What do you think of Charlene?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Authority of chance;sheer coincidence

HSH Prince Albert is credited recently,with some disconcerting sophistry like "Nothing is a coincidence" and "athletes have nothing to hide "possibly pertaining to Charlene's open relationship with the press."Nothing is a coincidence " is a classic piece of manipulative dialogue presupposing pre- determination and a bit of fatalism."Sound mind in sound body" applies to athletes. Too bad one part of the saying is usually not the equivalent either in theory or practice for those who are alluded to by it to the other creating the ideal.
I have news there is a thing called the "authority of chance" and "sheer coincidence"but athletes who are not very cerebral and always attempt to conceal the fact do not inspire this piece of common sense.
Could Charlene be the Muse behind these gems of wisdom?When I read these I think I started to get bald patches on my head.Maybe "official companions" can do that whatever [the connotations of that "concise, not coincidental, not hiding "] that sound term means.

can u please translate that comment into easy english, cause im basicly stupid

semisquare said:
can u please translate that comment into easy english, cause im basicly stupid

Know you 're not. But basically and simplifying what Jaya is saying is that Albert is a master at manipulating speech which Jaya illustrated with comments about how Albert used the term honest athletes. Thus Albert's or our use of the term official companion is an attempt by him or his people to manipulate what the relationship actually is. Go back and reread Jaya statement and you will see what he/she is saying.

Jaya said:
HSH Prince Albert is credited recently,with some disconcerting sophistry like "Nothing is a coincidence" and "athletes have nothing to hide "possibly pertaining to Charlene's open relationship with the press."Nothing is a coincidence " is a classic piece of manipulative dialogue presupposing pre- determination and a bit of fatalism."Sound mind in sound body" applies to athletes. Too bad one part of the saying is usually not the equivalent either in theory or practice for those who are alluded to by it to the other creating the ideal.
I have news there is a thing called the "authority of chance" and "sheer coincidence"but athletes who are not very cerebral and always attempt to conceal the fact do not inspire this piece of common sense.
Could Charlene be the Muse behind these gems of wisdom?When I read these I think I started to get bald patches on my head.Maybe "official companions" can do that whatever [the connotations of that "concise, not coincidental, not hiding "] that sound term means.

I agree with you whole heartedly. He sounds like he has sealed his fate (or marrriage contract in the works?) and is stuck with his choice therefore he must now support his position with idiotic and lame statements. As far as taking his statements literally, well we all know Charlene is not seriously training for the olympics given all her jetting around and partying so Albert has immediately set himself up to look stupid because Charlene has not been honest in that regard. Also speaking of atheletes in general and not of Charlene, Albert is a member of the IOC's drug committee, if athletes were so honest why would they need this committee and if I recall at the last few olympics at least one athlete has lost their medal due to performance enhancing drugs. Albert has not chosen his words wisely this time out. He must be desperate for an explaination regarding his relationship with Charlene.JMO

u know if charlene had things going for her and i mean in the way of having a real career or starting a business or being at the top of her game. i think people on this board would be happy for both albert and her, just like prince william and kate. imo,the only thing she has going for her is that she is his "companion". i can't seen her making the swim team and if she does i dont think she will do a good job. call me crazy but i think it would be best if she could be honest and say what she is really doing. just be a women about the whole thing and just say it like"im really not working toward 08 games and i like parting" "i've put all of my eggs in one basket because i want to have job secrity seeing that i have no other job prospects.so i will take whatever he dishes out because i need to be taken care of " or maybe even"i want to continue to be his "companion and let him do his thing because i have no self-respect"
i quess that would require some maturity
again just my opinion-so dont get upset

Dancers: God greatest Athletes

Martha Graham once said in her autobiography that dancers whether ballet; modern; Bharat Natyam; Flamenco; tap; were the greatest athletes of God.The discipline maybe an allusion to a type of asceticism. Most walk around naked half the time.I think these dancing athletes also speak truth through the expression of their movement which is very spiritual and so the allusion to being God's atheletes.Most speak their minds without inhibition as well.Iconoclastic Martha Graham took dancing to another level with her Appalachian Spring by Aaron Copland. She had a truth greater than those that had yet to be revealed to her that she wanted to express and she did it through this work. No one had to say of her that she has nothing to hide because she was very capable to define herself and her work in the world.
Charlene too I would liketo see evolve into this "athlete of God" who from her physicality can touch the spiritual as well.These are Olympian; Martha Graham;Moira Shearer;Margot Fonteyn. without their "entrechatSix"[leg movement while in the air twist} and attacks.
One does not have to train for the Olympics to be an Olympian;rather it is a spirit you carry within and radiate ouwards.God's greatest athletes know this.... and I hope Charlene will come to the understanding of whether she is is one of them or not.JMO

Last edited:
Suonymona said:
I do not think what I know of Charlene makes her suitable to be the reigning Princess of Monaco.

However, I think she is clinging to Albert by trying to be more open with him regarding his other women. She clearly wants to keep him happy, no matter the cost to her.
Its the most normal thing about her, IMO.

That's very sad.

Charlene is passé

Charlene Wittstock is out of the news quite a while. It surprises me that this passer-by is still discussed on this board.

In the meantime the Prince has a new girlfriend, miss Tereza Maxova, a divorced model.

She is a beauty. But she also has posed in lingerie (picture) but for Monegasque-principles that is more a pro and a con.

Jaya said:
Martha Graham once said in her autobiography that dancers whether ballet; modern; Bharat Natyam; Flamenco; tap; were the greatest athletes of God.The discipline maybe an allusion to a type of asceticism. Most walk around naked half the time.I think these dancing athletes also speak truth through the expression of their movement which is very spiritual and so the allusion to being God's atheletes.Most speak their minds without inhibition as well.Iconoclastic Martha Graham took dancing to another level with her Appalachian Spring by Aaron Copland. She had a truth greater than those that had yet to be revealed to her that she wanted to express and she did it through this work. No one had to say of her that she has nothing to hide because she was very capable to define herself and her work in the world.
Charlene too I would liketo see evolve into this "athlete of God" who from her physicality can touch the spiritual as well.These are Olympian; Martha Graham;Moira Shearer;Margot Fonteyn. without their "entrechatSix"[leg movement while in the air twist} and attacks.
One does not have to train for the Olympics to be an Olympian;rather it is a spirit you carry within and radiate ouwards.God's greatest athletes know this.... and I hope Charlene will come to the understanding of whether she is is one of them or not.JMO

That was a beautiful statement and very true. To be an olympian in the Greek original sense was both physical and spiritual. The great ones win there races and then transform through their spirit to "gods" of their own universes and seek to better mankind each in his or her own way. Charlene has not yet found that path. I had the pleasure of meeting Martha Graham in her late years, although phsically a shadow of her former self, her mind was as sharp as ever and the sheer force of her personality and convictions filled the room. The energy was electrifying in that room. I am grateful for that experience.

physical corruptibility

hibou said:
That was a beautiful statement and very true. To be an olympian in the Greek original sense was both physical and spiritual. The great ones win there races and then transform through their spirit to "gods" of their own universes and seek to better mankind each in his or her own way. Charlene has not yet found that path. I had the pleasure of meeting Martha Graham in her late years, although phsically a shadow of her former self, her mind was as sharp as ever and the sheer force of her personality and convictions filled the room. The energy was electrifying in that room. I am grateful for that experience.
Hi hibou,
Martha Graham when you had the pleasure of meeting her had physical corruptibility ;the precursor to one's mortality[as a shadow of her former self]
But her spirituality which came from within the corporeal was electrifying. I am certain the same applies to Isadora Duncan. That is what I mean exactly for Charlene and all athletes.

Please remember that this is a thread concerning Charlene...and not any "new girlfriends." So let's try to stay on topic.

princess... no princess...

well,
in my opinion you never know how a person will behave until they are really in the situation.

Charlene might turn out to be a great Princess! you never know. and even if she were to become princess, i think she might do a fine job because she really doesnt have that much to do!

except produce an heir that can ACTUALLY carry the crown...
and as for the whole other women in Prince Alberts life thing... after all here is a man ( no offence) that has millions of beautifull women who want him. it gets kind of hard sometimes...

Charlene would have to put up with the same garbage( Albert being linked to other women) even if they were married!

and 'Official Companion'? well the palace has not acknowledged it, but to be a companion you would need to be with the other person a lot, and they are/were together a lot... its all how you look at things really...:rolleyes:

Henri M. said:
Charlene Wittstock is out of the news quite a while. It surprises me that this passer-by is still discussed on this board.

In the meantime the Prince has a new girlfriend, miss Tereza Maxova, a divorced model.

She is a beauty. But she also has posed in lingerie (picture) but for Monegasque-principles that is more a pro and a con.
no I don't think so she's one of his ex one... and he enjoys ex one and new one ... all the girls.:bang:

i still have the same opinion of her-no matter how many times he brings her to events,how many changes he does to her or how long he waits to show case her- imo she still is wants his title and money because nothing else is going on in her life.
someone tell me what kind of swimming career does she have? what if she doesn't make the 08 games? what can she do in her own right to make a living? i cant find a good answer. so if you have good answers to these questions,pls share them with me

semisquare said:
i still have the same opinion of her-no matter how many times he brings her to events,how many changes he does to her or how long he waits to show case her- imo she still is wants his title and money because nothing else is going on in her life.
someone tell me what kind of swimming career does she have? what if she doesn't make the 08 games? what can she do in her own right to make a living? i cant find a good answer. so if you have good answers to these questions,pls share them with me

I still have a feeling that she is playing the ends against the means so guarantee that she ends up being neither a has been for swimming and an also ran for Princess. Personally, I think Charlene believes she can have it all: the swimming career that ends with Olympic glory and then turn to a royal wedding. And if one does't work out, she still has the other. It's the Disney-fied version of the modern fairy tale. Yet there is a lot left to chance on both sides but I don't think she's stopped long enough to consider them. Nor does she want to. As an athlete, I get the impression she lives in the moment and doesn't think beyond the next race (or gala).

While I don't think she's up for the job (she can't see beyond the outward appearances -- and the devil is in the details), one never knows. However, given her education and social history, she may be viewed as one easy to control. But will life in the gilded cage be enough???

I don't like her very much. I don't know why, but I don't like her.

Charlene is accomplished in her own right, that is true; she is also quite stunning. I think the problem, for me, is that I expect true elegance from Monaco--Princess Grace and Princess Caroline both have this remarkable grace, elegance, and style that most other members of royal families have--even those who marry into these families (well, most of them anyway). So, let's compare Charlene to other royals who have married into the families--and see if she has what it takes. I'm going through them all in my mind and so far, she seems very out of that league. Frankly, I expect to see Albert with the next Diana, Maxima, CP Mary, Rania, etc...but not another Sarah (not that I'm slamming Sarah, mind you, but she wasn't cut out for being a Royal and neither is Charlene)--

pinklady1991 said:
However, given her education and social history, she may be viewed as one easy to control. But will life in the gilded cage be enough???
that was the verdict on another desaster...

She's back again.

Maybe we should give her a chance...who knows...

Last edited:
I don't think much of her after that obvious play to the media during the Winter Olympics - she's in this for the publicity and money, not love.

Well....then again, Prince Albert IS in his forties--maybe he isn't planning on getting married and is happy with Caroline and his son as the heirs to the principality. That's what it looks like to me, in all truth. Hopefully, he's just having some fun with Charlene :D

At the end of the day our opinions do not matter to Albert. It seems at this stage in his life this is the woman that he wants be it as a girlfriend, lover, future wife. Charlene definitely does not have the grace of any of the princess (yet) but who knows, in time she may develop it. I say give her a chance.

Stellad

Putting aside her ill fitting clothes. It is her arrogance, presumptiveness and bravado that make her unattractive for the job. Her inability to learn how to behave at functions or the lack of caring about anyone but herself are not qualities you seek in a princess. If she really cared about Albert she would care about his health. He is very over weight and she should be more concerned about his well being. Instead we are left with her last comment about doing charity work after she retires from swimming and working on athletic committees. She has outwardly announced what she will do as princess. This is not one that will care about the charities she represents. She's about the photo op. She lacks depth of character. JMO

I agree with you, Hibou. PA doesn't look healthy or in the shape, Charlene did nothing for him. I believe that when he meets the right woman and falls in love he will want to look and feel better. When we see Albert slim down and actually start looking happy standing next to a woman, she will be the one! JMO

Charlene is fine with me. Albert seems happy, enjoys her company, and loves spending time with her.

But comparing Charlene to others is not the best thing to do. She is her own person. Just like it is unfair to compare Mary to Letizia, or Maxima to Mary, etc. Each person is different & each person brings their own personality into their role. Comparing Charlene with Grace and/or Caroline is like comparing apple's & oranges.
Just my $0.02

hibou said:
Putting aside her ill fitting clothes. It is her arrogance, presumptiveness and bravado that make her unattractive for the job. Her inability to learn how to behave at functions or the lack of caring about anyone but herself are not qualities you seek in a princess. If she really cared about Albert she would care about his health. He is very over weight and she should be more concerned about his well being. Instead we are left with her last comment about doing charity work after she retires from swimming and working on athletic committees. She has outwardly announced what she will do as princess. This is not one that will care about the charities she represents. She's about the photo op. She lacks depth of character. JMO

Well said.

I also think he needs someone that well get him in shape or at least date someone that can reduce his stress instead of adding to it. I think if he would make some effort there, he may not feel the need to date immature women like Charlene (20 yrs younger than him) & find one not only closer in age to him that you would hope he would have more in common with, but also one that could also blow Charlene out of the water in both her looks & her figure if that is important to him. He needs to reciprocate in taking care of himself if he wants to attract someone that is not only interested in his position & money. I think it shows he is very unhappy man & Charlene doesn't seem to have changed this. His weight is very unhealthy because of where he carries it. And not only does it affect his heart & insulin levels, but it also affects male potency which is already declining fast at his age, everyones seems to be concerned with his partners fertility, it may be for nothing, if that is an issue for him.

I'm with you, Charlene is the same girl she was when she published the details of their first date.That is her character that she shows everyone over & over & over again, she does not seem to have the capacity to grow in that area? Although at her age her character should be well in place. I think as you say "her arrogance, presumtiveness, bravado" sums it, she doesn't even have the job - can you imagine if she did? I can't see his sisters getting on board with the idea of Charlene for those reasons as well.

I hope he buys her off soon, before his reputation is unable to be repaired. Because I can't imagine any woman with any respect for herself who would want to hitch their wagon & follow that caravan of women. He has to get some distance soon. At least publically.

Last edited:
Let Me Try Again....

When I said that we should compare Charlene to the princesses who have married into the royal families, I in no way meant to make unfair comparisons. What I meant, and perhaps should have stated better, was to compare how each lady (now princess) comports herself, the dignity with which they carry theirselves, their overall manner and disposition, their restrained sense of clothing, etc.....What I was really trying to "get at" was that I just do not think that Charlene has that particular quality that each princess has and is, therefore, not really in their particular league. No, it is not fair to compare Charlene to Princess Grace any more than it is fair to compare the Duchess of Cornwall to Diana, The Princess of Wales--yet Diana and Camilla are compared daily--and whoever Albert ends up will be unfairly compared to his mother, Princess Grace. That's just the way it is, and Charlene really should not be Grace's successor.

Listening the old songs of Demis Roussos this morning I thought that this one will be on time. Here is my opinion about all this story and someone expectations.
Do you remember that beautiful melody? Refresh your memory and listen once again ;)

WE PRETEND/1974

We pretend that the end hasn't found us
And we cling to the things left behind us
Line by line, every rhyme has been written
And time left us here unaware

In our eyes gentle sighs went unspoken
Yes, the days will remain unforgotten
Love went by and we tried once too often
To save all the dreams that we share

And here we stand, the silent strangers
Afraid to ask which way to go
Our empty hands at last surrender
The reason why we'll never know

We pretend that the end of our rainbow
Cannot die if it lies like a shadow
Willows bend when the wind blows to conquer
The leaves that have withered away

We can't run to the sun like we used to
Nothing lasts from the past that we once knew
You and I can deny that it's over
And yet we must face it somehow

Yet here we stand, the silent strangers
Afraid to ask which way to go
Our empty hands at last surrender
The reason why we'll never know

We pretend that the end hasn't found us
And we cling to the things left behind us
Line by line, every rhyme has been written
And time left us here unaware

In our eyes gentle sighs went unspoken
Yes, the days will remain unforgotten
Love went by and we tried once too often
To save all the dreams that we share

:rolleyes: DEMIS ROUSSOS paroles // Les paroles de chansons de Demis Roussos

Last edited:
Lady Jennifer said:
But comparing Charlene to others is not the best thing to do. She is her own person. Just like it is unfair to compare Mary to Letizia, or Maxima to Mary, etc. Each person is different & each person brings their own personality into their role. Comparing Charlene with Grace and/or Caroline is like comparing apple's & oranges.
Just my $0.02
And what exactly, in your opinion, does Charlene bring into the role?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom