts choice of companion. Caroline can not and will not go and make a press announcement stating her opinion of her brothers choice. Her absence at those important events is her press announcement. Caroline is Alberts sister. She can not use the same means as Charlene and can not play her game. That would be sth that 2 women fighting over Albert could do, but not Caroline. She is Alberts heir at present and has to act with dignity but also make her opinion known within reason to the Monegasques. Stephs opinion in this matter is less of a statement and less important. Although she has shown clearly by ignorig Charlene in the Forum and at the concert where she stands. But she also showed that she will live her life and attend which ever event she wants to. She has done so before and has no problems sitting with the common public. Caro can not do this and should not do this. she has no rebellious history as Steph to fall back on, so people do understand her message loud and clear.

Does it bother Charlene? Of course not because she thinks that she is the winner. Albert is in her mind standing up for her (but is he really or is he just standing up for himself and being childish? He is acting like a six yearold expects a prince to act not as an adult would expect him to act....) She believes that she is in a strong position here and that the tiara is within reach. But is it? Albert is acting the stubborn child here. And he should continue to do so for some time. Fire some more people, ignore advisors. Have people laugh behind his back. He is surely damaging Monaco more then Caro can possibly do by staying away from some events. I personally hope that she will not show for the red cross ball and that it will be only Antoinette, Elizabeth-Ann and Melanie who will be walking with Albert ad Charlene. I love to see the tabloids fodder after that. And I'd love to see pics of Caro and Steph together at the same time enjoying themselves. Now that would be a delight. After the tabloids have finally caught on to what is going on, Of course Albert will continue to be pigheaded, but Charlene will not be the point of it anymore. Finally Charlene will lose, because so far she has only had Pyrrus victories. but she doesn't know that yet. She is not particularly clever. She managed so far to hold on to Albert and make Albert hold on to her, but in the long run, she will lose. She said herself that she is only living in the moment. That is why she does not see where she is heading ultimately...home.

Thank you paca I agree with everything you said.

Also I understand that Charlene is a competitor and she can win at any cost. But she is not playing against a rival for Albert's affections as mentioned. If as paca pointed out she were to issue a statement to the press she would come across all sorts of ways -the press would choose to represent to their interests. I truly believe she has Monaco's interest at heart not her own wish to rule. She has made it clear over the years that to rule was not on her agenda. After all I think if she truly wanted to, Rainier would have given it to her and not Albert. But he let Albert take the throne knowing that Caroline would be a close advisor. Well As paca pointed out all his close advisors have either left or were fired. Caroline is doing the only thing she can do and that is avoid the confrontation. I also think something happened at the Grand Prix as that was the last place Caroline showed up in good faith. I place the blame squarely on Albert's shoulders as he is the monarch and should know how by now to handle delicate diplomacy. Yet another failure on his part. JMO.

I am sorry Myadia, I don’t agree with you, it is to give qualities, competences, aptitudes for Charlene which she does not have, how can she have the least knowledge in "how to organize an official reception, or the plays....." and frankly between occupying themselves of an official reception and assisting as a guest are two completely different things, Charlene did anything in the plays of the small states, nothing, she parades, to occupy themselves of the sets of small states: it is to organize, plan, the appointments, to choose the color of such or such thing, never Charlene will not have as a guest the responsibility of make though is, she is not MONEGASQUE, she is foreign, which was not even there throughout the year in Monaco let us
  • let us give the pendulums per hour, why Caroline would have attended the plays of the small states, the sport is not her field, put aside the great price of Formula One, and if she already attended this kind of event, do not forget her father Prince Rainier was still alive, at this time... she does not have then any more any reason to assist to with it...
  • with regard to Jumping, it is true that Caroline would have to assist to with it, it is on her presence that to count Albert, he wanted to impose Charlene on his sister, only her sister preceded while not assisting there (Caroline is hardening of her father, with the same character, she knew to judge Charlene)
  • charlene is only one friend of Albert, never the friends of Albert are not occupied events, they assist it to with it is all...
  • concerning the quality of beating, there too afflicted, I don’t adhere, if she were one beating she would show it, while going to swim, in small competitions to show her will... it is what all the athletes do, they do not sleep on their bay-trees while thinking : “I would involve myself later, I have time...”
it is clear like says it PACA, that at a time given Charlene will lose, "when" is the witty remark which is appropriate to pronounce and know we it all: "Drive out the naturalness and it returns au.galop" and charlene will end up taking a step of through...

lckc571

If all the assumptions about Caro's absence are true (and that is still a big if, even if smaller than before the opening of the exhibition IMO), Caro is probably not playing against Charlene, who, as you rightly said couldn't care less if Caro attends what, and probably prefers to have the spotlight to herself, but against Albert. It's Albert who should recognize the true publicity, glamour and elegance asset Caro brings to the Principality, and respect it; so it would have been him to avoid bringing Charlene (she has no reason to "bow out", not being her country at stake) in order for Caro to show up...
We have seen what Albert thinks is true glamour and elegance. Just look at some of the past tabloid cover that he and Charlene has graced. Here's just a sample of the type of glamour that Albert has brought to Monaco - Point de Vue and Bunte. Even with a winter sweater, Charlne cannot resist exposing herself. With most of her attire, she seems to have mixed up sexualty with glamour. Again, it shows Charlene's only focus, pleasing Albert. Now, I believe that Charlene's outward appearance will greatly approved with the right stylist, but the mentality behind her choice of attire will still be there.

Just look at her recent picture at the concert. You can see her nipples in this picture, but one writer in Monaco described her attire as elegant. I think Charlene's confidence has increased with each tabloid cover. Thus far, she has made the cover of at least Bunte, Point de Vue, or Gala at every event that she attended with Albert. Honestly, she IS the center of attention (at least to the press) at these events. And, I think Charlene knows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom