What do you think of Charlene?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
miraglia1983 said:
I don't have anything negative to say about Charlene Wittstock. She is in my opinion an athlete, a young woman who perhaps is in love with this very rich, lonely older man. She is lovely and just needs to be polished and trained. Prince Albert doesn't have the greatest reputation in the world. It can't be easy being with a man who cannot commit. I do see that they seem very happy together. She is young enough to give him an heir and with good advisors, can bring glamour and respect back to Monaco. Charlene needs to be taught a new way of life. Not easy when all she has done is concentrate on being a swimming champion. With some help from Prince Albert and his sisters, I think she will succeed as Princess of Monaco.

There in lies the problem. He doesn't seem to be helping her at all. It's been one misstep after another for her for over a year. I can't say that I've seen any improvement. It's more like she has handlers not help. JMO

Lillia said:
Maybe so, but I still think it is uncalled for to think that it is ok (or even expected) that Charlene would be treated in a rude way at such a public event (if she has been experienced rudeness, I do not know). I think people can treat her with some respect.

It's not nice. but ok, I guess if I'm on these boards commenting about her clothes and her relation with Albert, then I should not be one to talk (yes, I know it makes me into a hypocrite:neutral: )

I still think Albert could be more sensitive to all that, and at he very least state his support for her instead of just taking her around places and saying that he's not marrying her and allowing her to be called 'official companion' and such. It just does not seem to have gone very nicely, imo.

But I could be mistaken:flowers:

He should protect/cover her better. It would not required much work from him either, that's all I'm saying
I do not know why Prince Albert should step up to the plate of "prompting"people into respecting Charlene. PA is also blamed for not assisting her ineffective clothes choices and not extending his wallet to her.Miss Wittsock should be able to command her own respect and not be defined by PA's aegis.That is tantamount to a betrothal and potential spousal rights.Just what is he supposed to say that would not be short of an announcement ??
Miss Wittsock is thirty years old and quite capable to stride through golden & mirrored corridors that may promise glory yet she cannot command respect on her own?She has been a notable athlete so why not? What is the reason?I guess those rude and ignorant plebeians are trouble since they cannot name a saint after her yet aren't they?Miss Wittsock has allowed herself to called "official companion" and not said anything to the contrary.She is quite capable of saying I do not like this title kindly do not imply this of me.Why is PA again responsible?We seem to blame PA for quite a lot that is the manner by which Miss Wittsock would have earned our special respect by handling it from her own personal initiative .
Do you think that maybe the reason why we have not heard of an annnouncement yet?r e s p e c t You command, earn, but there is no entitlement to it.A lady who can pose in front of her Audi cannot command respect?.No do not tell me the crowds should not be rude to her.When you step into the Byzantine Hippodrome anything is bound to happen especially since the Blue and Green factions are as unpredictable as this relationship.marriage bound or not.
I say Miss Wittsock should and can earn her own respect.No one owes this to her or anyone else.

miraglia1983 said:
I don't have anything negative to say about Charlene Wittstock. She is in my opinion an athlete, a young woman who perhaps is in love with this very rich, lonely older man. She is lovely and just needs to be polished and trained. Prince Albert doesn't have the greatest reputation in the world. It can't be easy being with a man who cannot commit. I do see that they seem very happy together. She is young enough to give him an heir and with good advisors, can bring glamour and respect back to Monaco. Charlene needs to be taught a new way of life. Not easy when all she has done is concentrate on being a swimming champion. With some help from Prince Albert and his sisters, I think she will succeed as Princess of Monaco.
If you are happy together you commit. You button down the hatches and attempt to make the other happy.You do not pause and lose momentum.
Again the elusive question of respect and Monaco.I fail to understand how if you need advisors that you can bring or restore respect or glamour to Monaco .I was deluded enough to think it came in and of itself and from the virtues of the person.If Miss Wittsock is this person we will soon see.If Prince Albert does not have the greatest reputation in the world girls need not chase him.Why does a man need to commit ? Why does he need to justify his existence by the motions of marriage and children?You see I tend to think more highly of the Prince than you do.At least he is no hypocrite.
Miss Wittsock is too needy of assistance in all spheres of her calling to be Princess help here help there .Ye Gods How difficult is it to marry a billionaire and step into that life with breakfast served in bed and your clothes layed out?Yet you say his sisters should assist?Assist what?One would think you have succeeded by the nuptials alone and PA's endowment of earthly goods .
JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
If one has not been brought up in a certain environment it can be difficult to learn what to do, but most intelligent woman figure it out quickly -they learn. If they have no knack for fashion and there are a few of us out there that need help, you seek out someone to help you -who knows how to put an outfit together and most importantly tailor it. You do not need a large wallet to look nice and "put together" and you do not need a certain princess look but one that is suitable for the occasions one is attending. You can get advice on protocol from PA's experts as to what and how to behave in the role she is currently in. Smart girls figure this out and do their homework. I am speaking in general terms not necessary about Miss Wittstock. This is what I have seen in the other women who went on to become a Princess. I am particularly impressed with Queen Rania when I say this. JMO

Who is rude?

Lillia said:
I don't think people should treat CW badly - people should not be rude to her at all, they should behave like adults and treat her with sincere couresty just as they themselves would like to be treated where ever they may be. :flowers: :eek:

No one deserves that, no matter what, imo. (I admit I'm having mixed sentiment: I want to stick up for her, but again...)

But I do honestly think that Albert could do better in stating his public support for her (make a statement thanking her for being a bright spot in his life or something), even if they are not headed for marriage. After all, they are not the first couple to have an affair and not marry, so it is nothing new in the world
I do not think CW has been treated badly. Why does this storyline get inverted everytime we attempt to garner sympathy for Miss Wittsock. She brought this on herself by allowing herself to called 'official companion' by a newspaper. If that was me I would have had them print a retraction because it is tantamount to being called a "concubine"and hardly enhances one's image. So now the plebeians in the Hippodrome make noises because they may feel controlled by the uncertainty prevailing in the atmosphere; by the destabilization of their affairs as such; and it is unfair?
If PA and Miss Wittsock are entitled to their actions those of the Hippodrome are entitled to theirs for their own reasons-ask them.PA & Miss Wittsock are treated deferentially throughout this transitional phase of all aspects concerning their relationship and those of the Hippodrome cannot crumple a paper and make a noise?If in future they are not desirous of noises they should examine what it is that was done to trigger this reaction.
I have been in that Hippodrome with the factions of both the Blues and the Greens and the noises are nothing.One thing is certain the plebeians and the masses at a certain level cannot be fooled so it is wise to weigh who is rude to begin with and who is mirroring that? and why before the sob sisters and the sympathy aunts come into attempting to attain more sympathy for Miss Wittsock. which she hardly needs and never will. JMO

Last edited:
Jaya said:
I do not think CW has been treated badly. Why does this storyline get inverted everytime we attempt to garner sympathy for Miss Wittsock. She brought this on herself by allowing herself to called 'official companion' by a newspaper. If that was me I would have had them print a retraction because it is tantamount to being called a "concubine"and hardly enhances one's image. So now the plebeians in the Hippodrome make noises and it is unfair?
I have been in that Hippodrome with the factions of both the Blues and the Greens and the noises are nothing.One thing is certain the plebeians and the masses at a ceratain level cannot be fooled so it is wise to weigh who is rude to begin with and who is mirroring that? and why before the sob sisters and the sympathy aunts come into attempting to attain more symapathy for Miss Wittsock. which she hardly needs and never will. JMO

ok. Fine. PA took action against the pictures that they did not like (CW and him both flopping around in the jacuzzi and her crawling over him like some kind of sea barnicle). He sued and gave her the proceeds. Yet, apparently they have not have any issue with Ms Wittstock being called 'official companion' (i.e. casual lover). In any event I do think that public rude behavior is just that - rude and many times uncalled for.

I myself certainly would not want to be treated that way no matter what. I do agree though, clearly CW is not in need of anyones sympathy -- she's managed to get PA to keep her around, so obviously the girl can take care of herself.

Last edited:
I do think Charlene is very pretty, just needs some polishing. Her latest photos show a very pretty woman, who above all, has been an athlete. She seems sweet and polite. Honestly, with some etiquette and grooming lessons, she'll be a fine princess. However, as happy as they may seem, I question the huge age difference between them. 20 years!!!! What's up with that? Of course he is crazy about her. Any man his age would love to have this pretty woman by his side. She is also child bearing age and they will make beautiful babies. Will she be able to withstand all the pressure of being Princess of Monaco. But then, if Prince Albert chooses an older woman, he might not get any heirs. I honestly like her. She is very pretty and hopefully he will invest in getting her the best advisors in the universe, announce an engagement and make an honest woman out of her. Hopefully, she will shine as a humanitarian, a mother, a wife and a Princess of Monaco.

One question...doesn't anyone find it strange that Albert is the only Prince that goes around with his girlfriend...sorry, "friend", to all of these events and yet there is no official comitment between these two. If you look at all of the other Princes (Felipe, Carlos, Willem-Alexander to name a few) did not do this. They didn't go around doing official duties with their other halfs until after they were officially engaged. Know what I mean? Or is this ok for Albert because he's already the Soverign of Monacco? Just thinking outloud....

RachelD said:
One question...doesn't anyone find it strange that Albert is the only Prince that goes around with his girlfriend...sorry, "friend", to all of these events and yet there is no official comitment between these two. If you look at all of the other Princes (Felipe, Carlos, Willem-Alexander to name a few) did not do this. They didn't go around doing official duties with their other halfs until after they were officially engaged. Know what I mean? Or is this ok for Albert because he's already the Soverign of Monacco? Just thinking outloud....

That is easy to answer! Because they (Felipe, Carlos, Willem-Alexander to name a few) are inteligent, serious and mature young people!:flowers:

miraglia1983 said:
I do think Charlene is very pretty, just needs some polishing. Her latest photos show a very pretty woman, who above all, has been an athlete. She seems sweet and polite. Honestly, with some etiquette and grooming lessons, she'll be a fine princess. However, as happy as they may seem, I question the huge age difference between them. 20 years!!!! What's up with that? Of course he is crazy about her. Any man his age would love to have this pretty woman by his side. She is also child bearing age and they will make beautiful babies. Will she be able to withstand all the pressure of being Princess of Monaco. But then, if Prince Albert chooses an older woman, he might not get any heirs. I honestly like her. She is very pretty and hopefully he will invest in getting her the best advisors in the universe, announce an engagement and make an honest woman out of her. Hopefully, she will shine as a humanitarian, a mother, a wife and a Princess of Monaco.

Albert has already said (many times now) that he has no intention of marrying anyone (Charlene) not now nor in the distant future.

He's just carrying on a casual relationship with her and she's just fine with it.:flowers:

So I guess it seems Monaco will have to deal with PA pushing his 'favored' for now -- rather than getting 'HSH, The Princess of Monaco", they have to settle for "Charlene, the 'official companion' (some might say 'concubine').

JMO

Last edited:
Lillia said:
ok. Fine. PA took action against the pictures that they did not like (CW and him both flopping around in the jacuzzi and her crawling over him like some kind of sea barnicle). He sued and gave her the proceeds. Yet, apparently they have not have any issue with Ms Wittstock being called 'official companion' (i.e. casual lover). In any event I do think that public rude behavior is just that - rude and many times uncalled for.

I myself certainly would not want to be treated that way no matter what. I do agree though, clearly CW is not in need of anyones sympathy -- she's managed to get PA to keep her around, so obviously the girl can take care of herself.
Why is it public rude behaviour?What is so offensive to you about this? It is reactionary certainly but rude How?You say you would not like to be treated like that no matter what. Then you might have the aptitude to think that your actions can have repurcussions because you will be the potential representative of these plebeians. I myself would investigate why this happened.Was I connected or disconnected? Was I defending in a round about manner or not? Why did the others react to and why?
Just taking the outcome and condemning it is perhaps not wise .Do the plebeians not have the right to a voice or exchange? If it has come to them being rude and not having had an outlet for expressing anything else in a civil manner you might want to consider that resentment and exasperation have been the root cause as perhaps not addressed.
If you would not want to be treated like that then you should be circumspect and judicious before stepping into the Hippodrome.
Those of the Hippodrome are citizens they are free to express themselves and not subject to feudal rules and regulations; just as Pa & Miss Wittsock may do anything they please.Those of the Hippodrome are Byzantines and Athenians and that is democracy.Democracy is never "rude".It is sacred and that is why the plebeians may have reacted.That is the gift of citizenship .

Last edited:
Jaya said:
Why is it public rude behaviour? It is reactionary certainly but rude How?You say you would not like to be treated like that no matter what. Then you might have the aptitude to think that your actions can have reprucussions because you will be the potential representative of these plebeians. I myself would investigate why this happened.Do the plebeians not have the right to a voice or exchange? If it has come to them being rude and not having had an outlet for expressing anything else in a civil manner you might want to consider that resentment and exasperation have been the root cause as perhaps not addressed.
If you would not want to be treated like that then you should be circumspect and judicious before stepping into the Hippodrome.
Those of the Hippodrome are citizens they are free to express themselves and not subject to feudal rules and regulations; just as Pa & Miss Wittsock may do anything they please.Those of the Hippodrome are Byzantines and Athenians and that is democracy.Democracy is never "rude".It is sacred and that is why the plebeians may have reacted.That is the gift of citizenship .

ok Jaya. :study: who in the world are the 'plebeians' that you keep referring to (jus' kiddin')?

And if the 'pleebs' want to boo and whistle at CW, then they obviously have the right to do so. As I said before, I would not want to be treated in such a way -- but again, I would not, as you have correctly pointed out, trot myself around in the same manner as CW has. Perhaps their reaction may cause Albert to review his choices and his conduct.

Especially since he chooses to trot his chick (& his personal business) out and around to the public (yeah right -- when pigs fly:pigsfly:).

I still think it's rude.

Does anyone know if the whistling and such were really loud? Was it at least noticeable to those two? Any reaction at all from them?

No offense intended here, but I heard it's agaist the rule in MC to criticize any member of the princely family, is that correct?

Last edited:
miraglia1983 said:

------------------------------------

From everything we have seen by now there is no doubt that Charlene will be all of that!;)
It is clear that girl has soooo much potential. Even PA had noticed that and had shown us by taking her back and forth. One day she is in the first row next day she is in the back row. Depends of the wind!
But never mind as you said PA can hire the best advisors in the Universe and with little luck Charlene might be (I am sure) ready for the Princess role in ten years. PA will be 60 years old so that will be perfect too, since he should probably mature by then.JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Blues & Greens

Lillia said:
ok Jaya. :study: who in the world are the 'plebeians' that you keep referring to (jus' kiddin')?

And if the 'pleebs' want to boo and whistle at PA and CW, then they obviously have the right to do so. As I said before, I would not want to be treated in such a way -- but again, I would not, as you have correctly pointed out, trot myself around in the same manner as CW has. Perhaps their reaction may cause Albert to review his choices and his conduct.

Especially since he chooses to trot his chick (& his personal business) out and around to the public (yeah right -- when :pigsfly:).

I still think it's rude.

Does anyone know if the whistling and such were really loud? Was it at least noticeable to those two? Any reaction at all from them?
Lillia,
It is their Hippodrome & they can work it out hopefully and whether you think it is rude does not affect the greater historical significance of this possible precursor .By calling this rude it is a veiled manner to censorship imo .Dogmatic to still think it rude but then of course you too are entitled to your opinion with which I disagree. But I stand by your right to express it like those Green & Blue factions in the Hippodrome.

concubines & other strangers

Lillia said:
Albert has already said (many times now) that he has no intention of marrying anyone (Charlene) not now nor in the distant future.

He's just carrying on a casual relationship with her and she's just fine with it.:flowers:

So I guess it seems Monaco will have to deal with PA pushing his 'favored' for now -- rather than getting 'HSH, The Princess of Monaco", they have to settle for "Charlene, the 'official companion' (some might say 'concubine').

JMO
Appreciate the double speak.
You know Pa is unpredictable.
You& I know this is beyond a casual relationship.
Every word is used in "polemic" "word for word" like at the end of the day if they marry it affects us?Who cares as long as they are happy.
Who are the people who settle for "concubine"?[or is that rude too? for such cult figure status? get a grip]
What does that mean settle for concubine or official companion?
Why do you ascribe a kind of sideways blame on us for Miss Wittsock's goof ups-which appear to be working in her favour?
Why do you make it sound like Miss Wittsock is some kind of cult figure;she should not be criticised because she fills this cult status and PA & her cannot listen to noise in the Hippodrome because they are cult figures?Because it is rude is it?The fish is still in the water and not in the frying pan and you are ahead of yourself.And I still think that is rude and not the other.

over idealized?

miraglia1983 said:
Yes I do envision Miss Wittsock receiving the Nobel Peace Prize for her shining humanitarian efforts or assisting Pa to win this with potential books she can help him write as her high academic standing would be such an asset to the world& Monaco.I can see her taking her stratospheric humanitarian place beside the likes of the Mahatama Gandhi, Nelson Mandela [like her grandfather she said in an interview]and Dr. Martin Luther King.Her resemblance to Cheryl Tiegs and all those who assist with her clothes should have prompted it already.And as she is receiving the Nobel I hope she is holding one of the beautiful babies they will make. Cannot imagine why it hasn't happened already excepting that he hasn't made an honest woman out of her yet maybe.?

Last edited:
Jaya said:
Yes I do envision Miss Wittsock receiving the Nobel Peace Prize for her shining humanitarian efforts or assisting Pa to win this with potential books she can help him write as her high academic standing would be such an asset to the world& Monaco.I can see her taking her stratospheric humanitarian place beside the likes of the Mahatama Gandhi, Nelson Mandela [like her grandfather she said in an interview]and Dr. Martin Luther King.Her resemblance to Cheryl Tiegs and all those who assist with her clothes should have prompted it already.And as she is receiving the Nobel I hope she is holding one of the beautiful babies they will make. Cannot imagine why it hasn't happened already excepting that he hasn't made an honest woman out of her yet maybe.?

Please Jaya help me in here.... are you joking or you are serious!!???:ermm:

royal pauper said:

I join to you, Royal Pauper, I am extremely shocked, :bang: :bang: :bang: I had prepared a message but I pack so much, that I fear to wound Jaya more than I would like it...

sorry, sorry, Jaya, but I do not agree of the whole!!!!

and if it is black humour, a manner of laughing at it rather than in crying over the Albert relation - Charlene, then will know that I cry than laughing rather about it
pleure-triste-59.gif

lckc571

Subject to interpretation

royal pauper said:
One of my eighteen ex- husbands had the Nobel Prize but not in peace.At the top of the commentary I write "over idealized" does that explain anything?
What does it matter what I think?We must bring to the for what has been rude[imagine?].One of the Nobel Prize scrutineers comes to interview you before the prize is bestowed.These things are subject to interpretation & timelines.
Also would people cease to allude to Miss Wittsock needing "polish"[& "grooming lessons" like Miss Wittsock this notable athlete of the water has never been in the shower?} like she is a chest of cedar drawers.[it maybe rude alas along with those boisterous plebeians in the Hippodrome making noises]I think the applicable word for individuals is "refinement"

Last edited:
Jaya said:

That hasn't stopped any of the others......

Jaya said:
Appreciate the double speak.
You know Pa is unpredictable.
You& I know this is beyond a casual relationship.
Every word is used in "polemic" "word for word" like at the end of the day if they marry it affects us?Who cares as long as they are happy.

Polemic, hyperbole, double talk, what ever you wish - obviously he likes her, but I have no such knowledge at all that PA is in any committed relation with his girl, especially since he has said numerous times that is is not committing to anyone (understanding that in some cases, one needs to take Albert's words with a big grain of salt). :beamup:

Who are the people who settle for "concubine"?[or is that rude too? for such cult figure status? get a grip]
What does that mean settle for concubine or official companion?

As I said before, imo it seems that Monaco hasn't gotten anything close to HSH, The Princess from Albert (he could surprise everybody), but instead he seems to put forth his own version: Charlene, the 'official companion' (or maybe she put herself there, I don't know)-- interpret it as you like .:flowers:

Why do you ascribe a kind of sideways blame on us for Miss Wittsock's goof ups-which appear to be working in her favour?

I 'blame' no one for CW, so please don't try to put that on me -- she's Albert's girl. He brought her there. So, like it or lap it, that's the deal for the moment ;)

Why do you make it sound like Miss Wittsock is some kind of cult figure;she should not be criticised because she fills this cult status and PA & her cannot listen to noise in the Hippodrome because they are cult figures?Because it is rude is it?The fish is still in the water and not in the frying pan and you are ahead of yourself.And I still think that is rude and not the other.

ok, Jaya - come on now, be real. Both of us have offered our catty comments (& a few nice comments) about CW on these boards, but Charlene a 'cult figure'? :lol: Puh-leez. :lol: I've never even referred to her in such a way, that's on you dear. But it's a funny idea, isn't it?

Last edited:
The Rickles book and I

You are right because since reading the Rickles memoir I have this new perspective that is greater than that of War & Peace.[wink]
Thanks again I am back on planet earth.I think?

Charlene is soo booring and seems unsignificant because I don't think Albert and her really date. So I really don't think it matters how she behaves or looks because she will never be princess of Monaco (or I will eat my words;) )

I don't like her!
And I'll be disappointed if Albert marrys her.
She's . . . dislikable.

sorry Charlene

coco said:
I don't like her!
And I'll be disappointed if Albert marrys her.
She's . . . dislikable.

sorry Charlene

welcome with the club "we hate Charlene"

me also, I find her hateful, bus if her past well is analyzed, her words, her gestures, her installations... finally all that relates to her!!! ONE CANNOT LIKE HER !!!

give all the events relative to Charlene in the chronological order and you will see her true face, her true personality, and you will concluerez that she is not made to become first Lady of Monaco

I prefer 1000 times better than Albert remains unmarried, than Caroline remains First Lady of Monaco and than Andréas will future Prince de Monaco.

I know that Caroline will make of her son an excellent Head of State ...

lckc571

You're so right, lckc571.
That's what I wanted to say!

What do you think about Charlene?

lckc571 said:

me also, I find her hateful, bus if her past well is analyzed, her words, her gestures, her installations... finally all that relates to her!!! ONE CANNOT LIKE HER !!!

give all the events relative to Charlene in the chronological order and you will see her true face, her true personality, and you will concluerez that she is not made to become first Lady of Monaco

I prefer 1000 times better than Albert remains unmarried, than Caroline remains First Lady of Monaco and than Andréas will future Prince de Monaco.

lckc571
I agree that Charlene is not Princess material. She has that look of "look at me. I'm here. Look what I have. Look who I'm with. Are you noticing me". She seems completely self-absorbed.

However, I don't think that Andrea will make an excellent Sovereign of Monaco. What is he doing to prepare for this? Is he in college? What is he doing with himself?

lckc571 said:

lckc571

With all due respect to your opinion, why would anyone hate Charlene? I can understand why people may dislike her (everyone has personal opinion about a person), but hating someone you don't even know is a bit too much, in my opinion.

I like Princess Caroline and I would like to see her Reigning Princess of Monaco one day, and I think Andrea Casiraghi would make not a bad Prince either, but the fact is, now the Reigning Prince is Prince Albert. If he married Charlene, she'll be Princess of Monaco and possibly mother of the heir.
It is/would be very hard for her to adjust and show the better side of herself, if whatever she does receives negative response.

I have not followed Charlene in chronological order, however the little I've seen of her definitely didn't make me hate her or even dislike her (though I can't say I like her either). I do think she needs to take some good lessons both when it comes to fashion and manners. With some help, she may show her true colours (and I mean in the favourable meaning of the word).

The problem is (for me), why can't
Prince Albert provide that help?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom